Immortals New York

Steel

We do not want him to participate in said fight because he is no longer wanted in this orgaization. It is unfair to hold a foghter to a contracted fight when win los or draw he will not have a future with the organization through no fault of his own. We understand that this puts immortals in a unique and not nessecerily posative situation, but you did not put our camp in a particularly unnessecary and negative situation. If we had been told that this situation was going to happen before we accepted the fight, we would not have accepted the fight. We do not want to use an unwanted fighter to increase the popularity of the org with his virtual blood and my very real effort.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/9/9w12.jpg

Joe "Diablo" Sauders (165587)

I've just arrived in Immortals 155lbs division and all I've been hearing about is this Lupe "Cobra" Pintor character and how good he is. I'm not going to waste any time to find out where I stand in this division so I've come here to challenge Pintor right off the bat. Let's do this! Every fighter has a gatekeeper they need to defeat in order to gain entrance into the upper echelons and you just happen to be that guy for me. How about it Pintor?

Steel Camp: Pintor is quite rightly enraged at being called a 'gatekeeper' by a boy playing a mans game. He will educate this youngster in respect, although he has said he will feel rather embarassed by taking the fight. He understands the referee will appreciate the danger you are in, and stop the fight at the first signs of this boys imminent suffering.

I have spoken to Mike Tycoon and he knows of this situation, he said that it is possible to cancel the fight if the org owner speaks to him, we hope you do this, or we will be willing to take a no contest.

?? If fighter is being released from the org he still has an obligation to fight that last fight if the org wants him to. He signed up that contract for that amount of fight and he has been paid for that. I dont understand where is the problem here? Same if the fighter wants to skip to another organization after his contract is done, what should org. owner do? Not give him the last fight, ask for money cose that fighter doesnt want to stay in his organization??

• Upvote 1

INY-6 Cunha vs. Stewart Event Review

It’s time for another review, as this time we look at INY-6 Cunha vs. Stewart. This event was really very good and those that didn’t show up for this one really missed out. Welcome to MMAAddict.com. I’m your host, Ricky Warner, let’s do this shall we?

The opener was a Middleweight bout between Sydney Humpstone as he faced Gregory Watson in his professional debut. Now I predicted a decision for Humpstone. I never would have thought that it would be Watson that initiated the takedown. I expected him to close and bang in an attempt to outscore or finish Humpstone. Instead he tackled the taller fighter and immediately began working for submissions. He was relentless and left nothing on the table as he nicely mixed ground strikes in with submission attempts. Humpstone was able to defend well against both the ground and pound and the sub attempts throughout the first round and into the second round as Watson was able to secure the takedown again and do more of the same. At three minutes and forty seconds Watson was able to get that submission locked it. A very impressive win for Gregory Watson.

Gregory Watson via Submission (Guillotine).

Up next was another Middleweight fight between two rookie fighters. I was happily proved wrong again on my prediction in this fight too, as James ’the Tiger’ Lyger opened up much like I expected. With Lyger taking Meldrick Tyson to the ground early he began working the GnP and even threw a submission attempt in there. Lyger advanced to mount and proved he was more then a match for the kick boxer Tyson. He even hurt him in the first round and I thought it was over. Tyson showed that there is no quit in his game and he weathered the storm. He was preventing the takedown early in the next round and scoring some points, but he was simply unable to fend off the takedown for long and Lyger was able to land in Tyson’s guard before the two minute mark of the second round. The third round was the magic number for Tyson though , as he was able to thwart every attempt by Lyger to get this fight back to the ground and dishing out quite a bit of punishment to Lygers legs and scoring heavily with body and head kicks. I can only guess what his corner told him during the last break but he must have taken it to heart. Knowing he needed a finish he turned it up even more during the last minute or so and score a KO with only two seconds left in the fight. I love the come from behind victories and this was a well deserved KO of the night.

Meldrick Tyson via KO (Head Kick) Knockout of the Night.

We dropped down to the Welterweight Division for the next match as “Sweet” George Brown took on Terry Lyndon. This fight was another surprise for me. Not that it was an upset. I expected Brown to pull out the win. It was the way the fight itself went. Lydon did as expected he would trying for a takedown early and I expected that he would make use of his superior wrestling to position for a ground and pound victory or even a lay and pray. I didn’t think he would be able to do so, and I sure didn’t expect him to do so as fast or as easily as he did. But it turns out that going for that takedown was a huge mistake as George Brown immediately began working for submissions of his back. Beautiful transitions from one to the other until he found one that would work and locked it up. The whole fight was a mere forty-four seconds. It was so fast, so technical and so lovely a display of BJJ skill that it earned the Submission of the Night honors.

“Sweet” George Brown via Submission (Armbar) Submission of the Night

Andre Berst and Mark Walburg met in this Welterweight bout. Walburg came out very aggressively and opened up the hostilities with a combination that found nothing but air as Berst countered with a leg kick and a big left. Bam! Down went Walburg and he was clearly hurt as Berst went to the ground with him to try and finish him off. For whatever reason Berst decided to let Walburg up and quickly moved in to finish him off. A wobbly Walburg was clearly still rocked as he struggled to recover. It was not to be as Berst landed another combination and collapsed, The referee had seen enough and Walberg lay there unconscious. He was overwhelmed and outclassed by Berst and this fight was over in an astonishing eleven seconds!

Andre Berst via KO (Punches)

In another surprising turn of events, this one in the Light-Heavyweight Division, Sergio Morales entered into a standing war with Borat Sagdiyev. Both of these guys went to the middle of the cage and began trading shots. Morales seemed more able to avoid damage while dishing out the punishment himself. He was starting to look a little worse for wear after a few solid body shots landed from Sagdiyev, but he was able to weather the attacks and land a devastating combination that ended the fight in spectacular fashion. I would have expected For Morales to go to the ground at the earliest opportunity where it was easy to see he had the advantage. I did not expect to see him stand in the middle of the cage with what would appear to be the superior striker and trade shots. And to see him not only survive that, but to actually come out on top…? Amazing. Cannot wait to see this guy again.

