VFC - New York.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w1.jpg, http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/32/32w35.jpg

Anthony Tinsdell, Paul Orndorf

VFC. Hawkins vs. Davis post fight interview

(After interviewing the two new VFC Champions the interviewers finally get to interviewing Anthony Tinsdell and Paul Orndorf of Brunno Falcone's Stark Slugger Society camp)

Paul Orndorf: Before we get started, I would like to just say to Ricardo Salampessy, wow! What a great fight, man. You have a head made of stone or somehing. I could NOT knock you out, man! That was insane! I would also like to congradulate, J.D. Almanez for his winning the Middleweight World title, and Corey Hawkins for his win in the Lightweight Title tournament. Good wins and congradulations on being the first two title holders in the VFC.

Ricky Warner of MMA Addict.com: Paul, you gotta be feeling pretty good right now, is there any truth to the rumour that you will retire if your can't win all the rest of your fights remaining on your contract?

Paul Orndorf: Yeah, sorta. Brunno made it clear to me that if I don't win all the rest of my fights that he doesn't think that fighting should be my chosen profession. He said that if I don't win all the rest of my fights which there are two left now, seeing as how I just won one of them tonight, that I would be let go from his camp. Doesn't necessarily mean that I will retire, just that I will not be in the Stark Slugger Society camp any more.

Reporter for the New York Times: They say that Salampessy has a chin like granite. You alluded to that yourself, but you clearly seemed like you were working for that KO and you had him hurt in the last round there. At that point were you still looking to finish or just coast out to your win?

Paul Orndorf: Shit, man! I never coast. I was throwing everything but the kitchen sink at that guy! He's just tough as nails. If the fight was for five rounds or maybe if I had stayed at range like I usually have done maybe I could've put enough stank on it to put him away, but my camp decided that the best way to beat this guy was to put pressure on him and not give him room to go for the takedowns. He took me down in the first round and it was all him from that point on in the round. But Brunno told me to push his ass against the cage and work him over in the clinch during the break and to not let him have anywhere to go from there. It worked. I would have loved to finished him, but the man is just tough! Good fighter. He is far from done in the VFC, I would guess.

Ricky Warner: Anthony, you just scored an impressive submission victory in less then one minute tonight. What a way to come back from a loss. Eddy Jones is reported to be a respectable wrestler. That didn't seem to concern you in taking him to the ground. Was that even a factor in your fight plan coming into this fight?

Anthony Tinsdell: Well, his alleged wrestling skills were certainly a factor, and they were obviously a concern, as I knew that standing and trading shots with the guy was out of the question. So I took the gamble that if I pulled him into my gaurd that I could finish him before he was able to stand back up or pound me out or whatever. I just did what I do best. I twisted him into a pretzel and pulled off the win. Now I am sure to be back in title contention and ranked at the top end of the division, where I want... NEED to be!

Reporter for "The Inside Scoop" magazine: Anthony, I hear that Ritchie Ciapelli and you had words during the Rookie Rage IV event. What was that about?

Anthony Tinsdell: No Comment.

Reporter for "The Inside Scoop" magazine: Oh, come on? You gotta have something to say about it?

Anthony Tinsdell: No comment. You got something to ask me about my fights or my career or whatever than ask it, but I am not talking about that other stuff. You want a vitriolic rant than ask Paul. He's good at that stuff.

Paul Orndorf: What the fuck you talking about, Tony!?! I ain't vitry... vitroli... whatever that word you just said is you fancy talking peice of...

Anthony Tinsdell: (Cutting Paul off) Vitriolic. It means bitterly scathing, or caustic remarks. Kinda like you're doing now.

Paul Orndorf: Oh... sorry...

Anthony Tinsdell: Perhaps I should have used the word acerbic.

Paul Orndorf: Hey, I ain't gay!

(Anthony Tinsdell and several other people at the table bow their heads or laugh. Anthony facepalms and sighs.)

Reporter for the New York Times: Speaking of which, Anthony, what are your plans for the future in the VFC? Where do you go from here?

Anthony Tinsdell: Up. I need to fight the top competition in the division and earn a shot at the title. I still have a lot of work to do. the loss to Dodson proved that. But I will be back, better than ever. So I'm feeling pretty good, I am not hurt, I'll fight again real soon. I will get back into the top of the rankings. As far as what's next? I don't know for sure. Maybe Shane Wellman Jr., maybe a rematch with Dodson, or perhaps even a shot at one of the other top ten guys. I honestly don't see me being paired up with anyone else in the division. If I was ranked in the middle or in the lower half of the division, then who knows, but it will do me little good to crush cans. I mean sure it keeps me in the news ad builds a reputation, but who wants to see me taking on guys where it is a forgone conclusion what the outcome wil be. I want to be the best, and to do that you need to fight the best. Period. So who wants it. I'll take on anyone in the top ten. Claudomire Dos Santos, refused to fight me and that is how I ended up fighting Dodson. I probably would have padded my record if that fight had gone down, but now people know that I will fight the best there is whether it is Dodson, Wellman Jr. or Dustin Olivera... whoever. I wanna fight and I wanna do it soon... I want to prove that I deserve a shot at the title.

