a fighter of mine has a son who is ready to join mmatycoon

Jeffro

I'm just going to throw this out there, as this idea has not been refined. Here is an example of my idea. A certain fighter of mine has a son, who then joins mma tycoon. At creation he gets a small skill bonus (like maybe 5 to 15% random and possibly including hiddens). This skill bonus could also be determined by the skills of the father. The better the fighter of the father, the better he can teach his son.

This would be like in the real world, where a child growing up being raised by an mma fighter will very likely start his training at a very young age as a child, knowing nothing but mma, compared to a child growing up with out a mma father, who may not be introduced to the world of mma until his late teens, or because of a lack of guidance joins a Tae Bo class thinking that he's learning how to fight, because he didn't have any parents who knew better.

Take me for example, I didn't know about mma until I was about 22, and in my mid teens I joined tae kwon do. By the time I actually got interested in mma it was really to late to join a mma class (because of financial issues.) Had my parents known about mma, they would have started me in mma classes instead of tae kwon do.

This could be a rare event. Something like how once in awhile someone gets a message that's let's you know the iq of one of your fighters. Maybe on somewhat rare occasions you may get a message stating that one of your fighters has a son that's ready to join mmatycoon, and then would provide you a link to the fighter creation screen.

Take my idea and modify it to best fit into mma tycoon, but don't reject the whole of it :)

• Upvote 3

Unfortunately, when I think this through as something for creation, I think the natural way would be an experience hidden boost. That's already there and tied to "amateur career".

I think it's a good idea as a "random event", I could imagine an in-game message saying that your famous father has been talking you up on TV or something, and you get a hype boost., but I've tried to encourage Mike to create more random messages like this before and he doesn't seem in a hurry to implement any.

Training makes you a champion, not genetics. But I like the idea though

Genetics helps as well, however i am not sure how this idea can get in. It also has to only apply for high ranking fighters and only after they retire. Maybe this should also only apply in the case of 16y olds to give an extra incentive for people to spend on those.

Genetics helps as well, however i am not sure how this idea can get in. It also has to only apply for high ranking fighters and only after they retire. Maybe this should also only apply in the case of 16y olds to give an extra incentive for people to spend on those.

Give me some examples please.

This is a little different,but Jon Jones has 2 NFL defensive ends as brothers,im pretty sure they have very good genetics to have 3 professional athletes from the same household. Athleticism in MMA can get you halfway to a title itself when paired with good technique.

This is a little different,but Jon Jones has 2 NFL defensive ends as brothers,im pretty sure they have very good genetics to have 3 professional athletes from the same household. Athleticism in MMA can get you halfway to a title itself when paired with good technique.

That's because they started trainig that sport very young, because one of their family members was playing it. (I have no idea what game are you talking about though)

That's because they started trainig that sport very young, because one of their family members was playing it. (I have no idea what game are you talking about though)

Lol almost every American trains(competes) a sport at very young age, doesn't mean you will go professional in it. NFL is American football, like rugby just contracts are worth millions and millions of dollars. They have great genetics to go with their early training

• Upvote 1

Scooby makes a good point. Jon Jones trained in American Football before Wrestling which lead into MMA. It is pretty much genetics can give you the athleticism needed for sports, you may still need to train to be a pro, but the genetics gives you a head start over others.

Lol almost every American trains(competes) a sport at very young age, doesn't mean you will go professional in it. NFL is American football, like rugby just contracts are worth millions and millions of dollars. They have great genetics to go with their early training

If you train hard and be ambitious you will probably go pro.
  • Downvote 1

Genetics play a big part in your life it defines you .its your talent ..my parents are both sports runners in there youngrr age an my father. played soccer in england as a pro(nt epl lol) .now if they didnt do that i wuldnt have been the sportsman i am today.. :P hope it makes sense... but training does make u a champ an takes u the rest of the way

• Upvote 1

Is that a joke? Take American football for example. 0.08% of high school players make it to the NFL. Thats 8 in every 10,000. You think only a handful of 10,000 people are ambitious and train hard?

If you take those 8 people only 2 would have a dad who's done that.

If you take those 8 people only 2 would have a dad who's done that.

Lmao, completely irrelevant. Nowhere on this thread did anyone say only children who had pro athlete fathers go pro. They said genetics can play a large part on your athleticism and they're right. If genetics hands you terrible metabolism, chronic asthma and Down's syndrome you can train 12 hours/7days a week and go nowhere while someone who inherits athletic genes and no health problems may train 2 hours/4days a week and become a professional athlete.

• Upvote 3

This is actually what my idea was supposed to represent. Not genetics. But being raised in an athletic environment more so then your average kid. But others have made good points about genetics. So my idea could represent a combination of both.

I'm sure genetics help, but most of that is related to size/build as far as MMA goes, which really only defines your weight class as far as how that relates to MMA. It's not going to make you punch, kick, or grapple any better. All of those things come from experience, heart(and the rest of the mental game) and work ethic.

Having your parents bring you in the environment at an early age will definitely help though.

This is a good idea, but there has to be a limit as Mentor said, otherwise everybody will be the son or brother of someone else.

Maybe in top 100 per weight class or 500 p4p? Something a long those lines.

Also as far as genetics go, maybe it can be applied to hiddens such as cuts/injuries. But I don't the the rest really has any effect as far as genetics.(Off the top of my head)

I think.its more following in.your fathers footsteps than genetics. Take Steven "wonderboy" Thompson for example, his dad was a karate hot shot and now Thompson is. Same with ronda rousey. As mma is a new sport it hasnt really had time for sons to be in mma as there father was. A.Silvas son may be going that route but we dont know really if that successful mma fighters are teaching/training their sons to do the same

Many people posted examples here, however i have to say that genetics wont be enough. You still need training and nobody said the effects of the in game gym will go away. But since you brought up the subject, i actually work in the health industry and around 7% of all known diseases are somewhat related to genetics. In the case of physical traits it is even more evident though. Size, speed, natural tendencies all can come from your parents. For example you cannot "train" size (blatant example i know), the same way that you cannot train KO power, although you can improve it i guess.

Lmao, completely irrelevant. Nowhere on this thread did anyone say only children who had pro athlete fathers go pro. They said genetics can play a large part on your athleticism and they're right. If genetics hands you terrible metabolism, chronic asthma and Down's syndrome you can train 12 hours/7days a week and go nowhere while someone who inherits athletic genes and no health problems may train 2 hours/4days a week and become a professional athlete.

Stop using me as an example damn it.

And how would you guys explain Randy's shitty kid?

i like it, it can be like 16, 17 year olds, at creation you use VIP days to get a small ratings boost. so for maybe 90 days VIP you fighter can have a son who wants to fight and instead of starting with (random numbers) 150 points to distribute he starts with 210 or something.