Is this game dying?

I do not frequent the forums, but everytime I do I see another big name leaving or now a big org. dropping out. Is it just me or is the game on its last legs? I know one or two managers doesn't end the game, but if this trend could be a snowball effect.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

no.. Don't be such a drama queen... You stated it yourself...

I know one or two managers doesn't end the game,

this type of thing happens in everygame made

EVER..

People get tired of playing..Sure a few don't like the changes but that has a lot to do with their vanity and not being able to stomach their creations fading... then making post to satisfy their own vanity "BOO HOO I QUIT"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

hold on the origonal poster has a valid point , no need to have a go at him

he was simply asking a valid question , that i for one would like to know the answer

I do not frequent the forums, but everytime I do I see another big name leaving or now a big org. dropping out. Is it just me or is the game on its last legs? I know one or two managers doesn't end the game, but if this trend could be a snowball effect.

The cemeteries are full of indispensable people. ;)

But it always sucks though when someone leaves this awesome game.

There are a lot more experienced managers to come so hold on to your hat. It's not the game dying. It's a lot of people who have been playing for a long time just moving on with their lives. The reason it's happening all at once IS due to the changes but most would have left anyway based on everyone I have talked to. The ones with monster fighters require a lot more time to maintain and learn the new system and that just doesnt fit into having less time due to lifes changes.

when it's some random guy, big deal. but when it's long time managers that helped build this game up into what it is...it's a big deal.

i LOVE the changes, but i don't like that they are the starw that seems to breaking a lot of backs. yeah, it's just a straw but the back is still broken nonetheless.

• Upvote 4

well i was gonna make a post like this and went to chat to discuss it with some -- had some good discussion -- i know of 10 to 15 managers leaving or not renewing vip (and this is a small group i know and talk too) -- the major feeling is maintenance or triggers are too fast and if anyone says anything they get jumped as i did in chat (although was having good discussion till again tempest butts in) --- everyone understands maintenance is needed (even ones leaving) but feel its too fast -- having to maintain something every couple of weeks is different then having to do it every week -- the sim side of game got what it needed but is or was it worth losing the game side of user base? -- i know this is a never ending argument but if slowing down maintenance (sim side) of game will keep and hold game users then it might need looked at ---- i do know this is still quick time but we have seen what some changes have done (strength / carido changes) by being re-tweaked

and some will say yea but they been here long time and bla bla bla --- ask your self this or even ask them -- would you or they be leaving if not for this

now i was one for the changes and even helped in them -- but i do also feel they move fast -- some are saying if its slowed down its like not having any -- i dont see it but time will tell i guess -- game has had a user base of 8000 on average (after multi hits) --- and have to say that some are saying oh well if older managers leave and quit newer ones will join -- lmao -- what have you accomplished then? nothing --- object is too keep older and get newer also

• Upvote 3

the maintenance whining makes me laugh. it's not like it's a wasted session, it's IMPROVING whatever you're maintaining...

this is something maybe to look at though --- improving is making it even harder to maintain --- is there a difference between maintaining a skill and improving (learning) --- maybe something to look at long term

Its evolution. The game is changing and new people are going to step up and take the game by storm. All will be well in our little world.

You have a Texas avatar and believe in evolution? Lol, J/K. I used to be from San Antonio. I agree completely with your post. Some of the old guard will step down. There are many reasons, but they did excel under the old system. This new system will have new guys who are better suited to excel with it. We are always getting new members who will eventually become the new old guard.

hold on the origonal poster has a valid point , no need to have a go at him

he was simply asking a valid question , that i for one would like to know the answer

Thanks, this is why I do not frequent the forums. You can't post anything without someone being a dick.

this is something maybe to look at though --- improving is making it even harder to maintain --- is there a difference between maintaining a skill and improving (learning) --- maybe something to look at long term

all i know is, i don't have any trouble at all maintaining my guys, and i don't exactly have a stable full of low level fighters.

it's too soon to tell any long term effects, and since things can be tweaked i don't understand the panic (other than fear of change)

It isn't just the big names that makes me ask this question, but it is easier to ask now that big names have a max exodus. As an org. owner I see trends in the activity of the managers in peaks and valleys. It seems like activity has really dropped off since the changes to me and I am just hoping this isn't going to snowball into something more.

