List of Training Changes

Grey

Perhaps we should sticky that these changes aren't debatable. I'm really wanting to hurt the people screaming like fucking children who seem to think that if they keep yelling, they will somehow change Mike's mind.

Feedback, criticism, and even screaming like children still be encouraged. People have valid concerns, and if Mike isn't telling them to shut up, I don't see where anyone else gets off suggesting something similar.

However, I kinda wish the complaining and feedback would come AFTER this stuff goes live. Some of this stuff is a little premature.

i like crying like a baby when i don't like something it's the best way to obtain what you want arguing never work so i'll do it again lol .

injuries or cut increasing skills decrease sucks .

Then mike will say something like , "well dont worry players it don't influe a lot age will still be the dominant things " .

Then i'll find an other things to cry about .

• Downvote 1

You can do it in the cage dude :)

I am feeling the exact same way towards some of you, want to pop heads like a pimple, just to get that crap out! ;)

This shit is really bringing some hate with it.

Fair. Nothing personal towards you, I actually quite like you. Just wanted to show people how they were coming off. Of course everyone's entitled to say what they want.

wrong. even if the change is bad, if you resist, you'll fall behind.

in that book, it talks about how as a bussiness owner you'll have ppl that will resist change. those are the ppl that, regretfully, you must let go because they cant accept change, and you move on with the ones that can. just like the bussiness owner, mike tycoon has to always keep smelling the cheese to make sure that it's fresh and keep moving the bussiness modal to make sure that it stays fresh WITH the cheese. "you've got to move with the cheese". if some of the ppl cant accept change because they are set in their ways then they are the ones that must be let go. hopefully you can adapt to the change and stay on board because he's obviosly working hard to keep a good product.

whether you like it or not, you've got to move with the cheese. if you dont like the direction the cheese is heading in then you have the choice to stay put. but you run the risk of putting yourself into a cheeseless situation. that can be dangerous. i applaud mike for attempting to stay ahead of the curve.

you should support it whether or not you think that it's good or bad. it all comes down to Adherence. a great strategy is wonderful to have, but not required. it's not the most neccassary thing to have for success. just as long as you follow the formula then you'll succeed. Strategy + competence X passion X focus = adherence. the idea is, no matter how good the strategy is (or how bad), as long as you have a competence about what you're doing, passion for what you're doing, and focus for what you're doing, then you'll be successful, EVERYTIME :)

example on a scale of 1 to 10:

Strategy (10) + competence (6) X passion (3) X focus (4) = 192

Strategy (2) + competence (6) X passion (6) X focus (6) = 288

This is excellent,, This philosophy teaches you to just accept whatever things stuffed up your arse and learn to enjoy it and take advantage of it.

I prefer not to get stuffed up my arse, and wont accept it.

Thank god there are alternatives to the "cheese", so if the change at work is too bad to accept, i find another job. I am not going to accept being put down in salary, having to work hours without getting paid etc.. etc.. that's also change i wouldn't accept.

You might just take it and follow the cheese with passion trying to be successful with the change, or move on and become successful there.

That book sounds like major brainwashing in how to be a good boy and accept any crap that gets thrown over you, "bad change", and it even tells you to like it and try to become successful at getting more crap thrown at you.

That sort of change just gets the finger from me.

• Upvote 1

This is excellent,, This philosophy teaches you to just accept whatever things stuffed up your arse and learn to enjoy it and take advantage of it.

I prefer not to get stuffed up my arse, and wont accept it.

Thank god there are alternatives to the "cheese", so if the change at work is top bad to accept, i find another job. I am not going to accept being put down in salary, having to work hours without getting paid etc.. etc.. that's also change i wouldn't accept.

You might just take it and follow the cheese with passion trying to be successful with the change, I move on and become successful there.

That book sounds like major brainwashing in how to be a good boy and accept any crap that gets thrown over you, "bad change", and it even tells you to like it and try to become successful at getting more crap thrown at you.

