Xtreme K1 Combat SmackTalk

RazorMuayThai

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/Overbay17/1383642563Logo_zps47586b08.jpg

XKC 19

Light Heavyweight Bout

Dick Army (3-0, 2-0 XKC) vs. Trevor Dustin (0-1, 0-1 XKC)

Dick Army, from Ohio, USA, is a strong Muay Thai striker, who is working hard to round out his striking skill set. He likes to fight from the clinch, controlling, and bullying opponents to set up his striking. He prefers to drag fights into deep water, outlasting opponents. He earned the first finish of his career in his last fight, a third round TKO victory over Temujin Khan!

Trevor Dustin, from Texas, USA, is a high level Muay Thai fighter, who will have to work hard on his other striking skills to round out his game. He prefers to fight from distance, utilizing his strong kicking game to pepper his opponent with strikes, and relying on his granite chin to stop his opponent finishing him first. His only pro fight was a Unanimous Decision loss to Byron Phillips in Dynamo!

Prediction: This fight could go either way, with both fighters having granite chin, it will likely go the distance, and Army's wrestling advantage may be the difference. Army by UD.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14098260502658.jpg

DICK ARMY Good call :thumbup:

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o552/dnacanes/13980328956138_zps70e39713.jpg

Justin Cider

Here for the 145lb title. Nothing more nothing less.

Ive cut em till their own mothers couldnt recognize them, superman punched them into other time zones and shattered Granite chins with the tap of a knee! Tournament Fighter should do the only realistic thing to save himself. Catch a plane... avoid the fight. Nobody would blame him.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/Overbay17/1383642563Logo_zps47586b08.jpg

XKC 20

Saturday, October 25th, 2014

Live From Hayashi's Lounge in London, England

MAIN EVENT

Heavyweight Bout

Tak Sin "Gaan Khaat Gam" Thanarat (24-16-1, 4-2 XKC) vs. "Knife" Zbigniew Ciosek (20-20-1, 3-3 XKC)

Tak Sin Thanarat, from Licey, Thailand is an elite level striker, skilled in the styles of both boxing, and muay thai, and also a strong wrestling game. He prefers to fight from distance, but has no problem mixing it up in close when he has to as well. He started his XKC career with a four fight winning streak, but has since lost two in a row, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Joaozinho Gurgel in his last fight!

Zbigniew Ciosek, from Wielkie Pole, Poland, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with a decent boxing game, and some decent wrestling. He likes to bully opponents in the clinch, peppering them with strikes in close. He has been a decision machine lately, winning his last three fights by Unanimous Decision, and coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Sexy Julian.

Prediction: While Ciosek is a strong fighter on a hot streak, but Thanarat is by far the better striker, and should be able to control the clinch as well. Thanarat by UD.

CO-MAIN EVENT

Heavyweight Bout

Sexy Julian (14-9, 3-3 XKC) vs. Alexander "Zala" Zalachenko (17-14, 1-2 XKC)

Sexy Julian is a well rounded striker, with strong skills in both boxing, and muay thai. He has only rudimentary wrestling skills. He prefers to fight from distance and has knock out power in his hands. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Zbigniew Ciosek in his last fight!

Alexander Zalachenko also has well rounded skills in the striking arena, dangerous with both hands and legs. He likes to fight from the clinch, bullying opponents in close, and wearing them down to get to the judges scorecards, with 9 of his last 13 fights being settled by decision. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Edward Nygma in his last fight.

Prediction: With both fighters having pretty much the exact same skill set, it will likely be Julian's KO power that will tip the scale. Julian by KO (Round 2).

UNDERCARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

Dark Killer (8-2, 8-1 XKC) vs. Joseph Amadi (7-5, 6-5 XKC)

A rematch of a title fight from back in August, when Killer wrested the title from Amadi, winning by second round TKO.

Dark Killer, from Murderville, Afghanistan, is a strong boxer, with emerging skills in both wrestling, and muay thai. He likes to fight out of the clinch, and has a lot of first round finishes. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Brenton Bryce in his last fight!

Joseph Amadi, from Abuja, Nigeria, is a high level boxer, with emerging kicking skills, and rudimentary wrestling skills. He prefers to fight from distance, staying away from the clinch as much as possible. He is coming off a second round knock out victory over Akihiko Yamato in his last fight.

Prediction: While Amadi should have the advantage at distance, if Killer can get in close he should have no trouble controlling the clinch. Killer by TKO (Round 2).

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/539/VC9M3q.jpg

XKC World Featherweight Title

Hematoma Hominick (5-1, 2-0 XKC) vs. "Adrijan" Billy Joakim-Antrim (7-2, 2-1 XKC)

A battle to crown the first ever XKC World Featherweight Champion, and a rematch of a Fight of the Night winner fro XKC 8, where Hominick took the victory by Unanimous Decision!

