Remove TKO (Cut) stoppages X seconds left in the fight?

Dee

TKO (cut) tweaking  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should TKO (cuts) be limited NOT to happen at the end of the fights?

2. 2. If you answered yes: How many seconds left in the fight would this be sensible to kick in?

• 30 secs left in the fight.
    • 20 secs left in the fight.
    • 10 secs left in the fight.
    • Other, please state your suggestion in the thread.
    • Don't implement this whole thing at all.

Change the fight-ending cut text to: "There's so much fucking blood on the mat, Budo Rei slips and breaks his goddamn neck! He's fucking dead, Joe!" Then the Joe Rogan "spilled ice on the mat rant" ensues, only with blood replacing the word "ice".

I would also settle for a "bath salts" type ending for Budo Rei's face.

orrrrrrrrrr....... 30 secs is fine.

• Upvote 1

I agree with a few here and say no cut stoppages within a minute to go. I have actually won a few fights with cut stoppages within 10 seconds left and thought it was kind of a dumb way to end it. I do like the way cuts are setup, and do not want them nerfed at all other than at the end of the fight.

• Upvote 1

it's kind of amazing nobody has really brought much attention to the frequency of cut stoppages in this game. it's been around for so long people just accept it as part of the game and sack guys who rolled a bad cuts hidden. obviously nothing is going to change but let's be honest in assessing how unrealistic the frequency of these stoppages are. in real life mma it is VERY, VERY rare that a fighter gets cut so bad that it actually forces a stoppage. I'd love to pull the stats on it over the years

look at this guy http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=156606

13 of his 21 fights have ended by TKO Cut. Dayam!

• 1 month later...

The only way that this would be realistic is if it was set to the last 10 seconds of a fight. The doctor's job is to protect the fighter and he is not going to risk his medical license with 30 full seconds left and a guy bleeding all over. The reason you don't see it happen is because new giant cuts rarely open that late in a fight. However, if you are going to do this, a ref should also be far less likely to stop a fight due to TKO in the last 5 seconds of a fight.

I'd rather leave it as it is than have it set at an unrealistic time like 30 seconds.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest to stop the fight only after 2or3 cuts, and maybe add an option to the fighter tactics to choose continue or stop if the fighter is injured or cut.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:55 of round 2, we have a winner by way of TKO (Cut). Ravil Lebedev!
An out of breath Ravil Lebedev thanked his loyal fans in his post fight interview, giving them credit for his success over the course of his career."

Is this thread leading to something? What are the developers views on this?