Island season 3

MMATycoon

Atlantis was my first experience running a company, and I really enjoyed it, so I'll be bringing the company back to The Island in future seasons. Honestly, I hope there isn't another nutrition company next season, since it will mean more money comes in to me quicker and I can get better products back out quickly. There is much more money to be made in a fight org, though, which is tempting.

As far as what I'd like to see for next season, the only real issue is how slowly the season starts off, which I would assume could be changed with a little bit more money in fighter's pockets to start until the fight orgs can afford to do shows in the bigger venues. Unless there is a way you can program it for businesses (especially on The Island) to borrow more than $50k, the only way I see them getting more money is to pay fighters less (fight org) and/or hope they spend more (clothing/sup). I would love to be able to borrow $150,000 out the gate next season and start with at least two 150q products, just as I would assume a fight org might like to be able to give out 4-digit contracts to start, rather than 500/500 with widely ranging signing bonuses.

Oh, and...

...this is exactly how I feel on these two topics. I wasn't trying to make money with Atlantis; in the whole six months I ran the company, I profited ~$135,000, and that's only because I didn't see the point in R&Ding another product for the last month of the season, otherwise there would be a $128,000 R&D expense for another 155q product, and I would have profited all of $7,000. I enjoy the level playing field that The Island provides, though, and will continue to run a low-profit company there for as long as there is an Island.

edit: Oh, maybe make a new subforum for each season of The Island, if only to potentially spur interest in it both on the forums and in the base game.

I ran Gladiator FC on the Island, made 550k of pure profit money in there :)

Just loved running it there, every event made about 70-100k profit :)

As a proud shopper at Atlantis i wanna say thanks for making a good product.

Hope to see you in S3 :)

Atlantis was my first experience running a company, and I really enjoyed it, so I'll be bringing the company back to The Island in future seasons. Honestly, I hope there isn't another nutrition company next season, since it will mean more money comes in to me quicker and I can get better products back out quickly. There is much more money to be made in a fight org, though, which is tempting.

As far as what I'd like to see for next season, the only real issue is how slowly the season starts off, which I would assume could be changed with a little bit more money in fighter's pockets to start until the fight orgs can afford to do shows in the bigger venues. Unless there is a way you can program it for businesses (especially on The Island) to borrow more than $50k, the only way I see them getting more money is to pay fighters less (fight org) and/or hope they spend more (clothing/sup). I would love to be able to borrow $150,000 out the gate next season and start with at least two 150q products, just as I would assume a fight org might like to be able to give out 4-digit contracts to start, rather than 500/500 with widely ranging signing bonuses.

Oh, and...

...this is exactly how I feel on these two topics. I wasn't trying to make money with Atlantis; in the whole six months I ran the company, I profited ~$135,000, and that's only because I didn't see the point in R&Ding another product for the last month of the season, otherwise there would be a $128,000 R&D expense for another 155q product, and I would have profited all of $7,000. I enjoy the level playing field that The Island provides, though, and will continue to run a low-profit company there for as long as there is an Island.

edit: Oh, maybe make a new subforum for each season of The Island, if only to potentially spur interest in it both on the forums and in the base game.

• Upvote 1

I think it would help if managers could still give fighters money. My guy ran out of money twice. I think it could also be beneficial to have all the non org companies computer run. That way we can get good sups, you could even remove clothing companies all together and keep everyone in there tycoon gear. It would keep it simple and on a more even playing field.

• Downvote 3

I think it would help if managers could still give fighters money. My guy ran out of money twice. I think it could also be beneficial to have all the non org companies computer run. That way we can get good sups, you could even remove clothing companies all together and keep everyone in there tycoon gear. It would keep it simple and on a more even playing field.

If the managers were able to give fighters money, it wouldnt be the island.... Maybe the fighters can have a little more pay, but the main point of the island is managing your money. You cant join an expensive gym if you dont have the money and a little hype. I agree about needing better supplements, but this season didnt seem too bad with inferior ones. Removing clothing companies would be a disaster for morale of fighters in cozad or after a loss, i think we shouldnt change the whole setup on the island, if anything i feel 25YO builds need a little more skills upon creation and MAYBE the island fighters should have a little more money.

