Rivalry mechanic

lordweird

I'm not entirely sure how this would work and I had typed up a TL;DR essay on my opinions on how it should work. But i'm just going to throw the idea out there and my fellow players will hopefully discuss it.

It's basically another way to immortalize some of the well-known rivalries of the game. The org owner could offer a special "rivalry" fight for two guys who talk a lot of trash or who had a great fight in the past and the loser wants more than just vengeance.

The only thing I could come up with is in a rivalry fight, the loser would lose more pop/morale than a normal loss, and therefore the offer will be a risk to accept. I don't know if you would want to reward the winner very much/anything at all to prevent abuse. If anything, the org could get a tiny bonus to event rating and attendance.

The "Rivals" list could be seen from the profile, and be shown as a bar that grows depending on the fight ratings of their fights. From there, you could see a shortlist of their previous encounters and rating :)

Thoughts from more experienced managers?

• Upvote 7

I'm not entirely sure how this would work and I had typed up a TL;DR essay on my opinions on how it should work. But i'm just going to throw the idea out there and my fellow players will hopefully discuss it.

It's basically another way to immortalize some of the well-known rivalries of the game. The org owner could offer a special "rivalry" fight for two guys who talk a lot of trash or who had a great fight in the past and the loser wants more than just vengeance.

The only thing I could come up with is in a rivalry fight, the loser would lose more pop/morale than a normal loss, and therefore the offer will be a risk to accept. I don't know if you would want to reward the winner very much/anything at all to prevent abuse. If anything, the org could get a tiny bonus to event rating and attendance.

The "Rivals" list could be seen from the profile, and be shown as a bar that grows depending on the fight ratings of their fights. From there, you could see a shortlist of their previous encounters and rating :)

Thoughts from more experienced managers?

Rivalry's would be fucking awesome man. They really would. Didn't put much thought into your post yet but I seen rivalry mechanic and I think it's a great idea.

I was thinking it would be pretty cool if a fighter could send out a challenge to another fighter, and that fighter could accept or decline that challenge. If it is accepted the organization owner would get a message saying these two fighters request the match to be made. Not sure how it could work if the fighters are in separate organizations.

I have a number of fighters that have rivalries some are due to the fact champions fighting the top guy over and over. Also we use smack talk thread to call each other out and organization owner makes matches.

I like the idea.