Abuse of Manager Rank

ClarkKent

Real simple solution..

You pick up a free agent - if you find his secondaries suck can release immediately at the normal release wait times (unless you pay VIP time like it is now) however the free agent needs to have the same amount of cash on him as he did when you picked him up.. give or take a couple of thousand.

If you drain the cash off him then he stays on your roster for 3 months.

This basically means you can drain 4 fighters a year but it still allows those that pick the fighter up with the intention of fighting with him an opportunity to release if he is a dud.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

this is a very reasonable solution and Stu's post sums it up - this favors users who actually want FAs in their roster, prevents laundry abuse but still allows laundry to some extent so it's a win-win for everyone.

I just reckon the current way to be unacceptable, since there are users basically 'cycling' fighter spots with legit fighters for money, leaving those fighters drained up and reducing the window of opportunity for users with actual plans for such fighters to stand a chance in picking them up... which should be the legit reason for allowing a FA list.

anyway, does anyone still have reservations with this proposal?

this is a very reasonable solution and Stu's post sums it up - this favors users who actually want FAs in their roster, prevents laundry abuse but still allows laundry to some extent so it's a win-win for everyone.

I just reckon the current way to be unacceptable, since there are users basically 'cycling' fighter spots with legit fighters for money, leaving those fighters drained up and reducing the window of opportunity for users with actual plans for such fighters to stand a chance in picking them up... which should be the legit reason for allowing a FA list.

anyway, does anyone still have reservations with this proposal?

Nope. But no doubt someone will. :P

well i dont remember exactly what the issue mike was having with it -- but while working on it other stuff came up (as it usually does) and had to change focus because of more important stuff -- then it gets shuffled to the back again and you eventually forgot where you were on fixing it or what the issue was -- i imagine this happens so much that its really hard to recode of finish something some what major -- i like stu's suggestion and thats the way mike was trying to get it done if i remember correctly

Real simple solution..

You pick up a free agent - if you find his secondaries suck can release immediately at the normal release wait times (unless you pay VIP time like it is now) however the free agent needs to have the same amount of cash on him as he did when you picked him up.. give or take a couple of thousand.

This basically means you can drain 4 fighters a year but it still allows those that pick the fighter up with the intention of fighting with him an opportunity to release if he is a dud.

This has always been the only good solution. It has a downside though. For those who wanted the FA, he would be locked onto a guys roster for months instead of being released right away.

There are a lot of reasons to pick up FA's when you are ranked high up. You can get much better spar bots so when you get ranked high up all of a sudden you can rework your gym. When I started playing again i picked up about 8 FA's for my gym but as i rose up the ranks I was able to get better and better FA's. I probably picked up 20+ FA's in under 6 months . If you are moving them it's nice to have more than 10k on them.

Sometimes the secondaries suck. Sometimes you just want to see the secondaries or check sliders on another guys fighter. Sometimes you want to launder the guys money.

• 4 weeks later...

Nope. I sure hope nothing like this ever gets implemented because if it does, basically it screws you in the cases that you release your own fighters as well.

So much debate is being focused on Scottie and how he is picking up and releasing fighters. What many people are forgetting here is that:

#1 Scottie is actually a legit top level manager. He would not be able to get to those top level fighters regularly if he was not ranked so high.

#2 He is spending REAL cash in VIP time to release them early.

Scottie is one of the few people in all of Tycoon history which has been doing what he has been doing and was willing to spend his own money to get tycoon cash. How i see it, let him do it! Many people are willing to pay other players real cash to get tycoon money and he is willing to do it as well while also keeping his rank so high.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Simple solution. Take your fighters money before you release them, play the game the best you can, and don't worry about how rich someone else gets. Who cares if Joe Schmo has twenty private jets? It doesn't make me any poorer or make my fighters fight any worse.

• Upvote 1

Nope. I sure hope nothing like this ever gets implemented because if it does, basically it screws you in the cases that you release your own fighters as well.

So much debate is being focused on Scottie and how he is picking up and releasing fighters. What many people are forgetting here is that:

#1 Scottie is actually a legit top level manager. He would not be able to get to those top level fighters regularly if he was not ranked so high.

#2 He is spending REAL cash in VIP time to release them early.

Scottie is one of the few people in all of Tycoon history which has been doing what he has been doing and was willing to spend his own money to get tycoon cash. How i see it, let him do it! Many people are willing to pay other players real cash to get tycoon money and he is willing to do it as well while also keeping his rank so high.

I ain't so much pissed at him draining free agents lets face it, the money is gonna go somewhere and if he is paying for VIP etc and it lines Mikes pockets then fair enough. We all know nothin is gonna change.

However i don't understand how you can be a #1 ranked manager without a fighter in the top 10, never mind not even in the top 100. It isn't Scotts fault, but lets be fair he isn't the best manager in the game by a long shot. Look at the top 10 fighters in the world,

Womba, Kelly - 13th

Creel, Lance Templeton - 207

Murdock - Lance Templeton - 207

Kable - Ethan Downs - 226

Samba - Dirk - 63

Bunn - Shortfuse - 53

Bennet - JLP - 119

Otso - Opa - 163

Hearts - Klatz - 22

Gracie - Darko - 20

It seems to weigh heavily on a combination of win/ loss streaks...manager vs manager competition...and quality of fighters at the level you're facing (and stealing hype from). That isn't to say that being #1 ranked manager means you're the best manager per se, but it does mean you're doing SOMETHING right. The formula won't be 100% as sometimes the best managers have off-weeks...but Scottie has been pretty consistently top 20 for awhile now.

Simple solution. Take your fighters money before you release them, play the game the best you can, and don't worry about how rich someone else gets. Who cares if Joe Schmo has twenty private jets? It doesn't make me any poorer or make my fighters fight any worse.

Fucking bingo. By far the most mature and to the point post in this garbage thread.

• Downvote 1