Sergio Morales KO (Punches)

Another Light-Heavyweight bout between D.J. Puggles and Landon Crews was up next. These guys were expected, by me, to go the distance. In what seems to have been a trend on this card, the prediction was thrown out the window as these guys joined in battle. The ability of Puggles to stuff the takedowns was impressive, as he thwarted every single effort of Crews to get this fight to the ground. Surprisingly Puggles made an attempt at a takedown himself before returning to the striking game. He had, up to that point, been unsuccessful in the standup but not any more. He connected with some solid shots that immediately sent Crews to the canvas. Puggles then wisely opted to not follow Crews to the ground. After standing up again it was clear that Crews was still in trouble and it did not take long before he dropped him a second time. Crews showed incredible heart however as he climbed to his feet again and continued to press forward. Third time was definitely the charm though as Puggles than landed the fight finishing combo and that was all she wrote.

D.J. Puggles via KO (Punches)

Still one more Light-Heavyweight bout as Punch MyFace took on Jordan Silver. This fight was little more than a warm up for Silver as the journeyman MyFace took up the call to step in the cage against him. You gotta admire a guy like that, that will step up and take on any challenge and MyFace did just that. Silver is a top contender in the Light-Heavyweight Division, while MyFace has lost three straight. Apparently, no body told MyFace he wasn’t expected to win this one as he came on strong and successfully closed inside clinch range on numerous occasions. But despite seemingly being able to enter or break the clinch at will he did no damage while in the clinch and Silver was able to score takedowns from the clinch position and do damage with some ground and pound and work for submissions. The third round saw a bit of scoring for MyFace as he landed two takedowns, but takedowns alone are just not enough and he did nothing with them, whereas Silver was constantly working to finish the fight. Finally achieving said finish with just over a half a minute remaining in the fight, by way of a very nice Armbar. Probably the best we have seen Jordan Silver… ever. Nice win.

Jordan Silver via Submission (Armbar)

Peter Ratajczyk faced David Unitas in this Light-Heavyweight battle. Ratajczyk was the superior striker and theoretically had the better wrestling then David Unitas. Unitas went the distance with Sergio Morales wich resulted in a draw, but this time he proved why he is so dangerous as he beat Ratajczyk in the stand up, on the ground and ended the match very quickly. By the middle of the round Unitas was proving that he outclassed Ratajczyk on the stand up as well as the ability to take him down and out wrestle him as well. There was nowhere that Unitas was unable to prove his dominance. At the wayway point of the very first round he delivered the promised submission and ended the fight in a dominant display of jujutsu prowess. Ratajczyk simply had nothing for Unitas in this fight.

David Unitas via Submission (Kimura)

This next fight, the co-main event of the evening, which saw us moving up to the Heavyweight Division, had me scratching my head. After having been knocked out in just fifteen seconds in the last fight with Mustang Velaquez, Aleksander Yaroslev agreed to an immediate rematch with Velasquez. Cannot understand why Velasquez wanted this fight again. Maybe he thought he could pad his record with another easy win, I just don’t know. But Yaroslev definitely had something to prove. This massive man had some thirty pounds on his opponent and is without a doubt the far superior wrestler. While in the first fight he was very outclassed he seems to have closed the gap somewhat in this fight. He was vary elusive in this fight and frustrated the efforts of Velasquez to land anything solid. Velasquez was desperately trying to keep the fight standing and made a valiant effort, stuffing five attempts before Yaroslev landed one at just inside the one minute mark. Once the fight was on the ground it was all over. Yaroslev worked his ground and pound very well and controlled the position making sure that it stayed right where he needed it to. Yaroslev landed just over fifty percent of his punches on the ground and that was just to much punishment for Velasquez.

Aleksander Yaroslev via KO (Strikes)

The main event dropped down to the Welterweight Division as two of the top contenders battled for supremacy. Much was riding on this fight as the time for a championship tournament draws near. These two guys were set for a war, and that is what we got from starting bell until the end of the fight these guys let it all hang out. Cunha landed a takedown in the first round and worked the ground and pound and some BJJ but it was Stewart that outworked him getting the round on all the cards. Despite managing to be the one that initiated the takedowns in both the second and third rounds it was Tari Cunha that was able to take those rounds. He was just more active and scored better in those rounds. He even had Donald Stewart hurt at one point late in the third but was simply unable to get through that granite chin to finish him. Both these warriors did a splendid job of entertaining the crowd and displaying their not inconsiderable talents. A very action packed fight and while I am sure both men would have liked to have gotten a finish, it was not for lack of trying that it went the distance. I can hardly wait to see Tari Cunha vs. Donald Stewart II.

“Anaconda” Tari Cunha via Unanimous decision (29:28, 29:28, 29:28) Fight of the Night

For the record, I am an org owner as well, and from an unbiased org owner's standpoint, I can definitely say that certain attitudes being displayed in this thread would severely discourage me from hiring the fighters of any of the managers of whom's attitudes I speak of.

If contracts have been signed, you have an obligation to fulfill said contracts. Of course, terms can be reached with the org owners for a quick release, but threats and coercion are certainly no way to accomplish this. Furthermore, if you sign a fight for your fighter, you most certainly have an obligation to take the fight. Threatening a purposeful NC is a despicable act, and one that will most certainly cause all org owners pause when they're considering hiring the fighter. That's no way to build a future for your stable.

I have a fighter who is below the 150k ID limit in Harques Wolfwood as well, so for those who say that I would be unaffected by this and therefore do not know what I am talking about, well, you would just be plain wrong. But the Immortals staff had the decency to warn everybody beforehand, and frankly I am surprised at the attitude they're getting in response. They could have very easily just kept it to themselves and taken care of it their way when the time came, but instead they told all those who would be affected in advance that this is what would be happening. You might want to take this into consideration before saddling up on your high horses.

