New Manager ranking system - Good or Bad

Viking

Is the new manager ranking better than the old one?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is the new manager ranking better than the old one?

• Yes
    • No
    • I need more time to make an opinion

Usually downvotes are based on the person more than the post,Mentor is going to get -6 or more on every post for quite some time now because of his actions recently. Castor is just.... Castor,i think his posts begin with a -2 status

We should investigate downvote abuse in the same way that we investigate other types of abuse. It should only be used for inappropriate messages, spam, or trolling. Simply disagreeing with an opinion or not liking the poster is not a reason for a downvote.

Unless we stop this, trolls and abusers will have no motivation to improve, since they are going to get downvoted no matter what they do, plus people will be afraid to express any unpopular opinion out of fear of a downvote and the forums will become bland and one sided.

People who use downvotes to say "I disagree" or "I don't like you" need to stop that shit and ACTUALLY POST A REPLY that they disagree or don't like the person.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

We should investigate downvote abuse in the same way that we investigate other types of abuse. It should only be used for inappropriate messages, spam, or trolling. Simply disagreeing with an opinion or not liking the poster is not a reason for a downvote.

Unless we stop this, trolls and abusers will have no motivation to improve, since they are going to get downvoted no matter what they do, plus people will be afraid to express any unpopular opinion out of fear of a downvote and the forums will become bland and one sided.

People who use downvotes to say "I disagree" or "I don't like you" need to stop that shit and ACTUALLY POST A REPLY that they disagree or don't like the person.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/51555201.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Because people don't know how to properly use the downvote.

This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen said on the forums.

Seriously.

There is no proper use of the downvote. The downvote should be removed because people (always, everywhere, every day and without fail) jump on huge dickwagons so that they can get their egoic asshole filled with fulfilling green and red numbers that make their faces and/or genitals melt with immeasurable pleasure. I hope they all get gaping pink socks. (BTW do not look that one up - actually ask CGrace about his wife's pink sock if you really want to know. In fact Between him and his wife and all the services they offer, they actually have a cute lil pair of pink socks... true story)

It is literally the worst thing about this game (not pink socks you sicko the dam -1s) short of BS with the game engine . I am sorry Mike it is definitely not an attack on you, your forum or your game or even the way you do things - just an observation on people in general (actually it differs a bit here because the majority are hyped up males who think they can fight).

My point, NexusX is that you are of course right but at the same time you did get downvoted 3 times for saying the TRUTH. It was no doubt more before today and trust me I did not keep track of this thread. I am sure some of the folks, you know the ones with integrity? They probably counteracted some of the -1s. But on the whole -1s are not needed at all. It is honestly just negativity. And that is all. I simply choose not to take part in negativity. Do you blame me? That is because you are egoic.

All I am saying is facebook never put that dislike bs in. Not that I have facebook. Also I am not saying that Mike should start making "mainstream friendly" choices for his own website (it is his choice but let's just take a deeper look shall we?). Youtube put it in and look wtf happens there neverendingly every milisecond that passes: non stop trolling and negativity which only creates more confusion and STOPS the PROGRESS. Positive progress. Sure facebook has tons of rant posts etc. but there's probably a lot less angry stupid bs there just because there is no number on the negativity. Allowing all forum users to -1 means you are putting a number on the negativity in the forums and you are creating so much crap that it literally turns people away.

My feeling is: these forums probably turn away a lot of people with all the negativity involved. You would have many more people FREQUENTING the forums if it was a more positive atmosphere. You would have way more posters and likely the same amount of posts if there were more people coming to this forum. Not these recycled rerun CBombs who post and post and repost all this negativity and horseshit and bile and its just disgusting... because it turns away the new guys. Your forums would be way more active from more users alone forget amount of posts from the same individuals.

Do the math Mike. Please. Even if you removed -1 capability from everyone but the mods. Wouldn't that work?

That's something I wouldn't mind as I feel most of the mods are good judges in most situations.

I know the -1s were likely added to prevent misinformation from being spread but we all know that the mods can clear up misinformation alone so don't tell me we need the -1s.

We don't.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen said on the forums.

Seriously.

There is no proper use of the downvote. The downvote should be removed because people (always, everywhere, every day and without fail) jump on huge dickwagons so that they can get their egoic asshole filled with fulfilling green and red numbers that make their faces and/or genitals melt with immeasurable pleasure. I hope they all get gaping pink socks. (BTW do not look that one up - actually ask CGrace about his wife's pink sock if you really want to know. In fact Between him and his wife and all the services they offer, they actually have a cute lil pair of pink socks... true story)

It is literally the worst thing about this game (not pink socks you sicko the dam -1s) short of BS with the game engine . I am sorry Mike it is definitely not an attack on you, your forum or your game or even the way you do things - just an observation on people in general (actually it differs a bit here because the majority are hyped up males who think they can fight).

My point, NexusX is that you are of course right but at the same time you did get downvoted 3 times for saying the TRUTH. It was no doubt more before today and trust me I did not keep track of this thread. I am sure some of the folks, you know the ones with integrity? They probably counteracted some of the -1s. But on the whole -1s are not needed at all. It is honestly just negativity. And that is all. I simply choose not to take part in negativity. Do you blame me? That is because you are egoic.

