Training changes general discussion

Mike, I wasn't aware the decline would affect the green tickers... Thanks for the headsup... I figured the green ticker was calculates by maximum skill level achieved, not current level ....

Wuuwuu

Saved

I said to myself that i would not write in the forums about these changes and that i would give them a chance but the skill decrease thing is just such a pain in the ass that i cant keep my mouth shut anymore. The tickers tick so fast that i cant even bother to give a shit anymore and its only been like a week since they were implemented. I know you did this becouse you thought it would be the best thing for the game but i honestly cant see how the tickers is that. Most people might disagree with me now but for how long will they have the energy to micromanage the training and still have the energy/time to keep up with everything else? Ive played this game for over 2 years and loved it and its ashame that something small like this can ruin the whole experience for me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I said to myself that i would not write in the forums about these changes and that i would give them a chance but the skill decrease thing is just such a pain in the ass that i cant keep my mouth shut anymore. The tickers tick so fast that i cant even bother to give a shit anymore and its only been like a week since they were implemented. I know you did this becouse you thought it would be the best thing for the game but i honestly cant see how the tickers is that. Most people might disagree with me now but for how long will they have the energy to micromanage the training and still have the energy/time to keep up with everything else? Ive played this game for over 2 years and loved it and its ashame that something small like this can ruin the whole experience for me.

I totally agree. I've played for 14 months and I have loved every second of it. These changes just seems wrong. Probably because they change everything. Especially how you build a fighter.... I've built some of my guys for over a year and that was a waste.

• Downvote 1

I kind of agree. They're already annoying me a lot and I'm close to cutting my stable of fighters down just so that I can maintain them and still enjoy the game. It's not about time for me, but the tediousness of going threw my fighters every day to check their tickers and reset their training accordingly. I can definitely see this getting old fast. Supplements are also annoying now because you'll be using strength for 1 session to maintain it and then have to go in a reset it afterwards back to energy loss and hope you catch it before the next training session runs. It's these little things that you have to do daily that will get old quick and make the game unenjoyable.

But at the same time, I love this game and like you I've put a lot of time into it and I don't want to sack any fighters that I've spent so much time on.

A couple ideas that might make things easier:

- Show how many sessions it's going to take before X skill starts to decline if it's not maintained. Right now we don't know exactly how long we need before the skill declines so it makes it harder to set your training schedule a head of time. Forcing you to check it much more often.

- Create a schedule for supplements like you have with the training. Put it on the gym page right under where you set your training to make it convenient and easy to setup.

• Upvote 2

So what's your alternatives then guys?

With regards to not having time or inclination to monitor stuff, I appeciate the sentiment but really, what are we actually talking here? Like 10 minutes a week? I get it that it's a different mindset to accept decreases as well as increases and maybe it just looks too scary or something... but seriously, I don't get why it's a big deal to just accept the occasional decrease. If you hit a red bar, so what? Your guy goes down a bit, he doesn't die.

I'm not belittling what you're saying, I just don't get why it is 100% fundamental that either your guys never lose any skills at all, or you have to drop them / lose all enjoyment? Those two things just don't make any sense so I need to get why that's how you feel about it. As it is now, your guys have probably lost less points than they would have on the old system, because there is no automatic cardio loss from no training, PLUS I have made you lose less energy from training too.

I'm being totally serious, I want to understand the mindset here so please explain it to me. Would you feel any different if the system was always like this?

• Upvote 3

With regards to not having time or inclination to monitor stuff, I appeciate the sentiment but really, what are we actually talking here? Like 10 minutes a week? I get it that it's a different mindset to accept decreases as well as increases and maybe it just looks too scary or something... but seriously, I don't get why it's a big deal to just accept the occasional decrease. If you hit a red bar, so what? Your guy goes down a bit, he doesn't die.

I'm not belittling what you're saying, I just don't get why it is 100% fundamental that either your guys never lose any skills at all, or you have to drop them / lose all enjoyment? Those two things just don't make any sense so I need to get why that's how you feel about it.

The bolded portion is really the answer here. Some gamers really have an issue with *any* type of backwards regression.