Just pay back the signing bonus

No one on the Immortals staff is asking for any of the fighters being cut to pay back the signing bonus. That would be a total dick move. These fighters in question are not being cut through any fault of their own. And none of them (not even Don King Jrs) had requested to be released from the contract earlier then we had decided. So we are not asking them for any money in return. We are only asking that they fight the fight that they already signed up to fight.

We are happy to announce Amando has been released from his fight as well as his contract. Also, we are pleased to announce Silver has been entered into the light heavyweight tourney where we are expecting a quick victory.

• Downvote 1

For the record, I am an org owner as well, and from an unbiased org owner's standpoint, I can definitely say that certain attitudes being displayed in this thread would severely discourage me from hiring the fighters of any of the managers of whom's attitudes I speak of.

If contracts have been signed, you have an obligation to fulfill said contracts. Of course, terms can be reached with the org owners for a quick release, but threats and coercion are certainly no way to accomplish this. Furthermore, if you sign a fight for your fighter, you most certainly have an obligation to take the fight. Threatening a purposeful NC is a despicable act, and one that will most certainly cause all org owners pause when they're considering hiring the fighter. That's no way to build a future for your stable.

I have a fighter who is below the 150k ID limit in Harques Wolfwood as well, so for those who say that I would be unaffected by this and therefore do not know what I am talking about, well, you would just be plain wrong. But the Immortals staff had the decency to warn everybody beforehand, and frankly I am surprised at the attitude they're getting in response. They could have very easily just kept it to themselves and taken care of it their way when the time came, but instead they told all those who would be affected in advance that this is what would be happening. You might want to take this into consideration before saddling up on your high horses.

I was just explaining my concerns, its completley in my rights to and no one can stop me from it man. I was never trying to be a jerk, i was just explaining my personal opinion. I'm allowed to say whatever I want, I didn't say anything disrespectful or threatening wise in any of my comments- I was merely just a concerned voice

• Downvote 1

As if they sign me to a multiple fight deal, they have an obligation to have me fight out the contract, which would not have happened. Contracts do go both ways. All this talk is pointless now as the problem has been resolved.

INY-7 Muang vs. van Kirkland Event Preview

Hello again and welcome to MMAAddict.com.’s Event Preview for INY-7 Muang vs. van Kirkland. I’m your host, Ricky Warner, and I gotta tell you, this card is stacked. Three of the ten fights on it have got title ramifications and look like great match ups. The rest of the card look like quality stuff as well. So let’s get started.

Zeke Glisky (1-3-1) vs. “War” Kirk Hall (0-0)

Up first we have a Welterweight bout that sees journeyman Glisky take on newcomer Hall. Looking at this match it seems that Hall has his work cut out for him. His only clear advantage is his brown belt in jujutsu but he has to first get past the strong wrestling base of Glisky. These two men are evenly matched in the standup but Glisky has the advantage in just about everything else, except the already mentioned brown belt. Glisky has been to war in the ring in almost every one of his fights. He has only been stopped once, by a submission in the first round. His debut resulted in a late third round TKO finish of Johny Hendricks. We know very little about Hall and that doesn’t give us much to go with, but we do know that Glisky can take some punishment even if he does start bleeding as soon as the bell rings. I think ring experience and overall skill set gives the advantage pretty clearly to Glisky.

Prediction: Zeke Glisky Decision.

“The Warrior” Niko Bellic (0-1) vs. Reggie Coldcuts (1-0)

This Middleweight bout sees the heavy handed Bellic trying to secure his first professional win against Reggie Coldcuts. Both of these guys are good strikers with Bellic possessing wonderful boxing skills and Coldcuts being a highly proficient muay tai practitioner. They are somewhat evenly matched elsewhere with a slight edge going to Coldcuts in the BJJ department with his purple belt. Coldcuts debut win in the QFC saw that he has the ability to finish pretty much anywhere ad he knocked hi opponent to the ground almost immediately and had him clearly hurt, but actually finished his opponent on the ground via submission. It remains to be seen, of course, but I would be willing to bet that this fight will take place in the stand up since both men are equally skilled in wrestling, and it does not serve Bellic to go to the ground with a superior BJJ fighter. This one is so close that I just cannot really pick, but I think the proven versatility of Coldcuts will edge this one. I think this could be Fight of the Night.

Prediction: Reggie Coldcuts. Decision or late round KO.

Andy “Bear” Bishop (1-0) vs. “The Kid” Bernhard Taylor (0-0)

Another Middleweight fight. This one between Andy Bishop and Bernhard Taylor. Bishop has already earned a lighting fast submission victory in the QFC with a twenty-two second arm triangle win over Herby Handcock. Taylor is making his debut. Bishop is four years the senior of Taylor and has a significant advantage in all aspects of the ground game. Taylor’s only real advantage is in his boxing skills. It would seem that unless Taylor is able to finish Bishop before he can secure that takedown that it is going to be a disappointment for the newcomer. Bishop will almost certainly secure the takedown and work for a submission. Considering the advantage he has in that side of the game, I would say this fight cannot make it out of the first round. Taylor’s only hope in this is if he can pull of a miracle and stuff all the takedown attempts and finish this standing. Let’s hope he has tremendous knockout power if you’re a Taylor fan.

Prediction: Andy Bishop Submission.

