Official Nutrition Improvement Thread

MMATycoon

I'd really like to see an increase in number of gym relationships available. I can't see any reason why this would be limited to 2, particularly as there are always gyms requiring relationships.

+1 --> This limitation of 2 Gym partners makes no sense.

And another improvement tha I posted on another topic.

The money spent by Gym to order products for the vending machine should go to Nutrition partner.

The nutrition spent money researching the product, so it is very fair that It receive all or part of the money spent by the Gym when ordering partner products.

• Upvote 1

New Supplements I'd like to see:

Healing: Reduce Injury time. Consider it the cost of access to a good physiotherapist, massage therapist and doctor. Should be more expensive than the avg supplement. Should not affect cuts.

Fight Recovery: I have guys with 15++ Conditioning who are still taking 12 sessions to recover from putting on an exciting fight. Guys like Ben Henderson and Frank Edgar are able to be back in the gym after a weekend off. GSP goes back to training THE NEXT DAY if he's noticed a flaw he needs to work on. I'm not asking for something that ridiculous, but something to boost fight recovery by maybe half at the 160 level would be great. We're losing months of training time recovering from fights over the long haul, and in a time accelerated game like this, it's the equivalent of years.

Would also vote for weight loss/gain being used with other supps BUT maybe a cap should be put on how much weight a fighter can gain/lose based on his body type/height.

A Supp for overall CT would be nice too.

I like these ideas.

I think this topic and Nutrition stores are abandoned by Mike.

Since October 2011 he don't post anything here talking about the suggested ideas. :(

I very much doubt Mike has "abandoned" the idea, he just thinks some other things are perhaps a more immediate priority. He's said several times before that just because he's not posting in a thread, it doesn't mean he's ignoring it. That man does a lot of reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Improvement sugestion:

Currently, company owners have diferent values to research products in diferent qualities. The higher the product quality more expensive is to research it.

After researching, the value to order products to stock is the same regardless of quality. As an example, the company owner spent to order a 0Q (quality zero) product the same as it spent to order a 159/160Q.

It causes us to have 160Q products on the market with absurd prices of $50.

To stop it, I think company owners would have a minimum value limit to order stock of researched products according to the quality of it.

Does not matter the quality of the product, to order them the value is the same. It have do change.

• 3 weeks later...

How about a natural decay like feature? In Football Manager 2013, you have to upgrade your training facilities every couple of years to keep up with "advancing technologies" even if you have the best facilities in the world (which in FM13 is 20/20). 160 could be just the rating for the top nutrition products however in order to keep your product rated as 160 you have to been keeping up with the newest advances in nutritional products.

• 3 months later...

From another thread of mine, this seems like the right place for it:

Supps should not have price controls. Price controls are never a good idea, they're treating the symptom not the disease. Instead, there should be unlimited research available on supps. Why is 160q the best? Science has no artificial cap. Let people keep researching with more and more diminishing returns. It takes more and more money out for the companies that are willing to put the most money in. It lets high end players buy more and more expensive supplements, that are only giving them a slight edge.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'd really like to see an increase in number of gym relationships available. I can't see any reason why this would be limited to 2, particularly as there are always gyms requiring relationships.

Has Mike ever commented on why it's limited to two? Makes no sense to me

• 2 weeks later...

We could definetly use a couple of extra spots for gym partnerships! In the last week i have had daily inquieries for gym partnerships, but have had to turn them all down because i already have 2 partners.

• 4 weeks later...

Pardon me if this already exists and I'm just not aware of it, but perhaps having supplements that can be "stacked" (e.g., muscle bulk + reduced energy loss) to suggest scientific research advancement of nutritional products. Also, based on what Marky O'Sullivan suggests, having the opportunity to either upgrade or build advanced nutritional product facilities / factories where a certain amount of product can be made on a daily / weekly basis, and this specific factory making a specific hybrid or type of supplement that is not common, may put that facility in high demand and open doors to gym partnerships.

