ITFL - International Team Fighting League

shortfuse122829

Reaper, Kaiser, and Syndicate have all clinched playoff spots.

The Misfits have a two point lead over Aces and TFP for the final spot.

Sounds like it's time for me to do some fighting.....followed by some losing.....followed by some playoff elimination!

Kaiser (H) vs TFP (A)

Kaiser has a playoff spot all locked up. Uphill battle for TFP this week as they go into this week still in contention, a fighter short and two points behind the Misfits.

1. Edward Richtofen v Katsuro Sato A win here will lock up a slot in the individual tournament for either fighter. Richtofen has impressed many in his ITFL run, doing quite good for a young fighter. Sato presents a problem for him as Richtofen has shown a vulnerability to grapplers so far. Sato should be able to dictate pace and position and pick up a decision win here.

2. Biff Biffman v Geralt Of Ravia Biffman brings his heavy hands to this fight against Ravia. Biff needs to do some damage early or he could find him self spending the majority of the fight underneath the superior grappler. A finish here would likely qualify Ravia for the individual tourney. Ravia by KO.

3. Andre Toulon v Luka Beck Toulon has struggled since valiantly coming in as a replacement for TFP. He has a tough fight here in Beck, who will likely qualify for the individual tourney. These two are evenly matched in primaries, but Beck is in a whole different league when it comes to hiddens and results. I think Beck wins by KO.

4. Viktor Kafka v Karl Denke Denke looks likely to clinch a spot with a victory here. Kafka is really in need of a finish and some fighters ahead of him to lose to qualify. Denke is a tough customer, having never been finished. Its hard to see Kafka defeating Denke, much less finishing him. Denke by decision.

Syndicate (A) vs Misfits (H)

Syndicate is trying to lock up the #2 seed. The Misfits are just looking to stay alive.

1. Artie Lange v Tweedle Dee Artie Lange is my favorite fighter, CGrace is my favorite manager. All that being said Dee is an overwhelming favorite to win this fight. However, Lange wants to put a show on in his last ITFL fight and hand Dee his first ITFL loss. Lange by fantastic damage.

2. Dakota Royer v Sergiy Sklyar Sklyar looks to be a lock for the individual tourney, Royer should be a lock for the Bahamas. I cant see anyway that Royer can pull the upset. Sklyar by TKO.

3. Sir Jecht v Jax Teller Both of these fighters have struggled to close out the season. Teller will be looking for a win to even out his ITFL record. Jecht came in late and never got in the rhythm. I think Jecht can get a win this week if he can exploit Tellers weakness on the ground. Jecht by decision.

4. Karl Thomas v Dan Leighty Thomas is fighting for pride and team here. Leighty will lock up an individual slot with a win. Thomas has struggled to close out the season and gets a tough draw here with the talented striker Leighty. Leighty will likely have too much for Thomas in the striking department and take a decision.

5. Latka Gravas v Dirk Diggler Two more fighters going at it for pride in this one. Early favorite for fight of the night as two top notch strikers are scheduled to throw bones in this one. Diggler has an outside shot at the individual tourney with a finish, so I got to think he will be motivated. Diggler by KO.

• Upvote 2

ITFL Preview

Team Reaper vs. Team HB

Bubby vs. Damato – Boy Bubby comes into this contest having already secured places in the team and individual tournaments. Damato isn’t in contention but is looking to go out with a bang in this tournament as it’s likely the last fight of his career. I think Bubby is just too strong here, especially if he can get the fight to the ground. Bubby by TKO

Billington vs. Roman – Greco Roman is an elite wrestler with a BJJ black belt and will be looking to get this fight to the ground as quickly as possible if he wants a chance to win today. Billington is also very adept on the ground and is fighting for seeding in the individual tournament so I expect him to come out and look to end this one quickly. Billington by TKO

Slayer vs. Schmeck – Dragon Slayer comes into this week the leader in the individual standings and has been knocking everyone out as of late. Schmeck is a very dangerous ground fighter and if he can get this fight down he may have a chance at a submission victory. Slayer just hits too hard in my opinion and he’s always looking for the knockout. I think Slayer finishes this fight early. Slayer by KO

Wise vs. James – Helio James has been very competitive since joining the tournament winning his last two fights over guys in playoff contention and winning the first 2 rounds from Denke before being stopped late in the fight. Dennis Wise has been running through the competition in this tournament however and seems to be in a completely different class of fighter then the two guys James has beat over the last few fights. I think Wise takes this in a closer fight then most people think. Wise by decision.

Esposito vs. Boon 1 – Bam Boon has yet to taste victory in this tournament and I don’t think his chances at changing that are any better this week as he runs into an elite striker in Esposito. Frank looks like he’s in the playoffs but he’ll want a win this week just to be sure. I expect him to get it by KO.

Team Aces vs. Team Replacements

Nixon vs. Veron – Dynamite Nixon got his first victory in ITFL last time out and will be looking to make it two in a row when he takes on Juan Sebastian Veron. Nixon might stand a chance in this fight if he can keep it standing but I don’t seem him able to do that. Veron gets this one to the ground and makes the most of his opportunity. Veron wins by sub.

