ITFL - International Team Fighting League Season 2

I'd like to take a second to thank everyone for a great regular season. I think it went very smoothly and everyone seemed to have a great deal of fun.

A special thanks to everyone who stuck with it despite struggling with their fighters. A classy and gutty performance from a few fellows in particular, I'm sure they know who they are.

Good luck to everyone who made the playoffs both individual and team.

Hope we see the vast majority of you back for season 3 if you have a fighter that meets the criteria. We'll start putting our heads together and making a decision on the season 3 weights and restriction soon.

• Upvote 3

Yea thanks guys. Sorry I've been sorta inactive. Just been really busy lately.

There will definitely be a season 3, most likely to start in April to early May. I will confirm the weight & ID later on. I was thinking bout 210K but looking at Blunts 217K guy I'm not sure by April he'd be ready & I'm doubting I get 40 guys right @ 210K so I may go like 195-200 to allow for some more growing room.
I know there are a few beasts like Badoyan & Croft as far as skills go but how are some of the rest of you doing? How much did every 2 weeks hinder your growth? Best to aim for same age range or slightly older? Any feedback is helpful

Yea thanks guys. Sorry I've been sorta inactive. Just been really busy lately.

There will definitely be a season 3, most likely to start in April to early May. I will confirm the weight & ID later on. I was thinking bout 210K but looking at Blunts 217K guy I'm not sure by April he'd be ready & I'm doubting I get 40 guys right @ 210K so I may go like 195-200 to allow for some more growing room.
I know there are a few beasts like Badoyan & Croft as far as skills go but how are some of the rest of you doing? How much did every 2 weeks hinder your growth? Best to aim for same age range or slightly older? Any feedback is helpful

It didn't really hinder much of the progress if anything it helped in parts. I'd go for 210k next season, 210k guys will be 22/23 by that time. Roughly that same as the guys that entered this one.

Skill wise i mean my guy had really just been training before this so he was pretty much ready to fight. Some guys i have been watching improve leaps and bounds over the time, Kints Kobashi has been one of the guys who has most impressed me. By the end of this he should be ready to go out and be a contender in a top org somewhere by May time.

My boy Kobashi is no KO monster and/or i suck at headhunting plus fought several granites, so it definitly slowered his progress bigtime, but it's not that i note that as some sort of negative factor which bothers me now, i mean i knew this from the beginning. It sorta got boosted by him being one of the youngest guys in the tourney... so i always had the feeling i'd have to catch up. The id restriction was well set imo, enough too allow a certain specialization but without causing too extreme matchups.

What really surpised me big time, i went freakin' 10-1 and the one loss came due to injury against a totally unhyped guy... and holy shit, how bad did this fuck my boy's hype, UNREAL - not sure but i think he ended up maybe gaining +33%, started here with solid h/p already. But i am really proud of the performance, so i am not whining here at all, it's just an interesting fact.

Many will laugh now, but if Kenta beats Borschev, i don't have to fear anyone in the individuals, neither Croft nor Badoyan. Wish i had more time for polishing his boxing, but hey, got his groundgame down for the longrun which had priority, he now just needs little finish post-ITFL. :training2:

I think next time the weight should be limited to a certain range and what i also would like to see, starting from semi finals, make it one pick after each other and not 1-2-2. And 16 days rythm.

My boy Kobashi is no KO monster and/or i suck at headhunting plus fought several granites, so it definitly slowered his progress bigtime, but it's not that i note that as some sort of negative factor which bothers me now, i mean i knew this from the beginning. It sorta got boosted by him being one of the youngest guys in the tourney... so i always had the feeling i'd have to catch up. The id restriction was well set imo, enough too allow a certain specialization but without causing too extreme matchups.

What really surpised me big time, i went freakin' 10-1 and the one loss came due to injury against a totally unhyped guy... and holy shit, how bad did this fuck my boy's hype, UNREAL - not sure but i think he ended up maybe gaining +33%, started here with solid h/p already. But i am really proud of the performance, so i am not whining here at all, it's just an interesting fact.

Many will laugh now, but if Kenta beats Borschev, i don't have to fear anyone in the individuals, neither Croft nor Badoyan. Wish i had more time for polishing his boxing, but hey, got his groundgame down for the longrun which had priority, he now just needs little finish post-ITFL. :training2:

I think next time the weight should be limited to a certain range and what i also would like to see, starting from semi finals, make it one pick after each other and not 1-2-2. And 16 days rythm.

