MMA Tycoon Fantasy Game

MMATycoon

Hi all.

I've been working on this fantasy game for inside the game.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fantasyrules.php

Just beta testing it now if you want to get involved. Pick some fighter and manager IDs and tomorrow I'll bump us forwards a week, so that we can start to test the points scoring. All points will get wiped after a few days of testing once we know it's all working fine.

Longer term there will also be a knockout tournament bracket and a vs league where you match up against one ther manager each week.

We'll probaby have a VIP only one of those and also one where you pay 5 days VIP to enter and the winner gets e.g. 70% of the entry days and I keep the rest :P

I selected my team (only fighters / managers fighting from 19-25)

those are next week, for this week you'd want to select ones with fights on-or-before the 18th. (i think, unless i misunderstood mike)

*edit* unless you aren't playing a team for this week, like if you're locked out from it.

those are next week, for this week you'd want to select ones with fights on-or-before the 18th. (i think, unless i misunderstood mike)

*edit* unless you aren't playing a team for this week, like if you're locked out from it.

From what I understood, make already bumped us 1 week forward, so we need to choose teams like if we were in next week.

Look what appears on select team page:

Week 19-Sep-2011 (Monday) to 25-Sep-2011 (Sunday)

From what I understood, make already bumped us 1 week forward, so we need to choose teams like if we were in next week.

Look what appears on select team page:

Week 19-Sep-2011 (Monday) to 25-Sep-2011 (Sunday)

yeah, it looks like selections for this week are locked, and now it's the selection process for next week.

Really dig the idea, I mean it's Fantasy Football meets MMA Tycoon and that's just awsome... not digging that I can't pick fighters or managers that are friends, allies or myself. Can I ask why we aren't allowed to do that?

--

Mickey

Really dig the idea, I mean it's Fantasy Football meets MMA Tycoon and that's just awsome... not digging that I can't pick fighters or managers that are friends, allies or myself. Can I ask why we aren't allowed to do that?

--

Mickey

i'm guessing it's to avoid people throwing fights, which leads me to believe that at some point this will be a gambling option.

i'm guessing it's to avoid people throwing fights, which leads me to believe that at some point this will be a gambling option.

Yah, but I could just as easily PM someone and offer to pay them to throw a fight as I could get my friends or alliance mates to do it. To further dig into the fairness of it, should betting be involved, then I would say it's CERTAINLY not fair that I can't pick myself as a manager! :)

--

Mickey

Seriously I doubt there would be much manipulation...

Face kicker is in my alliance, and if asked me to try and win by KO with one of my guys because he had him on his fantasy roster that week i'd tell him " I'll just see about winning first"

Who would "throw" a fight just for a few tycoon bucks? furthermore... Would anyone care enough about their rankings in the Fantasy pool to go so far out of their way to get .... what i guess as an extra 50 points,,, by bribing people...

I just don't see it as a real problem

Looks awesome. I picked my team for the next week and tried to be a bit creative. Most likely Im shooting myself to the foot but who cares? =)

About the possible manipulation discussion: It's teh internetz. There will be Joel Nicola of fantasy mmatycoon so I think it's better if it's a bit restricted who you can choose. The same rules apply to everyone anyways...

You can pick people in your alliance or friends... people in my alliance have me and another picked from the group :)

Nope, not working for me. I just tried to add Cee Digits as my KO Artist and get the following msg: "You can't add your own fighters or those managed by friends and family". Please explain how they accomplished this. Thanks,

--

Mickey