Hendry vs. Smith – Neither of these two fighters have a chance at making the playoffs in the individual tournament so this fight will be about pride. Both fighters have excellent knockout power and pretty good chins. Dan Smith likes to close the distance and get the fight into the clinch and if he can do that today I see him pulling this fight out. Smith by decision

Daily vs. Batchelor – I.P. Daily got a nice knockout victory his last time out but he’s 3-6 so far in the tournament and has no chance at making the playoffs in the individual tournament. Jarod Batchelor on the other hand is right in the mix with a group of several other fighters. He’ll need a knockout victory to give himself the best chance at moving to the next round. I think he’ll come out looking for a finish and get it. Batchelor by TKO

Rodalgo vs. Voda – Both of these fighters should make the playoffs but a loss for Rodalgo and some finish victories for a few fighters behind him may see him on the outside looking in so he will absolutely be looking for a win in this fight. Voda is definitely in and has been 1 of the stronger fighters so far in this tournament. He’ll be looking for another submission victory here to help him get a higher seed in the individual tournament. This is a really tough fight for me to pick because it’s very close on paper, I will choose Voda by sub just cause he’s surprised me more than once this season. Voda by sub

1. Slayer - 27 pts

2. Dee - 24 pts

3. Scott - 24 pts

4. Wise - 23 pts

5. Veron - 23 pts

6. Billington - 21 pts

7. Leighty 21 pts

8. Bubby - 20 pts

9. Skylar - 19 pts

10. Beck - 19 pts

11. Esposito - 19 pts

12. Voda - 19 pts

13. Rodalgo - 18 pts

14. Ravia - 17 pts

15. Denke - 17 pts

16. Sato - 17 pts

Are the 16 competitors to make the individual tournament. Congratulations to those fighters and all the teams who made it. Thanks to everyone who participated!

All ties were decided by the tie-breakers listed earlier.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhAej-0tg4n4dGhzaFVBQ2VhM0xLWEJRYkpzUXh2UWc#gid=0

Final standings updated there

Kind of sad that Royer or Dudek didn't make the playoffs. Terrible for TV ratings not having those two in. The people wanted to see Royer and once again the fans will be disappointed that there will be no names that anyone recognizes. What a robbery for MMA.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/takedown2.gif

and Sklyar counters with a takedown into side control.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked2.gif

Royer is rocked!

Rocked from a takedown? virtuouz, just retire this poor guy already!

Not before I retire Henry Chinaski first.

Kind of sad that Royer or Dudek didn't make the playoffs. Terrible for TV ratings not having those two in. The people wanted to see Royer and once again the fans will be disappointed that there will be no names that anyone recognizes. What a robbery for MMA.

You're still in the team portion w/ both guys for now :)

You're still in the team portion w/ both guys for now :)

I don't give a shit about the team. I'm trying to rack up individual accolades for my fighters.

We all know Alexi is going to drag down Team Kaiser in the playoffs anyways.

Kaiser (H) vs TFP (A)

Kaiser has a playoff spot all locked up. Uphill battle for TFP this week as they go into this week still in contention, a fighter short and two points behind the Misfits.

1. Edward Richtofen v Katsuro Sato A win here will lock up a slot in the individual tournament for either fighter. Richtofen has impressed many in his ITFL run, doing quite good for a young fighter. Sato presents a problem for him as Richtofen has shown a vulnerability to grapplers so far. Sato should be able to dictate pace and position and pick up a decision win here.

2. Biff Biffman v Geralt Of Ravia Biffman brings his heavy hands to this fight against Ravia. Biff needs to do some damage early or he could find him self spending the majority of the fight underneath the superior grappler. A finish here would likely qualify Ravia for the individual tourney. Ravia by KO.

3. Andre Toulon v Luka Beck Toulon has struggled since valiantly coming in as a replacement for TFP. He has a tough fight here in Beck, who will likely qualify for the individual tourney. These two are evenly matched in primaries, but Beck is in a whole different league when it comes to hiddens and results. I think Beck wins by KO.

4. Viktor Kafka v Karl Denke Denke looks likely to clinch a spot with a victory here. Kafka is really in need of a finish and some fighters ahead of him to lose to qualify. Denke is a tough customer, having never been finished. Its hard to see Kafka defeating Denke, much less finishing him. Denke by decision.

Syndicate (A) vs Misfits (H)

Syndicate is trying to lock up the #2 seed. The Misfits are just looking to stay alive.

1. Artie Lange v Tweedle Dee Artie Lange is my favorite fighter, CGrace is my favorite manager. All that being said Dee is an overwhelming favorite to win this fight. However, Lange wants to put a show on in his last ITFL fight and hand Dee his first ITFL loss. Lange by fantastic damage.

2. Dakota Royer v Sergiy Sklyar Sklyar looks to be a lock for the individual tourney, Royer should be a lock for the Bahamas. I cant see anyway that Royer can pull the upset. Sklyar by TKO.

3. Sir Jecht v Jax Teller Both of these fighters have struggled to close out the season. Teller will be looking for a win to even out his ITFL record. Jecht came in late and never got in the rhythm. I think Jecht can get a win this week if he can exploit Tellers weakness on the ground. Jecht by decision.

4. Karl Thomas v Dan Leighty Thomas is fighting for pride and team here. Leighty will lock up an individual slot with a win. Thomas has struggled to close out the season and gets a tough draw here with the talented striker Leighty. Leighty will likely have too much for Thomas in the striking department and take a decision.

5. Latka Gravas v Dirk Diggler Two more fighters going at it for pride in this one. Early favorite for fight of the night as two top notch strikers are scheduled to throw bones in this one. Diggler has an outside shot at the individual tourney with a finish, so I got to think he will be motivated. Diggler by KO.

Pretty spot on prediction cept for the whole Lange getting KTFO again :( FUCK YOU TWEEDLE DEE!!

As for his first playoff fight, Lange has always been a playoff player/fighter at heart...not unlike the great Sergei Fedorov!

Motherfucker is gonna light this playoff experience up for the fans worldwide.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!