Change game year for 13 weeks to 8 weeks

Excuse the poor grammar..."from 13 weeks to 8 weeks"

I think this was originally proposed by Mike back when we changed from 16 to 13.

I'm not necessarily looking to change the game from MMA Tycoon to Turbo Tycoon, but I think the change would make the game more appealing as well as satisfy some complaints.

If the game speed were brought up, and training speed brought in line with those changes, newer fighters will be competitive sooner, and there will be a much larger turnover in the rankings as the older fighters will fade away faster.

I think this would still allow fighters to have a lengthy career...as let's just say hypothetically massive deterioration happens by age 36...if you make an 18 year old, he would have a solid game life of 144 weeks, which is pretty close to 3 years. Even current 30 year olds would have another year.

We would also have more fights. Maybe instead of a month between fights we're now down to three weeks in between fights, and who wouldn't be excited to fight more often? I think it would still be a lengthy fight career, assuming we use the same model and a fighter were to fight till he were 36 or so, he would have 48 fights...give or take which sounds pretty realistic to me.

Just a suggestion, and I'm totally willing to hear someone out if they see holes in the idea.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I was thinking this myself actually the other day. If people want age based deterioration then it can't be 4 years real time from creation as that turnover is simply too slow

Still in favour of hidden tickers of a sort but a speed up in ageing would be a viable solution in my opinion

• Upvote 1

its almost impossible to get fights every 3 weeks -- i have been trying and trying to get fights every two to three weeks and orgs just cant do it -- i wouldnt mind speeding up some but taking 5 weeks away is pretty big -- maybe drop to 11 or 12 and after some time review where we are at

This idea scares me. If we do this I feel like we should add more slots than 10 fights to a fight card. When I ran CCL and had 150 fighters with one card a week, it was impossible to get them all fights in a month. This is only going to make that even worse as everyone's going to want to fight sooner now because decline will come quicker.

Maybe we can go from 10 fights on a card to 15?

I know I will swim against the tide here and I am not calling for it to be brought back but I actually prefered the longer game years then the current 13 weeks.

I can see the reason behind shortening the game year but like was said something would need to be done to get more fights happening in Orgs to go along with it or your unless you just do QFC's your whple career gone will be the days of fighters having 30+ fights by the time they come to their end.

This idea scares me. If we do this I feel like we should add more slots than 10 fights to a fight card. When I ran CCL and had 150 fighters with one card a week, it was impossible to get them all fights in a month. This is only going to make that even worse as everyone's going to want to fight sooner now because decline will come quicker.

Maybe we can go from 10 fights on a card to 15?

Why would speeding up the year effect the size of the fight card?

A weekly event equals 4 fights a month each with 20 fighters for a total of 80 spots. If you had 150 fighters, they would have been fighting once every 2 months!!! Any reason you didn't do 2 fights per week?

As a new org owner the only way I would want the fight card increased is if there was no penalties for not filling the card. With 75+ fighters I am currently running weekly events, and it always seems I need to find a fighter on short notice to fill that one last spot due to inactivity etc. If the card was raised to 15, I would have to increase the fighter pool to 120ish to continue doing weekly cards, and with 10 extra spots each week I would guess I would be looking for more than 1 fighter on short notice each week for one reason or another. IMHO filling a 10 fight card is enough work, if I needed to fill 15 I would add a second fight every second week, if I needed to fill 20 I would do 2 fights each week.

J

• Upvote 2

Why would speeding up the year effect the size of the fight card?

A weekly event equals 4 fights a month each with 20 fighters for a total of 80 spots. If you had 150 fighters, they would have been fighting once every 2 months!!! Any reason you didn't do 2 fights per week?