Hematoma Hominick, from Ontario, Canada, is an exciting fighter, winning Fight of the Night in both his XKC bouts. He has strong skills in both boxing and muay thai, and a strong wrestling game as well. Hominick prefers to fight from the clinch as much as possible, and has won both his XKC bouts, Unanimous Decision victories over Billy Joakim-Antrim, and Tourney Fighter!

Billy Joakim-Antrim continues to avoid the authorities from Fort Winter, Old Mexico, USA, and is a high level Muay Thai striker, with an ever improving boxing game, and decent wrestling skills that inform his clinch work. He can fight from distance or in the clinch, and is coming off a third round TKO victory over Tourney Fighter in his last fight!

Prediction: Hominick is the better striker, and should have an advantage, however slight in the clinch, that will make it a difficult task from Antrim to avenge his loss. Hominick by UD.

Lightweight Bout

"The Pilot" Kid Kamakazi (23-19-2, 0-2-1 XKC) vs. "Na Baron" Feyd Rautha Harkonnen (23-11-1, 3-1 XKC)

Kid Kamikazi, from Japan, is an elite level Muay Thai striker, with strong boxing as well, and high level wrestling. He prefers to fight from distance, but is also strong in the clinch. Kamakazi is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Jaakko Kalloo, and had a no contest called in his last fight, when Bediviere Vita Cadoc showed up late for his fight, and then couldn't make weight.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen, from Siberia, Russia, is a high level striker, in both the styles of boxing, and Muay Thai, and has strong wrestling as well. He likes to fight from the clinch, though he can strike from distance as well. He is coming off a second round TKO victory over Danny Osei Tutu in his last fight.

Prediction: With both fighters having very similar skill sets this should be a good fight, but Kamakazi's elite level Muay Thai may push him over to get his first XKC victory. Kamakazi by UD.

PRELIMINARY CARD

Welterweight Bout

Mark Addison (2-2, 2-2 XKC) vs. John Luther (6-2, 3-1 XKC)

Mark Addison, from Glasgow, Scotland, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with an emerging boxing game. Addison's clinch game has improved, with deadly knees from inside. He has had success both in the clinch, and from distance, and has power in his hands. He is coming off a second round TKO victory over Omar Enz in his last fight!

Former Welterweight Champion John Luther, from London, England, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with a strong boxing game. He prefers to fight from distance, using the little wrestling skill he has to stay out of the clinch. In his last fight, he lost the Welterweight Title to Atauallah Ganteaume by first round TKO!

Prediction: Luther is the better all around striker by far. Will refrain from actually predicting with Addison being my fighter.

Middleweight Bout

"Mr Turkish Delight" Hadi Ozturk (4-1, 4-1 XKC) vs. "Don" Tim Roth (4-3, 4-3 XKC)

A rematch from the second round of the Superior Warrior Tournament, where Roth took the victory by Unanimous Decision.

Hadi Ozturk from Dalaman in Turkey is a strong Muay Thai fighter, with an emerging boxing game, and little acumen in close. He prefers to strike from distance, and count on his granite chin to protect him while he wears his opponents down, with all his fights going to the third round, and four of the five being decided by the judges. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Victor Plouman in his last fight.

Tim Roth, from Bristol, England, is a high level Muay Thai fighter, with little skill in other areas of the striking game. He can strike from distance, but likes to strike from the clinch. He is on a two fight losing streak, losing to Mathew Ridgeway in the first ever XKC Middleweight Title Bout, and losing by Unanimous Decision to Robert Archer in his last fight.

Prediction: Roth is the only man to own a win over Ozturk, and if he can get the fight in close there's no reason it can't happen again. Roth by UD.

• Upvote 1

XKC 20

Saturday, October 25th, 2014

MAIN EVENT

Heavyweight Bout

Tak Sin "Gaan Khaat Gam" Thanarat (24-16-1, 4-2 XKC) vs. "Knife" Zbigniew Ciosek (20-20-1, 3-3 XKC)

Tak Sin Thanarat, from Licey, Thailand is an elite level striker, skilled in the styles of both boxing, and muay thai, and also a strong wrestling game. He prefers to fight from distance, but has no problem mixing it up in close when he has to as well. He started his XKC career with a four fight winning streak, but has since lost two in a row, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Joaozinho Gurgel in his last fight!

Zbigniew Ciosek, from Wielkie Pole, Poland, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with a decent boxing game, and some decent wrestling. He likes to bully opponents in the clinch, peppering them with strikes in close. He has been a decision machine lately, winning his last three fights by Unanimous Decision, and coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Sexy Julian.

