Steel Penn - ICON

SteelPenn

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13916153992261.png

Marcello Trudeau

This has been an awesome year for the Iron Man:

First championship in over 19 years: check

My name on a verbalkint poster: check

Clearing out an entire division @ Steel Penn Icon: Coming Soon

SP-ICON Media Scrum 3/8/16 Location: Tokyo, Japan - He Man Woman Haters Club Gym

The entire 1st floor of the facility is packed with media from every outlet known to Tycoon.

*Justin Credible steps up to the mic and motions for the media members to sit down and shut the hell up*

JC: *Clears throat*

Steel Penn has been on the lookout for high profile fighters to add to our roster for quite some time. Not only high profile talent, but high profile and reliable managers. We’re still recruiting, vigorously I might add. But I called you here to give you an update on the happenings in our organization. I will take questions, but for now…Just Listen….. So far we’ve signed 10 new fighters in just under 3 weeks, which is great for us, and we’re in negotiations with over 25 more. We’ve recently booked our Welterweight title tournament match-ups, winner of the tournament will be able to call themselves a champion.

We’ve got Simon Morgan taking on Juan Cabrillo for an end to their epic trilogy.

Then we have the newly signed Salvatore Corozzo taking on SP vet, Don Julio in what should be a war!

Following that we have the always exciting Rami Harris taking on another new signee, Tourney Champ.

Then we have another fight not yet official, but when it becomes official, I’ll let you know.

We’ve also had to strip our Heavyweight champion due to signing with another organization. We wish him the best of luck over there at Legacy, we’ve recently signed a big time Heavyweight in He Man Woman Haters Club’s own, William King! We’re looking for an opponent to fight him for the vacant HW belt right now, we have an offer out, but it could change.

We recently signed a true warrior in our 135lb division, Cletus Landry! We couldn’t be happier working with the legendary, Dana Fight and we look forward to big things from Cletus in our Bantamweight division.

Another huge signing is Pikku Nilkki to our 145lb division! He’s sure to come in and shake things up a bit. We’re currently looking for an opponent for him, but an announcement could be made in the next few days.

We’re currently negotiation with the top available fighters and managers, we hope to sign more fighters in the near future.

Now, any questions?

Reporter: With having to strip 2 champions in less than a month are you worried about a hype decrease?

JC: No, that’s what happens when you’re gunning for the top. You have to take a few hits along the way and we’re prepared to do that. We have a great roster right now, and we’re always looking to improve. Also we’d welcome those fighters back with open arms and a chance to regain their belts.

Reporter: Word has it your in talks with a high profile fighter from a top org. in Vegas. Care to speak on that?

JC: I’m not at liberty to give much detail on this, but yes we are talking to several fighters in all locations. We’re being very respectful to the organizations they’re currently signed to and expect the same respect. We’re not violating any contracts, we’ve just put some feelers out.

Reporter: How do you plan on entering the top 5 fighting organizations in the world if you can’t keep your champions?

JC: Easily…We’re already doing revolutionary Audio Interviews, our expert interviewer Chael Mir is taking over and changing the game right now. We’re offering great salaries and competitive fights. We’re slowly but surely climbing, all these setback will just make our story better!

Reporter: There are reports of friction in the upper management, any truth to this?

JC: No, we’re fine. We talk all the time and have the same vision for the future.

JC: Listen I think we’re done here, I’ll have another one of these very soon. Any fighters/managers want to become a part of history feel free to contact me. Thank you for your time.

*Walks away as “Eye Of The Tiger” rings throughout the gym speakers*

• Upvote 3

Extra Extra read all about it mickey hart fired from SP ICON

In a latest twist in the drama mickey hart has be fire from SP ICON .Mickey supposedly gotten the news from media outlets and org security instead of steel penn himself .When he heard he was fuckin pissed and planning on suing steel penn for every god damn penny he has for breach of contract .Tensions have be reported high between the penny pinching hart and some of the over paid under talented roster for some time now .There has also be reported to be a break down of communications between the management team.

Hart has not stated what his plans for the future are (to be honest we couldn't understand his drunk rabble )but with a wealth of knowledge of the org game he surely be singed by another org sooner rather then later .

Mickey Hart looks a dejected figure waiting outside of Steel Penn's office in Hilo. Currently in the office is his boss Steel Penn and disgruntled manager Dean Sutherland with his fighter Giacomo Benvenuti. While the reinforced steel door blocks out most of the noise, every now and then you can hear Steel Penn's shout "he did fuckin what". Mickey has a quick glance at his phone and thinks to himself that the guy better show up here soon. The securities phone buzzes and Mickey Hart is led into the office. Sitting in his chair is Steel Penn with Dean Sutherland sitting across from him, Giacomo is standing next to the wall,looking menacing as ever and shoots a growl at Mickey as he enters the room. Mickey reaches over and grabs a seat and proceeds to sit down.

Steel Penn - Don't you fucking dare touch that seat.

Mickey puts the seat back and stands at attention only moving his hand to wipe the sweat from his brow, it was clear that Steel Penn was not pissing about.

Steel Penn - You don't have a fuckin clue on how to do anything do you Micky?

Mickey opens his mouth to speak

Steel Penn - That was a rhetorical question Micky.

Mickey looks around the room wondering where the hell the dictionary is.

Dean - Jesus, this cbomb really is clueless.

Steel Penn - So Mickey, do you want to explain why we are in this situation today.

Mickey - Well, I offered him fights but other guys rejected, then I offered him fights against guys who were ranked really shitty and he got mad at me.

Steel Penn looks across at Dean who nods silently. Giacomo has not taken his eyes off of Mickey since he entered the room.

Mickey - So now I found him an opponent.

Mickey walks over to the door and opens it. In the doorway stands a fifteen year old boy called Bjorn with his latest free agent wonder RP Murphy.

Mickey - Ta Da...

Giacomo - Who the fuck is that?

Dean - I'd like to ask the same question, who the fuck is that?

Mickey - This is Bjorn, we know you two do not like each other and...

Dean - I do not give a fuck about the little Belgian princess. Who the fuck is the fighter? Where is he ranked?

Mickey - Well he is outside the top 1000...

Steel Penn stands up and bangs both fists against the table.

Steel Penn - You are in here for offering him shit fighters, and NOW YOU FUCKING BRING IN ANOTHER SHIT FIGHTER!

Bjorn - Yes but I...

Steel Penn - Shut the fuck up and get out of my office, I have already fired you once for losing me millions.

Bjorn - Pussy, duck...

Giacomo moves off the wall and Bjorn and his fighter quickly run out of the office.

Dean - Look Steel, here is half the signing bonus back.

Giacomo picks up the briefcase and throws it over to Steel Penn.

Dean - Nothing personal, it is just this guy over there is a complete and utter idiot.

Dean and Steel Penn shake hands and Dean turns around with Giacomo and leaves the room.

Steel Penn - You have lost me the highest hyped/popped fighter in my company, you have completely messed up my business and you have a single digit IQ.

Steel Penn raises once again from his chair and points his finger at Mickey.

Steel Penn - You'reeeee FIREDDDD!

Mickey turns around as the door swings open and Giacomo super kicks him to the face sending him flying over Steel Penn's desk. Security pick him up and throw him on to the sidewalk.

A few minutes later Mickey Hart starts to wake up with no recollection of what just happened. That must have been a hellova drinking session, he thinks to himself. Bjorn appears out of a side street calling him over.

Bjorn - So am I getting to fight him, please tell me I get to fight him, I really want to fight him, I need to fight him.

Mickey - I'll ask him just now.

Mickey Hart dials in Dean's number into his mobile and the auto-message replies back to him "the number you have dialed is no longer in service, please try again".

One week later, Bjorn has fired RP Murphy after losing one fight with him and is now hunting through the free agency market looking to pick up his next one hit wonder. Mickey Hart is still unemployed and only recently found out he got fired from his job. Dean and Steel Penn are still on decent terms with Sutter Cane, another Sutherland fighter picking up a victory in the most recent card at SPFT.

• Upvote 4

Date: 3/10/16 Location: Hilo, HI Arena: Big Kahuna

*The media is in a frenzy over the rumors of Mickey Hart being fired and what state SP-ICON is in…*

*Justin Credible walks up in an Armani one-of-a kind suit, black shades on, freshly trimmed beard and grabs the mic*

JC: I know there have been reports of turmoil between management for some time. Not enough money being spent on advertising, complaints from managers about Mickey, complaints from Mickey about contracts, I mean the list could go on and on… The rumors were all true... In result of those rumors, Mickey Hart has been terminated, effective immediately. I’m not sure how he took the news, as I myself was on a private jet flight out here, but I can imagine not too good. Steel Penn, despite what reports said did deliver the news himself. I am now the new President of SP-ICON also effective immediately. I plan on bringing this organization back to its roots, back to glory, back to greatness, and most importantly back to the top! I believe that with the staff and roster we have right now, we can be an elite org. again and could see great things happening. Chael Mir, is now the VP and head writer, I’ll still be doing writing a well. As far as match making goes, we’ll be discussing that as a group. Now any questions?