JD Almanez facebook update

"barely remember last night but woke up with the belt on my lap and thats jogged my memory, Savanis and I had fight of the night imo and it really showed the VFC fans whats up"

So i think everyone agrees the heavyweight tourney should happen. I was wondering that for the final two or three spots that could we have a qualifier. I think Ron Sparks could get the win and make it into this tourney.

just wanted to point out that Almanez has had 3 fights in VFC and has won all of them against top middleweight contenders, the only last guy with a somewhat good skill set is Mike Obrien and he has a losing record, hopefully some more contenders can work their ways up to title shots

that's what I would imagine, as long as it's scheduled for the last week of Jan/first week of Feb I'm fine, I just want JD to get some more training time before his first title defense

that's what I would imagine, as long as it's scheduled for the last week of Jan/first week of Feb I'm fine, I just want JD to get some more training time before his first title defense

A pefectly reasonable request there. Congrats by the way. I congradulated via my post above, but I wanted to say it to you directly also.

yes I saw the post thank you, hopefully Paul can keep his winning ways and work on his grappling, he has good enough standup but would have to work BJJ since JD is a monster on the ground

yes I saw the post thank you, hopefully Paul can keep his winning ways and work on his grappling, he has good enough standup but would have to work BJJ since JD is a monster on the ground

Oh Hell, I'm just looking to try to get to a winning record with Paul. Title shots for him aren't even a consideration until he is back to the positives. If he cannot do that then there is no chance that he will be facing you or any of the other top contenders any time soon. Good luck on your title defenses though. Long may you reign.

Unless we can get hold of Kimmi who has not logged on for a few days now, we will have champions of nothing. The Xmas card isn't full, we have no other cards scheduled, the VFC gym can not sustain its fees which make it attractive with wonderful coaching, and fighters will either hit release clauses or run out of their contracts. As the fighters age they will out grow wonderful coaches so Mike is quite rightly taking action now.

Last Wednesday a certain 155lb contender called Chinner lost by KO. The guy who smashed him, who wasnt even mentioned in dispatches by Tinsdell during his pat himself on the back episode for fighting all the top boys, is out of contract so now doesnt appear in the rankings (above Shane Wellman if he was there). I've turned down 4k 2k 2k from two orgs and he isnt even out to tender. Problem is, do we hold off and KO Tinsdell in the VFC for dissing my boy then get the rematch with Davis, then take KO the champ, or sign a big money deal and walk away from the VFC. The 155lb division is dull, as Shane Wellman quite rightly says, too many lay and pray fighters.

Haha I hear ya.

Cuz there's a lot of potential matchups right now to put on the christmas card but no way to do it. Luckily I got Hendayko and Lack on it before Kimmy went MIA.

Wellman Junior right now wants any of the following Jon Davis, Dodson, Tinsdell, and Vlady Van Kirkland. He think they are all talented fighters and would love to take on any of them. He will also entertain any callouts from any other 155 fighters who want him.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w1.jpg

Anthony Tinsdell

In response to Tohino Cerezo's remarks, the ONLY reason you were not mentioned in that speech of mine is because you were not at that, or this, moment in the VFC. Were you to re-sign with the VFC I would happily take a fight with you as you would likely be in the top ranks as well. I wasn't patting myself on the back or denigrating you. I was merely talking about possibilities from among fighters currently in the VFC. Should your status change, then I will gladly take up the challenge. You are among the best. Which, by my own claims, means that I need to fight you to prove that I deserve the title shot. There are other guys in the top ten that didn't get mentioned either, but they are just as likely candidtates for me to challenge as well. I certainly did not intend it as a slight to you, Tohino.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w1.jpg

Anthony Tinsdell

In response to Tohino Cerezo's remarks, the ONLY reason you were not mentioned in that speech of mine is because you were not at that, or this, moment in the VFC. Were you to re-sign with the VFC I would happily take a fight with you as you would likely be in the top ranks as well. I wasn't patting myself on the back or denigrating you. I was merely talking about possibilities from among fighters currently in the VFC. Should your status change, then I will gladly take up the challenge. You are among the best. Which, by my own claims, means that I need to fight you to prove that I deserve the title shot. There are other guys in the top ten that didn't get mentioned either, but they are just as likely candidtates for me to challenge as well. I certainly did not intend it as a slight to you, Tohino.

Manager: Anthony, I have passed on your comments to Tohino, and he accepts what you had to say. He was bitter about not being considered a contender after losing to Davis, and he felt he was a forgotten man. He bounced back with 2 stunning KO's, and then his contract ran out, and now he is out in the cold, desperate to fight in the VFC but not sure where he will be in a few months. The Black Hand org offered him a deal but he turned it down. For now he just wants an org, but he says you seem a decent guy and has no issue with you.