Prediction: While Ciosek is a strong fighter on a hot streak, but Thanarat is by far the better striker, and should be able to control the clinch as well. Thanarat by UD.

CO-MAIN EVENT

Heavyweight Bout

Sexy Julian (14-9, 3-3 XKC) vs. Alexander "Zala" Zalachenko (17-14, 1-2 XKC)

Sexy Julian is a well rounded striker, with strong skills in both boxing, and muay thai. He has only rudimentary wrestling skills. He prefers to fight from distance and has knock out power in his hands. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Zbigniew Ciosek in his last fight!

Alexander Zalachenko also has well rounded skills in the striking arena, dangerous with both hands and legs. He likes to fight from the clinch, bullying opponents in close, and wearing them down to get to the judges scorecards, with 9 of his last 13 fights being settled by decision. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Edward Nygma in his last fight.

Prediction: With both fighters having pretty much the exact same skill set, it will likely be Julian's KO power that will tip the scale. Julian by KO (Round 2).

UNDERCARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

Dark Killer (8-2, 8-1 XKC) vs. Joseph Amadi (7-5, 6-5 XKC)

A rematch of a title fight from back in August, when Killer wrested the title from Amadi, winning by second round TKO.

Dark Killer, from Murderville, Afghanistan, is a strong boxer, with emerging skills in both wrestling, and muay thai. He likes to fight out of the clinch, and has a lot of first round finishes. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Brenton Bryce in his last fight!

Joseph Amadi, from Abuja, Nigeria, is a high level boxer, with emerging kicking skills, and rudimentary wrestling skills. He prefers to fight from distance, staying away from the clinch as much as possible. He is coming off a second round knock out victory over Akihiko Yamato in his last fight.

Prediction: While Amadi should have the advantage at distance, if Killer can get in close he should have no trouble controlling the clinch. Killer by TKO (Round 2).

XKC World Featherweight Title

Hematoma Hominick (5-1, 2-0 XKC) vs. "Adrijan" Billy Joakim-Antrim (7-2, 2-1 XKC)

A battle to crown the first ever XKC World Featherweight Champion, and a rematch of a Fight of the Night winner fro XKC 8, where Hominick took the victory by Unanimous Decision!

Hematoma Hominick, from Ontario, Canada, is an exciting fighter, winning Fight of the Night in both his XKC bouts. He has strong skills in both boxing and muay thai, and a strong wrestling game as well. Hominick prefers to fight from the clinch as much as possible, and has won both his XKC bouts, Unanimous Decision victories over Billy Joakim-Antrim, and Tourney Fighter!

Billy Joakim-Antrim continues to avoid the authorities from Fort Winter, Old Mexico, USA, and is a high level Muay Thai striker, with an ever improving boxing game, and decent wrestling skills that inform his clinch work. He can fight from distance or in the clinch, and is coming off a third round TKO victory over Tourney Fighter in his last fight!

Prediction: Hominick is the better striker, and should have an advantage, however slight in the clinch, that will make it a difficult task from Antrim to avenge his loss. Hominick by UD.

Lightweight Bout

"The Pilot" Kid Kamakazi (23-19-2, 0-2-1 XKC) vs. "Na Baron" Feyd Rautha Harkonnen (23-11-1, 3-1 XKC)

Kid Kamikazi, from Japan, is an elite level Muay Thai striker, with strong boxing as well, and high level wrestling. He prefers to fight from distance, but is also strong in the clinch. Kamakazi is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Jaakko Kalloo, and had a no contest called in his last fight, when Bediviere Vita Cadoc showed up late for his fight, and then couldn't make weight.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen, from Siberia, Russia, is a high level striker, in both the styles of boxing, and Muay Thai, and has strong wrestling as well. He likes to fight from the clinch, though he can strike from distance as well. He is coming off a second round TKO victory over Danny Osei Tutu in his last fight.

Prediction: With both fighters having very similar skill sets this should be a good fight, but Kamakazi's elite level Muay Thai may push him over to get his first XKC victory. Kamakazi by UD.

PRELIMINARY CARD

Welterweight Bout

Mark Addison (2-2, 2-2 XKC) vs. John Luther (6-2, 3-1 XKC)

Mark Addison, from Glasgow, Scotland, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with an emerging boxing game. Addison's clinch game has improved, with deadly knees from inside. He has had success both in the clinch, and from distance, and has power in his hands. He is coming off a second round TKO victory over Omar Enz in his last fight!

Former Welterweight Champion John Luther, from London, England, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with a strong boxing game. He prefers to fight from distance, using the little wrestling skill he has to stay out of the clinch. In his last fight, he lost the Welterweight Title to Atauallah Ganteaume by first round TKO!

Prediction: Luther is the better all around striker by far. Will refrain from actually predicting with Addison being my fighter.