This isn't some indictment on the changes, I am not really for or against them, I am just tryin gto go with the flow of the changes. I just thought Id bring up the subject that I have heard kicked around on the chatroom, and amongst my friends.

It isn't just the big names that makes me ask this question, but it is easier to ask now that big names have a max exodus. As an org. owner I see trends in the activity of the managers in peaks and valleys. It seems like activity has really dropped off since the changes to me and I am just hoping this isn't going to snowball into something more.

This isn't some indictment on the changes, I am not really for or against them, I am just tryin gto go with the flow of the changes. I just thought Id bring up the subject that I have heard kicked around on the chatroom, and amongst my friends.

My org has had zero issues, but my alliance had a few drop out which caused issues for my org gyms. Still, I think in the long run it is for the best to have a strong game that can encourage new players to come fill the gaps.

I do not think so. For every top guy that leaves someone moves into his place that was behind him and a noob joins the game at the end of the line. No one is bigger than the game. There are a few who want to quit now that they rode glitches and tricks of the trade to the top and do not want to go back to being just another manager. Some of these guys had the game down to a science and had every advantage in the book. There was no game to it anymore their only challenge was seeing how long they could stay at the top. This game is getting closer and closer to the real world of MMA. Once the sliders are ironed out(Agg/Counter) it will be there. The people who still want a MMA game are still here, the people who want a challenge are still here. The types who buy a Play station game and buy the tactical guide and use cheat codes the first day they play the game are probably going to leave. There is no reason to give the people who leave a second thought when most are leaving because much needed changes were made.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks, this is why I do not frequent the forums. You can't post anything without someone being a dick.

So wait, disagreeing with your opinion is being a dick? What the hell, what he said was completely 100% true, people get tired of all MMOs, the game will not be dying just because a vocal minority is quitting. Others will fill the void just as they have in many other online communities, its not the end of the world.

Also, this qusetion comes up every few months, I dont see this being any different than the last time.

People can't play the game forever. When I used to play games like this before making this one, I lasted about 2 years then got bored and moved on. It's entirely natural to have manager turnover, it's just people are a bit more dramatic about leaving on here than they are on any other game I've played.

The numbers have decreased because we don't have any free advertising anymore. When the game started there were loads and loads of forum threads about the game. That got thousands of free members in. We've gotta work a bit harder to get those members in now, or just pay a shit load for advertising, but we'll be working on that soon. Everyone can help a little by just publicising the site when they have the chance.

Regarding the tickers, again, if it doesn't hit red there's no point having them. If it took weeks to hit red you'd never hit them, therefore it would just be faster training, which would be pointless.

p.s. pretty sure someone made a thread just like this about a year ago so.... looks like we're still here.

• Upvote 8

The games too good and MMA is too popular for this game to ever die, untill Mike decides it's over. The game could lose half of its players and it would still run smoothly

Obviously origianl managers feel as if it may be dying as everyone around them start to leave the game, but it's just a start of a new generation.

Parts of the first generation may be dying but the game, never! It's easy to get the two confused when you're involved in that generation though.

• Upvote 1

I could never play a game every day for two years(although I've come pretty darn close to a year with this one.)

I think it's a combination of things.

- I'll buy what Mike said about the advertising, that has to account for something

- The training probably did piss a few people off enough to rage-quit, the same thing happens with any major patch of any major MMO

- Burnout, sometimes, people just need a break from the game. I'm feeling a little case of burnout coming on myself, and I plan on taking an entire month off when I get married later this year

- It's summer. People are busy. Family vacations, kids out of school, sometimes the workload for people is more during this time of year, Tycoon takes a back seat to the real world, as it should be(no offense Mike)

Is the game dying? Everything begins to die as soon as it's born but I think we're fine for right now.