Immortals New York

Steel

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w18.jpg

Joey Riggs:

Good to be back after a pub crawl that lasted months, looks like I'll be back on it tonight after my first TKO victory; apparently those bar fights paid off... Anyway I'm looking forward to seein who is next for me! I will be watching Zayeed's fight; can't miss out on a front row seat of witnessing that fool gettin KO'd... I'm off to the bookies now.

• Upvote 2

As Nichi Hong goes to his car Filipino news caster Noli Enriquez catches him for few questions

Noli Enriquez: Mr. Hong! Congratulations. How was it fighting in New York? I know it's hard fighting thousands of miles away from your home.

Nichi Hong: Actually I don't think of those things. I miss my family in the Philippines but I'm here to represent the Filipino people and my fight camp in LA. I want to prove that Filipinos are not just boxers we also excel in MMA too.

Noli Enriquez: We're always proud of athletes like you but how do react that the NY media didn't even bother to interview you after your fight?

Nichi Hong: Well I guess it's part of being a new comer. Coming into the fight with a loss from the QFC no one will really be to eager to watch you fight. I'm sure on my next fight people will notice that I'm a force to be reckoned with in this division and I'm not just some new comer that they will run over.

Noli Enriquez: What do you think about your fight against The East? I heard he talked some trash against you pre fight. Any comments on him?

Nichi Hong: I really don't talk to much against my opponent. I let my performance in the cage do the talking and if I win it just makes the victory sweeter. Just look at the results the guy surrendered via strikes. I've heard about people tapping out via submission but due to strikes? You just gotta find another job if you can't take a beating in this sport.

Noli Enriquez: It looks like the Mandirigmang Pilipino camp has another high profile fighter added to their roster. Do think you can live up to your elder brother Antonio Hong's accomplishments?

Nichi Hong: Wow... I don't wanna think about that. That's a big mountain to climb. I think I have the skills but I think it's too early to say. Kuya Antonio has given us the opportunity to be seen in the MMA scene and we just wanna give back to him and the camp by winning fights. I just take it one fight at a time and give it 1000% of my abilities to win the fight.

Noli Enriquez: Do you have any fighter in mind on your next fight? And your thoughts about the division?

Nichi Hong: I really don't have anyone in mind but anyone is free to call me out. Rest assured I will give them and the fans their money's worth. As for the division I think this division a tough division specially with the beasts on top. I hope I could test my skills against them.

Noli Enriquez: Thanks for your time Nichi. I hope you recover fast and give more pride to our country. Mabuhay ka Nichi Hong!

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/3/3b10.jpg

MAC JACKSON

REPORTER: Mr. Jackson, you have defeated Gallagher before in a pretty one-sided matchup. Are you a little worried about being overconfident tonight?

JACKSON: Not at all, man...not at all....I've had 3 losses in my career, and I remember them all like they were yesterday. Gallagher has solid wrestling skills, and all 3 of my previous losses were to wrestlers. I have spent countless hours working on my jiu jitsu and takedown defense for this fight. I'm not the same fighter I used to be...I am going to fix those holes in my game and become a complete fighter. I plan on keeping this belt for a long time.

• Upvote 1

Not exactly the three round brawling decision win that was predicted for Heisman. Apparently they don't make Granite Chins like they used to. At least you got the win part right.

In my humble opinion, I don't think either Smith or Wellman are there yet. I don't think longevity should be rewarded with a hall of fame induction. There will be other fighters who, down the road, will have as many fights as these two gentlemen. The reason why their fight total looks so good is because the org is newer. That being said I think both have a shot. Smith needs a title win in order to get in from my standpoint. He's currently 8-5 in INY, and has faced some tough opponents, but he needs to get over the hurdle.

I think Wellman has a lot farther to go. He's .500 in INY. That doesn't say HOF to me. I'd like to see him string together some solid wins against solid competition. He lasted longer than Knowshon against Smith, but lost to Knowshon. How about a rematch there? Wellman is still young, and Wellman (manager) has taken the fighter along quite a ways, and has improved his slider set. I think Wellman (fighter) has potential to get there, but he really needs to improve that record.