Middleweight Bout

"Mr Turkish Delight" Hadi Ozturk (4-1, 4-1 XKC) vs. "Don" Tim Roth (4-3, 4-3 XKC)

A rematch from the second round of the Superior Warrior Tournament, where Roth took the victory by Unanimous Decision.

Hadi Ozturk from Dalaman in Turkey is a strong Muay Thai fighter, with an emerging boxing game, and little acumen in close. He prefers to strike from distance, and count on his granite chin to protect him while he wears his opponents down, with all his fights going to the third round, and four of the five being decided by the judges. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Victor Plouman in his last fight.

Tim Roth, from Bristol, England, is a high level Muay Thai fighter, with little skill in other areas of the striking game. He can strike from distance, but likes to strike from the clinch. He is on a two fight losing streak, losing to Mathew Ridgeway in the first ever XKC Middleweight Title Bout, and losing by Unanimous Decision to Robert Archer in his last fight.

Prediction: Roth is the only man to own a win over Ozturk, and if he can get the fight in close there's no reason it can't happen again. Roth by UD.

@RobertArcherK1 - I'll be rooting for my man Roth, he hits like a motherfucking cannonball :) No bad feelings for Hadi, he's a good man and a fighter as well. He was ny teammate back in Superior Fighter Season 1 and I know him, but I felt Roth in my last fight and I think that he will be the victor :)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14001848913597.png

"Mr Turkish Delight" Hadi Ozturk

19 year old

185lbs

4-1

" Just signed the dotted line to confirm my next fight, a fight against someone who I have previously fought before in my K1 career... Tim Roth (4-3). He is the only fighter who has beaten me in my K1 career, I want to avenge that defeat. He has lost his last two fights, surprised he got beat by Robert Archer if I'm honest but in K1, much like MMA, anything can happen.

This is a massive test for me and will show if I've improved a lot since we first fought. I believe I have, I guess we'll just have to wait until we both step into that ring before we find out the answer.

Tim Roth, you got lucky the first time, the judges only gave you that win because you pussied out and had to clinch up with me, don't blame you because I would have KO'd you if would have tried to trade strikes with me. Come at me bro, don't pussy out like the first fight! "

20 year old

185lbs

4-1

" Nearly 1 hour until I'm back in that ring against a familiar opponent, Tim Roth (4-3), I hope you're ready for a war because I'm going to be pushing the pace in this fight. I'm going to be right in your face from the moment that bell rings for the start of the fight until the moment the bell rings for the end of the fight.

You might be hoping to add me to the list of fighters you've KO'd, dream on, it ain't happening. It didn't happen the first time and it sure as hell wont happen this time!

People have you as the favourite for this fight, I don't know why, you've been pretty poor recently when you've been in that ring. You struggled against Robert Archer (5-3), a guy who I comfortably beat and will comfortably beat again if I ever have to step into the ring against him again. I mean that as no disrespect to Robert, the guy is a tough fighter but ultimately it proves you aren't half as good as me because you couldn't even compete against Robert Archer.

Tim Roth maybe you're not cut out for this fighting business? I guess we'll find out during our fight! "

• Upvote 1

20 year old

185lbs

4-1

" Nearly 1 hour until I'm back in that ring against a familiar opponent, Tim Roth (4-3), I hope you're ready for a war because I'm going to be pushing the pace in this fight. I'm going to be right in your face from the moment that bell rings for the start of the fight until the moment the bell rings for the end of the fight.

You might be hoping to add me to the list of fighters you've KO'd, dream on, it ain't happening. It didn't happen the first time and it sure as hell wont happen this time!

People have you as the favourite for this fight, I don't know why, you've been pretty poor recently when you've been in that ring. You struggled against Robert Archer (5-3), a guy who I comfortably beat and will comfortably beat again if I ever have to step into the ring against him again. I mean that as no disrespect to Robert, the guy is a tough fighter but ultimately it proves you aren't half as good as me because you couldn't even compete against Robert Archer.

Tim Roth maybe you're not cut out for this fighting business? I guess we'll find out during our fight! "

20 year old

185lbs

5-1

" Looks like I was right about you Tim Roth, you got lucky in the first fight and I proved that with this win over you tonight. Might be time to hang up the gloves because it looks like your head isn't in the fighting business any more. I'd like to see you bounce back from your recent defeats and return to form again.

Big shout out to all my fans who came out tonight to support me.

