List your top 5 video games of all time

Lockdown

Theres too many to list, i forgot some of the more old school games i played but, in no particular order:

The Witcher 3 - imo game of the year, everything is really well done. Great game

Dragon Age Series - The story is great and engaging, the 2nd game wasnt great but i still enjoyed it a lot

Mass Effect Series - Hands down one of the best trilogy of games i have ever played

Total War - Never played the 1st Rome, but most of the games since then i have played. Mainly Shogun 2 and Rome 2 but they kept me occupied for hours on end.

Fallout 3 and Fallout NV - So much time spent on these games. Fallout 3 was the first massive open world game i really played, when you first come out of that vault it was scary :D. I think i spent more time playing NV than 3 but both are just as good imo

Honorable Mentions - Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight 2, Star Wars Dark forces 2. Age of Empires 2, Empire Earth, American Conquest, Command and Conquer: Generals, Pharaoh, Caesar 3. Lots of the older games on PC i spent my childhood playing :D and many more i have forgotten.

Oh FIFA.............your game is just as f'd up as your governing body. I've been so disappointed with the lack of attention towards the Online Pro Clubs and all of it's focus on Ultimate Team

Anyway, back on topic.......I am surprised to see so many WWF titles on here, but am I mad at myself for not thinking of them when I made my list. I owned every version all the way through Smackdown '09.

Side note: 2K, please stop trying with the new WWE games. Your graphics are terrible and you are lightyears behind the last game THQ and Yukes created.

I watched some gameplay of the 2k versions of the game, like breaking the tables and thought to myself "i am sure the old playstation 1 and 2 games were more realistic than this".

Fifa 09 was the introduction of Ultimate team and the game went downhill rapidly from there. Too much work went into that and the graphics and not enough into the game play. I swear you can pick up Fifa 08 and the gameplay mechanics are pretty much the same. Every time they tweak the in-game engine it just becomes even more awful. The AI is borderline retarded and the game itself turned into a money grabbing piece of shit. I remember in Fifa 10 there was a glitch that you could open free packs, we done that for a few weeks and then moved all the coins onto my main account, 2 days later they banned all accounts that had done it from Xbox. Was a very lucky break, for the rest of the season i had about 70mil coins and sold them off on ebay, made a fortune.

My mate had it, ECW was the shit back in the day, the game wasn't great but the barbed wire matches were pretty much the only reason to play it lol.

1. Zelda, A link to the past (Snes)

2. Diablo 1 & 2

3. Red Alert (Command & Conquer)

4. Original Sins: Divinity

5. Dragon Age: Origins

But I really need to have Quake 3 as part on this list but this game is so special to me. It's the best competative game I've ever played. No game has ever come close to Quake 3 and I don't know if any game ever will. The skill level required to become good at it is just too much and takes too much time for most to gain so a game of this caliber will never be able to gain a large player base. Kids today just want easy fast games. Preferably with cheat codes already loaded because losing is the end of life.

Fifa 09 was the introduction of Ultimate team and the game went downhill rapidly from there. Too much work went into that and the graphics and not enough into the game play. I swear you can pick up Fifa 08 and the gameplay mechanics are pretty much the same. Every time they tweak the in-game engine it just becomes even more awful. The AI is borderline retarded and the game itself turned into a money grabbing piece of shit.

Oh I know how bad it is. Unfortunately my friends and I still play Pro Clubs online and end up pissed off at the gameplay 9 times out of 10, but apparently we enjoy the punishment because we are right back on a few days later.

I never said I disliked it, just that that was the point where the genre switched ;)

Probably the difference between us is that I played the PC versions and you the PS ones. If I think a bit about it, it does make sense that the earlier versions were more suited to PC and the latter version more to consoles.

And man, I started thinking more and more about the earlier games that took most of my time back in the day and I just can't stop spewing out names of games that could make my top5.

other additions:

Falcon 3.0

Master of Magic

Age of Wonders series

Microprose F1GP (the first 2)

Need for Speed Porche.

Duke Nukem 3D

Actually good fucking call. I remember LOVING playing GTA 1 on a PC when I was younger in a mate's house. I have no idea of what the difference is but you gave me a random as hell flash back to when I was like 5 there haha.

Here's some other games of mine for the mix...

Need for Speed Underground

Tony Hawks Underground (God I hate you Eric Sparrow!)

WWF Attitude

Smackdown Here Comes The Pain

Streets of Rage

Golden Axe

Jurassic Park

Call of Duty 4

Conflict Desert Storm / Vietnam

Fight Night

The Sims on PS2 (The split screen 2 player one)

The Urbz

Kane and Lynch 1 online

Time Crisis (Still got my lightgun :D)

Anybody ever play Infocom games on DOS?