Not taking anything negative at all Roger, it's best I know. Both of my guys were fine on skills but I could've had 2 fast learners. (they were both FA pick-ups so i dunno learning speed). I know both of Blunts guys were sorta under-skilled for it. But both were also 195K ID fighters which was 15K below the limit. So that's sorta why I was curious about this. Because if I made a 210K season then it's likely I would get something similar w/ 225K ID guys entering. Looking at my guys at that age there is no way in hell they'd be ready by May. They would be seriously under-skilled compared to where Blunts guys were for this season I think.

So I wasn't sure if I should have a lower ID just so that the guys who are below the limit are still up to par

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=212063

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=212167

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=212246

These would be ready to go in May - pretty close to the 210K limit - I like the idea though of doing a weight division rather than open weight.

The 2 weeks between events is fine test your fighters injury hidden before entering - injured fighters can be used tactically in selections.. I really like the 1-2-2 format as well.

I would nt like 205 ATM its openweiggt - everyone goes heavy so its basically 205-265+

Now at the heaviest I'd go is 185. But 170 is suitee better

I dunno, man, i think the fatties pretty much got their ass kicked here. I know it sucks that it would decrease the number of possible candidates for the next season, but i'd definitly would make the allowed weight range tighter. I fully agree here, 170 or 185 woudl be good.

Oh and to clarify, i like the 1-2-2 picking rythm also - wasn' well formulated, what i meant to propose is 1-1-1-1-1 for semi-finals and finals only.

The only problem w/ 1-1-1-1-1 is you have to then change which (H) or (A) gets first pick. Because if (H) still got first pick in that format he'd end up picking the 1st and 3rd fight and the away team would get to pick the 2nd and 4th which also decides the 5th pick. So they'd be at a disadvantage

As of right now my thoughts are 195K ID season and the weight being either 170 or 185.

The reason I am leaning towards 195K ID....one of the reasons is it's the only way I'll be able to participate again.....The other reason is i know that I won't get 40 guys at 210K ID, even this season which was restricted at 180 got several 195-200K ID guys. Looking at my guys who are 225K ID there is just no way I see them being even close to ready to fighting every 2 weeks within the next 3 months.

So my thought process is the guys 210'ish ID guys are probably about the lowest ID I want us to reach with the sign-ups. Like 195-210/15'ish guys I think would work well.

Thoughts?

Boxing Mediocre, 5 (3)+ Muay Thai Remarkable, 11 (13)+ Wrestling Competent, 6 (0)-- BJJ Abysmal, 2 (2)+ Agility Competent, 6 (1)-- Flexibility Mediocre, 5 (6)++ Speed Competent, 6 (4)++ Strength Competent, 6 (1)-- Conditioning Superb, 10 (6)++ Balance Mediocre, 5 (3)+ Punches Remarkable, 11 (2)++ Kicks Superb, 10 (5)- Elbows Useless, 1 (13)-- Knees Useless, 1 (13)-- Clinchwork Wonderful, 12 (0)-- Striking Defense Wonderful, 12 (13)- Ground n Pound Mediocre, 5 (1)- Takedown Off Superb, 10 (2)- Takedown Def Competent, 6 (4)+ Submissions Useless, 1 (13)-- Defensive Grap Feeble, 4 (0)- Transitions Useless, 1 (13)+ Escapes Useless, 1 (13)--

That's what my 225K ID guy looks like now. So you figure 3 months is around 12 weeks which is like 144 training sessions until the season could potentially start. It took him around 48 sessions to get punches to wonderful. So he's only got enough training to get 3 more things to wonderful.

Having a fighter w/ such few skills fighting every 2 weeks (minus whatever it takes to recover from the fight) would just completely crush him long-term I feel...

Thanks to SP for havin me on their team. Thanks to Klatz, he helped me on my first two fights, and a big thanks to Shortfuse/JLP and others who helped get this season going. Big ups to the writing team as well, Dark Soul and J66. Kirk has proved he is a decent fighter. I was really surprised at how well he did. If I'm able to, I will join Season 3. Maybe he can win this whole thing. :training2:

@Short, havent cked the thread, but I can cut this old ass guy from the old S3 signup right?

• Upvote 1

I noticed that Ken Shamrock is using your organizations logo on his shirt. Have to say that's a great advertisement plan for your tournament a lot more people will tune in when they see that UFC hall of fame Ken Shamrock is rocking that short but just for the record how much did you pay him?

I noticed that Ken Shamrock is using your organizations logo on his shirt. Have to say that's a great advertisement plan for your tournament a lot more people will tune in when they see that UFC hall of fame Ken Shamrock is rocking that short but just for the record how much did you pay him?

Shamrock had to wear it because Shortfuse beat him in an Indian Leg Wrestling match.