Might be a while before I'm back in the ring again, want to improve some of my skills. For those wondering if I'm going to be competing in MMA soon, I'm not going to confirm or dismiss any of those rumours, who knows, maybe an MMA org is currently in talks with me at this time trying to convince me to sign with them ....... "

@RobertArcherK1 - It looks like you're underrating me by saying that it's a surprise Roth lost to me. It's not :) That's how it should have been, I spoke to his manager: Roth is declining. He might come back, but you might have already noticed - Roth did perfect during the tourney because all the guys were freshly new. Roth had an advantage of very heavy hands, and was picking the W's all over. But he seems to learn slower than us. Still, I think he needs to take some time, train until he thinks he is capable of fighting top tier guys and then go again.

Hadi, if you think you can beat me again... Look at where am I now? :) My next fight will be a World Middleweight Championship. And you? I'm more active, very skilled and ready to go. I am ready to bring the biggest upset in XKC. If I lose this fight, I'll go against Hadi to avenge for my man Roth and my loss. I've improved drastically, I just needed more time to build up my skills. Now I'm a monster that is released off the chain. Now I'm an Archer that will hunt the MW title down :)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13940903426069.jpg

Giacomo "The Cleaner" Benvenuti

"Gentlemen of XKC, I hope all of you are well. I had discussions with the Board of Directors and we have come to the conclusion that, for the time being, I will be released from my contract. What does this mean for XKC, specifically the Super Heavyweight Division? Allow me to expound. Simply stated, I'm still the champion and shall remain as such until a clear-and-away contender establishes himself. Until that point in time I shall focus upon becoming a complete fighter by training for MMA combat as opposed to strictly Kickboxing. When a warrior establishes himself as the dominant contender for the title, I shall return to XKC to defend the title against said warrior. Until that time gentlemen, I wish all of you the very best of luck and continued success with your careers. Now if you'll excuse me, I have other business to tend to."

• Upvote 2

RazorMuayThai: I appreciate the compliment brotha and I'll do the best I can to keep Giacomo's momentum going. I know developing his ground game will take time and will be quite a challenge, but I can't argue with the results of his standup abilities. If he can maintain that punching power then he'll be good to go.

shiftas: I was fortunate to have had a title fight early and after winning the title, I've been very fortunate to maintain it. I've benefited from excellent guidance from Convicted Inc. members and obviously Giacomo's abilities and hiddens as well.

Rain: Honestly I was surprised by some of Giacomo's 1st round KO's because I thought the opponent would be able to hold their own in the clinch. Fighting at a distance thus far has worked heavily in Giacomo's favor, but what I like most about him is when he gets cut, he makes sure he cuts the opponent right back. The most entertaining battle was against Viperescu. Viperescu was a KO artist with a lot of power and aggression. He cut Giacomo then Giacomo absolutely went ape shit on him while bleeding him badly lol

RazorMuayThai: I appreciate the compliment brotha and I'll do the best I can to keep Giacomo's momentum going. I know developing his ground game will take time and will be quite a challenge, but I can't argue with the results of his standup abilities. If he can maintain that punching power then he'll be good to go.

shiftas: I was fortunate to have had a title fight early and after winning the title, I've been very fortunate to maintain it. I've benefited from excellent guidance from Convicted Inc. members and obviously Giacomo's abilities and hiddens as well.

Rain: Honestly I was surprised by some of Giacomo's 1st round KO's because I thought the opponent would be able to hold their own in the clinch. Fighting at a distance thus far has worked heavily in Giacomo's favor, but what I like most about him is when he gets cut, he makes sure he cuts the opponent right back. The most entertaining battle was against Viperescu. Viperescu was a KO artist with a lot of power and aggression. He cut Giacomo then Giacomo absolutely went ape shit on him while bleeding him badly lol

That's the combo of hiddens I like the most - bleeder with a big heart. Fighters that have big heart seem to get monstrous accuracy and power for like 5-8 next moves after they get cut :) When the cut gets deeper, they start going ape shit again :)

That's the combo of hiddens I like the most - bleeder with a big heart. Fighters that have big heart seem to get monstrous accuracy and power for like 5-8 next moves after they get cut :) When the cut gets deeper, they start going ape shit again :)

Ha! :yes: Yes, that does seem to be the case with some fighters and Giacomo does follow that particular pattern

@RobertArcherK1 - It looks like you're underrating me by saying that it's a surprise Roth lost to me. It's not :) That's how it should have been, I spoke to his manager: Roth is declining. He might come back, but you might have already noticed - Roth did perfect during the tourney because all the guys were freshly new. Roth had an advantage of very heavy hands, and was picking the W's all over. But he seems to learn slower than us. Still, I think he needs to take some time, train until he thinks he is capable of fighting top tier guys and then go again.

