Submission guys don´t do well in this game

kumipamppu

The only other thought I've had about this, is maybe another striking secondary that is pretty important to stand up guys that ground fighters could ignore (kind of like submissions for stand and bang guys) would benefit the game and give strikers another secondary to worry about, allowing grapplers and strikers to maintain a more even amount of secondaries. Yes I know it would be an ENORMOUS pain in the ass to start a new secondary but i feel something like this would bridge the gap a bit more.

1334192525[/url]' post='358393']

No biggy, it was just a bit of a surprise to have a couple of very strongly opposing posts immediately. I'm over it.

Great change sub wise for bjj, but takedowns seemed to be fine, mainly a lack of proper slider settings hinder most ground fighters as I feel like takedowns have been pretty random and are affected by a large variety of stats

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think this update is good if you want the game as realistic it can get.

If you train how to defend a submission, you will train where you should get the pressure off, in which direction you should roll to avoid the armbar or leg lock etc. and therefore when you train how to avoid submissions, in the same time you will learn how to apply the submission correctly. Works vice versa.

Im not saying that if you can defend every motherfuckin leg lock anyone can throw at you, you will be automatically awesome doing them yourself, but at least some amount offensive submission grappling and defensive submission grappling goes hand in hand.

• Upvote 1

If you train how to defend a submission, you will train where you should get the pressure off, in which direction you should roll to avoid the armbar or leg lock etc. and therefore when you train how to avoid submissions, in the same time you will learn how to apply the submission correctly. Works vice versa.

Im not saying that if you can defend every motherfuckin leg lock anyone can throw at you, you will be automatically awesome doing them yourself, but at least some amount offensive submission grappling and defensive submission grappling goes hand in hand.

That's a really good point.

If you train how to defend a submission, you will train where you should get the pressure off, in which direction you should roll to avoid the armbar or leg lock etc. and therefore when you train how to avoid submissions, in the same time you will learn how to apple the submission correctly. Works vice versa.

Exactly. I don't get why they think grapplers should have to have punches and kicks high to defend against them but strikers can not give a shit about subs, gnp and takedown offense.

And as far as the fighters being less varied now, I didn't realize there was much variation in the first place so please explain how it will hurt?

• Upvote 2

I think kicks being a must standing is a big reason grapplers have a problem in the first place and would much rather have seen that removed than another such mechanic added/enhanced.

Great change sub wise for bjj, but takedowns seemed to be fine, mainly a lack of proper slider settings hinder most ground fighters as I feel like takedowns have been pretty random and are affected by a large variety of stats

This

I think that pretty much sums it up. I'm sold. I also think it's a good thing.

The whole "striker dominate the game " is BS players create more strikers that's it, since you can spam td at will i didn't feel grapplers was at disadvantage.

How would you know? You only make strikers. Why's that? Because they "are" dominating the game, and there's been a major programming issue with how effective grapplers are. You may have some guys with some submission skills, but you don't have guys who take people down and put them away.

How would you know? You only make strikers. Why's that? Because they "are" dominating the game, and there's been a major programming issue with how effective grapplers are. You may have some guys with some submission skills, but you don't have guys who take people down and put them away.

I have severals. :owned:

PS/ i made most of my fighters two years ago dumie.

No biggy, it was just a bit of a surprise to have a couple of very strongly opposing posts immediately. I'm over it.

If the changes are slight and create a more even fight game, then it's a great improvement. If we go through 4-6 weeks of BJJTycoon where subs dominate the game, then the change sucks.

How is that for riding the fence? :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If the changes are slight and create a more even fight game, then it's a great improvement. If we go through 4-6 weeks of BJJTycoon where subs dominate the game, then the change sucks.

How is that for riding the fence? :D

It's true though. We won't know for a bit if the changes are good or not. Gotta let a bunch of fights happen and see. I suspect it won't be too drastic if it's anything like when he changed the standup.

I personally felt like the ground game was already good, but I don't fight a lot of high-level matches so I can't really comment on that, I guess.

As i presume changes will be slight, as they always are, but if we go through 4-6 weeks of BJJ tycoon (ex. black belt subing purple, even brown belts on more regular basis) i won't mind either as we went through 1-2 years of standup tycoon :P acknowledge, adapt, progress...

I just want that ground guys have real threat as standup guys have. More opportunity = more fun.