Mentor Thread

MMATycoon

I am looking for a mentor too. I can't use the system because I've been playing for years, but if someone that isn't crap at the game would like to give me some pointers and answer some questions it would be greatly appreciated. You also get to tell people that you're K-Rad's daddy.

I am looking for a mentor too. I can't use the system because I've been playing for years, but if someone that isn't crap at the game would like to give me some pointers and answer some questions it would be greatly appreciated. You also get to tell people that you're K-Rad's daddy.

let me help you :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whats going on people. I've been reading the forums since I made my account. I am learning a lot so far. I will be going VIP in about 2 weeks when i get paid again and im not creating a fighter until i am actually VIP. I am looking for an experienced Mentor who can give me advice and tips and maybe help me network.

I am taking applications for a mentor starting now! lol

Just hit my inbox with a message introducing yourself and explaining why you would be a good mentor.

Hi,

I am not a noob, per se. I've been playing a few months, finally went VIP.

I had a mentor who got me off to a good start, helped me set sliders, and I did reasonably well against managers with similar experience.

I now find myself taking more losses against more experienced fighters/managers, and I'm looking for a mentor for the next step of the game, someone to get me to the next level. It's clear that I'm not there yet.

I finally got a hot free agent thanks to a spin and win deal, but so far I'm 0-1 with him (he's 20-3). My other free agent hasn't panned out either. I'm having more luck with my own fighters. I'd like to get another FA but it appears my hype isn't good enough to win the draw.

But I digress. Anyone willing to serve as a mentor to me would be appreciated. I'm also increasingly considering joining an alliance. I want to get more into the game.

I own my own gym now to train my fighters, it's a learning curve and if I didn't have a partner like I do it would not survive.

My fighters have won 2 org w/c titles, but I've lost more title shot matches. I have a big one coming up against a fighter where I'm clearly outclassed. Also, I tried using the new "predict" feature - I don't get it, and since I stopped, I have had more success.

One of my peeves is that the majority (or a lot) of my losses have come from a decision. Is there anyway to do better in that regard? I find that when I set my slider away from "Fight for..." decision or swing for fences I have better luck. My fighters tend to do well defending (and executing) submissions, for the most part, but I need improvement on decisions and striking defense (although I think I'm getting the hang of it).

Anyway, TL/DR summary, need veteran (at least a year or two experience) mentor, possibly an alliance, for above issues and more. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hello everybody !! i'm new, i'm from italy and i was looking for an italian mentor, cause my english is terrible, but i just saw , we are less than 100 players , so it wouldn't be so easy. i guess :)