Reduce energy cost when flying

jacky67

Plus equalize them beetween each city .

The energy cost are too high , when u fly from Sydney to Montreal you loose 80% energy wich is the same (in this game) as doing 114 wrestling sparring session :bigshock: , and everyone know how MT/wrestling... training can be be tiring .

Then why we should equalize them is when you take a fly the only thing tiring is waiting before being in the plane ,when you are in the plane most of the time you sleep wich should be a gain in energy not a loss ,

And you wait the same time for every fly you'll wait as long if you take a fly for las vegas or for St petersburg .

The only difference is the flying time so what should happen when you fly :

1-You don't lost energy or less than 0.7% .

2-depending on how long the fly is you will miss beetween 1-2 training session but you will not lost energy .

I hope everyone knows 2 is already in the game .

http://www.mmatycoon.com/travel_guide.php

But there some stuff to change like when you fly from las vegas to los angeles it takes only 2 hours and it means you still can training .

I think you should miss at least 1 training session for every fly .

Plus i think it's unfair to have some city like Sydney ,every new manager who open an org in Sydney will be screw because no manager will be agree to fly in their org .

Cancel any energy cost when you fly could bring more activity in the game more tourney ,more turn over beetween org ...

I personnally avoid any contact with any other org than org in rio , i know there is plenty of great org owner in the game i just don't want deal with them due to these energy cost .

Edit: i miss my title i don't talk about change base .The energy cost are fine for change base .

Don't change the energy values lost, add a business that regenerates energy after flight loss (hotels) this would create a money sink, add more businesses for VIPs and create a new avenue to explore

• Upvote 2

So let me understand this, since I have to do this soon.

I have a fighter in Sydney, he is going to take a fight in Montreal.

It's says 80% energy hit.

So when he lands in Montreal, he will be at 20%.

If he is 13 conditioning it will take him 13 sessions to get to 100%?

WOW,

Why is that? I could see a day maybe for jet lag, but 6 days? Professional sports teams fly all over the world for every game, they don't need 6 days of rest after getting off a plane.

This seems really extreme.

• Upvote 1

Montreal to Sydney isn't quite 80%. It is 80 points out of 150. So it is still a big chunk at 53%. I agree that some of those trips are a bit too much energy loss to even consider taking.

It will take 9 sessions to recover that. And I believe the energy hit takes place as soon as you board the plane and you still get the training sessions counted as rest sessions.

I have always hated the energy cost of flying. I try to stay at home base as much as possible because of it and it really limits org choices.

• Upvote 3

I'll review it in the next couple of weeks. Please feel free to put your suggestions for reasonable energy loss. Please don't compare it to in game training though - that's obviously far lower than in real life for a reason, so that people can have a full training schedule. Flying is something you only do fairly infrequently and I sill think you should need to rest a bit after flying.

this problem has been discussed before numerous times.

Perhaps a simple cap would be the easiest to code. Max of 4 rest sessions required to recover?

When my parents travel around, they usually only take one day of rest before starting their tours. And they HAVE been to australia :)

With flying being equally frustrating whether your flying cross country of round the world.... I would think if you get one full day of rest the day after you land, you'd be ready to go.

You fly, you land. You lay in bed all day, you get started the next day feeling pretty good.

• Upvote 2

i think like told ajperok a maximum of 3 sessions .

My mind is it makes 3 sessions to fly before a fight ,plus you need 3 session after the fight it makes 6 sessions per fight .

Let's say you fight 10 times per year (about 1 per months )it still makes a 60session gap .

What about to make some round-trip tickets , you lost energy before the fight let's say 4 rest session , and after the fight you take a fly to came back to ur city right away and because of the fight you don't loose more energy ,it will be more easy to avoid to add some freeze session after the fight maybe ?

My flight to Japan had me out for a good bit. Of course before that the only flights I took was from Chicago to California.

I think having 3-4 rest sessions is acceptable. 8+ gets to be a bit much. Especially since it is both ways.

I put here a mail i get , so these flying cost hurt some managers , i still think 3 training session due to flying per fight (2-1 per fly ) should be good , more is a pain .

Subject : Well, this is it guys.

After running the AFC for over 2 years, it's time to call it quits. The environment in Rio has just become too tough. No one wants to travel here anymore and I can't recruit from other cities because they're too far away... and with more and more managers going inactive because of the training changes, I've been having trouble keeping the divisions full. So, this is it. Our last card will be on the 31st.

Jay

Mail from: Amazon Fighting Championship

I put here a mail i get , so these flying cost hurt some managers , i still think 4 training session due to flying per fight (2 per fly ) should be good .

Subject : Well, this is it guys.

After running the AFC for over 2 years, it's time to call it quits. The environment in Rio has just become too tough. No one wants to travel here anymore and I can't recruit from other cities because they're too far away... and with more and more managers going inactive because of the training changes, I've been having trouble keeping the divisions full. So, this is it. Our last card will be on the 31st.

Jay

Mail from: Amazon Fighting Championship

I would have said +1, but this deserves so much more. Its not just about realism - yeah, 1 day is enough for most people when it comes to jet lag, so with packing all stuff its 3 sessions - but its about functionality: this is a royal pain in the ass, really screws over people in more distant cities over the ones which are about in the middle (for example from London you got 3 cities in reach at 10 or less energy cost, from Tokyo its 15 energy minimum) for absolutely no good reason and most importantly, makes organization of player tourneys, including alliance matches...etc much more difficult, because really losing almost a week of training due to having to fly is so annoying it turns people away.

• Upvote 2

who in the world needs 6 days to recover from a flight irl?

That's 6 days real time, in game time its closer to a month lol

I like the idea of some sort of "round trip" flight, not sure how it could be set up though? I also think a max of 4 sessions per "round trip" would be fantastic, say 2 sessions to recover from the flight in and 2 sessions for flight back. Like I said I am not sure if it could be set up but it would be a huge help to both fighters and Org owners across the Tycoon Globe. Haven't decided yet if the cost should be revamped as well, how does everyone feel about that subject?

I'll review it in the next couple of weeks. Please feel free to put your suggestions for reasonable energy loss. Please don't compare it to in game training though - that's obviously far lower than in real life for a reason, so that people can have a full training schedule. Flying is something you only do fairly infrequently and I sill think you should need to rest a bit after flying.

i really think most of the values are good, it's only sydney which is kind of isolated giving it a hard time especially since it's the city struggling the most at the moment

I believe this is an area we have long been needing to correct. Like has been stated many times as well, if I fly somewhere, I don't need 3-6 days to recover from that flight, maybe 1 day maximum plus length of flight, so if the flight is 24 hours, you lose 4 training sessions max. A system with that type of energy loss would be ideal in allowing more travel and also more Orgs from other cities to work together. I am hoping Mike will see it the same way.