As a new org owner the only way I would want the fight card increased is if there was no penalties for not filling the card. With 75+ fighters I am currently running weekly events, and it always seems I need to find a fighter on short notice to fill that one last spot due to inactivity etc. If the card was raised to 15, I would have to increase the fighter pool to 120ish to continue doing weekly cards, and with 10 extra spots each week I would guess I would be looking for more than 1 fighter on short notice each week for one reason or another. IMHO filling a 10 fight card is enough work, if I needed to fill 15 I would add a second fight every second week, if I needed to fill 20 I would do 2 fights each week.

J

You hit it on the nose. If te number of fights per card goes up and the penalty remanins for not filling a card, new orgs are going to be devestated, its already hard enough to fill cards regularly when you start a new org

That's fine. I wouldn't expect a penalty but I had to sell CCL because I didn't have time for all the maintenance. To add another card on top of that wouldn't have been an option. And I understand for a start up but for organization with 150 to 200 active fighters... speeding things up will be hard. Fighters won't want to wait 30 or 35 days to fight. It's just not a good thing for an established large organization.

i will say that i would like it slowed down if anything , speeding it up ? what happens if your fighter i injured for 14 days or cut ?

the only thing i can see happening is fighters will retire a lot quicker , its hard enough to get fights every month now , also consider not many people like signing for more than 30 days inactivity , i can see a lot of fighters walking out of contracts due to inactivity.

changes are great for the game as long as they are thought through.

i dont like letting my fighters in the cage much before they are 22-23 now , due to the fact i think they are not ready !

a plus point i suppose would be for org owners in the fact they could consider opening K1/Grappling orgs , as fighters are just not going to have enough time to be rounded in all four skills untill thier 28-29.

dont people think there have been enough changes in the game for one year ?

its working well at the momment to leave it for a while

• Upvote 1

i will say that i would like it slowed down if anything , speeding it up ? what happens if your fighter i injured for 14 days or cut ?

the only thing i can see happening is fighters will retire a lot quicker , its hard enough to get fights every month now , also consider not many people like signing for more than 30 days inactivity , i can see a lot of fighters walking out of contracts due to inactivity.

changes are great for the game as long as they are thought through.

i dont like letting my fighters in the cage much before they are 22-23 now , due to the fact i think they are not ready !

a plus point i suppose would be for org owners in the fact they could consider opening K1/Grappling orgs , as fighters are just not going to have enough time to be rounded in all four skills untill thier 28-29.

dont people think there have been enough changes in the game for one year ?

its working well at the momment to leave it for a while

well, with the injuries and inactivity clauses...they'd just get shorter. problem solved. i mean, are u suggesting that people would rather fight less? it's a damn fighting game for hell's sakes.

How can someone sit on a fighter for a real life year? I definitely see why my fighters don't have much in the way of skills.

Also, about the orgs not having enough fight slots to give their fighters fights, why be greedy and ask for more fights? Start sharing all that talent you have contracted.

As somebody else mentioned, as long as cuts and injuries were reduced by the same percentage then I think this would probably be a good idea for the game in general. I've been in the game for probably a little under 18 months and a lot of my Day 1 created fighters are still rapidly improving and probably have another 12-18 months or so to go where they can still improve without even worrying too much about maintenance as long as I pay attention to it.

Now to be honest I'm fine with that and I don't mind the long progression and steady improvement but somewhere around 3 years until a fighter gets to their peak is a pretty long time for most people.

Im cool with cutting it down to 11 wks, definitly NOT feeling a cut of 5wks. Can the early stages of training be reverted back to how fast it trained prechanges if this gets implemented? Or would that counteract the 2wk cut? I also agree with others that cuts/energy etc need to be tweaked as well if it's shortened.

• 1 month later...

Bump - some issues here that I think are pretty legitimate and it's not clear whether they have been taken into account following the move to reduce the in-game year to 12 real life weeks.

Key points noted in this thread are:

• Injury/cuts time - should be reduced slightly due to the faster game speed

• Recovery time after fights/flights - again, a slight reduction required due to the faster game speed

• Training speed - should be slightly increased (inverse of the reductions above) to enable the turnover of top talent to remain as it was going along before