Remove TKO (Cut) stoppages X seconds left in the fight?

Dee

TKO (cut) tweaking  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should TKO (cuts) be limited NOT to happen at the end of the fights?

2. 2. If you answered yes: How many seconds left in the fight would this be sensible to kick in?

• 30 secs left in the fight.
    • 20 secs left in the fight.
    • 10 secs left in the fight.
    • Other, please state your suggestion in the thread.
    • Don't implement this whole thing at all.

What's up?

I have talked about this with Mike and he wanted to hear it from you guys. I suggested him that we remove TKO (cut) stoppages from the end of the fights becouse every now and then you see a doctor stopping a scrap like 4-5 seconds left in the fight which I think is completely unrealistic and well, dumb. I can't recall one IRL fight that this has happened in, ever.

What do you think? I know nothing about coding but sounds to mee it wouldn't take much of Mike's time to implement this.

• Upvote 2

In general it makes sense but I'm not sure about making it absolute. Perhaps raising the threshold before the doctor stops the fight. Instead of being cut 1 more time say 2 more. Since it would only be in the last 30 seconds or so anyway that would effectively make it almost impossible, but not quite.

I wouldn't mind this either really. Just make it really really really really rare. :)

The whole thing is just so absurd to me. Can anyone point out a fight that was stopped let's say ~10 seconds before the final bell becouse of a cut? I can't recall one.

• Upvote 1

One scenario I would accept too is that if this kind of no TKO (cut) stoppage thing kicks in in a fight and fighter A still lands hard and possibly cutting shots it would diminish fighter B's ability to dodge/take strikes even more (blood going to eyes etc). This way it would boost the chance that the fight ended via KO instead of retarded doctor stoppage if stopped at all. This scenario sounds a lot more realistic to me than what we ahave atm.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind this either really. Just make it really really really really rare. :)

The whole thing is just so absurd to me. Can anyone point out a fight that was stopped let's say ~10 seconds before the final bell becouse of a cut? I can't recall one.

+1 agreed, with only 10 sec left it's just stupid to stop the fight, if there are 30 secs or more left though, I could understand it

One scenario I would accept too is that if this kind of no TKO (cut) stoppage thing kicks in in a fight and fighter A still lands hard and possibly cutting shots it would diminish fighter B's ability to dodge/take strikes even more (blood going to eyes etc). This way it would boost the chance that the fight ended via KO instead of retarded doctor stoppage if stopped at all. This scenario sounds a lot more realistic to me than what we ahave atm.

Then maybe it's just a question of adding special flavour text for very late cut stoppages. One or two new texts about "unable to defend" "a river of blood" "Is that a peice of his face down there?" etc.

EDIT: I misunderstood you.

+1 agreed, I would say last 20 seconds though, I know what most people will say but most referee's would give 10 seconds at the end anyway, 30 seconds however is a long time when bleeding and striking/rolling.

The way I proposed would keep them very very rare, how many times do you see 1 or 2 cuts in the first say 14 minutes of a fight and then 2 in the last 30 secs. So it would have to be something extraordinary.

True, but with only 10 seconds left, that better be a really big cut :)

I see your point and maybe that is indeed a good suggestion

I dont remember the last time one of my fights got stopped by a cut, so not sure how big of an issue this is.

I do agree that a stoppage within the last 10 sec. is kind of dumb, so thats where my vote goes. But having a fighter walking around for 20-30 sec. with a severe cut, that would have stopped him if it only happened 31 seconds before the final horn, is a bit of a stretch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i think heart should play a role here, the default should be 30 seconds, then if your fighter has good heart he can persuade the doc/ref to not stop a fight in the final minute so 60-31 seconds left.

play by play. the ref has decided to take a break in action to look at the cut of Nightcrawler, the do comes in and is taking a good look a the cut, it looks like the doc is going to stop this fight, but Nightcrawler is pleading to keep it going, with only 47 seconds left in the fight the doctor is allowing this to continue!

• Upvote 2

i think heart should play a role here, the default should be 30 seconds, then if your fighter has good heart he can persuade the doc/ref to not stop a fight in the final minute so 60-31 seconds left.

play by play. the ref has decided to take a break in action to look at the cut of Nightcrawler, the do comes in and is taking a good look a the cut, it looks like the doc is going to stop this fight, but Nightcrawler is pleading to keep it going, with only 47 seconds left in the fight the doctor is allowing this to continue!

Awesome +1

I had a fight in my org stopped by the doctor with one second left.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=611444

If I remember correctly, it was the losing fighters first fight with a new manager after being picked up in free agency.

Here is what the two managers, alliance mates, had to say about it.

Chris Silvers [futbaldude77]

[2013-12-24 15:37:08] Gonna be honest, the AFDS vs. Chris Christofi ending was ridiculous. 1-1 fight and doctor stops it at 4:59 of the last round? Insane.

Mentor Guruland [Mentor]

[2013-12-24 15:45:19] Funniest moment in MMA history. Being stopped due to cuts 1 second before the fight ends :-)

Here is what the two managers, alliance mates, had to say about it.
Chris Silvers [futbaldude77]
[2013-12-24 15:37:08] Gonna be honest, the AFDS vs. Chris Christofi ending was ridiculous. 1-1 fight and doctor stops it at 4:59 of the last round? Insane.
Mentor Guruland [Mentor]
[2013-12-24 15:45:19] Funniest moment in MMA history. Being stopped due to cuts 1 second before the fight ends :-)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=611444

Exaaaaactly wha Im after here. Stopping fight one or couple seconds before the bell is beyond retarded.

I think the script should be wrote that the fight is less likely to be stopped during the last round as a whole, every minute for the first 4 minutes the chances lowers, then during the last 60 seconds it can decrease every 10 seconds until we reach %0 chance of stoppage. This way the odds of a stoppage go out bit by bit instead of normal odds until 31 seconds then after that your fighters in the clear.

I think it'd also be nice if you could see some monolog between your fighter, the ref and/or physician when you get looked at for a cut, the amount of effort your fighter puts into continuing will depend on things like heart and morale. It'd be way to see if your fighter has a good heart or not even in the event some other hidden has always overshadowed in ToTT, maybe even change what your fighter says based on his intelligence, the higher it is the better he'll phrase himself and wiser wording with the physician could also make the fight less likely to be stopped.

• Upvote 3