Reporter: You ran an organization 4 years ago, what makes you qualified now?

JC: You’re right I did run an Org. 4 years ago, and I took that Org. to #4 worldwide at one point, and that was when CFC was the #1 org. in the game, and we gave them one hell of a run… I know that people will have their doubts, but rest assured I am a fighter first manager. I want my entire stable of fighters the necessary tools to become stars and blossom under the SP-ICON banner. I know we have what I takes to compete with Syn, Evolution, Trinity and all those elite orgs.

Reporter: Is there any bad blood between yourself and Mickey?

JC: Mickey and I have always been very friendly. I have nothing but great things to say about him, he always approached me with respect and I gave him the same. I wish him the best in what he does next and hope that maybe one day, we’ll work together again, but in a different capacity.

Reporter: What is the first major change you’re going to be implementing?

JC: Well for starters, the open-weight division will be disbanded and the fighters will be signed to new contracts under their respective weight classes, and our champion will be given an instant title shot. I just believe that until we get our current weight classes to a level in which we have enough depth to provide competitive fights up and down the roster, we don’t need an open weight class. In the future, it’s a possibility, but until then… We restructure.

Reporter: Are you worried about losing anyone due to the change?

JC: No, I believe these fighters and mangers are loyal to SP-ICON and I also have great relationships with everyone in our roster. My door is always open and the fighters and managers know that. I’m all about respect and paying fighters enough money that they don’t need to do anything else but train, and train at elite gyms at that. If any fighter or manager has issues, please feel free to stop by my office, call me, PM me, anything. I’ll address it and make you happy.

Reporter: Are you going to be getting Mickey’s salary as well?

JC: No, I’m not about money for myself. I have enough money, I mean have you looked at my suit? Have you seen the way my beard glistens in these lights? I use $1,000 dollar beard cream made from the tears of babies mixed in with sweat from Katy Perry’s nipples, and I haven’t even received my first check yet. All that money is going towards making this a better org.

JC: Look I know there are a lot more questions, but… I have an Organization to run. Thank you for your time and I’ll see you soon.

Reporters: WAIT, WAIT!!!!

*JC hops on a private jet to talk to an unnamed free agent fighter*

• Upvote 1

Hello everybody and welcome to the preview of
SP ICON 205 and 265 bash (855773)
Organization : Steel pen - ICON
Date : 19 March 2016
City : Hilo

Card:

Weight Rounds Round Minutes Fighters 205 lbs 3 5 Dom Diego v Arvo Laar 145 lbs 3 5 Pikku Nilkki v Ceasar Morgan 265+ lbs 3 5 Noel Contemprato v Erkki Elastinen 205 lbs 3 5 Felipe Calderon v David Wuzz 265 lbs 3 5 Tural Agaev v Heinz Doofenshmirtz 265 lbs 3 5 Vincent Mars v Mark Avreli 265 lbs 3 5 Jimmy James v Kyle Collins 205 lbs 3 5 Lionel Santos v Don T. Bill 265 lbs 3 5 Homer Simpson v Malachi Leatherwood 170 lbs 3 5 Axl Rose v Joey Nix

#1 AXL ROSE x JOEY "NIGHTMARE" NIX

Record:5-6-0 (W-L-D) Record:17-14-0 (W-L-D)

TALE OF THE TAPE: Axl Rose sure seems inexperienced with only few fights in his record but when you look at him, you'll see why he's fighting a guy with a lot of experience. Axl has dangerous stand up game with sensational boxing and sensational muay thai, but on the ground he's just as deadly with sensational wrestling and a black belt in brazilian jiu-jitsu, he's an overall mma fighter that can be deadly in any way he chooses. Showing that he can take any fight he has 2 TKO and 2 SUBS that make a point in both stand up and ground game. On the other side "Nightmare" has a lot of experience with 30+ fights and a positive record, but he's not an overall fighter like his opponent. Even though he has Elite boxing, sensational muay thai, sensational wrestling and black belt in BJJ he never won a fight by submission which tells us that he really prefer the stand up game and TKOing people off.
KEY TO THE WIN - Axl should make use of his ground game, showing in his past wins that he can sub people gives him confidence against a guy that has never sub anyone, while Joe Nix should take this fight standing up and sprawl, even if Axl had never lost a fight by TKO or sub, being all of his 6 losses by decision. It's going to be a great fight and probably won't finish in the judge's scoreboard.

#2 HOMER "HUMAN PUNCHBAG" SIMPSON x MALACHI LEATHERWOOD
Record 20-12-0 (W-L-D) Record 10-5-1 (W-L-D)

TALE OF THE TAPE: This fight it’s a contrast of two styles Homer is an black belt with exceptional wrestling and 20 subs in his 20 wins, while Malachi is a stand up artist with wonderful boxing and sensational muay thai and 80% of his wins were (T)KO’s. Homer is a little more experienced but Malachi is 2 years younger and 13 cm taller so his reach is bigger.
KEY TO THE WIN – This one is pretty obvious, Homer has to take it to the ground and Malachi has to keep this up on it’s feet. The tricky thing about this fight is if Malachi should use his clinch or not, because being an sensational muay thai fighter his clinch is deadly but one mistake in the clinch and Homer takes him to the ground where his purple belt don’t even survive one entire round against Homer’s black one.

#3 LIONEL “BEHEMOTH” SANTOS x DON T. “KILL BILL”
Record 13-7-0 (W-L-D) Record 14-13-0 (W-L-D)

TALE OF THE TAPE: Both fighters are almost equal Don has 8 more fights than Lionel, but more subs and this is the point that I wanted to get in Lionel its more of an stand up fighter but can survive on the ground with his brown belt but Don T. has a black belt and sensational wrestling and 10 sub wins. This fight will be a back and forward battle of who gets his gameplan first.
KEY TO THE WIN – Don has to keep it on the ground, doesn’t matter if on his back or on top, he’s experienced enough to pull guard and work his way around it, he just have to take care of Lionel’s heavy hands and elite boxing. Lionel has to sprawl’n brawl his way to the victory or land several combos to tire his opponent out and knock him out.

#4 “JAM JAM” JIMMY JAMES x KYLE COLLINS
Record 25-14 -0 (W-L-D) Record 10-5-0 (W-L-D)

TALE OF THE TAPE: This is going to be a good one because both fighters are exactly the same, brown belts with exepcional stand up technique and major wins by (T)KO’s. The only thing that differ both fighters is the age, Jimmy is 38 and Kyle 27. I’m sure this is going to be exciting and pretty sure who gets the first big punch first wins.

KEY TO THE WIN – I’m not even sure how to analyze this but this one is pretty much a K-1 match, both standing up and trading blows. What can get out of plan is one of them trying to take it to the ground or to clinch. The one with the heavier hands has an advantage and the aggressor maybe has an edge too.

#5 VINCENT MARS x MARK AVRELI
Record 17-7-0 (W-L-D) Record 27-15-0 (W-L-D)

TALE OF THE TAPE: Another high level fight where both fighters have really good overall game and can adapt everywhere on the cage. The only difference is that Avreli has a black belt and Vincent a brown one. Outside that it really has no other difference. Both fighters like to stand up and won the majority of their fights with (T)KO’s.
KEY TO THE WIN – You got it right, this is also a stand up fight. Both have really deadly and heavy hands. Stay tuned in this fight because is promising to be a beautiful exchange of big hits.

#6 TURAL AGAEV x “THE MAD DOCTOR” HEINZ DOOFENSHMIRTZ
TALE OF THE TAPE: With both coming from 2 wins and both being exactly the same style of fighter makes it difficult to predict where this fight is going to end. Tural never won a fight by submission, this could be a opening for Heinz, because he has won 9 fights by submission.

KEY TO THE WIN – Tural has to stay on his feet and try to get a knockout when Heinz makes a mistake. Heinz has the chance to take it to the ground and try to sub, he has a good background winning 9 fights by submission or he take his chances standing up because he don’t get behind Tural in striking.