That sort of change just gets the finger from me.

no, if you dont like the changes that are happening, then you SHOULD move on and attempt to find new fullfillment. the whole point is to not allow yourself to ever be "stuck" in a cheeseless situation. if you arent getting what you want out of it then you should just trail on. because just like in real life when you are getting you're salary cut or working with out pay then you are hanging around molded cheese. when there is absolutely better cheese just around the corner. you just cant be afraid to search for it. chances are, in real life if you are getting your wage cut or arent getting paid for working then you're employer is trying to get you to move on anyways. he just doesnt have the heart to fire you. same situation here. mike obviously has smelled the cheese and saw that fighters are becoming to uber and rather than just cutting the fighters out of the game, he is implementing ways to work them in (maintenance). he's the bussiness owner and he has the broader scope of what is happening. he has the vision and sets the goals. we are the employees of him so to speak. we watch the direction that he is taking us and if we dont like it then we go off in search of new cheese. but hanging around and being disruptive doesnt make things any better for anyone. especially since nothing has even happened yet. that's called fear. you are fearful of change. it's obvious whether you'll admit it or not. but dont get upset. everybody has fear of change. it can be scary. im scared of change as well. it's the ones that accept it the quickest that reap the biggest rewards.

[edit] im not saying that you shouldnt voice your opinion about the changes. everybody has an opinion. but you're not offering solutions to anything. you're just resisting any changes period

no, if you dont like the changes that are happening, then you SHOULD move on and attempt to find new fullfillment. the whole point is to not allow yourself to ever be "stuck" in a cheeseless situation. if you arent getting what you want out of it then you should just trail on. because just like in real life when you are getting you're salary cut or working with out pay then you are hanging around molded cheese. when there is absolutely better cheese just around the corner. you just cant be afraid to search for it. chances are, in real life if you are getting your wage cut or arent getting paid for working then you're employer is trying to get you to move on anyways. he just doesnt have the heart to fire you. same situation here. mike obviously has smelled the cheese and saw that fighters are becoming to uber and rather than just cutting the fighters out of the game, he is implementing ways to work them in (maintenance). he's the bussiness owner and he has the broader scope of what is happening. he has the vision and sets the goals. we are the employees of him so to speak. we watch the direction that he is taking us and if we dont like it then we go off in search of new cheese. but hanging around and being disruptive doesnt make things any better for anyone. especially since nothing has even happened yet. that's called fear. you are fearful of change. it's obvious whether you'll admit it or not

It is called experience Ed.

With experience you learn to read into change before it happens.

Some people are blind to this, most are sheep, following things others set for them.

Fashion and trends are a good example of that.

This is very very simple,,if i feel change is TOO bad i leave, period.

If i feel the change is bad but acceptable i stay.

Mike is not my employer, he doesn't pay me anything, it is actually me that pays him something. but i am not using that as argument like many have before me,,, boohoo i pay and bla bla bla.

I like this game and will stay.

If this change turns out to be as bad or worse than i envision i will leave.

Nationalism is rife in Europe these days,, that change is dangerous for my freedom.

I hate that change and will not accept it, as i KNOW the consequences it has on society if it manages to take over....

I would prefer not to die, but i'd rather fight to my death opposing it, rather than to allow it to happen by doing nothing, embracing it and attempting to benefit from it.

You call it fear, I call it learning from experience and history.

A fearless person is a very mentally restricted person, whom probably suffers from lack of empathy.

[edit] im not saying that you shouldnt voice your opinion about the changes. everybody has an opinion. but you're not offering solutions to anything. you're just resisting any changes period

I have several times said many of the proposed changes are necessary and very good.

Mike does a good job etc... etc... etc... that is very true.

I just don't like a specific part of the changes.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

I have several times said many of the proposed changes are necessary and very good.

Mike does a good job etc... etc... etc... that is very true.

I just don't like a specific part of the changes.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

I think it's because you don't talk in terms of cheese. Try and find what cheese he likes, some that he does not lke and some he hates. Then use these cheeses to express yourself.

Here are some implications.

2. Depending upon some factors, 1-on-1 gyms may no longer be the optimal solution for training. An alliance gym with probably 3-4 very cooperative managers may be the best choice. The sparring changes mean that people who already have fighters with a good primary in a crowded public gym get great sparring, but it also means that a private gym with a cooperative group is much better for fighters with a low primary.

1 on 1 is still preferable as a 0.1 increase is still an increase - fact

I like the changes overall, although I don't think the maintenance based decrease should be scaled to learning (it should be scaled to age effect on learning though for longer peaks) as that means everyone has the same theoretical max. I'd like a bit of variance in potential for totla skills just like there is for chin, power etc.

