Your Own Fighters Fighting Each Other

slick.nik

easy tell org owner and decline fight quick to let then know so they reorganize fights for upcoming event .There busy people and sometimes don't realize if two fighters belong to same manager .They more likely then likely get you new fights for the 2 of then ...Happen me in my org quite a bit with new fighters and new managers no idea who belongs to who till this happens :yes:

Usually I agree with this statement... But I believe hes sent messages and been ignored

I would duck myself

LOL Thats funny, but now your leaving yourself open for snide remarks :shades:

People in this thread are missing the obvious value of having your fighters fight each other. The only way to really know your fighter is if you know the opponents hiddens and slider settings. The only detriment is manager record which is nominal in the long run.

Ethically I see the problem more when org owners may fill cards with their own fighters and bloat rank/hype to create cash for themselves.

Definitly a benifit but I dont think I would do it. At least not at this point in my gaming. later maybe :thumbup:

I declined the fight a couple times and then a few months later said screw it and took the fight. I only did some minor adjustments to the settings from their last fights and ultimately set them to 100% SHIG.

Of course the guy I would rather have win lost. But whatever. I suck at this game now anyway.

You shouldn't accept it I think. I accidentally paired up two fighters by the same guy and he accepted. When I found out I apologised because I didn't want to do it, but messed up the pairs from memory. No good owner will do this on purpose and no owner has the right to get mad if you decline. ..

• Upvote 2

You shouldn't accept it I think. I accidentally paired up two fighters by the same guy and he accepted. When I found out I apologised because I didn't want to do it, but messed up the pairs from memory. No good owner will do this on purpose and no owner has the right to get mad if you decline. ..

Yeah when i ran LFNC i accidentally did this a few times. It mainly happens after i get a few fight declines and i reshuffle a fight not noticing that i match up 2 fighters from the same manager.

They usually decline with a short message telling me why it happend. I apologized and moved on with replacing the fight again. Although once or twice i noticed (after the fight was accepted) that i accidentally sent an owner 2 of his fighters and he accepted. Oh wells.

• Upvote 1

Aside from sometimes having a fighter wait too long for a fight (which is often attached to waiting for a fair fight), this is actually the mistake I seem to make most as an org owner. Fortunately, I have had managers who declined with an appropriate explanation.

I have no idea why someone would put you to fight yourself on purpose. I mean i have done it by mistake a few times in the past. Usually i try to only have one fighter of the same manager in one division. There are some exceptions when i had an experienced manager have his veteran and let him have his up and comer long term replacement on the roster as well.

Anyway, it is probably a mistake, so talk to the org owner.

What do you think of my situation? We are running a grand prix, and I believe two or more other fighters has at least two guys in it. Winning would only result in them having to have another fighter lose, so a flawless performance means they'd HAVE to face off.

What do you think of my situation? We are running a grand prix, and I believe two or more other fighters has at least two guys in it. Winning would only result in them having to have another fighter lose, so a flawless performance means they'd HAVE to face off.

well i guess in that situation they signed up knowing they would fight eventually?

Are they in different sides of the bracket or is it random? Either way they signed up knowing they could meet, so i guess thats a different scenario

My thought is that not many managers would be an advocate for this approach.

However, if it is established when people sign up for your Grand Prix what the requirements are, including the possibility of fighting your own fighter, I would say it is fair.

With that being said, many may say that it is just better to define it so that a manager can only have one fighter in such arrangements.

My thought is that not many managers would be an advocate for this approach.

However, if it is established when people sign up for your Grand Prix what the requirements are, including the possibility of fighting your own fighter, I would say it is fair.

With that being said, many may say that it is just better to define it so that a manager can only have one fighter in such arrangements.

Not having experienced manager involved may be a big part of it I guess haha.

But as I said before, I have fighters involved, and if it comes to it that my fighters face off against each other, I have no problem with it and will try my best to have each execute their gameplans effectively.

Never fight your own fighters against each other. It results in no hype/pop and just kills your fighter energy and one of their records :)

I mean that literally. Fighters facing off who belong to the same manager do NOT receive hype/pop for their fight.

I think that's a different thing as they have two guys in the gp. It was their choice not to enter just 1. In those cases I would try to make sure they won't fight themselves until the final I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...