The wonders of Project Farming

Lockdown

For those of who didn't see. Its not Moses but Master Makarov who is doing it again. He got pulled up for it the first time and now is at it again. Moses as far as i have seen has stuck to the rules since his hype got nerf'd.

This guy belongs to Moyses, but was originally created by Master Makarov. Who, for some "strange" reason, fired him after winning his first fight by KO and showing Granite Chin. There's a connection between Moyses and Makarov and it's not pretty.

But, I mean, it's not as if it's "proof" or anything...

• Upvote 1

This is not a court of law. Nobody is innocent until proven guilty. I say that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be either a duck or a filthy cheater who deserves a ban. Since a duck's webbed feet prevent him from typing, that only leaves one option.

• Upvote 2

He got his hype nerfed but was allowed to keep his ill-gotten beasts. That's an insult to every honest MMATycoon manager out there and I'm pretty pissed Mike's taking it so lightly.

This ^^

If he got any punishment at all then clearly he did something wrong. That is such a minor slap on the wrists and is going to encourage more cheating because people will talk about how virtually nothing will be done to you if you cheat.

• Downvote 1

I deleted his hype because I just took everyone's word for it but did not have time to look into it. If I did have time to look into it (let's say 2 or 3 hours) and it turned out there was a decent amount of proof, I would have deleted him. Unfortunately it's either or with this sort of thing. Either I do work on the game, or I spend all day looking at this stuff. I don't have time to do both so it's up to everyone what's more important. At this time, I believe we had things like hacking going on, so it wasn't even an option - I had to spend time on the site, not on this.

If there's a solution that can be programmed in that stops this sort of thing happening, perhaps by making the picking up of FAs more random, or with some sort of checks in place, then that is what makes more sense to me. I can spend 10 hours doing that maybe but I can't keep spending 2/3 hours here and there investigating one user, at the expense of developing the game.

• Upvote 3

I would be a huge supporter of randomly assigning free agents. It doesn't affect me at all because I never have and never will sign a free agent, but I've always thought it would be cool to have a free agency hidden. Some guys would prefer to sign with a highly ranked, experienced manager, while others would prefer to be the top client of a lower ranked manager. This is probably too time consuming to set up, so random sounds good.

I would be a huge supporter of randomly assigning free agents. It doesn't affect me at all because I never have and never will sign a free agent, but I've always thought it would be cool to have a free agency hidden. Some guys would prefer to sign with a highly ranked, experienced manager, while others would prefer to be the top client of a lower ranked manager. This is probably too time consuming to set up, so random sounds good.

I don't like the idea of random new accounts getting fighters when most new accounts seem to go inactive after the first week. Maybe like a lottery system where the higher you're ranked, the more "tickets" you receive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't like the idea of random new accounts getting fighters when most new accounts seem to go inactive after the first week. Maybe like a lottery system where the higher you're ranked, the more "tickets" you receive.

I fully agree with that. The system should be skewed towards top managers. Inactivity is one reason. Realism is another. IRL, most fighters would choose to sign on with the best manager. Although, the odd guy would prefer the personal attention of being a big fish in a small pond with an unproven manager.

I deleted his hype because I just took everyone's word for it but did not have time to look into it. If I did have time to look into it (let's say 2 or 3 hours) and it turned out there was a decent amount of proof, I would have deleted him. Unfortunately it's either or with this sort of thing. Either I do work on the game, or I spend all day looking at this stuff. I don't have time to do both so it's up to everyone what's more important. At this time, I believe we had things like hacking going on, so it wasn't even an option - I had to spend time on the site, not on this.

If there's a solution that can be programmed in that stops this sort of thing happening, perhaps by making the picking up of FAs more random, or with some sort of checks in place, then that is what makes more sense to me. I can spend 10 hours doing that maybe but I can't keep spending 2/3 hours here and there investigating one user, at the expense of developing the game.

I have no doubt that you are extremely busy. I don't think anyone does. Ultimately these sort of thing will hurt the game and I'm sure you are well aware of that.

If someone was able to do the leg work for you. Do an investigation and lay out all the findings in a short report. Then you only have to look over the evidence that was presented. It would take a lot less of your time. I'm willing to bet there are some old hands here that have proven to be impartial enough to do that. Some that might even be willing to do it for free or possibly for VIP days.

• Downvote 1

If by decent amount of proof, you mean IP traces, then I'm pretty sure there's not going to be any. However, if that's the definition of decent proof, then we might as well allow everybody to have multiple accounts once and for all. Nobody, and I mean nobody releases winning fighters with great hiddens voluntarily (which then happens to wind up with the same manager). It's literally 5 minutes of work to determine that this guy is a cheater. You wiped his hype, so you've got to feel that he did wrong one way or another. At the very least he should have his fighters deleted.

We all wish for you to work on the game, but if rampant, obvious cheating like this is allowed, then I'm not sure I'll be around to enjoy it.

