Fedor is the best fighter

jacky67

Mike Tyson isn't even close being number one in boxing history. Not even in heavyweight

Mike Tyson was prolly the most athletic/talented heavyweight in history (haven't followed boxing since early 2000's though). Unfortunately he didn't have the mental ability to take it to the next level.

I'm just saying I think Mike Tyson had the potential to be one of the best boxers in history. Just was a head case.

I agree he had the potential to be great but Cus shuffling off this mortal coil ended that potential and sealed his fate

Yeah, that fucked him up it seemed. After that he was surrounded by idiots who were trying to benefit off him. Now he's a lot wiser, you can just tell. Damn shame such a talented fighter had to fall into such a piece of shit crowd.

Your manager name is Kojiro Sasaki and you're a marine. Frankly, if anyone knows Japan, it's the military guy who named himself after an obscure as fuck swordmaster.

To check out how Japanese MMA as a whole was handled, it's easiest to just look at companies like All Japan Pro Wrestling, anything Antonio Inoki involved himself with, and RINGS. Largely the same kind of shit behind the scenes. Most Japanese shootfighting legends had no small success as pro wrestlers and they largely drew the same fans.

Kojiro doesn't just know about Japan, he's been balls-deep in it. ;) I got nothing but love for my fellow Marine.

Mike Tyson was prolly the most athletic/talented heavyweight in history (haven't followed boxing since early 2000's though). Unfortunately he didn't have the mental ability to take it to the next level.

I'm just saying I think Mike Tyson had the potential to be one of the best boxers in history. Just was a head case.

I agree, he was a monster back in his heyday.

It's a shame Cus D'Amato died so early in Tyson's career.

He was clearly the most athletic and his wild berserking fight style was greatbut he wasn't the more talented, at least for what i call talent.

Nor saying he was not great of course

• 1 year later...

If i had to pick the best ever it would be Jones. But a lot of that is him still being unbeaten. Once he loses it will hurt his perception and people wont realize how dominant he was right now. But at the same time we have to wait until he is exposed in a way and see how he responds. At one time Nog was the best in the world, as was Tito(many thought he would beat the top HWs at the time), Coleman was the best in the world, Kerr, Fedor, and Couture. But eventually their streak comes to an end. So it isnt really fair to Put Jones in before he faces adversity. But i do think he has already done enough to be the best 205 fighter ever already. From top to bottom as champ he has fought tougher comp than anyone before him and has been way more dominant than anyone of them. I hate the guy but you cant deny what he has done. He would kill Silva and hold his own at Hw.

If i had to pick the best ever it would be Jones. But a lot of that is him still being unbeaten. Once he loses it will hurt his perception and people wont realize how dominant he was right now. But at the same time we have to wait until he is exposed in a way and see how he responds. At one time Nog was the best in the world, as was Tito(many thought he would beat the top HWs at the time), Coleman was the best in the world, Kerr, Fedor, and Couture. But eventually their streak comes to an end. So it isnt really fair to Put Jones in before he faces adversity. But i do think he has already done enough to be the best 205 fighter ever already. From top to bottom as champ he has fought tougher comp than anyone before him and has been way more dominant than anyone of them. I hate the guy but you cant deny what he has done. He would kill Silva and hold his own at Hw.

You really put your american fighers more than they deserve. Anderson is the best period. Jon is getting lucky that the LHW division was chaching tittles every fight and UFC build up a lot of start that he now can win and get their credit where on the other hand Anderson is just dominating for 10 years and beating up everyone but he doesnt get stupid american credit because he is not beating up stars like Jones. If Jones would join UFC 6 years early there would not been stars like Rashad, Rampage, Lyoto because they would never been champions.

Also you cant call fighters best now because they where best at some point. Fedor was best for 10 years but if you look up probably he is not anymore but to put in this conversation guys like Coutuer and Kerr is just funny :D

jones' last two fights dont do much for him in terms of GOAT talks. everyones super impressed because its the most recent thing to happen...it's fresh in our minds. in reality though...hes beaten up two blown up middleweights who were unranked at 205 in his last two fights. theyve been impressive wins, but it doesnt make him the best ever. i dont even think he's the greatest LHW of all time yet. i think he will be, and i think he will be in the discussion of GOAT soon, but not yet.