Hadi, if you think you can beat me again... Look at where am I now? :) My next fight will be a World Middleweight Championship. And you? I'm more active, very skilled and ready to go. I am ready to bring the biggest upset in XKC. If I lose this fight, I'll go against Hadi to avenge for my man Roth and my loss. I've improved drastically, I just needed more time to build up my skills. Now I'm a monster that is released off the chain. Now I'm an Archer that will hunt the MW title down :)

20 year old

185lbs

5-1

"The only reason I said it was a shock is because of how good a start Roth had at the start of his career. If he's a slow learner, he'll bounce back, eventually he will catch up with his but for now we'll have an early lead when it comes to developing our skills.

Your next fight is a title fight, a great challenge for you but will it be a step too far too soon? I guess time will tell. I've been a bit more cautious with my development. I don't want to fight too much and already you've had 2 fights more than me, perhaps you will pay the price for fighting so much at a early age, later in your career. I'll be honest, I'm going to be routing for you when you and Ridgeway eventually do collide, it's going to be a great fight and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm pretty confident that eventually me and Ridgeway will meet in the cage and when we do, I'll prove that I should have been the one named Superior Warrior. I've proven that the only fight I lost was a fluke.

I guess I'm in a pretty good situation, 4 fight win streak at the minute and I think if I win my next fight, I'm pretty much guaranteed a title fight. I don't want to rush into my next fight, I'm keen to improve my skills and ensure that I'm more than ready for it."

XKC 21

Saturday, November 1st, 2014

MAIN EVENT

XKC World Heavyweight Title

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn © (39-12-1, 7-0 XKC) vs. "Panthera Onca" Joaozinho Gurgel (15-10, 3-1 XKC)

XKC Hall of Famer, and XKC Heavyweight champion Lorenzo Von Matterhorn, from Zurich, Switzerland, is a striker's strike, with elite level skills in all the requisite pugilistic arts. He is equally dangerous both from distance, and in the clinch, and it is hard to find a position where he can be outmatched. He has won all seven of his XKC bouts, and is coming off his fourth successful title defense, a third round TKO victory over Tak Sin Thanarat!

Joaozinho Gurgel, from Brasilia, Brazil, is an elite level Muay Thai striker, with strong boxing, and a enviable wrestling base. He likes to bully opponents in the clinch, causing massive damage with punches and knees. He has won three straight fights, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Tak Sin Thanarat in his last fight!

Prediction: This is actually a tough one, as Gurgel is almost the equal of Von Matterhorn in striking, and may actually have the advantage in the clinch, but it's hard to pick against the champ at this point, as long as he stays at distance he should have no problems. Von Matterhorn by TKO (Round 2).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Lightweight Bout

"Kapteeni Menkkaparta" Jaakko Kolloo (23-8-3, 3-3 XKC) vs. Jakobi "Cyclone" Smithy (21-9-1, 0-1 XKC)

Jaakko Kalloo, from Pornainen, Finland, is a high level muay thai fighter, who also has decent boxing skills, and a strong wrestling base. He prefers to strike from distance, and likes dragging the fight into deep water, with 15 decision victories to his name. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Kid Kamikazi in his last fight!

Jakobi Smithy, from Toledo, Ohio, while a veteran fighter, is a relatively new face in the XKC. Extremely accomplished in all the striking arts, and with a decent wrestling base, he is dangerous both in the clinch, and at distance. He was granted a title shot in his first fight in the org, losing by second round TKO to Lightweight Champion Pat Barry!

Prediction: While Kolloo is a tough fighter, Smithy has the advantage in the clinch, and with his boxing, and should be able to take the victory here. Smithy by TKO (Round 3).

UNDERCARD

XKC World Middleweight Title

"General" Mathew Ridgeway © (7-0, 7-0 XKC) vs. "Saggitarius" Robert Archer (5-3, 5-3 XKC)

XKC Middleweight Champion Mathew Ridgeway, from Fort Montroe, USA, is a high level boxer, with emerging muay thai, and wrestling skills. He likes to use his wrestling to bully opponents in the clinch, causing large amounts of damage. He likes to take fights deep, and wear opponents out, biding his time to put the finishing blow on them. He is coming off his first successful title defense, a Unanimous Decision victory over Pat Garret!

Robert Archer, from Liverpool, England, is a strong boxer, with some wrestling skills. He can strike from distance, or in the clinch, and has the cardio to drag a fight to the later rounds and keep up his pace. Archer has really turned things around since being ousted from the Superior Warrior tournament, winning four of his last five fights, and recent wins over Tim Roth, and Solomon Augustine have earned him a shot at the champ!

Prediction: I have been burned several times in the last few events betting against Archer, but Ridgeway has the advantage just about everywhere, so it's hard to bet against him at this point. Ridgeway by UD.