Seth “Fuse” Hughes (0-0) vs. Cooper Thompson (0-0)

These two Lightweight fighters are making their professional debuts in this event. Hughes, a wonderful boxer, out of Atlantic City, New Jersey meets the well rounded Thompson from Sidney, Australia. Hughes has a decided advantage in the boxing department and he has been training at Ironbound MMA in New York, while Thompson has been focused on fitness training. Thompson doesn’t have any standout skills but he should be relatively comfortable anywhere this fight goes. That said he definitely needs to figure out a way to neutralize the strikes from Hughes. Thompson is simply no match for Hughes in pure boxing. Hughes has but to keep this fight standing and watch out for kicks and he can easily win this fight. But that is the trick right there. He needs to be wary of many possibilities, since he is weak in some areas, but I just don’t think that will be a factor in this fight.

Prediction: Seth “Fuse” Hughes Decision or possibly a KO.

Cristoph “Nosferatu” Janetzsky (1-3) vs. “The Avenging Angel” Gabriel Rua (2-1)

We drop down to the Welterweight Division again with this next fight. Janetzsky of Hamburg, Germany takes on Peel Steel’s own, Gabriel Rua from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Janetzsky seems to be facing an uphill battle in this fight, as Rua is the superior striker overall and he is severely lacking in wrestling skills. While both men have Purple belts in BJJ, this presents an interesting situation. Rua seems to prefer to land takedowns and work for submissions, but his only loss comes by way of a submission from Ronald Roughcut, a brown belt in BJJ. Rua does posses considerable skill in landing takesdowns as he showed in his last bout against Kurt Vogel. But it is debatable whether or not he wants to go to the ground against this opponent. I believe that Janetzsky is simply outclassed here and that winning this fight against Rua will depend entirely upon whether Rua takes this fight to the ground or not. Even if it does go to the ground it is difficult to say if he can pull out the win.

Prediction: “The Avenging Angel” Gabriel Rua via Decision or possibly a Submission.

J. P. “Natural Talent” Damphousse (3-1) vs. Lee “Lil’ Bomb” Gerald (2-1)

The next fight is also in the Welterweight Division. It features J. P. Damphousse who brings a brown belt in BJJ to the table. He is competent at both boxing and wrestling which should make him fairly comfortable wherever this fight takes place. Two of his wins are by submission and only one person has ever gone the distance with him. He is two years older then his opponent, Lee Gerald. Gerald’s hands are just as good as Damphousse’s but Gerald boasts significantly better kicks. This is a very good match up in terms of styles as Damhousse will almost certainly want to take this fight to the ground and look to finish Gerald with a submission. Whereas, Gerald seems to prefer to take the fight into the clinch and work from there. It is a good strategy over all and in this case has even more likely hood of success. However it also will give Damphousse a good chance at dragging Gerald to the mat and working for that submission. Since Gerald doesn’t seem to possess tremendous KO power I am going to have to say that the wrestler seems more likely to win this contest.

Prediction: J. P. Damphousse via submission.

Connor Belfort (1-0) vs. Brooklyn Brawler (1-0)

Next up is a Heavyweight battle between the Argentinean, Connor Belfort and Brooklyn Brawler, not surprisingly out of Brooklyn New York City. Belfort is proficient in all aspects of the standup game but is severely deficient in the ground game. Brawler on the other hand is a wonderful boxer and a respectable wrestler. He has holes in his game but not so big as his opponent. It seems that in this contest that Brawler needs but decide which way he wants to win the fight. Brawler has KO power as was demonstrated in his forty-eight second KO in his QFC debut. Belfort has a solid chin, but will it be enough to withstand the powerful strikes of Brawler. I am inclined to say no. Add to the fact that Brawler can just as easily take this fight to the ground and pound out a win…? I think it is just too much for Belfort. In his debut Belfort’s inexperience showed as he seemed unable to decide whether he wanted to clinch or not. He is not without KO power himself, as when he decided to throw he was able to quickly put hi opponent away, but one has to question how solid a win that was. Derringer has been a doormat for his entire short career and he came to the fight looking like he was quite ill, and has subsequently retired from the sport.

Prediction: Brooklyn Brawler KO. Probably in the 1st round.

Anthony Tinsdell (3-2) vs. Shane Wellman Jr. (3-3)

Back down to Lightweights as Anthony Tinsdell, who was beaten in his last outing in a title fight against current title holder Jon Davis, takes on Shane Wellman Jr. who is on a three fight losing streak, but no one can accuse this guy of not facing quality opponents, losing first to the reigning champion Jon Davis, then Jimmy Young, and most recently to top contender for the title, Kasem Muang. He desperately needs a win here to get himself back into title contention, but as per the norm with this guy he has not been paired with an easy match up. Tinsdell has very good takedowns, despite his less then stellar wrestling ability, and a brown belt in jujutsu. Every one of his wins have come by way of submission, most of which were lightening fast. His most recent win coming against one of the top rated competitors of the VFC at the time Eddy Jones, in under a minute. Tinsdell is durable and extremely dangerous on the ground, but there are noticeable holes in his game. Most notably his weak standup and wrestling. Both losses coming by way of superior wrestlers. He has shown an ability to avoid damage in the stand up but has been nullified on the ground when facing wrestlers. Well, bad news Tinsdell. Wellman Jr. is both a better striker and a better wrestler. It is highly likely this bout goes to the ground but even so Wellman jr. has the advantage. Barring a mistake that allows Tinsdell to score with a sub, Wellman Jr. should take this on the scorecards.

Prediction: Shane Wellman Jr. via decision.

