Is this game dying?

Just regarding this black belt thing, we talked about that before - it's really not a problem to let people keep their blackbelts but people before said that would be confusing.

Feel free to re-discuss that one though.

I think even if they lose the skill level that drops them under the blackbelt trigger point then just leave them with the blackbelt on their profile, even if they don't quite meet the criteria anymore. As far as I'm aware belts don't get taken away from people do they in real life, even if they gave up training BJJ for 10 years. I think the only time I've heard of it is for disciplinary reasons.

I think Mike is saying you could keep your black belt, but your skill points would be dropping. So, it would still say black, but you might only be at the skill points of a brown if you kept neglecting it. I wouldn't have a problem with it, and I'm sure there are many fighters like that in real life.

Edit: Sorry, I left the page open and went to do other things. Then I came back and posted this, without realizing it had already been said. :bangin:

Edited by Showdown

Pretty gay that I spend over a year building a fighter to have him drop in three primaries in one day. I don't want this shit to be my life, and with the new training, you literally have to change and adjust each of your fighter's schedules multiple times a week. Multiply that one fighter by 15 and you've got way too much bullshit.

People are so quick to pull out their gun on veterans complaining about this change. It's like our invested time means absolutely nothing--our opinions outdated and irrelevant.

I would like to see a third tier to the QFC so veterans can use all that time they wasted building fighters to fight. Not to wait for organizations to book fights, but just fight. Give me a QFC 3 and I'll just fight my way to the grave instead of just pulling the plug.

You're right. That would be more wasted time. I would rather immerse myself in the training changes than read the words of an all-knowing, arrogant, internet tough guy.

• Upvote 1

schaeff's a veteran?

i must have 1 foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. loooool

I don't see how being a veteran and being what my people call a "stupid fucking bitch" have to be mutually exclusive.

Pretty gay that I spend over a year building a fighter to have him drop in three primaries in one day.

Yes, it is pretty "gay" .. that makes lots of sense. These training changes are sexually attracted to other training changes of the same sex. Super gay changes, you nailed it <_<

Oh yes, if you haven't noticed, I'm not a big fan of people whose vocabularies aren't evolved enough that they choose to use the word gay as an adjective for something that is bad.

Yes, it is pretty "gay" .. that makes lots of sense. These training changes are sexually attracted to other training changes of the same sex. Super gay changes, you nailed it <_<

Oh yes, if you haven't noticed, I'm not a big fan of people whose vocabularies aren't evolved enough that they choose to use the word gay as an adjective for something that is bad.

Not to be pissy here, cos I actually agree, but the word gay means happy. So the training changes are happy not homosexual

If it doesn't mean happy then singing in the rain has a whole new meaning lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D_XLCmY0D8

Not to be pissy here, cos I actually agree, but the word gay means happy. So the training changes are happy not homosexual

If it doesn't mean happy then singing in the rain has a whole new meaning lol

Well yes I suppose that's the dictionary definition, but in popular culture gay hasn't been actively used to describe happy in several decades ...

I think even if they lose the skill level that drops them under the blackbelt trigger point then just leave them with the blackbelt on their profile, even if they don't quite meet the criteria anymore. As far as I'm aware belts don't get taken away from people do they in real life, even if they gave up training BJJ for 10 years. I think the only time I've heard of it is for disciplinary reasons.

Yes, u're right but here the point is that they decrease in grade, so it's not about strippin' the belt it's about going from black to brown again which is not realistic really. This never happens, and it's not about aesthetics and it's not fog war either, it's just that a belt acquired doesn't decrease never ever. :P

Pretty gay that I spend over a year building a fighter to have him drop in three primaries in one day. I don't want this shit to be my life, and with the new training, you literally have to change and adjust each of your fighter's schedules multiple times a week. Multiply that one fighter by 15 and you've got way too much bullshit.

People are so quick to pull out their gun on veterans complaining about this change. It's like our invested time means absolutely nothing--our opinions outdated and irrelevant.

I would like to see a third tier to the QFC so veterans can use all that time they wasted building fighters to fight. Not to wait for organizations to book fights, but just fight. Give me a QFC 3 and I'll just fight my way to the grave instead of just pulling the plug.

oh noes, you need to spend a whole 15 minutes looking at your training a few times a week? what a horrible penance for having high level fighters...

dude, i'm a vet with high level fighters too. i adjust my training a few times a week, and i've only had ONE skill (flex) de-pop for ONE fighter.

oh noes, you need to spend a whole 15 minutes looking at your training a few times a week? what a horrible penance for having high level fighters...

dude, i'm a vet with high level fighters too. i adjust my training a few times a week, and i've only had ONE skill (flex) de-pop for ONE fighter.

I've had one de-pop, and it was on boxing for a guy that is a ground fighter. I could have avoided it if I felt it was essential. It wasn't....

Let's not forget now Mike has impelmented a skill decrease cap????

Which means for the ignorant twits that have no clue how to adjust to training changes they can have a full 40 sessions in the red before dropping a skill point....

I'm dumbfounded as too how these "veterans" can't look at the skill maintaince page on a Sunday and realise that certain tickers are close to red so they need to train that skill??

"All physcial triggers are short" - Ok in the 12 training sessions this week I need to do 2 possibly 3 CT's... Logic would say you do 1 at the start of the week, 1 in the middle and 1 at the end... I mean it's not rocket science?????

"All primary triggers are short" - Ok once again 12 training sessions in a week, I can only use 6 for sparring or I get diminishing returns. That means I deidcate 6 sessions to sparring... Wow this is tough....

Oh... I have worked out the reason it's so hard to adjust.....

The game has actually changed and no longer can you play in "GOD MODE", for the first time in 2 years or whatever it is you actually have to think and use the brain between your ears when building a fighter or setting up your training..

Heaven forbid you actually have to think strategically in a strategy game...

• Downvote 1

"All physcial triggers are short" - Ok in the 12 training sessions this week I need to do 2 possibly 3 CT's... Logic would say you do 1 at the start of the week, 1 in the middle and 1 at the end... I mean it's not rocket science?????

"All primary triggers are short" - Ok once again 12 training sessions in a week, I can only use 6 for sparring or I get diminishing returns. That means I deidcate 6 sessions to sparring... Wow this is tough....

yay, now i got a whole 3 sessions of training what i really want to work on :thumbup:

Neway, im on here daily so maintenance really hasnt been that big an issue. unless its for my phys monsters or on sundays.

yay, now i got a whole 3 sessions of training what i really want to work on :thumbup:

Neway, im on here daily so maintenance really hasnt been that big an issue. unless its for my phys monsters or on sundays.

Or you could actually put some thought into your build and let an area drop so you can strengthen another???

Not to mention that if you spar each discpline once per week you then have 6 sessions to build something you want.

• Upvote 1

*complaint*

*solution*

*refusal*

that's a winning formula right there. no wonder people are mad about spending more time here, their time here sucks. it sucks becuz they refuse to use the solution given to them.

this is how i did it...so my time here doesn't suck.

*change*

*shift*

*acceptance*

• Upvote 1