#7 FELIPE CALDERON x DAVID WUZZ
Record 20-17-1 (W-L-D) Record 10-9-0 (W-L-D)
TALE OF THE TAPE: Both trying to rebound from a loss, David has 10 wins and 8 by submission while Felipe has 9 TKOS. What can make the difference is David’s granite chin that can help him standing up against his opponent. If the fight goes to the ground he has an advantage on what experience in the ground does it’s job.
KEYS TO THE WIN – Felipe with more experience and more striking ability has to make everything in his power to keep it standing. He’s shorter then David so it’s going to be harder to take him down. David on the other hand has to do the exact opposite, take it to the ground and dominate like he’s done in the past.

#8 “FILIPINO STYLE” NOEL CONTEMPRATO x ERKKI “MINI-HULK” ELASTINEN
Record 53-28-4 (W-L-D) Record 35-34-2 (W-L-D)

TALE OF THE TAPE: A very experienced fight from both sides but still very different fight styles. Noel has 28 TKOS in his record and an expressive but very clear gameplan: take his opponent head off. Don’t even give “Mini-Hulk” a chance to get in for the sub. “Filipino” never won a single fight by submission which may indicate a flaw in his game. Errki has to make his gameplan flawless because Noel has shown that he can really adapt with his experience.
KEY TO THE WIN – This fight also pretty straight forward one has to get in the clinch and use his muay thai to get the best in the fight. While the other has to take down his opponent and sub him as fast as he can due to Noel’s good gas tank.

#9 PIKKU NILKKI x CEASAR MORGAN
Record 14-3-0 (W-L-D) Record 20-13-1 (W-L-D)

TALE OF THE TAPE: This is the classic stand up vs ground game fight, Pikku coming from 3 wins and 11 wins from TKO’s and Ceasar coming from 3 losses but 14 wins by submission. Both already know what they have to do and how to take it home.

KEY TO THE WIN – Pikku have to make no mistake, not even one and he’s good to go on the stand up fight. Former champion from another org, I think he know exactly what to do and how to win it. Ceasar has to now allow his last bad fights get to his mind, coming from 3 straight losses it’s difficult to fight again and don’t feel the pressure.

#10”THE RELENTLESS” DOM DIEGO x “IMPERIUM HALL OF FAMER” ARVO LAAR
TALE OF THE TAPE: This is the main event of the evening and a really good one Dom just lost his fight for the title and is looking to get back up to another one, while Arvo won his last 4 and it’s making a statement that he wants that belt. Really balanced fight both of them are sensational at the stand up game and won multiple fights by TKO, if Arvo wins it maybe the next one is for the belt so he’s really hungry for a win and on Kakoullis tail.

KEY TO THE WIN – This one I’ll let to you guys, what do you guys think either one of them should do to take home the win?

And that’s it for this week, stay tuned for the event that is going to rock everybody and full of action full fights. See you guys next week!

For full fight card see SPFT Official page: http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=2905

Tyson Pain (201722) vs Tommy Lynch (237110)

Analysis: A welterweight bout between two fighters at drastically different stages of their careers. Tommy Lynch is just 25 years of age with an already impressive record of 5-1-1. He is still in the stage of rapid improvement and is getting better with every fight. Tyson Pain is currently in the worst run of his career with a 7 fight losing streak making him look a shadow of the fighter he once was. It is an interesting matchup; where both fighters tend to prefer the ground game, however you have to give Pain the advantage if it goes there. Lynch has much better striking; and Pain’s chin has never looked convincing; particularly of late, so this has to be the best path to victory. This matchup will be decided completely by the wrestling; who will decide where the fight ends up, and by Lynch’s decision making; as he has a tendency to take fights to the floor despite showing he has some excellent boxing skills.

Prediction: Tyson Pain’s only chance in this matchup is if Lynch decides he wants to take him down; a very bad idea against a lethal submission artist. However; this will not happen; as Tommy Lynch now has an extremely tactically savvy manager. The younger man will thwart Pain’s takedowns at every turn and gradually wear him down with superior boxing. He will stop Pain late in the second round.

Lynch by TKO (Round 2)

The Steel Penn Alliance (203912) vs Dave Klincko (192819)

Analysis: A good matchup which allows one of two fighters on losing streaks to bounce back and start a run. None of them are near the title at the moment but it is a fun fight to analyse nonetheless. It is a rematch of their fight in January; a competitive fight where SPA used his superior grappling to eventually submit Klincko. Not much has changed since then; Klincko has a slight advantage standing; SPA has a slight advantage in the wrestling, and SPA has the jiu jitsu advantage by a landslide. It is pretty much the same fight as last time; with them both on losing streaks. The fight will show whether or not Dave Klincko has made improvements in the necessary areas since the first fight.

Prediction: Not enough has changed here to think it will go any differently than the first fight; SPA has always shown the ability to take his opponents down; and is a wizard on the ground; Klincko simply doesn’t have the tools to force a different result. Look for SPA to take this one to the ground and finish get him out of there early.

The Steel Penn Alliance by Sub (Round 1)

Freddy Steel (113791) vs Crash Course (126891)

Analysis: A fun fight between two golden oldies of the MMA Tycoon world; this has the potential to bring fireworks; and everyone knows it. These guys will never recapture their past glory; but they both hit really hard, so who cares! Crash was once the best Light Heavyweight on the planet and despite falling on hard times of late; can still bang, albeit whilst being considerably less elusive. Freddy Steel has always been a huge guy and will hold a significant weight advantage come fight night. He will look to pin Crash down in a spot where he can tee off on him. Crash must look to stick and move more being the smaller guy; but should still look to test the chin of his opponent as often as he can. Both are terrific wrestlers who don’t really like to wrestle so we can be assured this will be a standup war.

Prediction: Had his fight happened a few years ago; Crash would’ve put on an absolute masterclass which would have ended in a first round finish and mass hysteria from everybody watching. However; this is far from the case now, and the size will make a big difference. Freddy Steel will control the cage in this fight; and after a feeling out process will find Crash’s chin early and hurt him late in the first round. Crash will survive the first flurry, but will then be finished in short order after they come out for the second round.

Freddy Steel KO (Round 2)

Nick Evans (246961) vs Rukah Padero (219639)

Analysis: An intriguing Featherweight battle between two solid fighters who are both struggling a little at the moment. They both have plenty of ability all over the cage; but don’t seem to be able to put any kind of consistent run together, hence this is a very difficult fight to analyse. The striking game is hard to call; Nick Evans will bring a slightly higher output of strikes whilst Padero will bring slightly more power. Nick Evans has never been knocked out though; so headhunting will be unlikely to get it done against him. Padero is the slightly better grappler on paper; but Evans is very effective off of his back; especially at stifling offence; so he will be no walk in the park on the ground. It will be relatively entertaining; but Nick Evans has a style that lends itself to going to close decisions; and this fight will be no different.

Prediction: This will be a back and forth fight that has got decision written all over it; it will be a close one as well. At kickboxing distance; the fight will be close, with Evans working on high output and Padero landing big shots every so often. Padero will score the occasional takedown; and whilst he may not be able to do anything with Evans when he gets him down; it will be enough to earn the decision win.

Padero by Split Decision (Round 3)

K.J. Choi (127918) vs Guywaun Lopez Lopez (87201)

Analysis: Another fight between two elder statesmen which has got very little divisional relevance; as one outweighs the other by almost 100 pounds. K.J. Choi has just rebounded from a tough streak with a mauling of Mateusz Puszke; while Lopez Lopez has lost three in a row since re-emerging following a three year break from fighting. This one will depend on whether Choi can force Lopez into a ground fight; because if he can; his weight will give him a huge helping hand. It will be interesting to see if Lopez can tap into his striking ability to defeat the oft knocked out Super heavyweight.

Prediction: Not easy to call but strength of opposition is the decider here; Lopez may have lost three in a row; but they were all against younger; better opposition than he will face here. Lopez snaps the losing streak in a slow paced fight where he eventually finds the big man’s chin and puts the crowd out of their misery.

Guywaun Lopez Lopez by TKO (Round 3)

Max Kaz (183478) vs Alex Mercer (194718)

Analysis: The first fight of the long awaited Welterweight Tournament! It’s a very exciting matchup too with both fighters preferring to stay vertical for the most part. They are also both on relatively good runs in their careers with Mercer coming off a KO victory; and Kaz coming off a competitive loss to Don Julio which was preceded by a 3 fight win streak. Kaz will fancy his chances of landing a big shot here; he has the better chin and does have the power to hurt Mercer as well. It’ll be interesting to see whether Kaz goes to the clinch or not here. Mercer is the superior technical striker; but also packs some serious power, so don’t be surprised to see him look for the finish here either. Mercer will be looking to make this a boxing match; whereas Kaz may look to chop his opponent’s legs down before lulling him to sleep. Both of them will want to make a statement that they are among the favourites to be the next Welterweight Champion.

