Counter

185 members have voted

1. 1. Is counter overpowered?

• Absolutely and it should be changed
    • Absolutely and I love it
    • Maybe a little, but it depends on the situation
    • I'm winning by going aggressive
    • Not at all

IMO countering is ok when you will counter with big bombs and try to KO.

Is mostly my main tactics for wrestlers. Trying to end in 2 and 3 rounds. I can agree that going very aggressive is a dangerous tactic which is very vulnerable against good counters... But still, it depends from sit to sit. or not???

Wow, counter really is overpowered. I won two matches when I am the least aggressive one and lost the one I am the more aggressive(which I am on 80% counter). I definitely hope this thing can be settled real quick.

I think counter is too powerful in situations such as trying to get the clinch. Its very hard to get it with someone of equal skill countering even if you counter.

I think the striking problem has more to do with accuracy. If you could be more accurate with aggression then there would be a solution to people countering. Ive seen a guy with sensational boxing and punches and wonderful or better physicals go 0 for in striking with 70% accuracy. In the now infamous Nose vs Young fight Dwayne had kicks on par with Nose's str defense and better physicals, yet he couldnt land better than 4 of 21 with like 70% accuracy? Whats the point of going accurate if you don't land accurately?

As far as wrestling, I have seen a marked improvement in takedowns if you counter, but the agressive takedowns still seem like garbage.

Yeh it's basically counter that is the issue, whether you are countering with a strike, a clinch attempt or a takedown. It's pretty much ten times easier to land the strike or the takedown if you are countering. Now of course this is probably true in real life as well, only in real life it isn't so easy to counter.

For the people that are saying they haven't had much of a problem and 'only' go 80% counter that's probably because they are around 50-70% themselves hence you are still the counter fighter which is basically the key to winning it seems. The problem doesn't really lie soley with 100% counter, that's just magnified the problem.

I can't think of a situation now where I'd want to be the aggressor, if I'm reading the PBP and see "Fighter A throws a (Insert move here)" then I'm expecting it to be followed by "....and Fighter B counters with a (Insert move here).

Now perhaps it's not quite as cut and dry as that, you can land first sometimes being the aggressor but counter is far too over powered that's for sure.

I need to stay more active on the forums so I can read shit like this. I am usually an aggressive game planner (situational I know but usually). I've been getting crushed recently in fights I should in easily so this is probably why...

+1 word for word

When I see fights where one guy is aggressive and one is counter and I drop to the final strike tallies I find it hard to tell which was which. Counter is so easy that quite often the counter guy actually ends up throwing more shots than the aggressive one. It is not that easy to counter in life.

nothing happened its always been in the game but only a select few knew about it , we knew about the counter flaw way back in january , so as long as you counter more than your opponent you usually won the fight , now everyone knows about it , hence a lot of boring decision fights with crowd booing etc.

people shouldnt use it , but you have to use it at the momment.

• Upvote 2

nothing happened its always been in the game but only a select few knew about it , we knew about the counter flaw way back in january , so as long as you counter more than your opponent you usually won the fight , now everyone knows about it , hence a lot of boring decision fights with crowd booing etc.

people shouldnt use it , but you have to use it at the momment.

It's not really an issue about countering more than the opponent in general, outside of the extreme counter ranges being the more aggressive fighter can easily be the best strategy. It's those last 10-20% of counter at the max range that make such a huge difference.

In terms of countering with high accuracy I think a possible solution should be that a very high accuracy counter wouldn't actually stop the initial attack from the other fighter. In reality if I am swinging at you and you counter with a tap to the face it isn't going to stop my momentum. The counter needs to have a decent amount of force to put me off my game. Whether the counter stopped the initial blow could be based on both the chin of the initiating fighter and the power behind the initial blow (i.e. the momentum behine the swing).

So High Agression + High Power > High Couter + Low Power (because even though they land the counter it doesn't hurt and you still get you strike off)

High Agression + Low Power < High Counter + Low Power (because you didn't put much behind your initial strike and the counter is enough to put you off)

High Agression + Low Power > High Counter + High Power (because you're throwing a quick strike with not much power that doesn't leave much window to throw a counter)

High Agression + High Power < High Counter + High Power (there is a biig enough window to counter and the counter strike is hard enough to stop you in your tracks)

Obviously attributes etc would impact on this but something like this would seem to make any combination a viable strategy. Of course you could always play it safe and go somewhere in the middle.

I love the idea of countering not necessarily ending an attack based on power, etc as I have been saying this for a while. There should be some way to take a shot and continue with your move as well, instead of it being so step for step game like, BUT i dont like the idea of certain combos being better than others, ie:

High aggression + low power > high counter + high power, etc. Imo you are just turning this awesome game into internet rock paper scissors at that point.

I think counter with less power should remain the way it is, but it should not necessarily negate your opponents move and that can be determined by opponents chin, your level of punching power, etc. This way you can feel free to throw counter with accuracy as long as you want, but be prepared to take shots in return.

like told android17 : "This is because a missed counter is not shown"

seriously this is the basics i knew it when i had 2 months in this game, i understand now why you was upset about the counter/agresion .

Says who?

Then how come if I am 50/50 counter/agg and my opponent is 100% counter.

Why won't I ever counter one of these "invisible missed counters"? I am set to 50% counter, if he is "missing" at some point shouldn't I get to counter also?

HENCE- BULLSHIT

• Upvote 1

lol some player should try to change their sliders instead of crying like 5 years old girls .

and some fighters should occasionally accept fights vs opponents with a creation ID less than theirs.

• Upvote 2

Ok proof of the 100% counter/accuracy needing sorting

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=333062

I knew JBomb would go with that tactic so I changed my approach to counteract it with the same and it was not a good fight lol

Congrats on the win BTW J, just wish it would have shown the scores to see if I managed to sneak a round

Osiris misses with an uppercut.

We've had a slow start to the round here - hopefully the action picks up.

Osiris throws a nice outside leg kick.

That's one minute gone in the round.

Sick start to the second round...

Osiris misses with an uppercut.

We've had a slow start to the round here - hopefully the action picks up.

Osiris throws a nice outside leg kick.

That's one minute gone in the round.

Sick start to the second round...

Well, I kinda figured he'd go for the 100% so I went at 95% to be the aggressor without fukn myself over. It worked...wish I could figure out how to be more aggro on the ground tho...huge aggro slider just doesn't get it done?

On a side note, I fukt myself by offering a gentlemens agreement with barnabas sackett. We agreed at a set "limit" of counter, but that didn't change the fight engine mechanics and the level I was at, I was not only a sitting duck but I had planning issues cuz I wasn't "fighting my fight"...no, it wouldn't have been 100% counter but anytime u limit ur sliders, this can happen. I won't be doing this again. I'm gonna fight my fight from now on regardless of what the engine does.

So, you wanted a gameplan to beat the counter/accuracy issue - here it is. Logan beat my fighter today, and I was set to about 95% counter and 80% accurate. Enjoy this at my expense. :)

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=336825

should of went way less accuracy I think, your strikes landed would of scored a lot more points.