Kenrick ‘The Beast’ Nikil (4-2) vs. ‘The Viking’ Harques Wolfwood (7-3) Co-Main Event

Back to the big boys for the co-main event this evening as two gigantic men in the forms of Kenrick ‘the Beast’ Nikil, the football player turned MMA fighter, and ‘The Viking’ Harques Wolfwood from Oslo, Norway. Wolfwood is coming off of a loss against David Paterson in his last fight and is three and two in his last five fights. Wolfwood is a frighteningly effective striker and has knocked out or forced opponents to tap due to strikes in six of his seven wins. His only losses have come by way of submissions by some of the best in the Immortals roster and one from Team Thomas Fight Club. Nikil posses an interesting scenario here. While Kenrick does have a blue belt in BJJ he is not exactly known for submitting opponents. Nikil is on a two fight win streak after having gone two straight losses in the VFC. He has greatly improved his standup game, particularly defensively as was demonstrated in his last fight against Rahziki Hendayko. But Nikil’s strength lies in his wrestling ability, which looks similar to Wolfwood’s own at first glance. The problem is though that Wolfwood has shown great ability in keeping fights standing so that he can finish, but has been miserable every time he gets taken down. Will Nikil’s takedowns be strong enough to take the sprawl and brawler Wolfwood to the ground? Maybe. Once there will he be able to work to an advantageous position to work the ground and pound? Maybe. That is an awful lost of maybe coming off of this. Nikil has been proven vulnerable to strikers in the past. He reacts funny to being on the receiving end of strikes. While he has shown improvement and even looks like he might be substantially better in the muay tai department, I just don’t see him being good enough for Wolfwood. Not yet, Nikil, Not yet.

Prediction: ‘The Viking’ Harques Wolfwood KO

Kasem Muang (2-0) vs. ‘Soviet Head Kick’ Vladimir van Kirkland (4-1) The Main Event

The Main Event this evening is a challenge to determine the number one contender for the Lightweight title. Kasem Muang the enigmatic Thai is set to face Vladimir van Kirkland who is equally enigmatic for different reasons. His last name is Dutch and his nickname harkens back to the Soviet Union which brok up before this guy was born. No matter, he and his opponent could hardly be more closely matched then they are. Muang has a slight edge due to his marginally better boxing, whereas van Kirkland is slightly better at wrestling. I don’t believe either men need to worry about this one going to the ground though as they are both keen to meet in the middle of the cage ad stand and bang until someone falls. Muang is somewhat less experienced as a pro, but he is managed by the very talented and successful, Jon Boogi. Van Kirkland’s manager is also a very successful manager, Mike Melton. Top notch training? Check. Awesome management teams? Check. Incredibly skilled opponents? Check. This is a likely candidate for Fight of the Night as well. Boogi’s camp secured a very close decision last month in the Cunha vs. Stewart battle. These guys match up equally well and that makes it almost a coin toss. Van Kirkland is more experienced and that could give him an edge as could his granite chin. I think that, that combination might be just a bit too much for Muang. Perhaps it is a bit too soon for Muang. There will a war in there and I believe that these guys will make it one Helluva show, but I think this time it will go the way of van Kirkland.

Prediction: Vladimir van Kirkland close decision.

Well, that’s it folks. Good night and see you at the show and the really lucky ones will get to go to the after party!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w1.jpg

Excerpt of a WFAN sports radio interview with Anthony Tinsdell

Host: So, what do you think of your chances against Shane Wellman Jr. ?

Anthony Tinsdell: Well, Wellman Jr. is no easy mark. Possibly even tougher then the champion in some ways. I mean he can strike, he can wrestle and he is no slouch in BJJ. Basically, I gotta hope that if Wellman makes a mistake that I can catch it and capitalize. If it goes to the ground? Well, then who knows? That's probably my best chance but even then it will be dangerous.

Host: What's after Wellman Jr.?

Anthony Tinsdell: After? There is no after. Not until the fight is over. I cannot afford to think about anything but Wellman Jr. My girlfriend is less then pleased about that too, let me tell you. (laughs)

Host: (chuckles) You have to have at lest thought about what happens for you after this fight, though, right?

Anthony Tinsdell: Not really. There are too many great competitors in this division. Maybe Pintor if we both win our next fights. That's a big if for me. I'm not calling Pintor out or saying he is a gatekeeper or nothing like that. I'm just saying he is really a great fighter and it would be a good fight. There is also Tohino Cerezo, if I overlook him again he will be pissed. He is back now with Immortals and he would be amazing to fight. We got a new guy, Dan Benson. He is 4-0 so he seems like a good oponent also. But all of this requires I get past Wellman Jr. And that is no mean feat.

We would like to request our title holder Jon Davis gets a fight against the newest major member of the division, undefeated 24 year old prospect Dan Benson. We would like to have this fight as soon as possible, maybe even replacing the fight Armando was aken out of. We feel as an undefeated fighter with four wins, he is a qualified contender and we will be happy to hand him his first loss, as he has won every fight by decision and could not last against for twenty five minutes against our champion. This is the DKJR fight camp, and we are curious how immortal bookers will react to this unusual proposal.

We would like to request our title holder Jon Davis gets a fight against the newest major member of the division, undefeated 24 year old prospect Dan Benson. We would like to have this fight as soon as possible, maybe even replacing the fight Armando was aken out of. We feel as an undefeated fighter with four wins, he is a qualified contender and we will be happy to hand him his first loss, as he has won every fight by decision and could not last against for twenty five minutes against our champion. This is the DKJR fight camp, and we are curious how immortal bookers will react to this unusual proposal.

An official memo to Mr. Jon Davis from the office of the Immortals staff.

Dan Benson does appear to be a promising prospect. However, the winner of the Kasem Muang vs. Vladimir van Kirkland fight is the number one contender and will be the first title defense for Mr. Davis. It would be grossly unfair to those two fighters to have a man come into the organization and get a title shot without having proven himself against the superiour Immortals fighters.

Mr. Benson is obviously a good fighter and once he fights at least one fight within the Immortals fight promotion, then it is entirely possible that he could get a title shot. Assuming he wins of course. There are simply too many variables at this point to know for sure. Win or lose, Mr. Davis, in your first title defense and you may find yourself facing Mr. Benson. Time will tell. In the mean time I would ready yourself to face either Muang or van Kirkland. Fortunately they are of so similar fighting style that training for one is like training for the other. Good luck to you, sir.