Ok... example - I learn at 20% - MMATyccon learns at 100% - does that mean that my fighter will peak after 10 years and after 20 years both fighters will be equal? Math may not be right but you get the idea?

just make fighters and fight them in the qfcs then release them , no need to train them at all :sad01_anim:

i still wont put my fighters in gyms with less than elite coaches as a lot of managers will not either , non vip managers may do so but they dont pay to play so i realy dont care about them

This^

At around 55-60% of the page:

2. Opposing skills. We view certain skills as opposing each other. For instance, having a high level of BJJ and Wrestling will make it harder to maintain a high level in Boxing or Muay Thai. However, having a high Muay Thai skill will not negatively affect your ability to maintain a high skill in Boxing. This applies to physical, primary and secondary skills. This effect only kicks in at a certain point and does not have any impact on the low to mid-levels.

I agree - this essentially means that:

either - you cannot have stndup/ground

or

you cannot have ground/ground

mike says we should not put too much into that - but hey - yes we should!

Well, the strong managers agreed. Who am I not to? :sad01_anim:

Because then their voice belongs to you, either stop being a pussy with no opinions, or speak up. I guess you either haven't read or haven't understood these changes

You call it fear, I call it learning from experience and history.

what history? it's impossible that you have experience in this situation. you have never played mmatycoon where you have to maintain your fighters skills. i havent either. nobody has. resisting something that you have no way of knowing it's effects is FEAR. as i said before though, fear is normal. uncertainty can be an uncomfortable feeling. it's all normal. let's just be glad that it's just a game and not real life :)

you say that you believe in mike tycoon and that he does a good job. yet you dont trust him when he says that this will be better? if the guy had a track record of doing stupid shit then i'd be a little leary myself. but he doesnt. so im not.

bottomline for me, is the logic right? yes it is. so as long as that's the case and everybody else is playing under the same rules, then where's the problem?

what history? it's impossible that you have experience in this situation. you have never played mmatycoon where you have to maintain your fighters skills. i havent either. nobody has. resisting something that you have no way of knowing it's effects is FEAR. as i said before though, fear is normal. uncertainty can be an uncomfortable feeling. it's all normal. let's just be glad that it's just a game and not real life :)

you say that you believe in mike tycoon and that he does a good job. yet you dont trust him when he says that this will be better? if the guy had a track record of doing stupid shit then i'd be a little leary myself. but he doesnt. so im not.

bottomline for me, is the logic right? yes it is. so as long as that's the case and everybody else is playing under the same rules, then where's the problem?

Well, not everything has been brilliant.

This definitely isn't IMO, hence i voice that.

Whether that has any influence, i doubt, but i will damn well try.

If my efforts are fruitless, so be it, but at least i tried, instead of going with the easy, but acidic flow.

Thank the godless universe we are not all alike, and don't "adhere" to the same views, because the planet would be a very boring place to be if it was.

But by all means Ed,, you go have your cheese and eat it,, that's ch-easiest. ;)

1 on 1 is still preferable as a 0.1 increase is still an increase - fact

Except if you buy a 1v1 coach for the standard 8 weeks all your other stats are dropping, since you are only training on that coach. The only way now to make that work is to buy many coaches in 1 gym you can rotate your guys on or have your alliance agree to a rotation schedule for many coaches to share the cost. But, if you are like me and have 1 coach in NY, 2 in London, and a few in Tokyo then 1v1 may no longer be the best rout to take.

Except if you buy a 1v1 coach for the standard 8 weeks all your other stats are dropping, since you are only training on that coach. The only way now to make that work is to buy many coaches in 1 gym you can rotate your guys on or have your alliance agree to a rotation schedule for many coaches to share the cost. But, if you are like me and have 1 coach in NY, 2 in London, and a few in Tokyo then 1v1 may no longer be the best rout to take.

You can hold the other stats if you put some sparring sessions into the schedule. Seeing that everyone needs to maintain their skill, I guess everyone will agree to spar so a 1v1 coach-for-rent gym is still very doable. Although I think the half-private gym will be better.

You can hold the other stats if you put some sparring sessions into the schedule. Seeing that everyone needs to maintain their skill, I guess everyone will agree to spar so a 1v1 coach-for-rent gym is still very doable. Although I think the half-private gym will be better.