• Upvote 1

no

Too many fighters join the $600 gyms straight of the bat. You don't need that type of gym in the begining. Work on your physicals and when the time comes for skill improvements then you'll have the money to train full time and not worry about anything.

Think out a better stratigic build than going one skill wonderful and the rest with whatever is left of your points. You only have 6 months so don't count on any major training accomplishments and consider the improvements he does as an added bonus. That's why you need to start out with a good enough build straight from the start.

Fast learners have a hugh advantage on the island. The hidden is definitely worth considering depending on your build. Also if it's money your after then checking the popular fighter hidden can increase the money flow early on but it's a wasted hidden imo.

• Upvote 1

Jupiters Cock the no2 p4p , was created at 25 and trained physicals only, until last 3/4 weeks which was pointless because he is slow.

I never worried about gyms because of the physicals aspect, I never tried to build an MMA fighter just a physical beast that had 2 ways to win.

how about we increase the pay for working part time / full time to 400/800 dollars? i mean in general, not just on the island.

There was such a suggestion before, but it would be nice to edit The Island fighter creation like this:

• If you create a 25 year old, he has 3 times more points for his stats (Opens up a lot of new creation opportunities, fighter builds)
  • If you create an 18 year old, he trains 3 times faster :) (That way it will be valuable to create 18 YO as well, because now The Island is filled with just 25 YO fighters.)

For payment, I suggest these:

If you finish a QFC fight, you get additional 400$.

• 3 fight win streak - 1k
  • 5 fight win streak - 2k
  • 10 fight win streak - 5k

I think for those poorer fighters that lose fights you could do this - instead of Cozad's gym do The Island Training Facility that has Superb (10) coaches (One coach for each skill) and the gym fee is complete 0. This way poorer fighters are able to get some training not only in physicals, but the sessions will surely be crowded :)

• Upvote 3

There was such a suggestion before, but it would be nice to edit The Island fighter creation like this:

• If you create a 25 year old, he has 3 times more points for his stats (Opens up a lot of new creation opportunities, fighter builds)
  • If you create an 18 year old, he trains 3 times faster :) (That way it will be valuable to create 18 YO as well, because now The Island is filled with just 25 YO fighters.)

I think for those poorer fighters that lose fights you could do this - instead of Cozad's gym do The Island Training Facility that has Superb (10) coaches (One coach for each skill) and the gym fee is complete 0. This way poorer fighters are able to get some training not only in physicals, but the sessions will surely be crowded :)

I think all he said is perfect for the following season

I still think 25YOS need more points outside of the island as well. I think people have stopped creating them after they learn a bit about the game and i KNOW the last 25YO Creation tourney was Aaron's tournament last year in November. (9)Months ago. The interest in 25YOs are gone because they're dead weight off the island. I agree with what threat said although 3xs as much is a little too much, but giving them a bump would fix both

• Upvote 3

how about we increase the pay for working part time / full time to 400/800 dollars? i mean in general, not just on the island.

For us experienced managers it won't mean a thing but for the newbies that mess up it could mean that they would be back on their feet in about 2 weeks which is the group I'm guessing your aiming for. I'm having abit of mixed feelings how I like it for the Island. I like that money is an issue when you start out. It makes it abit of a challenge and also adds abit of tactics to the game. Money mathers again on the island and that is something that's been taken away from the normal part of the game once you get established. 800 dollars is quite a lot for the island but then again you would be giving up one week of training. Question is which one is worth more?.

I'm sure all the new guys would love it as it makes easier for them. Me, I'm more in the ways of wanting a challenge to keep things exciting

• Upvote 4

I thought everything was great. Faster training or more starting points feels very unnecessary and like it might be motivated by people who didn't crack the top ten of their weight class. I also don't like the idea of increasing QFC rewards because there are people in the tournament who only fought QFC and passed legit participants in hype, taking their spot in the end season tourney. No one needs a super fighter on the island, that would take away from the fun.

• Upvote 1

I thought everything was great. Faster training or more starting points feels very unnecessary and like it might be motivated by people who didn't crack the top ten of their weight class. I also don't like the idea of increasing QFC rewards because there are people in the tournament who only fought QFC and passed legit participants in hype, taking their spot in the end season tourney. No one needs a super fighter on the island, that would take away from the fun.