Prediction: Kaz is capable of getting the knockout victory here; but it won’t happen on this occasion. Mercer will control the distance and the pace of the fight, Kaz’s clinch will prove futile against Mercer’s excellent defence. Although Kaz will have his moments; Mercer will get the victory the safe way; being alert to Kaz’s power and leg kicks. Kaz has been stopped before, but his chin will hold up in this one; as Mercer takes a competitive; put clear decision.

Mercer by Unanimous Decision (Round 3)

Rami Harris (220474) vs Tourney Champ (249193)

Analysis: This is a fight between a guy who was signed for this tournament; Tourney Champ and an already established Welterweight in Steel Penn – ICON; Rami Harris. Tourney Champ will be looking to make an impression by knocking the more experienced fighter out. Harris will be looking to get his career back on track after a rough patch and will be looking to set up possible rematches by advancing into the next round. Tactically; Tourney Champ will be looking to land a big KO in order to nullify his opponents more well-rounded game; whilst Rami Harris will most likely be looking to keep it simple and effective; avoid getting hit and control the pace of the fight wherever it goes.

Prediction: Tourney Champ cannot knock Rami Harris out; Harris’s striking and chin are far too advanced for that. He cannot submit him; and even if he could, he cannot get the fight to the ground. Harris will control the fight in the stand up; he will clinch, he will land takedowns, he will win this fight everywhere. He will eventually submit Harris late on as this seems to be the area that the biggest difference in skill lies.

Rami Harris by Submission (Round 3)

Salvatore Corozzo (153386) vs Don Julio (194699)

Analysis: If you pay attention to the world rankings; Don Julio is the favourite to win this whole thing and become the next Welterweight Champion. He is the highest ranked and has been with Steel Penn – ICON for a while as well. He has beaten some of the best the division has to offer; but make no mistake; this is a tough matchup for him. Salvatore Corozzo has beaten some of the best of the best in a stacked Welterweight Division at the recently defunct Cornell Cage Fighting. His relative inactivity also means that at 37; whilst his very best years may be behind him, he has not taken much damage and has never been knocked out. Don Julio has a lot of heart and can really scrap; so this one is the favourite for Fight of the Night for me.

Prediction: They will go at it in the first round and they will both land big shots; neither fighter having a significant advantage. It is a very tough one to call but Corozzo has the edge; he has only ever lost twice and it is hard to see a way that Don Julio can convincingly win the fight. Corozzo also has a highly touted new manager, who will bring him back to his winning ways. He will keep Julio at the end of his punches and will land big shots towards the back end of the second round. He will not hesitate and will give Julio his first stoppage loss at SPFT.

Corozzo by TKO (Round 2)

Simon Morgan (177080) vs Juan Cabrillo (146585)

Analysis: Another rematch here between two of the better Welterweights in the division; Juan Cabrillo and Simon Morgan are quite evenly matched. Even though Morgan won the first fight with his superior stand up; Cabrillo had his moments and was able to take Morgan down; he just wasn’t able to hold him there for very long. The next fight will be similar tactically with Morgan trying to repeat the anti-wrestling; escape-based performance of last time and Cabrillo trying to adjust in a way that allows him to make those takedowns count. It will be a very hotly contested fight; it won’t be the most exciting fight on the card but it will be so close that you won’t be able to take your eyes off of it.

Prediction: As with a lot of rematches; the guy who lost the first fight has the advantage; Juan Cabrillo knows what he has to do differently to win this fight; and Morgan does not know what Cabrillo will be doing differently. Cabrillo will pace himself better; getting a few shots in in the striking portion of the fight. His pace will be more consistent and this will allow himself to score takedowns consistently. Morgan will escape a few but not all. Cabrillo will use his wrestling to grind out a razor thin split decision here; with Morgan still getting slightly the better of the stand up.

Cabrillo by Split Decision (Round 3)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: William King (235719) vs Tural Agaev (242780)

Analysis: The highly anticipated bout for the vacant heavyweight belt is finally coming to fruition in a matchup between two warriors. Tural Agaev is a fighter still in his prime and has had numerous experience in SPFT. He deserves this shot and he is rightfully getting it. Putting William King in this matchup was questionable, especially considering that he is on a 4 fight losing streak; however the strange thing is, he does have a very good chance of winning this matchup. Both guys are knockout artists primarily; so it should be a stand up affair; with Agaev looking to mix in the odd takedown or two. King used to be an excellent wrestler in his own right, but his recent performances lead me to believe he will be trying to keep the fight standing here.

Prediction: These two both have phenomenal gas tanks; so how long the fight goes will not play a particularly big part in how these two perform. Despite King having a black belt in BJJ there will be no submission here; neither man has ever been submitted. This leaves us with a much closer fight than people might think; but don’t be misled by King’s shambolic recent record or the fact that he didn’t particularly deserve the title shot. Recent fights show Agaev as the more versatile fighter; and that’s what we will see, he will be more willing to mix it up and he will use strikes and takedowns to take the first two rounds. He will need to watch for King’s sweeps on the ground but I don’t see them being too much of a problem here. What is a problem though; is King’s proven ability to come from behind and Agaev having been knocked out 5 times. After being controlled in the first 2 rounds. The former Meth Cook will catch Agaev with a big shot in the third frame before following up with some big ground and pound to snap his losing streak and win a title in the process; can’t be bad!

King by TKO (Round 3)

Thanks for reading my predictions; don’t forget to look at the review where we find out how right (or wrong) I was.

By

Chael Mir

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

SP ICON: The King is Back Preview and Predictions:

(Full fight card on company website)

Prelims:

Mark Coleman vs Erkki Elastinen:

Prediction: Elastinen via Submission (Round 2)

Sean Juan vs Asa Sharp:

Prediction: Sharp via unanimous decision

Ceasar Morgan vs Steven Stark:

Prediction: Stark via KO (Round 1)

David Wuzz vs Onizuka Streseman:

Prediction: Streseman via Unanimous Decision

Bear Stephenson vs Ryan Hopkins:

Hopkins via Unanimous Decision

Main Card:

Heinz Doofenshmirtz vs Mark Avreli

Analysis: This is a rematch of two fighters who both have the capability to step up to heavyweight contention with a win; it has not been an easy ride for either of them as of late. Avreli; despite his talents, has not yet registered a win under the Steel Penn – ICON banner despite his talents. Meanwhile Doofenshmirtz has gone 1-1 since the last meeting between the pair; meaning that on paper there is not an awful lot to gain from fighting Avreli who is on a 3 fight losing streak. This fight is likely to be contested mainly on the feet; with Doofenshmirtz taking a submission win last time; but Avreli being the better wrestler, so he will likely choose the sprawl and brawl approach here, as he is also the more powerful striker of the two.

Prediction: Doofenshmirtz’s win last time by triangle choke; whilst quite possibly being an anomaly; will deter Avreli; from his favoured takedown-heavy approach. Avreli may mix in the odd takedown, but Doofenshmirtz will defend well enough on the ground to avoid being finished there. On the feet, look for a tactical chess match, with Doofenshmirtz’s higher mobility and volume eventually winning out against Avreli’s superior power.

Doofenshmirtz via Unanimous Decision

Zoe Harris vs Cameron Poe

Analysis: Two exciting debutants of Steel Penn – ICON will go up against each other in this Welterweight bout. Both are looking to add a new chapter to their career in the organisation, and this fight is a great opportunity for both of them to make a start on that. For Zoe Harris; formerly ranked in the top 500 P4P in the world, he could catapult back up the rankings and open up some great opportunities with a win. For Cameron Poe; it is a chance to make an impression in a new organisation with what would be the biggest win of his career.

Prediction: These two both prefer the stand up over the ground game so this one will be contested at kickboxing range. Poe’s best chance is to take this to the clinch; where his punching power may be most damaging, Harris has lost fights there before. Harris will be looking to do what he does best; out strike his opponent and avoid any serious damage. Harris’ chin is questionable at this point, and Poe has a real puncher’s chance, but he just hasn’t beaten anyone of a high enough calibre to convince me he takes this fight. Poe will get his licks in, landing a few good shots; but in the end the more experienced Harris will jab, cross, stick and move his way to a relatively comfortable decision.

Harris via Unanimous Decision

Gerard Esqueda vs Alexandr Kusnetsov

Analysis: It looked like it was the end for Gerard Esqueda; he was released by Synchronicity and by his manager after dropping three fights in a row. However; he has turned it around, rattling off 3 wins consecutively in his time with SP ICON so far. Alexandr Kusnetsov; whilst his level of competition has been higher; his results have been underwhelming winning only one of his last 5 since joining the organisation. At 27 years old; he will believe he has many good years left in him and will believe himself capable of beating his 38 year old opponent. Kusnetov has been a knockout or bust type of fighter for most of his career; while Esqueda tends to grind opponents out with his defensive striking and potent wrestling game.

