Ticker Replacements

MMATycoon

Instant opinion & come back in two days...  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What are your instant thoughts on the proposed system

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)
  2. 2. And come back in 2 days and answer that same question again....

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I still don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)

some parts of this i like but tbh what people are saying about fast learners is true. u may be able to compete at the high level faster but tbh thats not good enough. u should be able to compete at the high level sooner in addition to being able to reach a little bit over the normal overall % most people are at. maybe it would take a slight bit longer but if that could be made possible it would make more sense. if u have that fast learning intelligence then that should be something that makes u better than other fighters who have a granite chin or high ko power or a huge heart or insanely confident etc. otherwise fast learning is kinda useless.

I don't think it will turn the game back into a sprawl and brawl game.. The game as it is has always been slanted towards stand up only recently with Tonal's success did we start to see people change styles slightly..

Setting your appitudes you may very well have extremely high boxing and wrestling - but that means you have very low MT and BJJ - That's fighter diversity right there..

You also have to remember that physicals play a massive part on the sim but every top end fighter is Elite across andf close enough - by having appitudes directly correlate with skill caps you won't be able to have extremely high boxing and wrestling as well as physicals.. And again that create a hole and an opportunity for diversity.

I agree with your idea and do like it better, but if aptitude directly correlates to skill level we'll need some sort counter balance. As of now, the only way to be successful in the clinch is to use a balanced stand up game to get into the clinch. If you have to have a high aptitude on both boxing and MT, you're going to get outwrestled and subbed a lot. Now if you have high wrestling and takedown defense, you won't have a whole lot of need for high level BJJ as most people won't be able to take you down anyways. So in reality, all you'll need is high boxing and wrestling and you'll most likely dominate anyone balanced or heavy towards muay thai or BJJ. And you can't create a mainly wrestling and BJJ guy because you need at least a decent boxing game to set up your takedowns. There really just won't be a decent counter for the boxer/wrestler mold.

While I like that were on the verge of something new and better, I'm just still worried we're going to end up with a top 100 full of boxers with takedown defense knocking the piss out of anyone else. It is what it is and in all honesty, I'm just ready for a change. If that's what it may be, then I'll embrace it and figure it out as I play. I'd rather try to adapt to something new then see tickers stay like they are.

As this goes on it seems that the current system is not perfect but working.... maybe we should just get on with complaining about the crazy qfc-tokyo rankings or something that is more important. WHATS UP WITH THE RANKINGS!!!

I don't understand why the QFC doesn't have it own hype like K1, seem that would solve all the issues to me. The system is already in place with K1 should be easy to do

some parts of this i like but tbh what people are saying about fast learners is true. u may be able to compete at the high level faster but tbh thats not good enough. u should be able to compete at the high level sooner in addition to being able to reach a little bit over the normal overall % most people are at. maybe it would take a slight bit longer but if that could be made possible it would make more sense. if u have that fast learning intelligence then that should be something that makes u better than other fighters who have a granite chin or high ko power or a huge heart or insanely confident etc. otherwise fast learning is kinda useless.

I totally disagree with those of you who are complaining about Fast Learner. It is just that... you learn faster. It's not called the "Fat Crackling Power of the Gods" hidden. It already confers some pretty hefty advantages. You will be ready to step into the cage sooner (and thus at a younger age) meaning that you can start earning money faster. And you will have higher skills then those you are likely to face. Therefore you will win more often (at least in theory). Thus, you will earn far more money than an average learner over the course of your career because you will begin your career sooner, get to the top tier faster, and stay there longer. Now you want to somehow be able to get even more advantages out of this hidden? You want it to take you to the very gates of Valhalla to threaten the Gods and make mere mortals tremble in fear?

I think the fast learner hidden is just fine the way it is.

