Island season 3

MMATycoon

When I looked at season 2 periodically, I noticed the companies seemed decent. I was surprised because it was season 2 and managers were still interested. It would be nice if there was a better incentive for company owners, besides just the fact that you will have limited competition on the island. The gyms didn't seem like there was great training, but it did seem like the owners were doing okay financially because of the high numbers, but I would have to hear feedback on that to know if that was true. To me 6 months seems kind of long, actually.

Learning speed seemed to be really slow.. or I had a dufus for a fighter. Maybe increase it 1.2 to 1.4 times normal across the board. 6 months is fine.. more starting points in physicals would be nice.

Six months seems good to me. But starting another season so fast isnt a good idea, i dont think. It would give people something to look forward to if it was a few months away but maybe thats just me. Either way I'm gonna have at least two guys on the next season.

Gyms worked fine if you are winning. If not you'll find yourself in abit of a cash problem real soon. There are option for cheaper mid level coach gyms. There really is no real reason to have elite coaches on the island but no one goes the route of creating superb/wonderful

level coaches. Its either $50 conditioning gyms or $600+ coaches gym.

I dont see there being a change anytime soon as there is no insentive to be a mid level gym. Also it seems that the companies that are on the island are more goodwill types to help the island out and who can blame them. Without them the island would suffer.

As far as learning goes, last season i had an uber slow learner and it was pointless to do sessions with him. This season my fighter has done some real improvements. Learning speed hidden is definatly a viable hidden on the island because of the time frame, the playing field is even and there are no monsters waiting.

• Upvote 1

Mike is the cutting of our old fighters gonna count against the 15/30 days on releasing a fighter or do we get to dump then with no penalty (just of the end of the season)?

Thats actually a really interesting question.

Mike is the cutting of our old fighters gonna count against the 15/30 days on releasing a fighter or do we get to dump then with no penalty (just of the end of the season)?

I think if it's end of season it's just released as if you loose VIP. so not 15-30 day penalty for it. but Mike would have to confirm it

it won't charge you anything to release whoever you choose to release, if this guy returning to the real world takes you over your fighter limit.... but i would imagine if you wanted to release someone else straight after that, you would have to pay the VIP days for early release - there isn't really any way around that as it stands, programming wise.

yeah I know but us "cool" kids ussually get together in one division. Season 1 was 185 and season 2 now was 155. Question is what will season 3 be. I'll be a sad little monkey if I don't get to spank marky's bum for S3 as well. KRad needs one too!.. spanking that is

Atlantis was my first experience running a company, and I really enjoyed it, so I'll be bringing the company back to The Island in future seasons. Honestly, I hope there isn't another nutrition company next season, since it will mean more money comes in to me quicker and I can get better products back out quickly. There is much more money to be made in a fight org, though, which is tempting.

As far as what I'd like to see for next season, the only real issue is how slowly the season starts off, which I would assume could be changed with a little bit more money in fighter's pockets to start until the fight orgs can afford to do shows in the bigger venues. Unless there is a way you can program it for businesses (especially on The Island) to borrow more than $50k, the only way I see them getting more money is to pay fighters less (fight org) and/or hope they spend more (clothing/sup). I would love to be able to borrow $150,000 out the gate next season and start with at least two 150q products, just as I would assume a fight org might like to be able to give out 4-digit contracts to start, rather than 500/500 with widely ranging signing bonuses.

Oh, and...

Gyms worked fine if you are winning. If not you'll find yourself in a bit of a cash problem real soon.

Also it seems that the companies that are on the island are more goodwill types to help the island out and who can blame them. Without them the island would suffer.

...this is exactly how I feel on these two topics. I wasn't trying to make money with Atlantis; in the whole six months I ran the company, I profited ~$135,000, and that's only because I didn't see the point in R&Ding another product for the last month of the season, otherwise there would be a $128,000 R&D expense for another 155q product, and I would have profited all of $7,000. I enjoy the level playing field that The Island provides, though, and will continue to run a low-profit company there for as long as there is an Island.

edit: Oh, maybe make a new subforum for each season of The Island, if only to potentially spur interest in it both on the forums and in the base game.

• Upvote 5