Rate the last movie you saw ...

Dark Waters (2019)

Damn. DAMN. 10/10. MUST watch. Remembers me "The Insider", with russel Crowe and Pacino

Uncut Gems. Excellent movie. 8.9

Liked the movie, but dont think its all that. Just average. I think its something in between Reservoir Dogs and Be Cool, but not quite anything, you now what I mean? I'd rather watch these other 2 movies, depending on my mood... BUT I do recommend it, tho, Sandler delivers a good performance and the story is not bad.

Paranormal Activity: 2/10 - So slow, boring and predictable that I literally fell asleep during it. I did rewind and watch the end later.

I'm not a big fan of low-budget mockumentary style films, but this one seemed like me and my buddies could have made it...

Once you have seen one, you have basically seen all of them and yeah, the pace is really slow. I would not say the concept is terrible, i do suggest you watch one of those films simply due to the moving camera concept and the way they filmed it, makes you feel it is real.

Dusk to Dawn - 5/10

I watched this old classic yesterday and i do have to say, i do feel it is seriously overrated. If you remove the key actors (Clouney, Haek, Tarantino) etc from this film, it is at most a cheap 80s thriller/horror.

8/10

The unexpected turn from dark thriller and into sci-fi/horror/comedy. If you've never seen or heard of the movie before and you catch it for the first time from the beginning, the twist tops it off. It's not meant to be taken too seriously.

Dark Waters (2019)

Damn. DAMN. 10/10. MUST watch. Remembers me "The Insider", with russel Crowe and Pacino

Liked the movie, but dont think its all that. Just average. I think its something in between Reservoir Dogs and Be Cool, but not quite anything, you now what I mean? I'd rather watch these other 2 movies, depending on my mood... BUT I do recommend it, tho, Sandler delivers a good performance and the story is not bad.

I haven't seen Be Cool, but Reservoir Dogs was an excellent screenplay style of directing that I appreciate also. It's the intensity that Uncut Gems elevates gradually through. And that 80's background synth magnifying and adding to the anticipation that grows.

I haven't seen Be Cool, but Reservoir Dogs was an excellent screenplay style of directing that I appreciate also. It's the intensity that Uncut Gems elevates gradually through. And that 80's background synth magnifying and adding to the anticipation that grows.

Be Cool is a comedy with Travolta. REAALLT good, you should watch it

The Foreigner - 5.5/10

While not the worst movie I've seen, a pretty bare bones revenge story with some decent action sequences although Jackie Chan is underastandably showing his age and toning down the amount and depth of stunt work, nothing to write home about or rush to see overall feeling like a Great Value version of the John Wick vibe.

Uncut gems is extremelly good.

You could try explaining to Barney the intricacies and the one-take film making that set it apart but I`m afraid it would fly right over his head.

He strikes me more like a Dwayne Johnson / Bad Boys for Life audience type.

Nothng wrong with that but trying to explain a movie like 12 Monkeys to this audience is particularly tough

• Downvote 1

Bla bla bla your mouth smells like black cock goo

Uncut gems is extremelly good.

You could try explaining to Barney the intricacies and the one-take film making that set it apart but I`m afraid it would fly right over his head.

He strikes me more like a Dwayne Johnson / Bad Boys for Life audience type.

Nothng wrong with that but trying to explain a movie like 12 Monkeys to this audience is particularly tough

• Upvote 1

The Snowpiercer - 5/10

I was completely unfamiliar with the book or the film prior to viewing; no idea what it was about.

I loved the main concept (based on a French novel) but there was little to no backstory or character development in the film. The "How" and "Why" were almost always unanswered. My first thought upon the movie ending was "well, that was disappointing" but only because of the poor script/screenplay. It seems to me this concept would work much better as a TV series or mini-series where they could delve further into the world and characters in a longer than 2hr block.

The acting was only so-so but that wasn't the reason that I was disappointed in the film.

• Upvote 1

1922 - 9/10

Based on a Steven King novella, it was very enjoyable. Excellent story, script, cinematography and acting. Literally, the only thing I can knock it for are originality/predictability. It was clear where the story was going the entire time and what would happen next, so there was little to no "surprise" moments, but still incredibly entertaining.

Filth

8/10 (best James McAvoy performance, probably best performance of his life. Arguably oscar material)

I watched this film last night. The amount of sex, drugs, violence in this film compares to anything out there. I agree, James performance in this film was very impressive. A film watching overall, plus i like British films in general.

6.75/10

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Platform: 7/10 on Netflix

The Platform: 6/10

Just watched... I wanted to like it a lot more, as I enjoyed the concept but I just didn't like the enormous amounts of unexplained and unresolved situations. In this case, it was fairly short and I think they could have made it 30 mins longer and gone into much more backstory or moved the unresolved ending further along.

• 2 weeks later...