I agree with your idea and do like it better, but if aptitude directly correlates to skill level we'll need some sort counter balance. As of now, the only way to be successful in the clinch is to use a balanced stand up game to get into the clinch. If you have to have a high aptitude on both boxing and MT, you're going to get outwrestled and subbed a lot. Now if you have high wrestling and takedown defense, you won't have a whole lot of need for high level BJJ as most people won't be able to take you down anyways. So in reality, all you'll need is high boxing and wrestling and you'll most likely dominate anyone balanced or heavy towards muay thai or BJJ. And you can't create a mainly wrestling and BJJ guy because you need at least a decent boxing game to set up your takedowns. There really just won't be a decent counter for the boxer/wrestler mold.

While I like that were on the verge of something new and better, I'm just still worried we're going to end up with a top 100 full of boxers with takedown defense knocking the piss out of anyone else. It is what it is and in all honesty, I'm just ready for a change. If that's what it may be, then I'll embrace it and figure it out as I play. I'd rather try to adapt to something new then see tickers stay like they are.

The MT/Wrestling combo would be the first fighter I would say would counter the box/wrest combination.. Or what about the balanced guy.. The wonderful across guy, I would take him any day over the Elite Box/Elite Wres guy..

Again everyone will have vairying amount of physicals as well which will also make a massive difference between fighters that look similar on paper.

And to be fair the fast learner hidden is the most over-rated hidden in the game..

I like the idea but I think that lowering the cap to like 75% would make more variety for top fighters. Well, In real life, some fighters are still great even when they are at their mid thirties (Anderson Silva) and I guess some fighters still retain their form even at the ripe age. I like Qrash's idea of having a random hidden that increases the cap from 75-80%. It's true that not all fighters get past their prime at the same time. The idea is some start to fall down at 30, some start falling down at 38, but it's completely random.

The MT/Wrestling combo would be the first fighter I would say would counter the box/wrest combination.. Or what about the balanced guy.. The wonderful across guy, I would take him any day over the Elite Box/Elite Wres guy..

Again everyone will have vairying amount of physicals as well which will also make a massive difference between fighters that look similar on paper.

And to be fair the fast learner hidden is the most over-rated hidden in the game..

Maybe to choose for the +30, but if it was that overrated we wouldn't all drop guys with slow learning speeds. Lol. And as long as it'd be effective, I'd take the balanced guy as well. I just feel like for that to work we need a small change or so in the clinchwork department. Maybe an increase or boost in gaining the clinch so that going above 15% isn't insance would help. Idk.

I like the idea but I think that lowering the cap to like 75% would make more variety for top fighters. Well, In real life, some fighters are still great even when they are at their mid thirties (Anderson Silva) and I guess some fighters still retain their form even at the ripe age. I like Qrash's idea of having a random hidden that increases the cap from 75-80%. It's true that not all fighters get past their prime at the same time. The idea is some start to fall down at 30, some start falling down at 38, but it's completely random.

Yes. And Chris Karter actually posted an article a while back that showed that according to a study that the age has little to do with declining fighters (within reason) but length of career has a much bigger impact on them. 9 years is the average career length for an MMA fighter. If they Start fighting at 18 then very often they are beginning to decline by the time they are 27. They can go on fighting beyond that, but they begin to decline at that point. There are exceptions to the rule, of course (Henderson, Silva etc...) but that is right around the average.

In terms of this game, that would give fighters a 2 1/2 to 3 real life years maximum life expectancy for their fighters. Seems fairly reasonable to me. Especially since they should have already started a crop of new fighters by then anyway. The same sorts of things that have been mentioned in this thread could still apply. Random age of decline, accumulated injuries taking their toll, and so on could still be applied, but it makes more sense then everyone starting at 18 and being done at 30. You want variety and a realistic model for fighter careers? That would do it.

Also factor in Stu's ideas and you have a simple yet workable plan that makes the game immersive and entertaining without the tedium. Yes, I think there should still be some system in place that requires attention and that neglecting a skill or physical for too long should cause a decline, and I would hope that there was some way to tell when that was approaching so as to change training schedules to avoid it. But otherwise I think that this could work. This is not totally incompatible with Mike's proposal either. It just needs some tweaking.

Well yes, but I feel that even at the top level there should be diversity in skill levels.

