The League of Leagues - Updates, Smacktalk, Awesomeness!

Fun first round!

Standings have been updated on the google docs! Check in tomorrow for more updates!

Also, Stu makes a valid point. Anyone have any ideas? Only way I can allow replacing fighters in this case if their next opponent is fine with it and alternatively, the fighter is going into their next fight without any injuries/cuts.

Fun first round!

Standings have been updated on the google docs! Check in tomorrow for more updates!

Also, Stu makes a valid point. Anyone have any ideas? Only way I can allow replacing fighters in this case if their next opponent is fine with it and alternatively, the fighter is going into their next fight without any injuries/cuts.

I just think with it being this many fights over such a short time you do't use alternatives.. Yep some fighters are going to suck bad but I also think that you will find that there is more than 1 in every division that is going to end up as pretty shitty.. The other thing to think about here is a so-called go fighter might win his first 2 easily then cop a bad style match up and get destroyed in his next 5 fights.

I would assume by 3 or 4 fights in everyone will be fighting injured.

I'm seeing this tourney through to the end, no matter how bad my fighter's hiddens are. Everyone else should do the same. That's just my take. I think it'll be more fun if everyone just says the hell with it and fights through it.

The biggest problem is if your fighter has a bad injury hidden they literally CANNOT win unless the opponent also has like a 9 day injury. I tested it and my fighter gassed after attempting one strike and was immediately finished.

That said, I did know the rules going in, so if we can't replace, I accept that.

The biggest problem is if your fighter has a bad injury hidden they literally CANNOT win unless the opponent also has like a 9 day injury. I tested it and my fighter gassed after attempting one strike and was immediately finished.

That said, I did know the rules going in, so if we can't replace, I accept that.

There are plenty of fighters already with 16 days injuries in the tourny that number will just increase. By round 3 I highly doubt there will be any fighters going into a fight without injuries or cuts

wait, wait, wait...why all the talk about injuries and hiddens NOW? is someone wanting to punk out?

that shit shoulda been discussed before anyone with a problem with it joined. right? i mean, were the rules NOT clear enuff? were there any illusions? does anyone in this thing actually think that they will make it thru injury free? does anyone think they're fucked over by a fighter a (with 16day injury) vs. fighter b (with a 9day injury)? injured is injured...i don't think the levels have much to do with performance while injured, even tho i have never fought a fight with an injured fighter lol.

seriously tho, if ur scared, go to church. no one is getting thru this thing without fighting injured. i honestly don't see how anyone coulda looked the format over and thought they'd be able to, but people are rather amazing soooo...

wait, wait, wait...why all the talk about injuries and hiddens NOW? is someone wanting to punk out?

that shit shoulda been discussed before anyone with a problem with it joined. right? i mean, were the rules NOT clear enuff? were there any illusions? does anyone in this thing actually think that they will make it thru injury free? does anyone think they're fucked over by a fighter a (with 16day injury) vs. fighter b (with a 9day injury)? injured is injured...i don't think the levels have much to do with performance while injured, even tho i have never fought a fight with an injured fighter lol.

seriously tho, if ur scared, go to church. no one is getting thru this thing without fighting injured. i honestly don't see how anyone coulda looked the format over and thought they'd be able to, but people are rather amazing soooo...

Word, people are just starting to wuss out now that the tourney has begun. Either that or they don't know how to read and are all shocked about maybe having to fight injured.

Well, Originally when i entered the tourney, i would have made 2-3 fighters and select the one with the best hiddens.

But the tourney was full, so i didn't make it in.

I was offered a replacement spot, that i regretted accepting as soon as i had done so.

Because of that i didn't get any chance of testing the fighter or make any selection, as I had already lost over 2 weeks of training time.

So i am going into this blind and potentially handycapped, while my opponent selected between 3 fighters.

Now i might get lucky, but i might also get very unlucky,, but the bottom line is, I wont stay in this tourney if i got very unlucky with the fighter.

There is simply no point in doing it.

So, as i am not entering this on a level playing with you, and you guys are not interested in allowing alternatives, then i can just drop the fighter today.

I have been in 3 league tourneys before, and none of them has finished due to the reason, people leave when they draw a crap arse fighter.

So far i haven't left any tourney i have been in, but this might become the first one, who knows.

• Downvote 2

A fighter that come in the third fight, will start with 0 injuries, just saying.

• Downvote 1

I honestly don't really care either way, I won't be cutting my guy, he's practically already won the thing but if this event goes on for 25+ weeks or whatever it is then I could see some people cutting their guy whether they are 'allowed' to or not so maybe we should allow some way for people to replace their fighters, maybe say they aren't allowed to train at all?

Its just sad to see that people are thinking about releasing there fighters already... You guys knew what you signed up for and if you actually are that big of pussies that you cant even show Shiv and the other people who has worked hard to set this up enough respect to continue on with what you signed up for then fuck you!

• Upvote 1

I'm not really going to get into this debate. Somehow, I still have this wild theory that managers in Tycoon will stick to their word and continue through the tournament. Really, it's only 7 weeks that you have to stick it out through if you have a terrible fighter (assuming that since he's terrible, he won't qualify for round 2). Everyone knew what they were signing up for and it's all for fun and games anyway, so it'd be awesome if people actually thought about it like that!

Also, our first event has reported a happy loss of $2000! That taken in mind, if anyone has some fighters free who can ME on next week's cards, please message me. Anything in the top 5000 p4p would be great guys!

I'm not really going to get into this debate. Somehow, I still have this wild theory that managers in Tycoon will stick to their word and continue through the tournament. Really, it's only 7 weeks that you have to stick it out through if you have a terrible fighter (assuming that since he's terrible, he won't qualify for round 2). Everyone knew what they were signing up for and it's all for fun and games anyway, so it'd be awesome if people actually thought about it like that!

Also, our first event has reported a happy loss of $2000! That taken in mind, if anyone has some fighters free who can ME on next week's cards, please message me. Anything in the top 5000 p4p would be great guys!

Jonas Galdikas is my sparbot but if the event really needs it he can fight.

Father Frottage also fights his last fight of his contract on 4/9 and I planned to keep him off the market to train a bit, but can also ME in future if need be.