There's an issue for that as well. The hype gains from QFC should be much much less :)

Agreed on the posts from Kronix and ChronicCrush. I really liked things how they were, as it re-introduces the economical challenges into the game, and causes much more careful planning and strategy.

If anything were to change, I think threat is right on the money regarding QFC hypoe as well - but the only caveat with this is that there are not a lot of orgs when starting up, so if you aren't one of the first first people to get on board, it could discourage new people from signing up if QFC hype was diminished. Really though, I'm not sure anyone would be looking THAT closely at it.

It would not be diminished, just lessened. Then people would try their best to get to orgs and not to fight in QFC. If you're still not in an org and you need money, it doesn't matter about hype then, right? You just go there, win, finish your fight, and take home additional 400$ for the finish :)

Too many fighters join the $600 gyms straight of the bat. You don't need that type of gym in the begining. Work on your physicals and when the time comes for skill improvements then you'll have the money to train full time and not worry about anything.

Think out a better stratigic build than going one skill wonderful and the rest with whatever is left of your points. You only have 6 months so don't count on any major training accomplishments and consider the improvements he does as an added bonus. That's why you need to start out with a good enough build straight from the start.

Fast learners have a hugh advantage on the island. The hidden is definitely worth considering depending on your build. Also if it's money your after then checking the popular fighter hidden can increase the money flow early on but it's a wasted hidden imo.

Yeah I noticed this is a huge problem on the island is $600 gyms or expensive ones, and everyone joining. Aren't these fighters going bankrupt after 1 week? It does seem that this gets sorted out after a while. I suppose it's your choice as a manager to not put your fighter in one of these however.

Would be fun if some of the experienced managers would try the island. The biggest names in tycoon are no where to be found. Perhaps with out beast fighters their slider talk isnt much worth? Island fighters have flaws because there is no time for beast searching, thats the beauty of it all. You all have the free slot, dare to be mortal? Join in for S3

• Upvote 2

Would be fun if some of the experienced managers would try the island. The biggest names in tycoon are no where to be found. Perhaps with out beast fighters their slider talk isnt much worth? Island fighters have flaws because there is no time for beast searching, thats the beauty of it all. You all have the free slot, dare to be mortal? Join in for S3

Two Words: Manager Rank

• Upvote 1

This is perfect.

I'm not against this idea but I do think it takes away the whole meaning of the island which was to put everyone on a fair playing field where you have to use good managing skills to be successful, like the original players did.

Giving more stats to 25yr olds will only create more 1 dimensional fighters with higher stats or just with better defences and making 18yr olds that train 3x faster will only bring them up to par with 25 yr olds by the time the season ends so you're still in the same boat really, or it will become like the real world where people project farm and don't really contribute much to the island because they will be training more and fighting less, then they have the upper hand in the tournaments and overall it will give the experienced managers more of an advantage over less experienced managers which brings us back to why the island is there. We know it gives newer managers the chance to fight against other established managers without the disadvantages of not having the knowledge on how to create/train 18yr olds. When the game started where there was only enough players to fill 1 city, I'm sure they didn't have the knowledge or cash flow to create 18yr olds that went on to be top P4P fighters and if they did, they did it with the same advantages as everyone else, just like the island is right now. They might also have a greater advantage over 18yr olds that were created off the island, especially those that can't afford private gyms.

I've enjoyed both seasons and have been somewhat successful so far and I haven't struggled for money at any stage (that I can remember) and if we put more money into the island economy, it's going to be more like the real world with an inflated economy, where all gyms have the money to hire the best coaches,ect.

I think, maybe a light bit extra startup money for fighters on creation, for those that over spend on supps,clothing or high end gyms before they can afford it would help a bit.

I also think if anything that was implemented to help fighters continue their career after the island such as more creation points at 25yrs old or higher learning speed for 18yr olds. Maybe restrict it to 18 yr olds or 25 yr olds only?

I'm not sure how well thought out my opinion was, so don't take it the wrong way, just thought I'd say What I was thinking. :)

• Upvote 3