Some fighters have risen to the top based on their fighting hiddens, while some have just been insanely skilled and that made the difference, I feel the only downside to this idea is that it nerfs the fast learner hidden since it no longer becomes relevant once you hit the top level.

How do you train a slow learner to 130 skills everywhere ? you can't.

I LIKE A LOT WHATS FUN WITH TRAINING IS GET READY FOR A FIGHT

ITS NOT MANAGING TO MAKE UR TICKERS NOT RED BUT GREEN, SO IF WE CAN HAVE THIS HIDDEN THINGS THAT CAN GIVE U A BOOST IN WRESTLING OR MUAY THAI... IT WILL MAKE THE GAME OPEN TO MORE DEEP TACTICS WITH FIGHTING.

When i started the game i always thought the fight started with what training i gave to my fighters.It was always a good pleasure to get headeache about what i should train.

Now there is only one issue with this sytem:

To have diversity we must have a lot of skills points wich mean training faster.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also- if they change the game again- you just drive off more people and dont attract anymore... sorry but most of those old managers are gone for good. Theres nothing wrong with the game now. Everyone is working their way up. Dont satisfy a small group that complains a lot. I'm no "expert" at mmatycoon but I dont try to fix shit that aint broke.

Is switching the system gunna make mike morw money?---- nope, cuz if it switches again, I, like many others, will leave and just play out their v.I.p and theres gunna be even less customers

Leave everything. Whatifsports.com is succesful because they dont change things all the time! They are also rich but thats not the point. Changing things just makes things work unless you have a miracle everyone can agree too

Wellman

Feel free to comment

Also- if they change the game again- you just drive off more people and dont attract anymore... sorry but most of those old managers are gone for good. Theres nothing wrong with the game now. Everyone is working their way up. Dont satisfy a small group that complains a lot. I'm no "expert" at mmatycoon but I dont try to fix shit that aint broke.

Is switching the system gunna make mike morw money?---- nope, cuz if it switches again, I, like many others, will leave and just play out their v.I.p and theres gunna be even less customers

Leave everything. Whatifsports.com is succesful because they dont change things all the time! They are also rich but thats not the point. Changing things just makes things work unless you have a miracle everyone can agree too

Wellman

Feel free to comment

But you are just stupid you are encouraging a system that will always prevent you to have good fighters.

• Downvote 3

I like the changes and can't wait to not have to deal too much with tickers. Also, I agree that the Learning Hidden should affect the degradation age and be as useful as the coveted Granite Chin.

• Upvote 1

I like the changes and can't wait to not have to deal too much with tickers. Also, I agree that the Learning Hidden should affect the degradation age and be as useful as the coveted Granite Chin.

No it shouldn't, learning speed can be instantly tested on Day 1 of creating the fighter. If it doesn't meet the standard people just cut & release these days. At least to discover if your fighter has granite chin - which can be completely useless and not very granite if your fighter is lacking other important hiddens - you have to debut a fight to view the TOTT, a 2-3 day process, sometimes longer.

• Upvote 3

But you are just stupid you are encouraging a system that will always prevent you to have good fighters.

I suck... but my fighters aren't bad at all. My record is bad because I'm bad with sliders and ive gotten a lot of favorable matchups. I have no problem with tickers and developing my fighters.

I dont care what happens- all I'm saying is by changing things constantly, you just keep scaring people away and mike loses more money

wow -- i for one thought jacky would cry his eyes out on having his fighters skills decline overnight -- im surprised big time -- the world is coming to an end shortly

December 23, 2012 its all over man. Lets all beat up a rich dude and find some nice ladies and have a great time

Sorry ill get back on topic now(:

I don't think I like it so far but am waiting to hear back on most of the questions people have already asked before making up my mind.

Mainly concerns over

1. Grapplers potentially being even harder to succeed with

2. Curious as to how the deductions will be done, e.g. a percentage of every skill, or can we choose which skills get lowered

3. A little annoying certain guys I created say 2/12 years ago will get deductions (If I understand that correctly) Think I have a couple of guys who will be over 80% and a few who may be somewhere around it but the most have took a long time to get to where they are.