Featherweight Bout

Tourney Fighter (6-2-1, 0-2 XKC) vs. "PROJECTile" Justin Cider (4-0, XKC Debut)

Tourney Fighter, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, is a high level muay thai striker, with strong boxing, and emerging wrestling skills. He likes to utilize the clinch in his striking. He has lost both his XKC fights, against the cream of the crop in the Featherweight Division in Billy Joakim-Antrim, and Hematoma Hominick!

Justin Cider, from Los Angeles, California, USA, is a high level striker in all disciplines, dangerous with both his hands and feet, but doesn't have much of a wrestling base. He has power behind his strikes as evidenced by his three T/KO victories. He has never lost a professional fight, and is coming off a first round TKO victory over Shakim Abdulkerimov in the QFC!

Prediction: While Cider certainly has power on his side, if Fighter can get to the clinch, he should have a shot at picking up his first XKC victory. Fighter by TKO (Round 2).

Super Heavyweight Bout

Antti Meijeri (4-4, 3-4 XKC) vs. Matt Weston (5-1-1, 3-1-1 XKC)

Antti Meijeri, from Hanko, Finland, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with strong boxing skills, and an emerging wrestling game. He prefers to fight from the clinch, though he is also effective striking from distance. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Steel Penn in his last fight!

Matt Weston, from Washington, DC, USA, is a high level boxer, and wrestler, who also has some strong muay thai skills to throw in. He likes to fight from the clinch, and can cause a lot of damage with punches from that position. In his last two fights, he fought to a draw, and lost by Unanimous Decision both to Shezzo Wicked!

Prediction: While Meijeri has better Muay Thai, Weston holds the advantage in boxing, and likely in the clinch game, so will go with Weston! Weston by TKO (Round 2).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

Trevor Dustin (0-2, 0-1 XKC) vs. Art "One Glove" Jimmerson (1-0, 1-0 XKC)

Trevor Dustin, from Texas, USA, is a high level Muay Thai striker, that will have to continue to work diligently to improve the rest of his striking game. He has strong kicks, and likes to use the clinch. He lost his XKC debut by Unanimous Decision to Dick Army!

Art Jimmerson, from Los Angeles, California, USA, is a high level boxer, with strong muay thai skills, but no wrestling base to speak of. He prefers to strike from distance, and trust his granite chin to protect him from his opponents blows. He won his only professional fight by first round TKO over Toshiro Hitsugaya!

Prediction: Should be an interesting fight, but Jimmerson is the better striker all around, and will go with him. Jimmerson by TKO (Round 3).

• Upvote 1

XKC 21

Saturday, November 1st, 2014

MAIN EVENT

XKC World Heavyweight Title

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn © (39-12-1, 7-0 XKC) vs. "Panthera Onca" Joaozinho Gurgel (15-10, 3-1 XKC)

XKC Hall of Famer, and XKC Heavyweight champion Lorenzo Von Matterhorn, from Zurich, Switzerland, is a striker's strike, with elite level skills in all the requisite pugilistic arts. He is equally dangerous both from distance, and in the clinch, and it is hard to find a position where he can be outmatched. He has won all seven of his XKC bouts, and is coming off his fourth successful title defense, a third round TKO victory over Tak Sin Thanarat!

Joaozinho Gurgel, from Brasilia, Brazil, is an elite level Muay Thai striker, with strong boxing, and a enviable wrestling base. He likes to bully opponents in the clinch, causing massive damage with punches and knees. He has won three straight fights, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Tak Sin Thanarat in his last fight!

Prediction: This is actually a tough one, as Gurgel is almost the equal of Von Matterhorn in striking, and may actually have the advantage in the clinch, but it's hard to pick against the champ at this point, as long as he stays at distance he should have no problems. Von Matterhorn by TKO (Round 2).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Lightweight Bout

"Kapteeni Menkkaparta" Jaakko Kolloo (23-8-3, 3-3 XKC) vs. Jakobi "Cyclone" Smithy (21-9-1, 0-1 XKC)

Jaakko Kalloo, from Pornainen, Finland, is a high level muay thai fighter, who also has decent boxing skills, and a strong wrestling base. He prefers to strike from distance, and likes dragging the fight into deep water, with 15 decision victories to his name. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Kid Kamikazi in his last fight!

Jakobi Smithy, from Toledo, Ohio, while a veteran fighter, is a relatively new face in the XKC. Extremely accomplished in all the striking arts, and with a decent wrestling base, he is dangerous both in the clinch, and at distance. He was granted a title shot in his first fight in the org, losing by second round TKO to Lightweight Champion Pat Barry!

Prediction: While Kolloo is a tough fighter, Smithy has the advantage in the clinch, and with his boxing, and should be able to take the victory here. Smithy by TKO (Round 3).