• Upvote 2

You really put your american fighers more than they deserve. Anderson is the best period. Jon is getting lucky that the LHW division was chaching tittles every fight and UFC build up a lot of start that he now can win and get their credit where on the other hand Anderson is just dominating for 10 years and beating up everyone but he doesnt get stupid american credit because he is not beating up stars like Jones. If Jones would join UFC 6 years early there would not been stars like Rashad, Rampage, Lyoto because they would never been champions.

Also you cant call fighters best now because they where best at some point. Fedor was best for 10 years but if you look up probably he is not anymore but to put in this conversation guys like Coutuer and Kerr is just funny :D

Fedor was not the best for 10 years. Thats ignorant. He never fought anyone for 6 of those years and when he did we fought out why he was ducking people. Fedor was just one of the best like many of the other guys. Except he did a better job of hiding while the others were fighters. Do you realize Fedor hasnt fought a name fighter who was under 30 years old since his fight with Nog in 2004? His last 26 fights and only Nog was a top 50 fighter under 30 years old. While Fedor was in his mid 20's. He never fought anyone in their prime. He made his living beating older fighters while he was in his prime. As we have seen with Cain, Santos, Jones, Machida, etc. The best fighters are before 30. He didnt fight anyone like that. He lived on the senior circuit. Then when he fought guys his own age. He struggled and was smashed.

• Downvote 1

Fedor was not the best for 10 years. Thats ignorant. He never fought anyone for 6 of those years and when he did we fought out why he was ducking people. Fedor was just one of the best like many of the other guys. Except he did a better job of hiding while the others were fighters. Do you realize Fedor hasnt fought a name fighter who was under 30 years old since his fight with Nog in 2004? His last 26 fights and only Nog was a top 50 fighter under 30 years old. While Fedor was in his mid 20's. He never fought anyone in their prime. He made his living beating older fighters while he was in his prime. As we have seen with Cain, Santos, Jones, Machida, etc. The best fighters are before 30. He didnt fight anyone like that. He lived on the senior circuit. Then when he fought guys his own age. He struggled and was smashed.

Fedor was a champion for 10 years in PRIDE hw division witch had better fighters then UFC division by far. Also the age think first of all HW ussualy are much older then other weight classes. If you look even now at UFC hw diviosion on TOP 10 only JDS is younger then 30 and he is 29. Also you did your calculations little wrong I am look up Fedors recond and he has fought guys younger than 30 and these guys are Renato Sobral, Ricardo Arona, Heath Herring, Semmy Schilt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

jones' last two fights dont do much for him in terms of GOAT talks. everyones super impressed because its the most recent thing to happen...it's fresh in our minds. in reality though...hes beaten up two blown up middleweights who were unranked at 205 in his last two fights. theyve been impressive wins, but it doesnt make him the best ever. i dont even think he's the greatest LHW of all time yet. i think he will be, and i think he will be in the discussion of GOAT soon, but not yet.

I think he already and i dont even factor those fights in. Even thought Chael and Vitor were unranked at 205 due to lack of recent fights. They both are clearly top 10 level. Vitor used to be 205 champ at one time and Chael can easily beat half of the top 10. But looking past that he has wins over Machida in his Prime. Bader in his prime, Shogun who probably never had a prime, and a prime Rashad Evans. Even though Bader isnt that great. He is easily better than the 3rd best fighter any other champ had ever beat. Maybe even better than some of the champs best opponent ever. If we look at Chuck he had some big wins over old guys past their prime. Honestly i cant think of anyone even close to him. Evans, Machida, Rampage, Bader is by far better wins than anyone else not to mention having not lose and he completey destroyed each one of them. Wany already had losses early in his career to Vitor and Tito and didnt have the 205 wins. Fighting mostly cans. Shogun had a good year in 2005 but nothing else really. Tito was on top of the world at one point but the competition wasnt even close to what it is today.
  • Downvote 1