All I am saying is facebook never put that dislike bs in. Not that I have facebook. Also I am not saying that Mike should start making "mainstream friendly" choices for his own website (it is his choice but let's just take a deeper look shall we?). Youtube put it in and look wtf happens there neverendingly every milisecond that passes: non stop trolling and negativity which only creates more confusion and STOPS the PROGRESS. Positive progress. Sure facebook has tons of rant posts etc. but there's probably a lot less angry stupid bs there just because there is no number on the negativity. Allowing all forum users to -1 means you are putting a number on the negativity in the forums and you are creating so much crap that it literally turns people away.

My feeling is: these forums probably turn away a lot of people with all the negativity involved. You would have many more people FREQUENTING the forums if it was a more positive atmosphere. You would have way more posters and likely the same amount of posts if there were more people coming to this forum. Not these recycled rerun CBombs who post and post and repost all this negativity and horseshit and bile and its just disgusting... because it turns away the new guys. Your forums would be way more active from more users alone forget amount of posts from the same individuals.

Do the math Mike. Please. Even if you removed -1 capability from everyone but the mods. Wouldn't that work?

That's something I wouldn't mind as I feel most of the mods are good judges in most situations.

I know the -1s were likely added to prevent misinformation from being spread but we all know that the mods can clear up misinformation alone so don't tell me we need the -1s.

We don't.

http://media20.giphy.com/media/GQnsaAWZ8ty00/giphy.gif?w=320

In some cases I feel the negs are needed, like misinformation or "certain people" post stuff that is stupid as fuck or could potentially put new guys off playing.

But generally negs are just that, something that people try to use to instigate an argument.

"certain people" is a bullshit term...

Anyone can be this "certain people" you speak of. I do not think it is fair that the people themselves of this forums think that their own collective judgment is ok. It is a mob mentality and everyone is just trying to get some sort of "aproval" from who? everyone? Mods? Mike? Whatever the case may be the fact remains that the undeserving are sometimes scapegoated from time to time. Which I find unfair. I haven't even been subject to this to be honest. The most negs i got in a post was like 5 maybe 6. And it was because people felt indirectly targeted and/or offended by my post I suppose. This is not me complaining cuz "jimmy punched me", this is me saying that y'all shouldn't be allowed to neg anymore.

Does that make you uncomfortable? Will your "power" be gone if you can no longer neg a mofo?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Being new here, I admit to holding my tongue, rather than risking the neg. votes that I knew would follow.

but on a good note, that has also kept me from telling some-one how stupid they sound, and more than once.

anyway, cheers all, be safe and happy.

Being new here, I admit to holding my tongue, rather than risking the neg. votes that I knew would follow.

but on a good note, that has also kept me from telling some-one how stupid they sound, and more than once.

anyway, cheers all, be safe and happy.

Here's a little tip I figured out a few years ago. If you think you may have typed something really dumb, possibly due to drinking, just don't open the thread again. Pretend it didn't happen and in 3 days everybody will have hopefully and most likely forgotten.

Negative votes are important by the way. Negative reinforcement is important and is a great way to show your disagreement without actually having to engage somebody who might be an idiot. Everybody knows that idiots drag you down to there level and beat you with experience and it just isn't worth the headache. Sometimes a "That is incorrect" button is nice. I personally find the lack of a thumbs down on facebook to be a bad thing.

• Upvote 2

Only people like you would think that

"People like me". Of course.

What kind of person would that be? Constantly in the top 20 for the last 7 months? Top 10 3 times now? Don't participate in dumb forum negativity, mudslinging, or useless insults? Gettin' high er'day?

Yes that sounds like me. I guess that pretty much epitomizes who I am.

Thank you for noticing. Have fun with your low ranking second rate fighters, at the bottom of Davy Jones's locker IE the bottom of the rankings list...

The first insult is free. After that the gloves come off.

Interesting how these threads get soooooo derailed and so fast too. =)

Yes. You are right. I tend to rant at times. But I'm just so GOOD at derailing threads :dancing:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

"People like me". Of course.

What kind of person would that be? Constantly in the top 20 for the last 7 months? Top 10 3 times now? Don't participate in dumb forum negativity, mudslinging, or useless insults? Gettin' high er'day?

Yes that sounds like me. I guess that pretty much epitomizes who I am.

Thank you for noticing. Have fun with your low ranking second rate fighters, at the bottom of Davy Jones's locker IE the bottom of the rankings list...

The first insult is free. After that the gloves come off.

Wow man, relax it was a joke. I thought that was pretty obvious but apparently not. I guess I should have added a smiley winkley face for ya. As for my second rate fighters, I believe it was your fighter that I just knocked out of Division 1 TWGC finals.

• Upvote 3

But that doesn't count! I want them to see that little box on the right a bright red with a negative number in it. Feel the shame in having a negative on the post, curl up into a little ball and cry for mommy.

• Upvote 1

Wow man, relax it was a joke. I thought that was pretty obvious but apparently not. I guess I should have added a smiley winkley face for ya. As for my second rate fighters, I believe it was your fighter that I just knocked out of Division 1 TWGC finals.

You're right of course. However TWGC is grappling so good job on the mat but we shall see if we ever do meet in full MMA combat. Scheckler is not my own creation so I do not exactly pride myself on FA pickups. Don't even fight with them usually unless it is KT or most recently testing the waters in a new division.

On a related note: I totally derailed this thread!

It is so me to put something I feel is important on a useless thread like this where so few will read it.

LMAO!

• Downvote 1