• Upvote 3

If by decent amount of proof, you mean IP traces, then I'm pretty sure there's not going to be any. However, if that's the definition of decent proof, then we might as well allow everybody to have multiple accounts once and for all. Nobody, and I mean nobody releases winning fighters with great hiddens voluntarily (which then happens to wind up with the same manager). It's literally 5 minutes of work to determine that this guy is a cheater. You wiped his hype, so you've got to feel that he did wrong one way or another. At the very least he should have his fighters deleted.

We all wish for you to work on the game, but if rampant, obvious cheating like this is allowed, then I'm not sure I'll be around to enjoy it.

Very well said. +1

Actually if i remember correctly Moses had to release the new guys that he done that sort of testing with. Makarov was in the top 10 at the time. I remember JLP talking about it to me asking if i was going for any at the time. I mean i have a few projects like Vlad Kersikov and Marko Kersikov i picked up from a young age because of the stats and hiddens. I don't think they are anything linking the two of them. Considering one is from Brazil and the other is from the Phillipines. All the accounts linked with Makarov were from the Phillipines and all the ones linked to Moses were from Brazil/Japan. They both do the same thing but i doubt they are both linked to the same person. I do agree with you that he deserved to be punished and he was. Now people no doubt check on everything he does and he has kept his nose clean since then. Yeah he still has all the fighters and yeah it sucks that he got to keep them but in the end he is a paying customer in a game that seems to be losing them quicker than gaining them. He got his warning and he kept his nose clean if he fucks up again then yeah he would deserve to be deleted.

Makarov on the other hand got his warning and waited till the storm died down before starting it back up again. He can have no defence against his actions this time since it was one of the accounts that he was linked to last time and said it was a friend in a internet cafe. He got told not to do it again and he did.

• Upvote 2

Yeah he still has all the fighters and yeah it sucks that he got to keep them but in the end he is a paying customer in a game that seems to be losing them quicker than gaining them.

I am a paying customer too. Furthermore, I don't think it's in the game's best interest that other players, be they new or experienced, have to contend with cheaters on an unlevel playing field. That's not the way to get more people to pay for VIP.

Edit: Just to be clear, I strongly feel that Makarov should get the boot too.

• Upvote 4

you need help mike. i think you need to name some in-game administrators that can monitor the cheater stuff, like accepting new users, banning abusers and other stuff in that direction. i mean ppl who have that time and in whom you genuinely trust. imo, that's more important than coding any solution that cheaters will eventually learn how to get around.

• Upvote 2

I am a paying customer too. Furthermore, I don't think it's in the game's best interest that other players, be they new or experienced, have to contend with cheaters on an unlevel playing field. That's not the way to get more people to pay for VIP.

Edit: Just to be clear, I strongly feel that Makarov should get the boot too.

+1

http://www.mmatycoon...php?FTID=514470

Smite me oh mighty smiter! And so the stone fist was cast upon the project farmer.

When Mike noticed he had a matchup with me, he thought that was punishment enough. The beating was nothin short of justice. I'm an arch angel of tycoon, doin God's work.

This was Moyses Mattos' true punishment. I do God's work. 15 fight winning streak ended with a single punch...

Takahashi cracks Laurent with a left hook right on the temple and Laurent goes down! He's out! Referee! Stop the fight! Takahashi lands a few more punches before the dopey ref steps in - hopefully Laurent is OK!

...and then a few more when his fighter was down and out for good measure.

As for Master Makarov (his name was something else when he got caught up the first time, I think BigBoss) just throw him to the mighty lion which is I, and I shall cast the holy fist in his direction. Once God's work is done, tycoon's integrity will be reunited.

• Downvote 6

karter quotes and replies to himself, talking about how awesome he is

thumbs down homie

Not once did I mention or talk about how awesome I am - I reminded the people of tycoon that it's holy vigilante of justice and KO King has already done Mike Tycoon's work by smiting one of the blasphemers - but I guess it's obvious, I'm pretty fuckin awesome. If you were a tenth as awesome as I, your fighters would be much more relevant.

He who sits in the shadow of greatness and cast stones, accepts his inferiority. Envy not, let ambition guide you and so shall you strive for a better tomorrow. Don't revel in your jealousy, heed my wisdom and don't covet this great one's accomplishments - for even a pawn on the chess board such as yourself, could become a King if he keeps advancing towards enlightenment - that is the light at the end of the tunnel. Follow my path, live the Convicted way, listen to thy words... and maybe you and your fighters won't suck so much.

:angel:

• Downvote 5

I punched a Makarov project straight in the cbomb already. Don't make me do it again.

We will do what must be done, for that is our purpose. We're Mike Tycoon's archangels of war, justice, booze, bitches, and all that is right. That is why we're better than everybody else. We were designed with purpose. The others are here for background noise and complaining.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1