Is this game dying?

We always here about the managers who are leaving?

But is anyone paying attention to the new managers who are in the top 100?

I'm pretty much the only one in my alliance who ever posts anything. The forum isn't necessary for the enjoyment of the game, the 3 or 4% who post here regularly should accept that.

This does help. It helps even more if the GSP fans can admit that he isn't an elite wrestler.

His wrestling is OK, but far from elite. People get confused, because he does have elite TD's (or one could argue exceptional with elite speed). Once on the ground he is more of a BJJ fighter. His movements do not really match those of a wrestler.

I agree with this points there is a lot of informations for new players to learn .

One reason the mentor system could not have been added at a better time. My trainee just had his 1st fight under me and won. We was planning on dumping the fighter, but after the fight he mailed me and is excited to see how far he can take him.

I'm on my way out too in around 100 days, or whenever exactly my VIP runs out.

I had planned to quit before, but Jay Low was fucking amazing and bought me 6 months of VIP to stick around...thus I did.

I have my own opinion on if the changes were put in a good -way-, but feel they were for the best long term.

My biggest gripe about the game is the game engine really. But maybe lowering everyones overall skill/defense back to reasonable levels will fix the engine issues. Maybe not though since I havent found it very hard to maintain any of my guys at the highest levels, thus making any overall decrease.

I do not think so. For every top guy that leaves someone moves into his place that was behind him and a noob joins the game at the end of the line. No one is bigger than the game I completly agree with you on that points. There are a few who want to quit now that they rode glitches and tricks of the trade to the top and do not want to go back to being just another manager. Some of these guys had the game down to a science and had every advantage in the book. There was no game to it anymore their only challenge was seeing how long they could stay at the top. This game is getting closer and closer to the real world of MMA. Once the sliders are ironed out(Agg/Counter) it will be there. The people who still want a MMA game are still here, the people who want a challenge are still here. The types who buy a Play station game and buy the tactical guide and use cheat codes the first day they play the game are probably going to leave. There is no reason to give the people who leave a second thought when most are leaving because much needed changes were made.

This part is weird it seems you lost some fights against players with better sliders an now you're on some "hate" mode because maybe they didn't had has good skills than your fighters ,maybe you was the one using cheat codes .

Please learn how to use the quote function. I don't want people think i said the crap you posted. Also what manager "out slidered" me? My comments had nothing to do with anyone one person. It funny people pissing and moaning about change like children like they have done over every change. If you think i base my opinion on losing to Escobar then you are a moron. Secondly he didnt out slider anyone. The sliders is a game plan. If all your sliders never change and you have the same game plan with every fighter for every opponent then it isnt a game plan. It is a flaw in the game. Countering because someone miss' a high amount of strikes due to the damage slider is a game plan. Countering because counter is too strong is just taking advantage of the system.

• Upvote 1

Under the old system he would have quite a way to go, but now, under the new system, he's ready :smile_anim:

So, the post you quoted was NOT a change complaint

Fair enough... It sounded a bit complainy but I am almost conditioned into expecting complaing at the moment so I dunno :P

Anyway, I hope you have fun with the new beasts you're about the unleash into potential superstardome. :)

I'm still waitimg for my first negative pop, I've had a couple negative mini pops on skills that are towards elite but that's it.

I'm seeing the "maintain skills or let them drop a bit" the first real decision that is going to make fighters different from eachother, which is what everyone seemed to want.

If you asked an experince manager to write down the general stats of a good stand up fighters with defensive skills everywhere else before these changes, they'd all pretty much be the same. With these changes it will be much more harder as you have no idea which way the manager will go with it.

Just one of the postive sides of the change :)

i have had 14 negative pops out of my last 17 and starting to not even want to log in :suicide_anim:

What in? Sounds very excessive if you've got a decent training regime sorted.

in pretty much everything, a few are from a guy im about to cut and just don't worry about but the rest are not. Also the worse thing imo is that i had a guy pop from black belt back to brown.

2011-07-16 Conditioning Wonderful Remarkable

2011-07-16 Defensive Grappling Exceptional Wonderful

2011-07-16 Strength Sensational Exceptional

2011-07-16 BJJ Elite Sensational

2011-07-15 Agility Remarkable Superb

2011-07-15 Striking Defense Sensational Exceptional

2011-07-15 BJJ Sensational Exceptional

2011-07-15 Wrestling Wonderful Remarkable

2011-07-14 Balance Wonderful Remarkable

2011-07-14 Kicks Wonderful Remarkable

2011-07-13 Flexibility Exceptional Wonderful

2011-07-13 Agility Wonderful Remarkable

2011-07-13 Conditioning Exceptional Wonderful

yesterday (maybe the day before) i was wondering if i set my aptitude sliders correctly, yet here i am, with quite a few older fighters and hev yet to have a negative pop...hell, i haven't even come close to having a bar in the red.

i have completely changed my thought process on training. my older guys, keep them up and my younger guys, sloooow it down. it's no longer a goal of mine to hit excep/sens in every damn secondary...it's not necessary to me anymore. since i have changed my thought process, the game as gotten A LOT more fun for me. sure it takes a little bit more time but i have NO problems spending more time on things that i enjoy (funny how that works out huh?).