Prediction: Now whilst Esqueda is older; he has also faced better competition, not in SP ICON, but over the course of his career. Being 38, his best days may be slightly behind him; but he has not reached the point where his chin evaporates every time he gets hit; and it will serve him well here. Kusnetsov will come out looking for the KO, and the young bull will connect with some good shots, but it will not be enough. In the second frame; having weathered a bit of a storm, the savvy fox will outsmart the young bull and will take the fight to where he is more comfortable, the ground game. From here Esqueda will proceed to ground and pound Kusnetov out to prove he still has something left in the tank.

Ezqueda via TKO (Round 2)

Finn Balor vs Bruce Armstrong

Analysis: Finn Balor has really hit his stride lately since losing to now champion in the division Eliah Marshal. He has won six of his last seven since that loss, and now attempts to avenge a loss to an old foe in submission machine Bruce Armstrong, who has just suffered a defeat to Marshal himself. In the first fight; in a surprising turn of events, Balor initiated the grappling exchange that ultimately led to his defeat, taking Armstrong down and tapping out just over a minute later. It will be interesting to see what both men do differently this time round. Armstrong faces limbo at the moment having suffered two losses to the current champion, so therefore must win to stay relevant in the division. Finn Balor will likely have done enough to earn a rematch with Marshal and a title shot in the process should he be victorious.

Prediction: Armstrong is perhaps the best pure grappler in the division; his penchant for submission victories is refreshing in a world seemingly increasingly revolving around anti-wrestling. However; I don’t see him getting it done here; it is simply not his time, Finn Balor is finding his groove and at 36 years of age this may be his last run at winning a major belt. Bruce Armstrong is not under those kind of time constraints at 29 years old, which will mean that Balor just wants it a just that little bit more on fight night, and it will show. He will fight smarter; stuff the takedowns and get Armstrong out of there a couple of minutes in.

Balor via KO (Round 1)

Main Event: William King vs Dom Diego

Analysis: Steel Penn – ICON have tried to generate more interest in their heavyweight division by moving established Light Heavyweight Dom Diego up a weight to challenge the newly crowned champion William King. It is certainly an interesting matchup, King is still a bundle of unfulfilled potential who has the heart and the punching power to be one of the most exciting and marketable heavyweight champions in the game. Dom Diego has got an extremely impressive record and it is a shame that he has not fought more. Due to some strange management early in his career, he was only fighting twice in a year which robbed him of an amazing career which he may have had. Championship gold has so far eluded Diego and he will be hungry to snatch it from the younger King’s grasp. King on the other hand will be equally as hungry to prove that he is deserving of the bout after he won the belt because of a cut to his opponent; unfortunate. Both these guys can crack; with Dom Diego also liking his takedowns and ground and pound.

Prediction: Both of these guys have power; but most of Diego’s knockouts have come at Light heavyweight; King’s chin should be able to hold up. Diego will most likely get takedowns and get the better of a couple of rounds, but King’s cardio and finishing ability will eventually be the difference. King is no stranger to winning fights he has been dominated in, and I’m gonna say he continues the trend here. After losing a couple of rounds, he will start to test Diego’s chin as the older man starts to tire. He will catch him late on in the fight to put a feather in his cap and a will add a very credible first title defence to his championship reign.

King via TKO (Round 4)

By Chael Mir

• Upvote 1

SP ICON: Hoo V.S. Adams Preview and Predictions

For full fight card see the Steel Penn - ICON official page: http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=2905

Prelims:

Danny Mangold vs Kevin Raybould

Prediction: Mangold via Submission (Round 1)

Darwin Strapp vs Lionel Santos

Prediction: Santos via Unanimous Decision

Arvo Laar vs Don T. Bill

Prediction: Bill via Submission (Round 2)

Ruslan Mstislav Volkov vs Wedge Xiii

Prediction: Volkov via Unanimous Decision

Wooden Pencil vs Hank Armtrong

Prediction: Pencil via KO (Round 1)

Main Card:

The Steel Penn vs Mr Ward

Analysis:

Two ground guys who both have the same manager. Steel Penn has the better stand up, but it’d be a shame if this fight didn’t end up on this ground. Steel Penn is more experienced and has been fighting in SP – ICON for longer, however; Mr Ward is an exciting prospect with unbelievably good ground skills. This one depends almost completely on Steel Penn’s strategy. There isn’t a whole load of divisional relevance but it will sure as hell be fun!

Prediction:

Steel Penn has much better standup and may choose this avenue for victory; however the tendency of both of these guys will lead to a war of jiu jitsu on the ground. As a rare red belt at only 25 years of age; you simply have to give Mr Ward the advantage in those circumstances. After a war of attrition on the ground, he hands Steel Penn a first career loss by submission.

Mr Ward via Submission (Round 2)

Keni Susi vs Sutter Cane

Analysis:

The old guard vs the new blood; Sutter Cane; although 28 years of age, should still be regarded as a prospect because of how few fights he has actually had in MMA. He is an excellent anti-wrestler, extremely hard to take down, he is extremely well conditioned and he can punch very hard for a featherweight too. Susi on the other hand; is a veteran of MMA at 45 years of age, this will be his 80th professional MMA fight. He will be hoping to put the upstart Cane in his place; after Cane exploded onto the SP ICON scene with a KO of Wedge Xiii. In order to do so, he has to find a way to put Cane on his back and work his favoured jiu jitsu game against his less experienced opponent. Cane must look to avoid the ground game completely if he wants to keep his impressive undefeated record intact.

Prediction:

Susi is still a tough out for a lot of fighters and this fight will be all him if it gets to the ground; but I don’t think it will. I think the young gun Cane plays it safe, stays away from the grappling and gets the better of the striking pretty easily, en-route to a comfortable decision win which once again shows Susi’s limitations in the modern MMA world, and puts Cane one more step up the divisional ladder.

Cane via Unanimous Decision

Pikku Nilkki vs Danny White

Analysis:

This is a pretty difficult fight to call as both guys are in a pretty good spot in the division. White has just bounced back convincingly from a two fight losing streak and Nilkki is on a nifty little 4 fight winning streak. Stylistically this is a prototypical “Striker vs Grappler” matchup. Nilkki wins most fights by knockout whereas White is a more grappling orientated fighter; although he has improved his striking quite a lot over the years. White is a fair bit more experienced; despite having a worse record than Nilkki so it will be interesting to see how their tactical approaches work against each other. Expect a cat and mouse chess match here.

Prediction:

I predict a slow tentative first round with each guy trying to figure out what the other one will try to do. Nilkki may be able to frustrate White with his striking early on but I have to go with White here. He has wins over far better competition; including Finn Balor, who is now likely no.1 contender to the belt in a stacked 145lb division. After a close first round; White takes the fight into his abode, gets the tap as he is so accustomed to doing and gives us another hilariously entertaining post fight interview.

White via Submission (Round 2)

Kyle Collins vs Jimmy James

Analysis:

A rematch that nobody really understands between Kyle Collins; who is in his prime, and Jimmy James, who is not. Both of their last fights were against each other so we can’t expect that too much has changed in between the time they last fought and now. James is riding a four fight losing streak; and at 39 years old there can’t be a lot left for him in the world of MMA. On the other hand; Collins is on a good run and another win over James should give him a fight of a bit more divisional relevance.

Prediction:

I don’t see enough major differences from last time to predict a different outcome. The end will happen quicker this time; because Collins will have more of a stand up game plan than last time. Look for Collins to impose his will early and put the old man out without much of an issue.

Collins via KO (Round 1)

Kimroy Hoo vs JR Adams

Analysis:

In the 185lb division; we have a potential title contender fight in the main event; between JR Adams; who just fought for the belt and Kimroy Hoo, who is on a two fight win streak and has a penchant for knocking guys out. Adams is more of a ground fighter, a submission artist who is also strong, fast and athletic. Wrestling and anti-wrestling will be key to the outcome of this matchup. JR Adams could put himself right back in the mix with a win; while Hoo will be thinking that if he can win convincingly over the guy who last fought for the belt, that he will get the next crack at Jangles.

Prediction:

Now most will be thinking that this will either end by knockout or submission, but these are two durable well rounded guys with very good conditioning. Both of them are also competent in the other one’s strongest suit. Adams has pretty decent striking whilst Hoo is a brown belt on the ground who has never been submitted; this is a close fight. I believe it goes the distance. I think they will both take a couple of rounds each with Hoo doing just enough and landing some big shots at the end to score a razor thin decision victory which may be debated for some time.