• Upvote 1

Wow Donald 2.0 Stewart. Wow. Congrats. Bennett is no push over

He is defiantly a great fighter. To be able to put him away was a rush. The fight earned Fight of the Night award.

Gallagher was a round away from being the world champion too. Gallagher will be back and ready to climb that ladder again.

In my humble opinion, I don't think either Smith or Wellman are there yet. I don't think longevity should be rewarded with a hall of fame induction. There will be other fighters who, down the road, will have as many fights as these two gentlemen. The reason why their fight total looks so good is because the org is newer. That being said I think both have a shot. Smith needs a title win in order to get in from my standpoint. He's currently 8-5 in INY, and has faced some tough opponents, but he needs to get over the hurdle.

I think Wellman has a lot farther to go. He's .500 in INY. That doesn't say HOF to me. I'd like to see him string together some solid wins against solid competition. He lasted longer than Knowshon against Smith, but lost to Knowshon. How about a rematch there? Wellman is still young, and Wellman (manager) has taken the fighter along quite a ways, and has improved his slider set. I think Wellman (fighter) has potential to get there, but he really needs to improve that record.

I agree partly with you. Winning is an easy way to put guys in the Hall of Fame, but those two fighters are great in there own right. I feel loyalty and the fact that these guys dont refuse a fight should be considered. Personally, I dont think the record should be the only factor.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w18.jpg

Riggs:

Just want to say I had a blast from my VIP seat at the event the other night, INY 53 I think it was; memory's still a bit hazy, but that's what happens when ya sneak in a bottle of scotch to accompany you to the fights.. still I doubt my hangover was a touch on what abdullah was feeling the next morning.. just sending my congrats to whoever the guy was who gave the dirty bastard a beating.

I agree almost completely with you on this too. I have to point out though that, while I agree that a title win is almost required (although multiple title fights win or no would also be considered a great accomplishment), that in the case of Smith, he has much more than longevity going for him. He has KO'd as many people as Derric Styles has, Has the same number of wins in this org as Syles has and only 3 less overall. He also has that 5 second KO. Knowshon Zavier is a great fighter from a great manager, but I almost turned down that fight. He was ranked too low at the time of the fight. It was a huge risk for me and if I had lost to him, (a very real possibility) then it would have all but ended Corey's dreams of another title shot.

If I were talking about longevity alone then it would never have been mentioned. Epic struggles will earn you a spot in the Hall of Fame as surely as total domination. And Smith has mixed it up with the best and come out on top more times than was expected. No one, not even Mike, thought Smith could beat Cerezo, or Cade, but he put both those guys away. The point is that I agree that a title win should all but clinch it and, ideally, at least one defense, but he is getting to that point of being the next Hall of Famer. Especially if he avenges is lose to Huxley and finally gets that win over van Kirkland. I still think that is possible, lol

man that was bad, i thought i had him when i cut him. i'm to the point where i'm actually more excited about my big fights on here than i am about actual mma events (the ufc oversaturated their market, but that's a whole different discussion).

got some real life stuff to do now, i'll come back and talk some smack as zayed later. it's kind of ironic, one of my worst fighters, my worst in the immortals by far is the one i do about 90% of my smack talk as.

Immortals Press Release:

We are delighted to announce that we have today secured the services of two more of the greatest MMA talents on the planet.

This afternoon Erkki Vieri the former Valhalla 4 Kings World Welterweight Champion has penned a contract to fight in the Immortals Lightweight Division.

This evening 2 time Valhalla 4 Kings World Light Heavyweight Champion, Tyler Richards signed a deal that will see him fight in the Immortals Middleweight division.

• Upvote 1

Immortals Press Release:

We are delighted to announce that we have today secured the services of two more of the greatest MMA talents on the planet.

This afternoon Erkki Vieri the former Valhalla 4 Kings World Welterweight Champion has penned a contract to fight in the Immortals Lightweight Division.

This evening 2 time Valhalla 4 Kings World Light Heavyweight Champion, Tyler Richards signed a deal that will see him fight in the Immortals Middleweight division.

Melton camp likes to welcome these guys and we cant wait to face them in the cage.