i REALLY love the fact that i now know that i have some badass fighters AND i no longer need to worry about making them MORE badass. i can just sit back and let them be the badasses they are...tremendous weight off my shoulders. the last guy i created prior to the changes, i went old school and didn't pick fast learner and didn't ditch him when he didn't get a 9 or 10 (or whatever high level learner), his skills were not made 110 in a few things and 1 elsewhere, i did the o.g. cardio (which honestly, i still hate), and found a lower level org (feeder) to get him fighting while he trains up...i missed that. the new way was stale. i mean, not fighting a guy for almost a real life year? seriously? then, when you finally do, it's still a risk cuz some other fucker was doing the same goddamn thing? that shit sucks.

my man, dick offenhard is 25 (barely) and already has 23 fights under his belt. u just don't see that anymore. i mean, look at jesus gonzalez, the guy has more ko wins than most guys have total fights. check out franky sin's stable of a bunch of guys with like 30+ fights n' shit. it's awesome. with this new way, it's possible to do that again.

i don't think i ever had a problem with the idea of sensx4 fighters...i had a problem the idea of sensx4 fighters by the age of 22-23 with 0 fights. if a guy has 30 fights and is sensx4...i'd have no issue, cuz that dude has put in some work. i'm not sure where i'm going with this (as usual lol).

anyways, i'm not saying u gotta like this or that. i will say that i've been here for 2 years, have never thought of quitting, i'm old in real life (37) and i have somehow managed to adapt (already) and STILL have fun with it. in fact, have more fun and get more enjoyment out of it. look, it's either worth it or it ain't but that's for you and your attitude to decide. attitude is everything when it comes to things like this...state of mind.

• Upvote 4

yesterday (maybe the day before) i was wondering if i set my aptitude sliders correctly, yet here i am, with quite a few older fighters and hev yet to have a negative pop...hell, i haven't even come close to having a bar in the red.

i have completely changed my thought process on training. my older guys, keep them up and my younger guys, sloooow it down. it's no longer a goal of mine to hit excep/sens in every damn secondary...it's not necessary to me anymore. since i have changed my thought process, the game as gotten A LOT more fun for me. sure it takes a little bit more time but i have NO problems spending more time on things that i enjoy (funny how that works out huh?).

i REALLY love the fact that i now know that i have some badass fighters AND i no longer need to worry about making them MORE badass. i can just sit back and let them be the badasses they are...tremendous weight off my shoulders. the last guy i created prior to the changes, i went old school and didn't pick fast learner and didn't ditch him when he didn't get a 9 or 10 (or whatever high level learner), his skills were not made 110 in a few things and 1 elsewhere, i did the o.g. cardio (which honestly, i still hate), and found a lower level org (feeder) to get him fighting while he trains up...i missed that. the new way was stale. i mean, not fighting a guy for almost a real life year? seriously? then, when you finally do, it's still a risk cuz some other fucker was doing the same goddamn thing? that shit sucks.

my man, dick offenhard is 25 (barely) and already has 23 fights under his belt. u just don't see that anymore. i mean, look at jesus gonzalez, the guy has more ko wins than most guys have total fights. check out franky sin's stable of a bunch of guys with like 30+ fights n' shit. it's awesome. with this new way, it's possible to do that again.

i don't think i ever had a problem with the idea of sensx4 fighters...i had a problem the idea of sensx4 fighters by the age of 22-23 with 0 fights. if a guy has 30 fights and is sensx4...i'd have no issue, cuz that dude has put in some work. i'm not sure where i'm going with this (as usual lol).

anyways, i'm not saying u gotta like this or that. i will say that i've been here for 2 years, have never thought of quitting, i'm old in real life (37) and i have somehow managed to adapt (already) and STILL have fun with it. in fact, have more fun and get more enjoyment out of it. look, it's either worth it or it ain't but that's for you and your attitude to decide. attitude is everything when it comes to things like this...state of mind.

Once again you take the words right out of my mouth. :D

in pretty much everything, a few are from a guy im about to cut and just don't worry about but the rest are not. Also the worse thing imo is that i had a guy pop from black belt back to brown.

I'm starting to come around on the changes but this part kind of annoys me. If the changes were supposed to make the game more realistic this shouldn't happen. No one would ever drop from a black belt down to a brown even if they didn't train BJJ for 20 years. Like they say 'once you go black you never go back'. It's something small but it gets to me.

You're Da Man J!

I am getting closer to the highlighted every day. :)

Well, talking about the game dying, it seems there have been better and also significantly worse times:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/mmatycoon.com#

About tickers, I never played the "make a project and train it for a RL year" - I tried to start some in January and they are already flying out for blood - so it doesnt really bother me. Yes, it adds some micro, but really not too much since its not a big deal if a skill is red for a couple of sessions as the training gains offset it.

The thing that fighters pop from black to brown is not good, this shouldn't happen, in reality if a fighter is awarded a black belt no one can take this grade from him, a belt acquired doesn't decrease ever. I would suggest a different grading system for BJJ, that would be complicated tho.

About the fact that fighters pop negatively in other styles is ok, that means also much more time spent on the game, fighters builds, and more emphasis on the sliders. In the end fighters are good because they have good GP not because they excel in more fighting styles. The changes are good from this perspective but it is also true that not anyone would have the necessary patience to pay attention to so many details

Maybe keep the belt/primary up but make the Sub Offense/Defensive Grappling drop a little faster? Don't know if that's even possible and it'll probably piss some people off even more.

Yea if we're basing it directly off primaries sure. But in terms of realism how many guys to you see getting stripped of their black belts because they forget to train for a few sessions?