Is this game dying?

the maintenance whining makes me laugh. it's not like it's a wasted session, it's IMPROVING whatever you're maintaining...

that's not my problem with it at all, my problem is it's turning tycoon into like a full time job. I didn't log in for 3 or 4 sessions and when i came back i had fighters declining all over the place now i have to change all there training and it just seems more like a chore then the game being fun anymore. TBH i am also sick of the people that don't like the changes being told they are whining all the time, if it wasn't for people that disagree nothing in the world would ever get fixed/changed.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I could never play a game every day for two years(although I've come pretty darn close to a year with this one.)

I think it's a combination of things.

- I'll buy what Mike said about the advertising, that has to account for something

- The training probably did piss a few people off enough to rage-quit, the same thing happens with any major patch of any major MMO

- Burnout, sometimes, people just need a break from the game. I'm feeling a little case of burnout coming on myself, and I plan on taking an entire month off when I get married later this year

- It's summer. People are busy. Family vacations, kids out of school, sometimes the workload for people is more during this time of year, Tycoon takes a back seat to the real world, as it should be(no offense Mike)

Is the game dying? Everything begins to die as soon as it's born but I think we're fine for right now.

Good point about it being summer. I have had a few guys on hiatus due to vacation in my org too.

As far as people being all defensive about it, I am just asking the question many people have been saying themselves recently. Just curious to what people thought. SOunds like most people here and pretty opitmistic about it, so that is good.

that's not my problem with it at all, my problem is it's turning tycoon into like a full time job. I didn't log in for 3 or 4 sessions and when i came back i had fighters declining all over the place now i have to change all there training and it just seems more like a chore then the game being fun anymore. TBH i am also sick of the people that don't like the changes being told they are whining all the time, if it wasn't for people that disagree nothing in the world would ever get fixed/changed.

I can see where Cus is cominmg from, I am wondering how much time I will have with school coming up and hopefully my internship going on this semester too. The new changes are a bit more demanding than the old ones for sure.

Right.. and now... now that you got the jist of it.. you should be able to set up a training regime that.. by saturday night nothing drops.... and honestly..if you set it right.. nothing will drop almost ever if you do enough circuits and sparring... If you set it right you don't really need to log in but once a week.... pop on... See oh crap So and So's Submissions are getting close to red.... bada bing .. your done.

He's even changed training so that you anal types don't need to change your training everyday just to make sure you get in a 1on1 class...5 people per class... is now really no big deal.. get decent bennys..

It was always going to be tough to maintain your fighters if you don't change the way you train. I have some highly skilled fighters, and if I didn't change the way they train, then it would be a hell of a lot of work to stop stats dropping. But Mike came out and gave us the blueprint - spar more, mix up your training.

It's human nature to resist change, so these threads will continue to come up. But I know I'm not the only one out there who knows that the changes are great for the game, so you adapt.

Right.. and now... now that you got the jist of it.. you should be able to set up a training regime that.. by saturday night nothing drops.... and honestly..if you set it right.. nothing will drop almost ever if you do enough circuits and sparring... If you set it right you don't really need to log in but once a week.... pop on... See oh crap So and So's Submissions are getting close to red.... bada bing .. your done.

He's even changed training so that you anal types don't need to change your training everyday just to make sure you get in a 1on1 class...5 people per class... is now really no big deal.. get decent bennys..

If i knew i wasn't going to log on for a few sessions in a row i would of changed my training and tbh if i have to use most of my weeks training just to keep my skills i find that lame itself. seems like a few people agree my post already has 7+ in no time.

• Upvote 1

it's just people are a bit more dramatic about leaving on here than they are on any other game I've played.

because its social as fuck, duh .. sometimes you dont even know what you coded, man ;P

im not leaving because of some human awesomeness spread around the globe that hangs out here

• Upvote 1

it's just people are a bit more dramatic about leaving on here than they are on any other game I've played.

probably cause this game drew more attention then just your average MMO player but now its leaning more in that direction

i know myself never played one but this and probably wont play another after this

I like the changes it brought back a little Interest to this game for me as I was not spending much time on here other than setting my training up and I run a Org so I would setup fights and then log off. Now I have to spend more time on setting up my training so in turn it means I am on here longer which I think will help me with my Org as Managers will be able to contact me more and not have to wait a day to get a response.

I have been playing this game over two years and I just renewed my VIP a couple of days ago so I wont be going any where soon.

• Upvote 1

This is definitely part of it. The game has become quite complex compared to when I started. It makes people like me love it but like any complex and difficult game (all PvP ergo zero sum) the more difficult and complex it becomes the narrower the appeal becomes.

See, I don't get how you people have so many de-pops. I haven't had a single one yet, and I have no problem maintaining my guys.

I was pretty much gone all last week. I premeditated that by changing my training very very slightly, and it worked out just great.

I know my guys have fairly good stats, so now I'm curious what stats you lot rock.

• Upvote 2

Why does it seem like mostly well known managers are complaining? If the changes sucked so bad why not a more diverse group complaining? I see people who have had success under the old system and their survival instinct is making them fight to keep that system wether right or wrong. Fighters in real life are not perfect. Real fighters have style and limitations. The best put more time and effort into training. Just as the more dedicated in this game will spend more time making sure they improve and dont allow their tickers to get in the red. look at it this way. If you cant keep up with the training and your fighter gets in the red. Then you skills for that fighter in that skill is higher than it was meant to be or it is low on your priorty of skills to keep. NOTHING will decline that you have at a high priority. There is nothing keeping you from training it. So what if your Stand N Bang fighter cant have Elite BJJ.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think things will cool off as guys get into a rhythm with the maintenance. There will be some growing pains and some de-pops, but once you get a system down for your guys, it won't (I hope) be so taxing on your time or seem like such a chore like it does now.