UNDERCARD

XKC World Middleweight Title

"General" Mathew Ridgeway © (7-0, 7-0 XKC) vs. "Saggitarius" Robert Archer (5-3, 5-3 XKC)

XKC Middleweight Champion Mathew Ridgeway, from Fort Montroe, USA, is a high level boxer, with emerging muay thai, and wrestling skills. He likes to use his wrestling to bully opponents in the clinch, causing large amounts of damage. He likes to take fights deep, and wear opponents out, biding his time to put the finishing blow on them. He is coming off his first successful title defense, a Unanimous Decision victory over Pat Garret!

Robert Archer, from Liverpool, England, is a strong boxer, with some wrestling skills. He can strike from distance, or in the clinch, and has the cardio to drag a fight to the later rounds and keep up his pace. Archer has really turned things around since being ousted from the Superior Warrior tournament, winning four of his last five fights, and recent wins over Tim Roth, and Solomon Augustine have earned him a shot at the champ!

Prediction: I have been burned several times in the last few events betting against Archer, but Ridgeway has the advantage just about everywhere, so it's hard to bet against him at this point. Ridgeway by UD.

Featherweight Bout

Tourney Fighter (6-2-1, 0-2 XKC) vs. "PROJECTile" Justin Cider (4-0, XKC Debut)

Tourney Fighter, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, is a high level muay thai striker, with strong boxing, and emerging wrestling skills. He likes to utilize the clinch in his striking. He has lost both his XKC fights, against the cream of the crop in the Featherweight Division in Billy Joakim-Antrim, and Hematoma Hominick!

Justin Cider, from Los Angeles, California, USA, is a high level striker in all disciplines, dangerous with both his hands and feet, but doesn't have much of a wrestling base. He has power behind his strikes as evidenced by his three T/KO victories. He has never lost a professional fight, and is coming off a first round TKO victory over Shakim Abdulkerimov in the QFC!

Prediction: While Cider certainly has power on his side, if Fighter can get to the clinch, he should have a shot at picking up his first XKC victory. Fighter by TKO (Round 2).

Super Heavyweight Bout

Antti Meijeri (4-4, 3-4 XKC) vs. Matt Weston (5-1-1, 3-1-1 XKC)

Antti Meijeri, from Hanko, Finland, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with strong boxing skills, and an emerging wrestling game. He prefers to fight from the clinch, though he is also effective striking from distance. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Steel Penn in his last fight!

Matt Weston, from Washington, DC, USA, is a high level boxer, and wrestler, who also has some strong muay thai skills to throw in. He likes to fight from the clinch, and can cause a lot of damage with punches from that position. In his last two fights, he fought to a draw, and lost by Unanimous Decision both to Shezzo Wicked!

Prediction: While Meijeri has better Muay Thai, Weston holds the advantage in boxing, and likely in the clinch game, so will go with Weston! Weston by TKO (Round 2).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

Trevor Dustin (0-2, 0-1 XKC) vs. Art "One Glove" Jimmerson (1-0, 1-0 XKC)

Trevor Dustin, from Texas, USA, is a high level Muay Thai striker, that will have to continue to work diligently to improve the rest of his striking game. He has strong kicks, and likes to use the clinch. He lost his XKC debut by Unanimous Decision to Dick Army!

Art Jimmerson, from Los Angeles, California, USA, is a high level boxer, with strong muay thai skills, but no wrestling base to speak of. He prefers to strike from distance, and trust his granite chin to protect him from his opponents blows. He won his only professional fight by first round TKO over Toshiro Hitsugaya!

Prediction: Should be an interesting fight, but Jimmerson is the better striker all around, and will go with him. Jimmerson by TKO (Round 3).

@RobertArcherK1 - Ridgeway's primaries look strong but this is where it ends. You will see that I'm able to keep up against Ridgeway. Hope the Archer-Roth scenario comes up again :)

• Upvote 2

"Prediction: While Cider certainly has power on his side, if Fighter can get to the clinch, he should have a shot at picking up his first XKC victory. Fighter by TKO (Round 2)."

You were spot on with that prediction. But for my fighter Cider it wasnt all a loss. I now have adjusted his training and we will be back stronger than ever in the near future... Congratulations Fighter, Im sure we will meet again in the future and Im looking forward to that day.

• Upvote 1

@RobertArcherK1 - It was a good fight against Matthew Ridgeway. I think I have been a strong opponent for him, and left something for him to remember - he's got a 13 days injury while I've got 3. Still, he was always one step ahead of me in the clinch. Following this loss I'd like to announce that I am making a move to MMA, I have already contacted one of my friends, which is a decorated wrestler, and I'll start training wrestling with him now. It has been an honor to fight for XKC and all of the fans. Hope you will remember me as a guy that has never been declining his fights, always taking challenges and sometimes even overcoming the adversity by KO'ing my opponents even while being the underdog. Thank you guys and good luck in your careers :)