Been a long time coming, but it's time to say farewell.

soyster89

Man, I never really thought I'd be one to create a thread like this, but here I am. haha

In 5 days I'll have been playing MMA Tycoon for 5 years. When I look back on that period of time, it's crazy how much my life has changed. I had my second son, I moved and purchased my first home, I started a new job...but all the while, I've managed these make believe fighters under the guise of Soyster Eighty-Nine. :)

Well, the past few months have really seen my interest wain, almost to the point of leaving. There wasn't anything causing it. It's just a love affair that's time has passed. While I'd been the #1 ranked manager a few times, it never really did anything for me. However, I'd never had the P4P best fighter, so when Dustin Douglas took the top spot a few months back, I figured I'd stick around and "live it up" so to speak. And guys, it was worth it.

I've had a BLAST talking him up, networking with a variety of other managers, and really just enjoying the moment. Now that is over (congrats to Mannetosen and Jon Hess - really effective gameplan!) I feel it's time to walk away. I'll likely be around here and there, but I'm not promising anything. In my head, I'm hanging it up. If I come back, so be it. I never say never.

The list of people I've met and enjoyed getting to know a bit is a long one. Honestly, I've never met ANYONE in this game that I've genuinely disliked. The game community here is awesome, guys, it really is. Some people take things way too seriously - far more than they should - and that causes some bad blood at times. But overall, you're all fantastic and I'll miss you knuckleheads.

I do have to call out some of the guys I've got to know more than others because I feel it's just appropriate and dammit, I want to.

In no particular order...

Mega Jug - you're easily one of the most genuinely nice people in the game. Thanks for all you've done to make the game more enjoyable for me. I know I respond to you via PM every time you invite my fighters to your jet for a flight, but that little act of kindness meant a lot. Jets are a pain in the ass, and I appreciated you taking the time to make my life easier.

Chris Karter - I'm not even sure if you're still here playing, but I thank you for all the help and discussions we had over the past years. You're relentless man, and some of the efforts you made to go out of your way to help me out meant a lot, and for that, I'm grateful.

Lance Templeton - whether you'll ever allow it to sink in and resonate with you or not, you're the best slider wizard this game's ever had. Period. Your modesty just gets in the way. :) The discussions of "who's the best?" are fun, but in my opinion, there's no denying - you are the best ever, my friend. Above that, you have a heart of gold and you're simply a good dude. I wish you and your family the best of luck.

Chuck, Whirl, Roy, Manny, PSU MIke - thank you for taking me into Hell's Playground and making this game as addicting as it was. Without you guys, there's no way that I stay 5 days short of 5 years. I don't think any of these guys play much anymore aside from Chuck, but they were all good dudes that I respect a ton.

Avon, Dace, Tarmo, Ethan, and Tony - thanks for taking me into the Convicted fold and helping me "spread my tycoon wings." The guidance and insight you all lended me was invaluable and 100% got me to be a much more competitive manager. You're also some of the nicest dudes in the entire game, and I wish you all well.

Scotty, Barnabas, Petro, Estefan, Gary, Bowser, Brandon, and all of the BHP - thanks for allowing me into the fold and treating me with such respect. I've had a great time getting to know you all, and wish you nothing but the best.

Mannetosen - thanks for all the laughs. You are 100% whom I consider to be the funniest guy in Tycoon, and our discussions around Dead Philosophers in Heaven were amazing. Be well, my friend.

JBomb - thanks for being metal. :D

The list goes on and on and on - Comte, Swan Song, Shiv, Skinny, Castor, Jacky....thanks for everything you did to make this game better.

It's been real guys, and this had gone on far too long. Mike, great game. I appreciate your dedication, and every penny I've sent you was money well spent.

Thanks again everyone!

See ya!

Jason

• Upvote 8

Man, I never really thought I'd be one to create a thread like this, but here I am. haha

In 5 days I'll have been playing MMA Tycoon for 5 years. When I look back on that period of time, it's crazy how much my life has changed. I had my second son, I moved and purchased my first home, I started a new job...but all the while, I've managed these make believe fighters under the guise of Soyster Eighty-Nine. :)

Well, the past few months have really seen my interest wain, almost to the point of leaving. There wasn't anything causing it. It's just a love affair that's time has passed. While I'd been the #1 ranked manager a few times, it never really did anything for me. However, I'd never had the P4P best fighter, so when Dustin Douglas took the top spot a few months back, I figured I'd stick around and "live it up" so to speak. And guys, it was worth it.

