TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

the cock ups just extend the excitment an extra day.

So having beat the same guy 3 times my guys finally in the second round of tokyo, interestingly against a different opponent to I wouldve had without the rerun, I wonder how many people adjusted tactics and took it having seen the first fights

Instead of going undefeated in Tokyo I suffered 2 losses with the reboot - ugh

No complaints - just very cool to have something new and interesting to try in game so thanks Mike ...

Im intrigued, what (in somthing resembling lay mans terms) makes the game forget to run 8 cards?

OK, so we have a script that runs QFC and TWGC fights. The script is full of while loops, which basically goes

"which cities need to run now, in this hour?"

inside that it goes

"which events run in this city today?"

then underneath all that we have a thing called an "include" for all the TWGC code, which is where you link to another file. It's basically to stop having to have one enormous file, you can add in files from elsewhere and display anything in that file as part of the original script.

When just one city ran each hour, that code was fine. However, when two cities ran at the same time (one after eachother), the second time we call up this "include" in the same script, it caused the script to fail. Reason being, inside the included file there was a function (a bit of code that you can keep calling up several times, for instance to update a manager's fight IDs)... If you try and have two functions with the same name, it crashes. So because we'd included this bit of code twice, it tried to do this function twice and crashed it.

So we've moved that function into the main script and it should be fine now, cos it only exists once.

Even if the TWGC was run in the first of the two cities to run (i.e. if it was in Vegas), this issue wouldn't have happened because at that time, only one of the functions with the same name would have been created. So, it's a very specific circumstance.

so within a time zone cities run alphabetically? So the only other city that could have the problem was new york (after montreal)?

I think I just understood a computer thing, that almost never happens, well done on the explaination!

Now round ones over im 1-3, time for 7 and a half hours sleep before my last representative has his round two

so within a time zone cities run alphabetically? So the only other city that could have the problem was new york (after montreal)?

I think I just understood a computer thing, that almost never happens, well done on the explaination!

Now round ones over im 1-3, time for 7 and a half hours sleep before my last representative has his round two

It doesn't run alphabetically, it runs based on what order the cities are stored in the database. It does happen to be the case that Montreal is before NY though.
  • Upvote 1

really? i like 'em. i've seen a lot of fighters go for/try a few things i don't normally see in a reg mma fight cuz gnp and LOTS of control is involved. these guys seem a bit more "free".

of course, if ur not the type to enjoy a good wrestling/bjj/grappling only fight in real life...prolly ain't gonna be ur thing. honestly, i'm not a fan of either, k-1 or grap only, but i do enjoy both of them within the game setting.

i originally shyed away from kt after my first "k-1" experience at schim's org. i didn't like that it was so one sided and found that setting sliders got a bit boring...and that was back before everyone had "sens across" fighters that could literally fight well in every single aspect of a possible fight...which i came to find rather boring as well, once i got a few of my old fighter's abilities up.

now i'm a bit more interested in the idea of k-1 for maybe an old fa pickup with awesome striking but diminishing skills in say, ground game. i've also found interest in this twgc due to my lack of ground slider knowledge. sure, gnp isn't involved but that part is rather well known since so many managers don't even fuk wit submissions on purpose...they always a ''last resort" type of offense on the ground and some even use them for defensive purposes. not saying there's no one that does, just the majority.

also, this and kt give a bit of motivation for managers, new and old to create more one-sided fighters and possibly curbing all the "beast" that everyone complained about a while back. sure the changes will curb as well but that's a bit slower than some like. this also opens up a..."i wanna be the best twgc, or kt manager in the game" aspect that wasn't there before.

also, after all the fights you've had...us, all of us vets that have read thousands of fights...do you literally read every damn line of every one of your fights? i remember i asked that of a former #1 manager in the past and in forum, he answered a resounding "yes! that's how i got so good!"...but in pm, he hit me up and told me "no way. why do u need to? skim for the good shit, skim for the important shit, read the stats and move on"...

• Upvote 1

looks like the commentator saw a couple of strikes thrown in this fight http://www.mmatycoon...php?FTID=596153 in the minute 4 right after the sub attempt.

other than that, good job mike! this is very entertaining and i'm not doing bad so far :)

Thanks for the heads up on those strikes - sorted that now.