Keeping / losing your BJJ belts

MMATycoon

Should you lose the belt if you drop down in BJJ?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Should you lose the belt if you drop down in BJJ?

• Yes, lose the belt
    • Lose the belt but only if you drop quite a long way below
    • No, keep the belt no matter what
    • Don't care

this is somewhat how i look at it --- primaries to me are knowledge -- secondaries are tech / ability

you really never lose knowledge but do lose ability and tech

in my opinion this would be the best way to go. i posted as much in a previous thread. i see the primaries as more knowledge/achievment and the secondaries as the actual skill. also what happens in the tott. one monthe hes an olympic wrestler and the next month he isn't? or one month he's an adcc champ and then he isn't.

A fighter at blue belt level and poor stand-up skills it's pretty much a can in my opinion, even if he would have a high primary in wrestling that wouldn't be enough, indeed you'd have to search a lot for someone as crappy as that fighter to set up a match

This describes half the guys getting into the UFC.

Does anyone else think this has become way too complicated, decreasing stats, at like 21 years old, it doesn't happen in real life maybe

I think this happens all the time. I've experienced it myself and seen it happen more times than I can count.

And I can count to at least 13.

I think if you drop you should lose the belt. This isnt real life, so please dont anyone come at me with that logic.

Sure you can still basicaly tell how much BJJ a guy has via the scout page but a lot of newb players will just end up been put off a lot of fights as a result of belts when they need not and it will just have a knock on effect of head pains due to fight declines for org owners.

If people want fog of war thats another matter entirely... but keeping belts for the sake of it just seems off to me. Its like saying if i was once #1 p4p should i display that rank or my actual rank on my profile for astetic reasons, come on now.

agreed, people cant always compare the game to real life in every aspect

Keeping the belt aint really fair to be honest, that's like sayin keep our boxing at elite even if it drops to wonderful.

The belt isn't an award, it's a way to display a stat. So I think once you drop far enough you lose the belt just like any other stat. BJJ belt is equivalent to a BJJ stat which = same thing as a boxing or Muay thai primary stat. So if your BJJ stat decays so should the belt. Make sense?

belt is only partialy expression of skills. it has all other kinds of info in it. especially when owner gets older and non competetive.

bjj belts are not as descriptive as other skills, but it only makes then more reality like and its definately cooler.

it would be cool if red belts ingame could give belts to other fighters, up to brown ;)

As the PBR manager said:

The knowledge we never Eskimos.

We just got "out of rhythm."

If you know how to apply an armbar from guard, but your opponent is training while you are eating pizza, you can not do this fight time!

Because that totally applies to this game right?

Keeping the belt is realistic, as is the skill value decreasing.

If everything has to be realistic then i suggest we also remove sliders, thats very unrealistic. Hey GSP... come here a moment while i set your sliders...

• Downvote 3

It seems silly saying that just because one aspect of the game isn't realistic, then we should forget about realism altogether.

If the realistic way doesn't detract from the game then we should always go with that option, in my opinion.

I like this idea too. Maybe it could display both, such as:

Smith has Mediocre boxing, Mediocre Muay Thai, Wonderful wrestling, Exceptional Jiu-Jitsu, and holds a Black Belt.

I like this idea the best. If the belt is kept, this should be implemented that way it keeps the best as something aesthetic and shows a fighter's BJJ skill at his peak before the decline.

I know we're discussing the belt in regards to the game here, but the belt has much more semblance and meaning as something earned in realism and should at least be carried over here. You can't unearn the work and effort to earn a blue, purple, brown, black, or red belt just because your fighter decided to stop training BJJ or any associated secondaries for it in X amount of time.

• Upvote 1

seriously guys, why does it all have to be about fucking numbers... :/

you cant play the game without knowing your opponets stats to 0.0001 point?

exaggeration is delibeate, before someone starts playing smart...

Because this game is like 90% mathematical dude

I have no idea what you're responding to.

Yeah it was about the idea that it's more difficult to scout fights if the belt remains the same after skill dropping, I don't believe that's the case

If the dropping of skills has been capped even less, yeah so I would go for keepin' the belt

If everything has to be realistic then i suggest we also remove sliders, thats very unrealistic. Hey GSP... come here a moment while i set your sliders...

Uh, yeah, that's called coaching...

• Upvote 1

I do not think we should lose the belt.

I think it should only decrease as the attributes of Boxing / MT / Wrestling.

But only the manager can see this fighter. That would be good for a surprise to the game.

BELTS RED could only lose. With the Skill Maintenance and Natural Apititude few would be true Black Belt.

• Upvote 3

Keeping the belts would be very unfair to the other primaries. BJJ already is the hardest primary to scout. Why make it harder just for aesthetic reasons?

In real life BJJ belts are as much a sign of respect as ability. (Losing a belt would be very disrespectful to the student)

In the game they show your fighter's primary....... Let's allow the belt to do its job please.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2