Sincerely, Immortals Staff.

(New Segment I'm starting called "MMA the Immortals NY show", supposed to be a like a pre game football review but in MMA standards lol, still a work in progress, enjoy)

The set is in a New York TV studio with the backdrop changing between images of different Immortal action photos and pictures of its fighters training in gyms such as Adrenline, Stark's, and Legion of Spartans. Also up are many tv moniters displaying fight replays of Immortals and VFC fights and training videos made by fighters in the org. The camera settles on the crew

Bob Jones: Welcome to the new show on mmaTV, "MMA the Immortals" airing at 8:30 p.m twice a week eastern time. I am mmajunkie.com reporter Bob Jones here and I'd like for the rest of the crew to be introduced. Occasionaly we will have special guests such as other fighters, managers, org owners, and etc.

Rahziki Hendayko: Hello everyone, I am Hendayko former fighter of the Black Hand Helsinki, VFC, and Immortals NY. I am currently on leave for training and contemplating retirement. For now though I am a broadcaster on the Immortals Show team and happy to share my knowledge with you.

Franklin Desir My name is Franklin folks, call me Franky though, I aint in the office right now hehe. I am the assistant editor for "mma international" which is a mma magazine that explains the whole worlds fights, not just the top orgs. I also appear frequently on Bob Jones' radio show for mmajunkie.com as a third host.

Jesse Shiner: Yes I am the brother of former Bob Jones' assistant Ronnie "Sunshine" Shiner who got his nose broken by Hendayko and fired. I am not as cocky and arrogant though and like to show my views through reason. I have done stories for my independent blog and interviews for shows down the West Coast mostly.

Jones: Thats the crew ladies and gents but we are here to talk about the immortals fights as you know, and we are starting right about now. Who's gunna start?

Desir: I will Bobby, and first off I can't wait to see who's gunna win da slugfest next week between Vlady Van Kirkland and Kasem Muang. Vlady has got some serious kicks but I think his advantage is the cardio.

Hendayko: I have to agree and think Vlad's conditioning gives him a huge advantage, he has taken 3 fights the distance and has power just as good as Muang's. He is also slightly older and more experienced. I'll take Vlad.

Jones: I got Vlad too in a decision.

Shiner: I'm the wild card and going with Muang, he is a lot shorter and will pack more power in his stockier frame, I also think he can get a quick finish against Vlad which is what he needs. Although I see a lot of this fight in the clinch between these two and it could possibly go to the ground if one guy thinks they have an advantage.

Jones: How will Immortals event rating pan out with the scheduled fights?

Hendayko: I like the Belfort vs. Brawler as a possible FOTN consideration, both guys are unproven and looking for blood and look tough. Also you have to know Tinsdell vs Junior will be great, two vet's with a lot of ground game experience going at it.

Desir: If Tinsdell gets him down though watch out for the fast submissions.

Shiner: Wellman Junior has some quick submissions to though Frankie!

Desir: Agreed, but Tinsdell has the brown belt and his main place is the mat. I'm taking Tinsdell.

Shiner: Junior has improved his striking and could get too Tinsdell's chin though, Junior for me.

Jones: Not to change the topic because of the arguing, but can Nikil pull off a fast one against Harques Wolfwood? Its a tough matchup for Kenrick.

Shiner: I don't know man, its tough, Wolfwood has been prone to being bad off his back though. Kenrick must be aggressive.

Hendayko: I lost to Nikil and know how hard the big guy hits, he is hard to get off of you.

Jones: Although these are all good points, I'm stil for Wolfwood because of the experience and striking.

Desir: I'm loving the growth of Immortals NY though I'm telling ya, the guys at the office are raving about it.

Jones: Yes many fans of MMA are getting interested too, one new fighter happens to be Dan Benson who has shown good cardio and excellent wrestling.

Hendyko: Yawn, boring lay and pray fighter. Tinsdell, Junior, and Davis would work this guy on the ground and tap him quick.

Shiner: He is 4-0 though, you always have to fall back on that.

Jones: Well we shall see how everything works out, be sure to tune in to INY 7 at Wild Bob's bar in three days right here in the Big Apple. This is Bob Jones and the crew telling everyone goodnight and goodfights!

Desir: Goodnight from Franky D!

(Let me know what you guys think, the crew will do shows weekly with possible guests soon)

• Upvote 1

Very cool, Wellman! This is a great segment. My only... I hate to use this word for this, critism is I think you should not be afraid to let it go a bit longer. Let the guys talk more about their views, picks and reasons for doing so. Extremely cool though. It would also not a bad idea to have guests in interviews. In fact that could be a second 'segment'. You know? Like, "After the commercial break, we'll be talking with Shane Wellman Jr. about his upcomming bout" etc...

If you contact myself or many of the other managers they would almost certainly be down for the interviews and such... Obviously you don't need to consult with yourself, but doing the interview via PMs with other managers works out pretty well... I have had some luck with collaborative efforts.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b8.jpg

Commentator: Yaroslev creates some space for himself and unloads with a monster right hand! That one landed with a sickening thud - Velasquez is out cold and this one is all over! Yaroslev climbs onto the cage to celebrate with his corner!! He's shouting something into the camera but he's still got his mouthpiece in so God knows what he's actually saying.

Aleksander Yaroslev: Да!!! Я сказал вам все, что нокаутировать был счастливый выстрел!!! Спасибо всем поклонникам бессмертные!!! Я люблю вас всех!!!

Commentator: Clearly a very happy Aleksander Yaroslev, there. That's a Helluva big guy to be jumping up on the cage like that. Hope it can hold the weight. Brunno Falcone has gone on record as having negotiated a release from Aleksanders' contract with the Immortals New York fight promotion. Let's see if this huge upset win will change his decision. We go now to our ring announcer for an interview with Yaroslev.