Hoo via Split Decision

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

SP-ICON Welterweight Tournament Preview and Predictions:

Full fight card can be found at: http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=858312

Prelims:

Crash Course vs Freddy Steel:

Prediction:

Freddy Steel via KO (Round 1)

Joey Nix vs Max Kaz

Prediction:

Max Kaz via TKO (Round 1)

Axl Rose vs Tyson Pain

Prediction:

Axl Rose via TKO (Round 2)

Hugo Lewis vs Allen Robinson

Prediction:

Allen Robinson via TKO (Round 1)

The Steel Penn Alliance vs Guywaun Lopez Lopez

Prediction:

Lopez Lopez via TKO (Round 2)

MAIN CARD:

Don Julio vs Tommy Lynch

Analysis:

Two guys coming off losses; however one needs a win to stay relevant (Lynch) and the other (Julio) needs a win to stay in the mix for a title shot once the Welterweight tournament is over. Lynch has will be looking to use his superior wrestling to win a decision here, whereas Julio will be looking to win convincingly and skyrocket himself right back into the title picture. Both guys have a good gas tank and will be ready to go hard, it should be a very interesting fight.

Prediction:

Tommy Lynch has a lot of promise, he is talented and still only 26; but he has a very tall order in front of him here. Don Julio has been around for a while; he is very experienced and is one of the better fighters in the division. Don Julio just has a better skillset at this point; Lynch’s only chance is to use his wrestling to grind out a decision; it is hard to imagine him submitting Julio. I think Julio will use his superior boxing to outwork Lynch and will frustrate him by thwarting most of Lynch’s takedown attempts. He will pick Lynch apart and eventually finish him late on.

Don Julio via TKO (Round 3)

Juan Corrida vs Rami Harris

Analysis:

Two pretty well rounded fighters who have no particular speciality. Corrida is the “Openweight” champion so to speak and has been fighting and beating some big guys recently. Harris has been fighting the best of the best recently and he has struggled, coming off of a 3 fight win streak. He will feel hard done by not to still be in the welterweight tournament, after dropping a razor thin split decision to semi-finalist Tourney Champ. As the younger fighter; Harris has more of a future in the sport than his opponent, however; Corrida has not lost a step yet and is still in the top 200 in the world. At 40 years of age; he will be looking to make his own mark on his natural weight division.

Prediction:

This will be well contested in all areas; neither of these guys runs away with the fight in any singular area. I will go with Corrida as he has a slight advantage in all areas. I think the striking will be close with Corrida getting a slight edge. Corrida will then mix up some clinch or some takedowns to solidify his control on the action. Corrida will win all three rounds by a narrow margin. Harris will be competitive, but he just doesn’t have enough in his locker to do something which will swing this in his favour. Corrida has a much better record and slightly better skills, regardless of his age. He takes this in a clean sweep.

Juan Corrida via Unanimous decision

Salvatore Corozzo vs Juan Cabrillo

Analysis:

A veteran of SP ICON; Juan Cabrillo looks to test his wits and skills against resurgent Welterweight beast Salvatore Corozzo. Corozzo beat Don Julio in dominant fashion; without a doubt the most impressive performance of the first round; quite possibly making him the odds on favourite to be the next welterweight champion. Cabrillo also had a very impressive performance, taking a clear cut decision in a rematch against Simon Morgan. The grappling in this fight is pretty evenly matched, with Cabrillo more likely to try to turn it into a grappling match, due to Corozzo possessing better power and overall striking ability.

Prediction:

Cabrillo is a tough fight for anybody, and he will be a tough fight for Salvatore Corozzo. That being said; I just can’t bet against Corozzo here; his win against Don Julio was so impressive, he just looks on another level at the moment. He will pepper Cabrillo with strikes for three rounds, and will defend enough of the takedown attempts to win a clear cut decision. Cabrillo is impressive and will make it competitive; but I don’t see him troubling Corozzo here.

Salvatore Corozzo via Unanimous Decision

Alex Mercer vs Tourney Champ

Analysis:

This is an interesting fight; as both guys have only had one fight in SP ICON thus far. This was in the first round of this same Welterweight Tournament; where both guys came away looking pretty good. Alex Mercer knocked out Max Kaz, who is known by SP ICON fans for his ability to both hit hard and to take one hell of a shot. Mercer played a blinder there. Tourney Champ came through by a split decision against SP – ICON veteran Rami Harris. It may have been close; but most people (myself included) expected Harris to outclass Tourney Champ. It is an impressive win for the 26 year old who hopefully has a long and interesting career to look forward to with SP – ICON.

Prediction:

Tourney Champ is a fresh and exciting prospect in the division; he has many good years in the sport ahead of him as he enters his prime. However; as exciting as he may be; he simply does not have enough to trouble Mercer here. Mercer is better in every area; and will keep the fight standing as he always likes to do. He will dominate the first round of action culminating with a knockout late in that same frame.

Alex Mercer via KO (Round 1)

Simon Morgan vs Gray Vick

Analysis:

Very confusing to have this as the main event; it does not have any of the implications of either of the semi-finals of the Welterweight Tournament. Gray Vick is a debutant at SP – ICON; and has been alternating wins with losses in his last few fights. Simon Morgan has a good overall record in SP – ICON and would be considered pretty experienced in the promotion; however he has lost his last two, and has not looked good in either of them, he will be hoping to rebound here.

Prediction:

This is a simple striker vs grappler matchup. Vick will try to lure the fight into his favourite area; the ground game, where he submits most of the people who end up there with him. Morgan will try to do what he always does; defend takedowns, score strikes, win by decision. In the modern world of MMA, most people give the striker (Morgan) the advantage in this situation. However, I am going to be bold and say that due to Vick being closer to his prime and having a slightly better recent run in MMA, he will pull guard and submit Morgan in the first frame.

Gray Vick via Submission (Round 1)

SP-ICON: MARSHAL VS ONCHOOTO Preview and Predictions

The full fight card can be found here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=858832

Welcome to the preview of an incredible event. Since I joined Steel Penn – ICON two months ago as the interview writer, this is by far the best, most stacked event they have produced and I would like to produce a preview worthy of that billing. It will be the same structure as always; with the result predictions for the prelims, and then a little bit of analysis followed by what I think will happen in the fight. This main event is sure to produce fireworks; the rest of the card will do likewise. Here we go with some quick-fire Prelim predictions:

Prelims:

Red Belt vs Kuula Natsi

Natsi via Submission (Round 1)

Brett Helix vs Greg Dellaria

Helix via TKO (Round 2)

Gordan Lamond vs Giovanni Muratore

Lamond via Unanimous Decision

Dave Klincko vs Nir Sosa

Sosa via Unanimous Decision

Danjie Mercado vs Jeremy Pettis

Pettis via TKO (Round 1)

Main Card:

K.J Choi vs Tural Agaev

Analysis:

We kick off the main card with an exciting battle of two of the top heavyweights in the organisation, great matchmaking to start the card with a bang here. K.J Choi; at 40 years of age, is considered by many to be past his prime. These arguments have weight as he hasn’t fought for a belt in any organisation in years. However, he is coming off of two impressive first round stoppages, and with a win over former two time championship contender Tural Agaev, his stock could rise higher than it has in years, and he could put his name right in the mix as a contender in an exciting but shallow Heavyweight Division.

Tural Agaev is a stud; unfortunately, he is a stud that gets cut a hell of a lot. If he could stop getting cut, he could well have been a two time champion rather than contender. He will be out to make a statement here; he is frustrated as he just fought for the title, and probably feels he could have continued despite being stopped on his cut, he will look to win this fight decisively and ferociously.

Prediction:

K.J Choi’s best chance here is the same route to victory which he pretty much always tries to take. If he can take Agaev down and open up a cut with his ground and pound, he may be able to force a stoppage by way of cut; a proven path to victory against Agaev. However; Agaev has power; he is angry and he is out to prove a point. All of this spells trouble for Choi; whose chin has never looked particularly convincing, even in his prime. Tural Agaev will come out swinging and will finish Choi with a barrage of vicious strikes. It will be quick; it will be brutal and it will be awesome!

Agaev via TKO (Round 1)

Bach Schtrappe vs Ingemar Anders

Analysis:

Our next fight features a former two division champion; as Ingemar Anders looks to continue his forward momentum at 155lb after narrowly edging fellow veteran Alexandr Kuznetsov in a close decision last time out. Looking like he still has it, Anders will look to take one more step in his climb back to the summit of SP – ICON, with another workmanlike performance.

