Counter

185 members have voted

1. 1. Is counter overpowered?

• Absolutely and it should be changed
    • Absolutely and I love it
    • Maybe a little, but it depends on the situation
    • I'm winning by going aggressive
    • Not at all

I am only winning fights anymore by going pretty high counter, now everyone seems to be doing it. I have a fighters on 90% counter and the fight text says I am being the most aggressive fighter. In my opinion it is getting out of control, not only because it means less variable sliders, but it tends to closer fights with less finishes.

What does everyone else think?

Mike's already working on it. Everyone knows its broken.

I think it was more on measuring how severe people think it is, and thus prioritizing it for Mike

Absolutely overpowered, I just experienced that in my last fight (and many in the past). In general I would love all my upcoming fights to be postponed till it's fixed because it takes all the joy from the game.

I am only winning fights anymore by going pretty high counter, now everyone seems to be doing it. I have a fighters on 90% counter and the fight text says I am being the most aggressive fighter. In my opinion it is getting out of control, not only because it means less variable sliders, but it tends to closer fights with less finishes.

What does everyone else think?

So you win because your opponents has a shitty gameplan .

Maybe he would have won if he was 80%counter .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Its this simple. Counter is clearly not working as intended. But if we nerf Counter into the ground and buff Agro then frankly we run the risk of solving nothing we simply change the end of the spectrum people are setting sliders for i-win buttons.

A a lot of consideration is going to have to go into finding the correct balance, a quick fix is only going to compound the issue in the long run.

• Upvote 4

IMO countering should be less and less effective when fight goes on. Its like in real life. If you see that someone is just countering you should be able to take advantage on that.

Another solution could be that you shouldnt win fight with dec when you are just countering with high accuracy. That would force counter fighters to set sliders to more damage. IMO countering is ok when you will counter with big bombs and try to KO.

Once change implemented that would also reflect real life is:

The longer time that passes without any fighter throwing anything, the higher the chance the first next strike lands.

This would give a slight boost to the fighter who has 80% counter as oppose to the one that has 100%. The 80% fighter will be the one to throw first more often.

In real life this can be seen in fighters who are mostly counter, but every once in a while goes on an aggressive spree. Anderson Silva is a good example.

When a fighter is mostly counter, one's mind tunes into that pattern of moving. Then aggression is basically "a pattern breaker".

I remember the days when all I did was pretty high (around 65-75%) Aggro with all my fighters and I look back at those days with fond memories because I actually won fights! Now I just fear every time I go into a fight with more then 35% Aggro because I am almost certain if I do the other guy will counter me into the ground for a Decision win.

• Upvote 1