Ring Announcer: Aleksander, obviously you are very pleased with your win tonight over Mustang Velasquez. Tell how you are feeling right now.

Yaroslev: I am wery, wery happy vis dis vin. Mustang Velasquez had much bad things to say before first fight and I vas wery angry vis him. I got caught in zee first fight und knocked out wery quick. It motivated me to verk wery hard for zis fight. I vas never to be beaten like dat again. So I punished him in dis fight. He sought I vas varm up fight? Vhat do you sink now, bitch?

Ring Announcer: Clearly you sent him a message. So what is next for you Aleksander?

Yaroslev: Vell, I hav to resink vhat I am to be doing from now on. Vun more sing. Zis vas last time I vill be fighting in ze Immortals. My contract haz been terminated, and I am going to verk on my game. Decide vhat to do zen. Sank you all for zis opportunity. I vill miss dis. I vill miss all zee fans, wery much! Das Vidanya!

Ring Announcer: What was that you said when you jumped up on the cage?

Yaroslev: Oh (chuckles) Zhat vas message for my familiy und friends back home.

Announcer: Well, there you have it folks. Great fight, Aleksander.

Yaroslev: Sank you, Guut night New York!

Breaking News:

Richie Ciapelli , MMA USofA

‘Evening folks, yeah baby I’m back, straight out the Bangkok Hilton, and back in the big apple. MMA USofA re-instated my contract so here I am. The VFC is gone, and everyone is talking about the Immortals, as the hottest and newest org in the world.

MMA USofA have been invited to the Immortals HQ for breaking news from the Steel Camp, so let’s get in there and find out what’s goin down.’

Steel, CEO of Immortals and the Steel Fight camp is sat next to Mustang Velasquez, an Immortals heavyweight and Steel managed fighter. A number of the Immortals legal team, including Bruno Falcone, vice president of publicity is also present.

Steel: ‘Thanks for coming on such short notice Richie, we felt given that you have been released now, you might need a break, and thought you might prove useful down the line, so this is an exclusive.’

Richie: ‘ Thanks Steel, I would..’

Steel raises his hand, ‘ yeh whatever. Last weekend at INY 6, something beyond comprehension occurred that despite soul searching and a lot of bourbon I and the rest of the Steel camp, have not been able to come to terms with’.

Mustang Velasquez head down, unable to face the MMA USA cameras mumbles ‘ I said I’m sorry boss, real sorry’.

Steel: ‘Quiet, the Steel camp cannot and will not accept any of our fighters losing to fighters that resemble a Biggest Loser USA contestant, or for that matter to any fighter from what we consider to be a Can Factory. Therefore, it is without regret that I have terminated Mustangs contract with the Immortals’.

Steel turns to Falcone, manager of the grossly overweight and talent free heavyweight who defeated Mustang Velasquez last weekend, ‘No offence Bruno.’

Steel:’ Mustang’s replacement has been sourced and my legal team are agreeing personal terms. OK Richie, any questions?’

Richie’ Aint Cerezo got a fight against one of the Can Factory?’

Steel: ‘Yeh, and he knows the fuckin shame it will bring if he loses. Cerezo fought like a bitch in his last fight, he knows he must win this fight.’

Richie: ’Bruno, you thought about renaming your camp then? Anyway, all this sounds great, you boys still hooked up with the same babes from the VFC?’

Steel: ‘Bruno is in contract with Ricky Warner, and he hasn’t forgiven you for upsetting Tinsdell when you flashed at his girl at that VFC party you got kicked out of. And for the record, yeh but less trannies.’

Richie:’ Oh, but..’

Steel: ‘ I think that’s a wrap.’

Steel turns to his advisors and mutters ‘ get him out of here’.

Kenrick “The Beast” Nikil and “The Viking” Harques Wolfwood Interview

Nikil dialogue by Bruno Falcone

Harques Wolfwood dialogue by Jolon Williams

Interview Jason Luni dialogue by John Hetfield

Coding by John Hetfield

------------

Jason Luni -I’m Jason Luni and today on Inside MMA we have two special guest. We got two fighters from the Immortals promotion with us today, Kenrick “The Beast” Nikil and “The Viking” Harques Wolfwood who are scheduled to compete against each other at INY 7 – Muang v Van Kirkland. Gentlemen, thank you for joining us today. I can imagine it are a few hectic days for the both of you with your fight only two days away. Now this fight is scheduled to be the co-main event of the evening, this must be a good feeling that you can compete that high on the card?

Kenrick Nikil - Yeah, It's definitely an ego boost. It's been a long hard road.

Harques Wolfwood - Harques be lots bigger than most people! Bein' higher be normal fer Harques!

Jason Luni – Well Harques, you say you are bigger than most people, and that might be true. However in this match up your opponent will have a small advantage in the height, and will have an 7 pound weight advantage on you. Is that a concern for you, or will you just treat Kenrick like any of your previous opponents?

Harques Wolfwood – Harques use ta compete with more higher people all the time! Harques become small to fight 'ere. Reason Harques like emu-emu-ay. Knock high people out! Knock high people out good! Harques do it all tha time.

Kenrick Nikil - [Kenrick raises an eyebrow] The advantage is so minimal in height. It's like less than a half inch. I hardly consider that an advantage at all

Jason Luni – It is minimal indeed, but every little advantage you can have is certainly welcome I am sure. Now when I look at both of your records and recent fights, Harques has had a couple of more matches then you, Kenrick. However you are going in to this fight with a 2 fight win streak, while Harques is coming in with a loss. Surely the morale must be high for you Kenrick? And Harques, do you feel any pressure at all with the fact that you are coming of a loss and will need to beat a pretty tough fighter to get back to the winning side of things?

Harques Wolfwood – Harques no feel pressure. Jolon tell me, very hard. Harques make stupid mistake. Harques no listen. Harques bad. That be pressure. But Harques understand. Harques no make mistake again. Bout with em David and em Armando be fluke. Harques stronger. Harques win again. Harques win em Kenrick.