I'm as sad as anyone that so many recognizable names are leaving, many of whom I've become real friends with. But as a few have mentioned, it's inevitable in an MMO and many were leaving or on the fence anyways.

Those of you that ARE staying, can help by promoting the game and mentioning it to your RL friends.

• Upvote 1

See, I don't get how you people have so many de-pops. I haven't had a single one yet, and I have no problem maintaining my guys.

I was pretty much gone all last week. I premeditated that by changing my training very very slightly, and it worked out just great.

I know my guys have fairly good stats, so now I'm curious what stats you lot rock.

I have been playing about a year and a half now and have some projects that have trained that whole time and I'm in the same boat.. Its a tiny, tiny change to training patterns and you have maintenance sorted for the week,... This rubbish about changing training every day of is a load of bullshit. If your trigger points are extremely low then train that skill early and late in the week it leaves the whole week to train other shit. You CAN'T be good at everything so pick the style and don't try to maintain everything!!! If you want to maintain everything then spend your whole week adjusting your schedule to try and maintain it. That's your stupidity though.

The one thing I will say is that generally in other games when you stop for a month. 6 months or even a year when you come back you generally can come back and just continue where you left off... In a game like this where "training time" is the difference between an average manager and a good manager it makes it hard for those coming back to the game to continue. Because you then once again have to put in the year or year and a half before you get back to the same level you were. Edsfan "restarting" is a perfect example of this.

• Upvote 2

The Thing is this game takes time, people with lives outside this game had it down packed how much time they need to play each week/day based on the company they own or current obligations(posters,write ups ect) they have.. The changes are taking people out of there comfort zone and either we take more time away from doing dishes, walking the dog or laundry just to switch training or we fall behind.. If people are mad they have the right to be, they paid to play(and gave yrs to the game), some could have bought VIP a week before the changes and wish they didnt now.

My RL friends didnt want to play before the changes, now I would be surprised if anyone new that has a Job/kids (and actually goes or watches them) stays to play. If the game is trying to cater to the stereotypical computer geek that does nothing but sit at home playing games and has no life then its on the right track.. I not trying to put the game down in anyway either, its just becoming to time consuming.. Its still a great game but its definitely starting to narrow down the type of players you will get and you can guarantee even if they had all the free adds back there might be a lot of new players but the percentage of players that stick around with the the new changes will be smaller... more work/effort/time it takes the less players will stay, time is money!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If it seems like a chore, your fighter is proberbly too good, you should let those skills decline to ease it up.

• Upvote 1

I definitely do not think the game is dying, though that doesn't mean numbers may have dropped due to some recent changes. What I think would be great for the game is a run of advertisements around the net, if there are some i've not seen them, this was word of mouth for me. It's a shame stuff like this costs money.

I would love to see a lot of new managers.

-Redge

If it seems like a chore, your fighter is proberbly too good, you should let those skills decline to ease it up.

ERH,,, NO FUCKING WAY!

I have used blood sweat and tears to bring my fighters up there, so in no fucking way in hell am i "just going to LET those skills decline",, are you for real mate?????

If they drop they drop,, but that drop will only be after i do EVERYTHING I CAN to avoid that!

Hence training becomes a bit of a chore for us feeling that way.

I am not willing to trade loss of skills for more time, but sometimes i don't have a choice.

Still I haven't seen a single drop in skill, but it takes a lot of monitoring and planning to keep it that way, pissing off the missus.

But, i have decided i can live with this added maintenance planning time,, but there wont be any "just let the skills drop to have more time",, no fucking friggin way!

I do not think so. For every top guy that leaves someone moves into his place that was behind him and a noob joins the game at the end of the line. No one is bigger than the game I completly agree with you on that points. There are a few who want to quit now that they rode glitches and tricks of the trade to the top and do not want to go back to being just another manager. Some of these guys had the game down to a science and had every advantage in the book. There was no game to it anymore their only challenge was seeing how long they could stay at the top. This game is getting closer and closer to the real world of MMA. Once the sliders are ironed out(Agg/Counter) it will be there. The people who still want a MMA game are still here, the people who want a challenge are still here. The types who buy a Play station game and buy the tactical guide and use cheat codes the first day they play the game are probably going to leave. There is no reason to give the people who leave a second thought when most are leaving because much needed changes were made.

This part is weird it seems you lost some fights against players with better sliders an now you're on some "hate" mode because maybe they didn't had has good skills than your fighters ,maybe you was the one using cheat codes .

I thought of MMA tycoon when Kevin Smith was running $100 ads on his Smodcast network, since Jay is a tapout-esque fan of UFC. They are up to $500 now though, and it's most likely not to our target audience.

I do think someone like Tamel/Buster gloves would have the skills to put forward something that represents our community properly to a really big fucking audience and would succeed in picking up a few new players, plus advertising their show would send it through the roof ( including bandwidth :)). if we had ads on something like the Joe Rogan Experience, we would be hitting our target crowd, but who the fuck has FleshLight kind of money :/

Oh what a delight it is too dream....... :D