Starting money bonus to balance weightclasses

Manta

Most org owner complain about the lack of fighters in some divisions... since there is a "location" money bonus, maybe the same thing with weight could help rebalance this a bit.

Now i know that a 155lbs fighter can be signed at 265, and his fight weight depends on a lot of things, but it's still doable just by taking the everyday weight into account. The veterans won't give a damn about the extra money, but when you are a total noob, a few hundred dollars can make a difference... so it'll pay off in the long term.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

So it's a dynamic amount with a minimum and maximum? For example, today 5000 new 145lbs fighters are made, so any future 145lbs fighters get less starting cash but the weightclass with the lowest % of fighters would get a larger starting amount, until the ratios change again?

So it's a dynamic amount with a minimum and maximum? For example, today 5000 new 145lbs fighters are made, so any future 145lbs fighters get less starting cash but the weightclass with the lowest % of fighters would get a larger starting amount, until the ratios change again?

No need fot it to be dynamic, Mike can change it every month or so... it would still be effective.

It's a good idea in principle, but would it actually change anything? How many people make a fighter in City X just because they get a couple hundred more dollars to start with? The money bonus is incredibly negligable. If the amounts provided an actual incentive, great. But I know I wouldn't make a 135 pounder just to get an "extra" $500. It'd have to be closer to $5k.

What about also basing the bonus on the managers total number of fights? IE, me as a long time manager would get didly cause, well, I don't really need a little bit extra starting cash for my fighters. But noob manager with no fights, maybe his guy gets a cool 10k at 135 but only 5k at 205? That'd be just as easy as the above to program and send the money where it is most needed; to the noobs.

My view is that we should not be fiddling around with nature. Let people create fighters where they want and at the weight they want. I even feel the city bonus thing is not a great idea either. Let nature take its course. This is a capitalistic Tycoon game, we should not be pushing certain ways of playing. This way it is like you are penalizing people which are from lets say the UK to locate their fighters elsewhere simply because the guys before them decided to pick London. With the weight classes it is the same.

I do understand that the 145 and 135lbs divisions are weaker and so what? They are weaker in real life as well. We should have deep and weak divisions. A person should be given this info to begin with and let him choose without influencing (or bating him) in a certain direction.

I do understand that the 145 and 135lbs divisions are weaker and so what? They are weaker in real life as well. We should have deep and weak divisions. A person should be given this info to begin with and let him choose without influencing (or bating him) in a certain direction.

Not using this as an opportunity to directly plug MFN, but we do have pretty good sized 135 & 145 weight classes, so I wouldn't necessarily say those classes are weaker. I would sum it up by saying managers just need to look a little harder to find what they are looking for... Which leads to my agreement that free will should reign and there's no need to add a bonus. Fighters can move to wherever they want and also change their weight with supplements if they are unhappy with where they start their careers.

• Upvote 1

CCF's 145lbs division is strong also, mainly because it includes all 135lb fighters. This is also why the 170lbs is strong, as it includes 155lbs fighters. I get the occasional contract decline on this account, but it is quite rare.

CCF's 145lbs division is strong also, mainly because it includes all 135lb fighters. This is also why the 170lbs is strong, as it includes 155lbs fighters. I get the occasional contract decline on this account, but it is quite rare.

Yeah i use this with my 155 as being the lowest. Doing what you did (170 to include 155 and 145 for 135) is probably an even better idea though because i rarely can sign anyone for 135