Bach Schtrappe is looking really dangerous recently; going 4-1 from his last 5; and all four of those fights were finishes. He is starting to make his mark on SP – ICON, and has the opportunity to do it in quite possibly the biggest challenge of his career. If he can find a way to finish; or even defeat Ingemar Anders; his career will be set alight in a huge way. He must create chaos in the cage if he wants to win this fight; with his opponent a scrappy matador with a penchant for winning decisions.

Prediction:

Not the most even fight in the world on paper, but it should make for a fun little scrap; with both fighters carrying confidence and momentum into the bout. Bach Schtrappe has a real opportunity here, beating a two division champion would be great for his career, and he does have finishing ability; but unfortunately Ingemar Anders is very tough to finish. Bach Shctrapppe will give as good as he gets in this fight; forcing his way into the pocket and landing big shots, however, Anders will be able to control the pace of the fight for the most part. His volume will ensure he wins the majority of exchanges, and proves just how much title experience counts for in a clear cut decision win.

Ingemar Anders via Unanimous Decision

Cletus Landry vs Johnny Unkown

Analysis:

This fight is a very interesting striker vs grappler matchup. Johnny Unkown is all about Jiu Jitsu; whereas Landry is a striker with both power and point fighting abilities. Unkown is a former world champion at SP-ICON and would likely be the bookmakers’ favourite. His submissions are straight up deadly; he submitted Danjie Mercado, an excellent grappler in his own right; on two separate occasions, once to defend his Bantamweight Title when he was the champion. He will definitely be looking to make it a quick night against Landry, with an early takedown and submission to put himself back in title contention.

Landry on the other hand; is a talented fighter by all accounts. He has only just joined SP-ICON; defeating Mercado by Unanimous Decision. He will be looking to finally hit his stride with some consistency; in a career where he has often alternated wins and losses going from the sublime to the ridiculous. He will be looking to thwart the takedowns of Unkown and escape to his feet when he is taken down, as he has a very clear advantage in the striking here. It is a great opportunity for Landry to score arguably the most significant win of his career.

Prediction:

It may be a bold move; but I will go with the perceived underdog in this fight. Johnny Unkown is a great grappler and a very relevant fighter in the 135lb division. However; stylistically this is a very tough fight for him. Cletus Landry has excellent takedown defence and very strong escapes, this will make it tough for Johnny Unknown to take him down, and hold him down long enough to submit him. Cletus Landry will play it safe on the feet; landing accurate shots; slamming leg kicks into Unknowns thighs, and he will make himself very hard to takedown and submit. He will win a dominant decision and put himself right up there in the Bantamweight Division.

Landry via Unanimous Decision

Noel Contemprato vs Lamont Sanford

Analysis:

A title fight here between two guys in completely different places. An innovative way for SP-ICON to get Lamont Sanford into a fight in a big event before lining up a possible super fight. We will see what happens. Sanford is an incredible champion and one of the best P4P fighters at SP-ICON who always finds a way to hold onto his belt. He has not lost for 8 fights and has basically cleared the division. He will be a big favourite in this matchup; he will look to use his striking and his gas tank to go hard and dominate the fight for as long as he needs to.

Contemprato has not fought at Lightweight for quite some time. He has been fighting at Openweight; where he did actually win the belt, and has fought fighters who have outweighed him considerably. He has been put back to Lightweight in light of the recent changes to the SP-ICON organisation. His style is similar to Sanford’s; he is an anti-wrestler, although he puts slightly more emphasis on the finish; having finished some guys that are quite a lot bigger than him. He will look to use this to his advantage and try to test the chin of his opponent.

Prediction:

Both men have phenomenal chins; Lamont Sanford has only lost by TKO once, and that was in his first ever MMA fight. Noel Contemprato has taken shots from heavier men and managed to come out with his consciousness intact; Sanford’s power will not trouble him. However; this fight is a mismatch skill-wise. Contemprato has not won a fight at Lightweight since before he was 40 years old. This will not be close. Lamont Sanford will put the volume on Contemprato and will win dominantly; he will not lose a round. He will not get caught by a big shot, he has an excellent chin and will not get hit much. Another dominant win for the champion; let’s hope an interesting super fight can be found for him afterwards.

Sanford via Unanimous Decision

Eliah Marshal vs Moses Onchooto

Analysis:

What a fight! Our main event is a fight which could truly go either way, a true super fight within the organisation, of which there will hopefully be many more. Both the champions of their respective divisions; Marshal will look to make his most impressive title defence yet; where Moses Onchooto will be looking to unify the belts and become a two division champion.

Moses Onchooto is the smaller man coming in; however, he has serious power in his hands; feet elbows and knees. He has shown some vulnerability to submissions; however that probably won’t be a factor in this fight as Marshal is more interested in the striking game. Onchooto’s game is fast and explosive; he is very dangerous both from distance and in the clinch; where his knees and elbows really do a number on opponents. His striking defence has also improved exponentially as of late and his gas tank should allow him to go five rounds without a problem.

Eliah Marshal has established himself as one of the most dominant champions at SP-ICON; and you sense he may be on the cusp of being world renowned for his performances as a Featherweight; already ranked in the top ten of his weight class. He has been undefeated in all but one fight in SP-ICON; which was a contentious decision against Andr De Fran; a top class fighter in his heyday. Marshal seems to really have come into his own recently; his style is a little more straight forward than Onchooto’s, as he relies on strong takedown defence and excellent boxing, combined with good work in the clinch to dismantle his opposition. Marshal will be trying to use his size advantage, which will almost certainly give him an advantage in the clinch, a big area in this fight.

Prediction:

This is so evenly matched that I have been flip-flopping between both for quite some time, I feel like I may eat my words whoever I pick here. Marshal has to be the slight favourite due to his size and superior record in SP-ICON, however Onchooto is a slightly more creative fighter with his strikes; he throws more kicks and may have a slight speed advantage, which will give him the advantage at range. I think Marshal will be trying to wear Onchooto down in the clinch; won’t be landing a whole lot of clean shots but will be controlling, which will win a couple of rounds. However I believe Onchooto’s striking will come into play; he will rock Marshal late on, and whilst he won’t finish him; he will do enough to make an impression on the judges over Marshal’s likely more controlling game plan. It will be controversial, but the belts will be unified in a tremendous fight, and there will likely be calls for a rematch.

Onchooto via Split Decision to become the new Featherweight Champion

Thank you all for reading; and I look forward to providing more previews like this one once we are done with this mega event, feel free to let me know your thoughts. And PM me if you would like an interview for your fighter(s).

Chael Mir

• 2 weeks later...

SP-ICON: Kingdom Come Preview and Predictions:

Full fight card here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=859364

Prelims:

Bob Backlund vs Hendo Riggs

Riggs via TKO (Round 1)

Malachi Leatherwood vs Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Doofenshmirtz via Submission (Round 2)

Nick Evans vs Ceasar Morgan

Evans via Unanimous Decision

Ruarc Harris vs Edwin Jordan

Jordan via TKO (Round 3)

Alexandr Kuznetsov vs Asa Sharp

Kuznetsov via Unanimous Decision

Main Card:

Gerard Esqueda vs Ryan Hopkins

Analysis:

A close fight on paper between two guys whose very best days may well be behind them; however both have something left in the tank still. Esqueda is currently on a four fight winning streak since arriving at SP – ICON; using his versatility to mix his striking with takedowns nicely.

Ryan Hopkins is a very solid fighter as well; even at 35 years old. He has excellent striking and decent anti-wrestling abilities. He has beaten former SP-ICON Lightweight Champion Bear Stevenson twice; and Bear has only tended to lose to very good fighters.

Prediction:

Interesting stylistic matchup and a tough one to call. Hopkins is on a decent run but I don’t see him beating Esqueda here. It will be competitive but Esqueda will score points on the feet and will mix this up with landing the odd takedown. Ultimately I am picking Esqueda because his game is just a little more well-rounded; and neither fighter has massive finishing ability, nor are they easy to finish, so it will go the distance in a tensely close affair.

Esqueda via Unanimous Decision

Mark Coleman Jr vs Sean Richards

Analysis:

This is a matchup between two Bantamweights trying to really put a stamp on the division. Sean Richards won the first fight between the two; where Coleman tapped out to strikes. It may be smart money to say that a similar outcome happens again. Sean Richards is younger and he is by far the better striker. Coleman must adapt and use his wrestling more efficiently if he is to win this fight. It will be interesting to see how the fight plays out; with most people expecting to see Coleman blown out the water again, however he has the advantage of losing the first fight; he knows he must do something differently.

Prediction:

There is a big temptation to go with Sean Richards here; based on the age difference and how quickly and decisively he won the first fight. He does have vastly better striking. However; there is one key factor. Coleman didn’t shoot in for a single takedown in their last fight; surely this will not happen again. His takedowns and ground and pound are his bread and butter; and takedown defence also happens to be a weakness for Sean Richards. Look for Coleman to try to drag the fight to the ground at all costs. He will score three takedowns; he will win three rounds.