I've had a BLAST talking him up, networking with a variety of other managers, and really just enjoying the moment. Now that is over (congrats to Mannetosen and Jon Hess - really effective gameplan!) I feel it's time to walk away. I'll likely be around here and there, but I'm not promising anything. In my head, I'm hanging it up. If I come back, so be it. I never say never.

The list of people I've met and enjoyed getting to know a bit is a long one. Honestly, I've never met ANYONE in this game that I've genuinely disliked. The game community here is awesome, guys, it really is. Some people take things way too seriously - far more than they should - and that causes some bad blood at times. But overall, you're all fantastic and I'll miss you knuckleheads.

I do have to call out some of the guys I've got to know more than others because I feel it's just appropriate and dammit, I want to.

In no particular order...

Mega Jug - you're easily one of the most genuinely nice people in the game. Thanks for all you've done to make the game more enjoyable for me. I know I respond to you via PM every time you invite my fighters to your jet for a flight, but that little act of kindness meant a lot. Jets are a pain in the ass, and I appreciated you taking the time to make my life easier.

Chris Karter - I'm not even sure if you're still here playing, but I thank you for all the help and discussions we had over the past years. You're relentless man, and some of the efforts you made to go out of your way to help me out meant a lot, and for that, I'm grateful.

Lance Templeton - whether you'll ever allow it to sink in and resonate with you or not, you're the best slider wizard this game's ever had. Period. Your modesty just gets in the way. :) The discussions of "who's the best?" are fun, but in my opinion, there's no denying - you are the best ever, my friend. Above that, you have a heart of gold and you're simply a good dude. I wish you and your family the best of luck.

Chuck, Whirl, Roy, Manny, PSU MIke - thank you for taking me into Hell's Playground and making this game as addicting as it was. Without you guys, there's no way that I stay 5 days short of 5 years. I don't think any of these guys play much anymore aside from Chuck, but they were all good dudes that I respect a ton.

Avon, Dace, Tarmo, Ethan, and Tony - thanks for taking me into the Convicted fold and helping me "spread my tycoon wings." The guidance and insight you all lended me was invaluable and 100% got me to be a much more competitive manager. You're also some of the nicest dudes in the entire game, and I wish you all well.

Scotty, Barnabas, Petro, Estefan, Gary, Bowser, Brandon, and all of the BHP - thanks for allowing me into the fold and treating me with such respect. I've had a great time getting to know you all, and wish you nothing but the best.

Mannetosen - thanks for all the laughs. You are 100% whom I consider to be the funniest guy in Tycoon, and our discussions around Dead Philosophers in Heaven were amazing. Be well, my friend.

JBomb - thanks for being metal. :D

The list goes on and on and on - Comte, Swan Song, Shiv, Skinny, Castor, Jacky....thanks for everything you did to make this game better.

It's been real guys, and this had gone on far too long. Mike, great game. I appreciate your dedication, and every penny I've sent you was money well spent.

Thanks again everyone!

See ya!

Jason

Shit if you leave how will I stay?

Man thanks for the honorable mention, you've always been a good guy.

Jason, congrats on your second child and make the best of your life.

Tycoon will miss you,

PM me if you come on again before you leave.

I feel strange reading this from one of the 09ers. One of the best managers ever no doubt. It's a rare trait that you retained faith in your old fighters and stuck with them when many other managers may have pressed the eject button (Mackenzie King, Dawkins, Russo, Svetnela etc)

Enjoy your new home, take care of your kids and love your new job. Although you reached the pinnacle of achievements I'm afraid nobody quits for good. Tycoon will be waiting for you when you return!

• Upvote 1

hate to see you go but do hope to see you return -- short breaks are a good thing and much easier to take now days within the game -- i pretty much have been on edge of leaving but just decided to keep couple fighters and make it where i can just not login for weeks if i dont want too -- so again hope to see your return after taking some time -- take care bud

It is always a sad time when a player leaves the game, but I think we can all agree, it is even more sad when a long term manager leaves the game (From 09).

I only came back to the game nearly a year ago and was amazed how many veterans were still around, so it is sad to see one leave.

Hopefully you get that urge to come back fighting again, but for now, best of luck with your family, house and job :)