The tickers really haven't been a big issue for me so far and I doubt they will be. I can see where it would upset someone who was really compulsive about never losing a single point ever though. I think if the tickers are a huge problem for someone it is likely because they never bought into the skill decline concept in the first place.

• Downvote 1

They decrease to fast WAY to fast. I only have 8 fighters and i cant bother to check the tickers so i dont even wanna know what a pain in the ass it must be for guys with 15 fighters. And yes Mike that is the only reason why ive lost the interest to play this game it takes up way to much time and all you do is worry about the tickers to the point where i dont even give a damn about them anymore since i wont be able to keep up with them anyway. I just have to be away for the weekend and pretty much all my guys have at least one ticker in the red. It just takes away all the fun for me. Im not a top manager but ive worked pretty damn hard to get my fighters to where they are now and it sucks that you cant even go away for the weekend without having to try and find a computer so you can check up on it.

• Upvote 1

What are they in the red on? Physicals I presume?

The point about physicals is that some people were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay into superhuman levels. We talked about this on the forums for ages and ages and I consulted what level people wanted to be able to maintain, so that's exactly how I set it up - so people will fall into a reasonable level of physicals after a few weeks.

Ok, 12 sessions a week, maximum or 2 sparring sessions for each primary (even for monsters) per week is 8 sessions. That leaves 4 sessions a week to focus whilst still popping skills through sparring.....

Just means you will have to have 2 sensational primaries rather than 4, then have a build that suits your style

I really don't get the issues here by everyone, after all if you spar then you still get skill points aswell as reducing the ticker and total reset after every fight so you're gaining points at all times

• Upvote 1

Mostly physicals yeah but i think the primaries and secondaries tick to fast to. And just to take the physicals as a example i have some guys with close to 200 CT sessions and now i have to do a CT sessions like every third session if i dont want the tickers to turn red. Ive worked hard for those stats and now i cant reap the benefits of it becouse of the tickers and if i want to keep them where they are i have to give up training other stuff. It just sucks for me since ive put in a lot of work into it and now it seems like it was for nothing.

And its not only becouse of that its also very time consuming and since i know that the tickers just will make me sad why even bother checking on them?

And dont get me wrong i like the other changes but this one is really making me loose interest in the game.

• Upvote 2

Mostly physicals yeah but i think the primaries and secondaries tick to fast to. And just to take the physicals as a example i have some guys with close to 200 CT sessions and now i have to do a CT sessions like every third session if i dont want the tickers to turn red. Ive worked hard for those stats and now i cant reap the benefits of it becouse of the tickers and if i want to keep them where they are i have to give up training other stuff. It just sucks for me since ive put in a lot of work into it and now it seems like it was for nothing.

And its not only becouse of that its also very time consuming and since i know that the tickers just will make me sad why even bother checking on them?

And dont get me wrong i like the other changes but this one is really making me loose interest in the game.

Well it doesn't even remotely matter if you like the other changes if this one makes you lose interest though, does it?

With physicals, I apologise for the wasted time. I posted exactly that when I announced the changes. Is it a deal breaker though really if they lose maybe 5 points over each skill and you don't have to really bother trying to maintain them?

Basically all you should need to do if you let things fall into place is 2 sessions of circuits a week (to keep a high physicals guy) and either one or two sessions of sparring, depending on what you want to be good at. It's just a different training method. If you set up like that you really shouldn't find it hard to maintain your guys.

Edit - just on the point of physicals. As much as you think it's wasted time, do you accept that having people with sensational or elite in all 6 physicals is stupid and that it's better if we have some physical variations?

• Upvote 1

I'm not belittling what you're saying, I just don't get why it is 100% fundamental that either your guys never lose any skills at all, or you have to drop them / lose all enjoyment? Those two things just don't make any sense so I need to get why that's how you feel about it. As it is now, your guys have probably lost less points than they would have on the old system, because there is no automatic cardio loss from no training, PLUS I have made you lose less energy from training too.

I'm being totally serious, I want to understand the mindset here so please explain it to me. Would you feel any different if the system was always like this?

I posted some suggestions above on what could help, and like I said, it's not about time for me but the tediousness of it.