Coleman via Unanimous Decision

Bruce Armstrong vs Steven Stark

Analysis:

A matchup in the infamous Featherweight Division of SP-ICON between two fighters in the upper mid-tier of the division. Armstrong is a one dimensional submission artist; where Stark is a pretty versatile fighter; winning fights in many different ways. Armstrong is coming off of two losses; however they were to the top fighters in the division, so he still has plenty to offer the sport as a fighter. Steven Stark is coming off of an impressive knockout of Caesar Morgan. He has a couple of submission wins; but he will be looking to keep this one standing; as striking is his opponent’s weakest area.

Prediction:

Quite tough to pick, but I will go with Stark as he is just a slightly better fighter, it is quite simple. Stark will light Armstrong up on the feet. It will not be close. Armstrong may get the odd takedown along the way, but Stark is a black belt; he will not get submitted by Armstrong, he will use his own ground game to threaten from the bottom and escape back to his feet. He will finish Bruce Armstrong late on.

Steven Stark via TKO (Round 3)

Dom Diego vs William King

Analysis:

This is quite a sad rematch; and one that speaks volumes to the depth or lack thereof in the Heavyweight Division of SP-ICON. Unfortunately there are not too many fighters who are available and willing in the current state of MMA. SP ICON will be hoping they can use their recent acquisitions at lower weights to spur some movement at Heavyweight where they are now short. This rematch is mildly interesting because Dom Diego is such a savvy veteran, although he did not fare too well last time out. William King is a beast; he has striking skills and knockout power. He will be looking to repeat his performance against Dom Diego the first time, where he stopped him in the second round in a dominant showing.

Prediction:

Dom Diego just has to do something differently this time. Whether it’s swing for the fences, go for relentless takedowns or even pull guard. He has been a great fighter, but at his age; his once great chin simply won’t hold up to King’s savage power. I don’t see any other outcome than another violent stoppage, but it will be sooner this time.

King via KO (Round 1)

Ian Smith vs David Wuzz

Analysis:

A striker vs grappler matchup to decide who will be the next champion at 205lb. The title is vacant and has left SP-ICON with another thin division. Both of these men have alternated wins since arriving at SP-ICON. It is not an awe-inspiring matchup name wise. But it is intriguing stylistically; can Ian Smith score another knockout win or can Wuzz find a way to force this one to the ground, and submit his less mat-skilled opponent.

Prediction:

The smart money is on Smith here, and for good reason. He has proven capable of anti-wrestling and is a very prolific knockout artist. This on paper would spell trouble for Wuzz’s jiu jitsu reliant style. However; I’m going with the underdog here; Wuzz knows he has no chance standing, and I think he will be so relentless in his pursuit of the ground game, that Smith will have no means of stopping it. If Wuzz has to pull guard he will, but his ground game is on another level and he will get the tap early in this one.

Wuzz via Submission (Round 1)

Hey guys; it’s me Chael Mir hosting another edition of ICON Interviews! I’m extremely sorry for the wait but it’s definitely worth your while. Today we have the no.2 ranked Middleweight in the world; who is no.8 in the pound for pound list and he will be fighting at Steel Penn – ICON on May 21st against our very own middleweight Champion Lester Jangles in something of a super fight.

CM: Hey Viv what’s up? How is training going? Are you looking forward to the fight?

VR: Sup Chael? How’s the family?
Training has gone down great! I’m getting a little bit old so it’s hard to keep up the pace of the young ones. But I still kick their ass on a daily basis. They know I’m still the boss!
I’m looking for it like crazy! There’s been a while since my last fight and I’m going nuts. I want to pound someone so hard! I miss the taste of blood.

CM: What is your opinion of Steel Penn – ICON as an organisation and what is your opinion of Lester Jangles as an opponent?

VR: One of my former partners used to fight there. Pullo, remember him? He used to be SPI’s HW champion. It was a long time ago though. I don’t think you worked there by the time. Anyway, although he is no longer with us, I gave him a call the other day asking stuff about the org and he only told great things about it. This will be a great experience.
Lester will be a tough dude to crack. I know he was handpicked to fight me and I can’t let down the fans. I’m the favourite and I know the pressure is all on me. I hope I can do a great fight and come out victorious from this battle!

CM: I have heard of Pullo but unfortunately you are correct. I was not around whilst he was there. We are looking to bring other top talent to the org. What would you tell other top guys such as say… Donny Donowitz about SP-ICON?

Richards: Are you eyeing Donny? That would be a hell of an acquisition! But the guy is old. With so many merges going on, SPI has the potential to get a regular spot in the top 10. You should focus on guys who can make a name in the org and rise with them. So, if you are a guy looking to make a name for yourself, SPI is a great place to be!

CM: There have been talks; but I can’t go into detail about anything until we’ve got something concrete in place. Recruiting and developing young talent is something we like to do; however we are now at the stage where we want to recruit more marquee names such as yourself to the company. Alliances are now a big part of MMA, how does it feel to be representing a massive alliance like LOD as one of their greatest fighters? And how is old Mentor doing these days?

Richards: Too many people, can’t know everyone. Every now and then I face some other alliance member. I know a lot of them look up to me and I try to be an example to them. There is a lot of potential out there.
Regarding Mentor, never met him. I’ve seen him a couple of times in the gym talking to my manager but never stopped to talk to him. He is the one pulling us together and as it seems, he hasn’t slowed even a bit. Things are going great at LOD right now and that’s all up to the big boss.

CM: That’s good to know; it is one hell of an alliance, credit to Mentor to keep it going so long. With MMA, age is always a big question when it comes to top fighters, how much more damage can you take etc. You are a unique case because at 36 years old; not exactly young for a fighter, you haven’t had a whole lot of fights, so in fight years you may still be quite young. What’s your take on this? How much longer do you see yourself fighting for? What is left to accomplish in the career of Viv Richards?

Richards: I dropped my career for some time after my previous manager decided to leave. It was quite a bummer. But then Whymer invited me to join him. I took the challenge and have no regrets! I’m glad I could move on and I think I’m proving I’m capable.
Yet, unfortunately I’m not a kid anymore. Age brings wisdom but a lot of pain too. Sometimes it’s tough to get out of bed and spar with the rookies in the morning. It’s hard to keep up the pace. I have a big stack of painkillers at home and I need it quite frequently.
I won’t lie, retirement is not that far. I think I can push to 40 but it will depend on how much my body can take until then. The next generation is coming. My buddy Wein just won Syn’s MW tournament and become their champion. He will be carry on the torch for us one day.
There is a lot of buzz going around from the fans and the media wondering about a match between me and Todd. We have been swapping places as the best MW out there for a while. Is this fight will ever happen? Who knows?

CM: Let’s finish on a good one then so last question; you vs Lester Jangles. What’s the outcome? What method? What round? Let’s have a prediction from you.

Richards: (laughs) My friend, no spoilers here. My gameplan is between me and my manager. All can I say is that I see another win coming at my way. Lester is a great fighter and I’ll bet he will make it hard for me but at the end, the referee will be raising my hand!

CM: Ok Viv that concludes our time in this interview; thank you for your time and good luck on May 21st. Thank you to everybody who tuned in to this awesome edition. I’ve been Chael Mir interviewing the great Viv Richards. Make sure you tune in to his fight on May 21st at 6pm in HILO only at Steel Penn – ICON.

• 2 months later...

Our current orgs 2016 -

Rio - Steel Penn - ICON http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=133

Hilo - Steel Penn - ICON http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=2905

London - Underground - ICON http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=4572

Helsinki - Infinity - ICON (240K&260K) http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=3612

• Upvote 1

Our current list of united orgs 2016 -

Rio - Steel Penn - ICON http://www.mmatycoon...lic.php?oid=133

Hilo - Steel Penn - ICON http://www.mmatycoon...ic.php?oid=2905

London - Underground - ICON http://www.mmatycoon...ic.php?oid=4572

Helsinki - Infinity - ICON (240K&260K) http://www.mmatycoon...ic.php?oid=3612

Los Angeles - Revolution XC - ICON http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=4947

Who is next to join us?

• Upvote 2

ICON-ORGS

Rio - Steel Penn-ICON

Hilo - Steel Penn ICON

London - Underground - ICON

Helsinki - Infinity -ICON (240K&260K)

Los Angeles -Revolution XC - ICON

Las Vegas - Death Squad MMA-ICON

NEW YORK - Bare Knuckle Fisticuffs-ICON

Great work guys & gals. I can not wait till we are in every city. Fun times.