There could be different levels of facilities that make a certain supplement associated with particular costs that allows new / newer, small nutrition companies an opportunity to purchase and sell that product at a rate which would aid them in growing their business yet would remain a fair price on the market. Larger nutritional companies and gyms would pay more due to their higher number of product, fighters in the gym, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a other proposals to open new product. Why not make a black marked, etc steriode or other form for doping, so the fighter can grow and get better skills faster, Then Mike can create a anti-doping Tycoon police, there can spot cheating if you screw it up..-HAHA just a bad joke :bangin:

I think it could be cool with a healing, to reduce Injury time/ reduce energy recover time.. - it a bit annoying if the energybar is down to 0

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

New Supplements I'd like to see:

Healing: Reduce Injury time. Consider it the cost of access to a good physiotherapist, massage therapist and doctor. Should be more expensive than the avg supplement. Should not affect cuts.

Fight Recovery: I have guys with 15++ Conditioning who are still taking 12 sessions to recover from putting on an exciting fight. Guys like Ben Henderson and Frank Edgar are able to be back in the gym after a weekend off. GSP goes back to training THE NEXT DAY if he's noticed a flaw he needs to work on. I'm not asking for something that ridiculous, but something to boost fight recovery by maybe half at the 160 level would be great. We're losing months of training time recovering from fights over the long haul, and in a time accelerated game like this, it's the equivalent of years.

Would also vote for weight loss/gain being used with other supps BUT maybe a cap should be put on how much weight a fighter can gain/lose based on his body type/height.

A Supp for overall CT would be nice too.

I agree, there needs to be more supplements. Your suggestions here definitely hit the major needs at the moment. Too much in between time, etc

I was thinking about fighters diets and wanna spitball an idea. We could have specific "meals/diets" sold at nutrition. companies. I think this is an underestimated component of fighting.

Example: You could have a protein rich diet, this would effect strength, flexibility, but could also lead to improved durability. If your fighter is eating a lot of good fats and protein it will makes his joints and bones stronger. On the other hand a vegetarian specific diet lends to speed, stamina, and potentially improve cuts. Vego's have nice skin . I wouldn't want to see the major hiddens effected (Heart, Chin, KO, Confidence) But these "secondary" hidden bonuses could be an interesting addition to the nutrient game. Just a thought

• Upvote 1

I agree, there needs to be more supplements. Your suggestions here definitely hit the major needs at the moment. Too much in between time, etc

I was thinking about fighters diets and wanna spitball an idea. We could have specific "meals/diets" sold at nutrition. companies. I think this is an underestimated component of fighting.

Example: You could have a protein rich diet, this would effect strength, flexibility, but could also lead to improved durability. If your fighter is eating a lot of good fats and protein it will makes his joints and bones stronger. On the other hand a vegetarian specific diet lends to speed, stamina, and potentially improve cuts. Vego's have nice skin . I wouldn't want to see the major hiddens effected (Heart, Chin, KO, Confidence) But these "secondary" hidden bonuses could be an interesting addition to the nutrient game. Just a thought

Different diets is an interesting proposal

• 4 weeks later...

i gotta be honest, i find clothing and nutrition to be nuisances. there's no strategy involved, no interesting decisions to make, so there's no advantage to be had. they're just a suck on your bank account and time. do they add realism? sure. do they add to the breadth of what you can do as a "business"? of course. are they fun or interesting? no.

for this type of game, i'm a big believer that if something isn't working, the right answer is always to add content, add features. but a longer list of supplements isn't it - that's just more of the same.

differing diets could be interesting, but merely having minuses to go with the plusses is supplements under another name.

sorry if this comes across as negative - i don't have any better ideas, either :)

As a Nutrition Company Owner I would Love to see an extra merch partner slot and an extra Gym Partner slot as well. It could be time Based so If your company has existed for X amount of time the extra slots are unlocked.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next to the company ranking I would like to see - Fighters Sponsored. Telling us how many fighters are sponsored by the our companies.

Maybe even list the top five hyped fighters sponsored.

• Upvote 2

I would also like to see a record created for most fighters under sponsorship at one time and have a top 5 of these companies.

• Upvote 1