I understand that I might lose skills, but if I can do something to stop that then that's what I'm going to do. I'm not going to sacrifice my fighters skills if I don't have too, even if it's a bit annoying. The fighters declining isn't my problem with it though, it's the annoyance of having to go over everything daily. I would actually prefer them to start declining if it meant I didn't have to check over everything all the time (as long as this was happening to everyone and not just me).

I don't know if I'd feel any different if the system was always this way. Most likely I'd feel the same way though.

• Upvote 1

I think the main difference in philosophy is that I don't think you have to do it every day. Sparring and circuits covers basically 99% of it so if you set your training right, you really don't have to spend any time on it at all.

SO I guess really what you need personally is to just find a nice training setup.

• Upvote 1

I'm not opposed to a supplements schedule by the way but I think if you set up your training in a way you're happy with, you won't find it necessary. What supplement you're on doesn't affect your tickers in any way.

As for how many sessions, I think that's liable to make people panic as much as it does help... it seems like just having the tickers at all is stressing people out, without giving a countdown to doom number too.

Anyway, I don't mind doing a supplement schedule if it's really necessary. We'll see after a couple of weeks when people actually get a proper training schedule together.

• Upvote 1

I spend maybe 5 minutes more setting training per day now than before the changes and to me it almost seems too easy to maintain skills (despite some current issues with my aptitude bonuses). I don't think it's a big issue at all outside of noobs getting scared by the wiki.

Edit: And I'm sure those 5 minutes will go down when I get used to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the main difference in philosophy is that I don't think you have to do it every day. Sparring and circuits covers basically 99% of it so if you set your training right, you really don't have to spend any time on it at all.

SO I guess really what you need personally is to just find a nice training setup.

You have to do it daily because every fighter is different. They don't all train, rest and fight on the same days. If all my fighters fought at the same time and I could just log in and set the schedules and be on my way then sure that would be fine, but every fighter is different and every fighter needs different things maintained at different times. Forcing you to check it more often then you should need.

For some fighters yes they're easy to maintain, but for the fighter below for example, it's not quite that simple. If I knew exactly when these stats were going to start declining then yeah I could set my schedule accordingly, but I don't. Over time I will get a better feel for it, but you shouldn't have too, it should be as easy as possible.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7192/unled1jfu.jpg

EDIT: About the supp schedule, it's not about needing them for the tickers. But if I am training strength then I want to be on a strength supplement to get the most out of that session. I only need to train it for 1 session to reset the tickers and then I need to switch it back. If I could set that ahead of time it'd be much simpler.

• Upvote 1

Edit - just on the point of physicals. As much as you think it's wasted time, do you accept that having people with sensational or elite in all 6 physicals is stupid and that it's better if we have some physical variations?

Im biased cuz i have a guy or 3 wit sensational or elite in all physicals. But yea i think its fair. I mean if they used up all that time on phys, then something else is lacking. And just cuz they have those phys doesnt mean they are unbeatable. Was it realistic? I guess not. Fun? Yes :P . I just wish I wouldnt have wasted all that time on cts wit some of my guys now :(.

Well for me at least its way to much work to just maintain the skills you have and i dont want to let my guys decrease just so i can maintain them it takes away a lot of the fun and the hard work i put in to them. If i work i want to move forward not just stay at the same level so it takes away a lot of the fun for me and it takes up way to much time. I dont want to argue with you anymore since you probably wont change it anyway and i know that you have better things to do so i will leave it here.

• Upvote 2

Crisse, the issue really is that I have no idea how many people feel the same way as you do. It's been largely positive in terms of feedback but I'm not stupid and know there will be people who aren't saying anything who don't like it and might quit because of it.

From talking to you guys just now it made me worry at first but I think you're just a bit of a victim of circumstance, having trained physicals higher than "we" want them. I think if you'd started with the system in place then you'd have eased into it and been OK with it but I fully accept that it's a massive steep learning curve and not necessarily an enjoyable one, if you have a very high skilled fighter. I knew all along that would mean some casualties so I have to just accept that.

Just regarding having "better things to do", well if this change was going to make lots of people quit then I would have to redo it... It's as simple as that. That's why I need to talk to people that don't like it and try and understand why.