Kenrick Nikil - Yeah, I am feeling pretty good. There is a lot riding on this fight for both of us. A win puts both of us deeply into title contention.

Kenrick Nikil – Err... either of us rather

Harques Wolfwood – Either of us rather wha'? Harques be confused.

Kenrick Nikil – A win for either of us puts into title contention, Harques.

Harques Wolfwood – Harques' title be The Viking! Em Jolon say so.

Kenrick Nikil – Um... What I mean, Harques, is that whichever one of us wins it will move us closer to the championship fight.

Jason Luni – Okay guys lets not get to carried away there, still got a few more questions for the both of you. However I am glad you mentioned Jolon as Jolon is a very experienced manager, more experienced than Bruno Falcone as some would say, Kenrick. However it seems that Bruno has been doing very well lately, especially with heavyweight fighters. Surely he has been a great help to you Kenrick? Of course feel free to share your opinion on Bruno as well Harques.

Harques Wolfwood – Why Harques do tha'? Harques no know this Bruno. Who Bruno?

Kenrick Nikil – [Kenrick glances over to Harques] Uh, yeah, Brunno was a boxer back in the day and he is one Hell of an inspirational guy. He really knows his stuff. I suspect that since he was also a heavyweight that that might have something to do with his success in that division

Harques Wolfwood – Why you no talk abou' Harques? Em Jolon say this interview be abou' Harques!

Kenrick Nikil – As far as Harques Wolfwood, here? Well he is a huge guy, and his striking is pretty amazing. It will be a challenging fight to be sure. I am pretty confident that if I can get it to the ground though that I should be able to pound out a victory

Harques takes this opportunity to flex.

Jason Luni– I like to think this interview is both about you AND Kenrick, Harques. I am sure the fans like to get to know a bit more indepth look at you two fighters, as the both of you may become a champion in the near future. Now guys, when I looked at your previous fights, you both sure showed us some great stuff. Harques’s boxing is always enjoyable to watch, and your Muay Thai is always picture perfect, Kenrick. Now in the other skill sets, it seems you are almost equal to the other, with the exception of you being a blue belt Kenrick, and Harques being a white belt. It’s no surprise that the ground game isn’t that developed for two primary strikers.. But that slight advantage makes us wonder if you WILL take this fight down to the ground and try and get your first submission win, do you want to let any details go on that Kenrick and if it was part of your camp? And Harques, did you train to keep the fight standing and utilize your superior boxing on your opponent?

Harques Wolfwood – Harques be man. Harques no lie down with other men. Harques stay stand, Harques knock em out good! This interview no be abou' Harques? Who be em Kenrick?

Kenrick Nikil – I am primarily a wrestler. It makes things tough when some has the takedown defense that Wolfwood, does. But I am pretty good at getting the fight to the ground and Harques has struggled mightily on the ground. I think this will be the same. Put him on his back and then knock him senseless... err... well... knock him out. [Kenrick flashes a wry smile]

Harques Wolfwood – Nobody knock Harques out! Who ye be?!?!

Harques pushes his chair down and stands, glaring down fiercely at Kenrick

Kenrick Nikil – [chuckling] I will be the first to knock you out, my friend

Kenrick Nikil – Now, relax. keep that bottled up and let it loose in two days when we get paid to beat each other senseless

Jason Luni – Guys let’s not get to heated here.. save it for the match! Come on.. lets act like professionals, okay? So anyways.. with the both of you seemingly to have two different game plans set up for the fight, it’s going to be very itnerresting to see who can impose his will on the other and succeed with his game plan and walk away with the victory. Now what do you guys think is next for you IF you win this match? Would there be a title match next or do you think you have to put in a bit more work till then?

Harques grunts, reseating himself, still peering resentfully out of the corner of his eye at Kenrick.

Kenrick Nikil – [glancing up at Harques] That is entirely in the hands of the Immortals management. Despite Brunno being part of that management team, I think that it will just have to wait until the dust settles after this fight. See where we are ranked and so on.

Harques Wolfwood – Harques no know. Harques speak to em Jolon, Harques future no be certain. Be the usual fer Harques though. Go in one org, go in next org. No stay. Never stay. Be hard ta find good org fer Harques ta stay.

Jason Luni – Alright thanks guys. That's all I had to ask. However, feel free to get anything off your chest before we go

Harques Wolfwood – Harques just want ta know one thing.

Harques points at Kenrick

Harques Wolfwood – Who be this?

Kenrick Nikil – Thanks for having me on the show, Jason. [kenrick stands and turns to face Harques] I'm Kenrick Nikil, pleased to meet you, Harques. [smiling, Kenrick extends his hand towards, Harques] See you at the weigh-ins tomorrow.

Harques peeks down at the proferred hand.

Harques Wolfwood – Ye be Kenrick? Harques knock ye out now?

Kenrick Nikil – Nope... in two days, buddy. We fight in two days. Now you could shake my hand though. We are friends today and enemies on Sunday.

Harques looks disappointed.

Harques Wolfwood – Oh. Em Jolon say no friends in cage. Jus' be enemies. Be two days then!

Harques grabs the hand and squeezes it as though trying to de-juice a kumquat.

Kenrick Nikil – [Kenrick returns the firm handshake and smiles] In two days then, buddy.

Harques Wolfwood – Harques have last word! Harques knock ye out!

Jason Luni – Well that’s that folks, don’t forget to tune in to see Kenrick “The Beast” Nikil take on “The Viking” Harques Wolfwood at Immortals’s INY 7 – Muang v Van Kirkland Pay-Per-View on the 19th of Feb!

Harques glares at Jason Luni.

Harques Wolfwood – Harques. Have. Last. Word!

[Kenrick turns and walks off the set]

• Upvote 1