I'm barely old enough to remember DOS. I had one game and it was some sort of baseball manager game that I had no clue how to play. Keep in mind I was 9 or 10 at the time, so understanding DOS was like understanding an alien language.

idk if i can narrow it down to only 5, but some of my all time favs are:

MGS 3 (i haven't played 4 yet, but i bought the legacy edition so i'm getting to it)

MK2

soviet strike

forza horizon (i want to play part 2)

old school basketball games like for the NES when all you had was a pass button, a shoot button, and a steal button (not these new ones where idk wtf to do)

red dead redemption

splinter cell: conviction

the tomb raider reboot from a few years ago

GTA series (i started with part 3, but missed SA and VC. part 4 is my fav of the ones i've played)

far cry 3 (want to play part 4)

It's been a good 15 yrs since I played video games intensely,

apart from MMA Tycoon! and still occasionally Championship Manager 99/00 season and 00/01 season (the series got overly complicated after that. 00/01 is v similar to 99/00 but you can start with computer generated players, something that will only happen on 99/00 if you play until everyone original retires - about 20 seasons or so. Also you can edit the database.)

but from back in the day, I loved Mario Kart - only really the battle arenas, I felt almost invincible there, and Tony Hawks - whiled away some good hours designing my own skate parks.

I used to enjoy watching a friend of mine play the games like Quake and similar; he'd been a game tester on some of them so was shit hot at it.

Oh and Soul Caliber was pretty fun. Recently I've played Infinity Blade on the iPad, just purchased version 3 but haven't got round to starting it yet. Also on the iPad i've enjoyed Radiant Tower Defense and a bit of Osmos, The Room and Fruit Ninja.

Tony Hawks underground was so underrated. Whole game improved the franchise and was completely ruined by never-was-funny Bam Magera being a huge part of Underground 2. And then you get Project 8, an entire game where the goal was to get into Project 8, and then when you do, the game ends. What? And it might have been project 8 or a different one, but the one that claimed to eliminate loading screens (when in actuality it just froze the background).

Championship Manager 1999 was my introduction to that kind of franchise. I'd ALWAYS go Man United for some reason. Then in 2003 I got introduced to LMA and couldn't believe how great it was. About 2 years ago I stuck LMA 2004 back on and started a Celtic season. Bought all the 18 year old youngsters in the game like Adebayor and Iniesta haha. A 16 year old midfielder too called Aguero.

Yeah Tony Hawk's Underground was the shit. Ironically Need for Speed Underground was garbage compared to Hot Pursuit 2.

Manny, Manny, Manny. Once upon a time, I looked up to you. This guy tossing me insane amounts of money for every good joke I could tell in chat, it was looking so good between us. But now, now you've tarnished yourself by besmirching the good name that is Need for Speed Underground!

Underground was my favourite racing game since Riiiiiiiiiidge Racer. I'd only edge it to RR because you got to play Space Invaders during the loading screens and then they'd show up in the race.

• 4 weeks later...

1. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (n64)

2. Call of Duty 4 (360)

3. Elder Scrolls Skyrim (360)

4. Mario Kart Double Dash (Gamecube)

5. ESPN NFL 2k5 (Xbox)

I'm not a gamer at all but I've always had the PlayStation systems..

Favorite games ever are..

1. NHL 2014

2. NBA Live 2005 & 2008

3. MLB Live 2004(I think 2004)

4. UFC 3(with Pride in it)

5. Grid (racing game)

+1 NBA live 05', UFC 3

• Upvote 1

Although you're hipster enough for your selections, the use of the word "licensed" is the most hipsterish bit about here. You're like the guys who used to tell everyone that FIFA and Pro Evo was terrible and that This Is Football is the way to go :D

This Is Football was amazing. Two footed challenges, diving and plus you got to create your own manager character :D

This Is Football was amazing. Two footed challenges, diving and plus you got to create your own manager character :D

It was a solid alternative but was obviously not better. Although some school teams wouldnt go a miss in FIFA with jumpers as goal posts ahah. To be fair they're probably still more talented that woman's football.

5. Grid (racing game)

Probably one of the most underrated games I've ever played. I thought it was awesome!

Just got project CARS witch if you're considering buying you should.

Mine are:

1. FIFA SERIES - the game I've played the most over my life, can't not be top no matter how much it pisses me off sometimes

2. Canis Canem Edit - pure quality, rockstars best game just upon originality.

3. Destroy All Humans (ps2 not the new shitty one)

4. Football Superstars - not a great game but I racked up too many hours on it on steam alone to not count the bloody thing xD

5. Final Fantasy 13 - loved the free roaming during battles, get bored of turn based.

honourable mentions go to GTA, NBA 2k series and Football Manager

• 4 weeks later...