We'll have to see how quickly the meter drops before anyone can truly know. I think fighters sharing coaches will end up being the way to go. Still 1v1 but you can at least mix it up a bit. Also, sparring was said to not lower the meter as quickly as more specific coach training. One thing I think is misunderstood in this thread on a different topic is people are complaining about stat deterioration. That is a misnomer. If you toss in a training session now and then or fight occasionally your stats are not deteriorating. It is more stat maintenance. At least until you get so old or injured or insanely skilled that the meter drops faster than you can get around to the training in a particular skill, but according to Mike no one is really there yet.

physicals opposing it sucks hard .

Too bad. Pretty much the most realistic change in the game. You can't even close to logically argue that if your an elite strength power monster that training cardio is just as easy as if you were 30 or 40 pounds lighter. Same goes for flexibility. Those are just basics of physical training.

In fact, why even have physicals under the old system, if all fighters are going to be almost the same anyway?

as for the rest of it, it was inevitable the 4x sensational monsters were going to come to an end. Not only does the concept of make an 18 year old, train him for 18 months or so real life (to create a fighter who looks identical to the other 1000 fighters who just used the exact same formula.) seem tedious, that is a big deterrent to new players. New managers will enjoy fighter design and creation, the new system leaves open windows to design fighters that can be unique enough to win fights based on design- looking up at "sensational in everything" what is the point of even thinking about fighter design?

It didn't matter what the changes were. Some people weren't going to like it and were going to probably quit. I imagine that was already understood.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

We'll have to see how quickly the meter drops before anyone can truly know. I think fighters sharing coaches will end up being the way to go. Still 1v1 but you can at least mix it up a bit. Also, sparring was said to not lower the meter as quickly as more specific coach training. One thing I think is misunderstood in this thread on a different topic is people are complaining about stat deterioration. That is a misnomer. If you toss in a training session now and then or fight occasionally your stats are not deteriorating. It is more stat maintenance. At least until you get so old or injured or insanely skilled that the meter drops faster than you can get around to the training in a particular skill, but according to Mike no one is really there yet.

Sparring lowers a bit of the meter while coach training directly restarts the meter of that particular secondary. Anyway, I agree on your point. People see the word "decrease" and just freak out but then come to think of it, the stat doesn't really drop at the rate of what you gain from a single session training anyway(unless you are on peak level) so you can let them hit the trigger point, drop for a few sessions and kick in a session to regain the decreased amount.

Ok... example - I learn at 20% - MMATyccon learns at 100% - does that mean that my fighter will peak after 10 years and after 20 years both fighters will be equal? Math may not be right but you get the idea?

This is all based on how I understand the wiki: A good learner will reach the roof earlier. A too slow learner might never reach that roof until well into age decline but at an advanced enough age I guess all learners will be equal if point of age decline and injuries are. Basically the slower they are the longer it will take till they reach skill levels where all their training goes towards keeping up maintenance. A guy so slow he doesn't hit that point until it's lowered quite a bit by age wouldn't exactly be ideal. At good learning levels better learning and training is more about having a longer peak I think.

That isn't an issue if you have a private gym with all kinds of coaches for your guys.

Sparring lowers a bit of the meter while coach training directly restarts the meter of that particular secondary.

I don't think so, I can't see it described like that anywhere. Training the particular skill will lower the ticker more than training anything related but it won't reset it.

Overall it sounds like some great changes. It will make the game more fair and easier for new managers to get started and be succesful.

I am however a bit concerned about the skill decrease... I hope I won't be discouraged when/if my fighters start to drop in skill.

I don't think so, I can't see it described like that anywhere. Training the particular skill will lower the ticker more than training anything related but it won't reset it.

About the end of the wiki page and precisely, point 4.5:

What should we do?

This particular fighter could train Muay Thai to knock the tickers down for elbows and knees (as well as the other related skills), or he could train elbows and knees separately. Training Muay Thai would knock all related skills down by a few points, whilst in this instance, training knees or elbows separately would send the ticker right back to zero for that skill. He also needs to have a session of either circuits or cardio training.

Of course, there's always the option there to just have a fight, which resets all the tickers to zero. This may be the best course of action if you get yourself into a mess and have too many skills over the trigger point.