4. I think to make this work some attributes need to be more useful than they currently are, such as submissions and ground and pound for defence like others have mentioned. Also been asking for elbows and knees to be seperated for a long time which never seems to happen so they are more handy in the clinch.

5. Agree with the hard cap not being great. I don't like the total being set in stone, I like the 75%-85% idea that was suggested.

yo mike make it so varying on the hidden learning skill a fighter may be able to such as get a 85% skill cap or like 78 if hes a little below average u know what im sayin but other then that i think what ur doing is fuckin fantastic of a idea and should def be implemented

3. A little annoying certain guys I created say 2/12 years ago will get deductions (If I understand that correctly) Think I have a couple of guys who will be over 80% and a few who may be somewhere around it but the most have took a long time to get to where they are.

From what I understand even now with the ticker system fighters were never meant to be able to get over that 80%ish total average mark anyways. So anyone who's over that level right now basically just got a free pass since the ticker system failed to do what it was meant to do (at least after it was toned down because it was "too unpopular even though it was crucial to the system working" as Mike said) So really you will just be losing points you were never meant to have. That's the way I see it anyways. The proposed new system is just a less annoying way to maintain your fighters at all levels in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the idea of anyone getting their skills straight cut, i have no fighters over 80% anything yet but I still think it would be pretty crappy for all the guys who, as mentioned, have been training for 2 to 3 REAL years. thats a crazy long time for any sim, game, or what have you, the fact it takes so long gives you something to look forward to, i am thinking about changing my vote to NO in a couple days. not everyone can win all the time on here, adapt your strategies around the game, not your perception of it.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the idea of anyone getting their skills straight cut, i have no fighters over 80% anything yet but I still think it would be pretty crappy for all the guys who, as mentioned, have been training for 2 to 3 REAL years. thats a crazy long time for any sim, game, or what have you, the fact it takes so long gives you something to look forward to, i am thinking about changing my vote to NO in a couple days. not everyone can win all the time on here, adapt your strategies around the game, not your perception of it.

While I am not saying that I am a fan of people losing a shitload of skill points overnight, I am in favor of some sort of decline that has teeth. This one bites pretty hard but it does what tickers were supposed to do in the first place. Those who were lucky enough to have found this place 3 years ago should not have the advantage from here until the game dies just because they started sooner.

Technically they have an advantage anyway because they have been around long enough to pick up an understanding of the way the game works and that experience should go a long way towards earning them wins over more skilled but not as well managed fighters.

What I think is pointless is that nerfing the guys that have not yet reached that 80% mark seems like a slap in the face. I have been working my ass off to get to where those other guys were and they had the benefit of longer game years (13-17 weeks for some) and better training systems. I don't know how the old way worked, but basically they advanced much faster under the old training system then the current one, they aged slower so there was little if any decline and so on..,

In other words the older fighter the elite if you will, have had a long run at the top and they deserve it. But they should not be able to sit up there forever just because they got here first. It should eventually come down to h=who has the better slider skills and managerial skills then who has the most seniority. This is not a union steel mill.

But for those of us who have been working to build up under the far less effective training system with the shorter game years and ticker maintenance systems in place to get cut when we haven't even gotten to the point those old guard have makes no sense. I think that a gradual decline to the point Mike originally wanted for the upper tier guys would be more fair than an over night reduction even if that reduction is relatively fast it would be more fair, and not cutting those who are under 80% at all (barring the proposed modifications that form a range between 75% - 85% or so, which is a good suggestion I think) would help to make the game what it was meant to be as I understand it.

I am not looking to bring the old guard down so that the newer fighters can beat them, but rather would like to see them brought to a level where their managers decide it's time to retire them and start with fresh fighters. I think many will find that it is more exciting to fight in the lower tiers then the upper tiers anyway. There is the diversity in fighter builds they universally agree they want to see, there are specialist builds and yes... even grapplers and submission specialists that can and do win fights down in the trenches.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1