Unretiring a fighter from Old Account.

GBK16

Unretiring my fighter  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be allowed to unretire a fighter that was on my old account?

• Yes
    • No

Ive asked Mike about this and he said he would be happy to do it as long as other players in the game were okay with it.

Heres the backstory. I had an account on this game that was deleted for inactivity and as such, my fighters that were on that account retired. After looking through it, I want to unretire one of the fighters but since it was on the account that was deleted, I cant do that without Mike's consent.

Just for anyone wondering, I am not Multi-Accounting, simply had to make a new account due to the old one being closed for inactivity.

Vote away and we can have a precedent set for others who may be going through similar circumstances.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It would be a case of unretire and I pay the 20 VIP days to get him.

Unretire and you get him straight on your roster (no), or unretire and he becomes FA and you take your chances picking him up (maybe)?

It would be a case of I would unretire him by paying 20 VIP days to get him on my roster.

• Upvote 1

I voted no. While you are the same person as the guy who controlled the last account, you are a different Tycoon manager. As such, you shouldn't get any advantages over any other managers.

If you didn't want to lose the fighters, you should've put your account on vacation mode before going inactive.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yeah. I don't think you should. Like Nexus said, you have started over and them fighters have had their time. So for me it was a no. But good luck in game. Glad you're back. Always good to see returning managers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I voted no. While you are the same person as the guy who controlled the last account, you are a different Tycoon manager. As such, you shouldn't get any advantages over any other managers.

If you didn't want to lose the fighters, you should've put your account on vacation mode before going inactive.

It's not really an advantage, he created that fighter a long time ago. If the fighter has not been trained/managed by any other manager during his leave, he should be allowed to get his old fighter back.

• Upvote 1

I don't see what advantage that would give him over me.

• Upvote 1

I vote yes but can see were the other guys are coming from he might be a quality fighter and get a really good record with out building a fighter on his new account and there are new mangers struggling to pick up decent fighters.

But doesn't make a difference to me so for a one of and because he at least is doing it the right way I say let him have his old fighter

My vote atm is yes because...

He gets a fighter that has missed a lot of training. Mike gets 20 days VIP.

If a precedent is set it's still not an automatic process, Mike needs to do every request individually.

But...

It would seem fairer if the fighter became a free agent.

That way, someone can try to pick up an old fighter that they are fond of but the normal rules aren't compromised.

In fact...

I know we're talking about a special favour for a returning manager here, but what about a more general option for this idea? If the process were automated, and for 20 VIP any manager could bring back a fighter (their own fighters only, from the list that already exists) from retirement to FA, it would create a whole new source of VIP spending that I can't see any harm in. The best fighters would be risky because another may pick them up, but more average fighters would probably go unnoticed. I like the paralells to Real Life fighters returning after quitting too, because that happens often enough in combat sports.

I am voting no, very rare occasion i would vote on the same side as Castor.

Troid was given to your i am gonna say brother but you can correct me on it again by Mike, it doesn't in anyway give him an advantage over anyone else. As far as i was concerned it was a shell of an org, same way Oni despite them keeping their hype, isn't any real advantage to them either. Getting a fighter back however gives you an advantage over other managers who have just started out. It doesn't really affect my game but i can see how other managers would deem it unfair after quitting and coming back. They have to sit and either free agent pick or train new fighters, while you cherry pick from old retired fighters that you had.

Quick question/edit

Did this fighter already fall down through free agency and wasn't picked up or was he retired to be your PA or some shit? I have never known fighters to just be retired because of a managers account being deleted, they tend to fall on free agency.

The same thing got asked before by Jbomb, he got a fighter who wasn't retired but on Chris Karters roster over to be his PA. When he asked about getting him out of retirement he was shot down even if it was just for one fight. So i feel like precedent has already been set, if it was a no then, it should be a no now.

• Upvote 2

The same thing got asked before by Jbomb, he got a fighter who wasn't retired but on Chris Karters roster over to be his PA. When he asked about getting him out of retirement he was shot down even if it was just for one fight. So i feel like precedent has already been set, if it was a no then, it should be a no now.

This is the only reason why I voted no. It shouldnt be allowed for some people to get the fighters back when others already have gotten a no.

The advantage is getting to use a fighter that no other manager has the opportunity to use. Technically, that fighter is out of the game. If he were somehow to come back in, he should be a FA who is available to everyone.

Like I said before, while you personally trained this fighter, your Tycoon ID is tied to your manager account, not your real life ID. Your new manager account has no more rights to ownership of this fighter than any other manager account.

I agree with the point that this fighter has been sitting retired and is probably not all that desirable, but it is not a precedent I want to set.

I am voting no, very rare occasion i would vote on the same side as Castor.

Troid was given to your i am gonna say brother but you can correct me on it again by Mike, it doesn't in anyway give him an advantage over anyone else. As far as i was concerned it was a shell of an org, same way Oni despite them keeping their hype, isn't any real advantage to them either. Getting a fighter back however gives you an advantage over other managers who have just started out. It doesn't really affect my game but i can see how other managers would deem it unfair after quitting and coming back. They have to sit and either free agent pick or train new fighters, while you cherry pick from old retired fighters that you had.

Quick question/edit

Did this fighter already fall down through free agency and wasn't picked up or was he retired to be your PA or some shit? I have never known fighters to just be retired because of a managers account being deleted, they tend to fall on free agency.

Im assuming he fell through the Free Agent list as I wasnt online to see what happened to him and I never retired him intentionally. Also, one of my other fighters was picked up by a guy so im 100% sure it was FA list for him.

Also im sure with most people's view on ID numbers I wouldnt be fighting any newer managers with this guy as he was in the first 40k.

It has no other manager on his Previous Manager list so I dont think he would have any training since being retired.

I understand the view of the need for balance and fairness in the game, which is why it was put to a poll.

I feel like this needs to be a Tycoon Community decision so that we can decide what is best for the future of the game.

I dont see how an older fighter would affect newer managers unless they claimed an older fighter from the FA List also, but since there is a slight possibility of it happening, its best for the community to be able to judge for themselves.