Ranking system...fix it

dbsh209

How is this manager ranking system fixed? You get awarded for not fighting, you barely get awarded by winning and you get thrown back a lot if you lose a fight.

Case in point:

http://i.imgur.com/fQkPY7P.png

Position before DeAngelo Kenner fight (high p4p high hype) - 390 / after it: 360
After Christopher Newton fight (1400 p4p med hype) - 360 / 340
After Rocco Newton fight (debuting QFC) - 340 / 330
After Huell Babineaux loss (med p4p med hype) - 330 / 390
After Marvin Hagler win (low p4p low hype) - 390 / 370
After Alexander Fors win (low p4p low hype) - 370 / 350
After Rocco Newton loss (low p4p low hype) - 350 / 411

I don't see how this work, and I would like an explanation. Is the only way to advance up the rankings to never lose, no matter how small those fights are? So technically, I'm down approx. 20 places for winning 5 fights (including 2 high hyped) and losing 2 fights (including 1 QFC fight). Doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the balanced post JLP. However, not including QFCs would be very problematic, especially for new managers.

I dont think it would make too much of a difference. New managers are mostly losing those fights anyway unless they get matched with another new manager. I think QFC's should generate fighter hype but have no effect on manager hype.

• Upvote 2

I think a cap should be put in place to prevent people from reaching the top 10 managers list if the only fights they've had are low hyped fighters. In my opinion there's no way you can rightfully claim you're one of the top 10 managers in MMA Tycoon by all of your fighters fighting in low hype fights.

Certain things should boost your ranking, like how many fighters have titles in your roster (if they're highly hyped that should affect your rank more), what you're current winning/ losing streak is (if you have a high winning streak, maybe have it act like a slight bonus on how much hype points you get), etc

I'm sure there's other things out there that could be included but that's all I can think of at this time.

• Upvote 2

It's way better than it was before, but still has some flaws. My suggestions:

-Eliminate QFC from influencing manager rankings

-lessen hype loss from low level fighter losses

-increase hype loss due to manager inactivity (dinooo hasnt fought in a month and he is still #2)

- I agree with most of the above. I am not sure about the QFC not influencing, maybe just decrease the value by 50%.

- I also think wins in your own org should give you some penalty similar to the QFC. I see some managers just fight in their own org and have respectable rankings.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I feel what ever mike does to with the rankings some 1 will have a problem.

They are a lot better than before.

They are a lot better, but still not perfect. I was ~700th before the update and I'm around 200th right now. Managed to hit #138 with 7 fight win streak, but then lost some. :)

I read somewhere from mike, that it will get a bit worse for the Higher Ranked Managers, because they will loose more hype to bring everybody down to an even level. So the Ranking System isnt settled i guess. But mike explained it much better then i did right now. So maybe he will write something to help us understand more.

How are they better? Explain to me why I lost that many spots by winning fights? Why does my QFC loss is worse than a high hyped fight?

Don't give copout answers.

because people wanted low hype fights to be worth more than high hyped fights in terms of losses. This is exactly what people asked for.

It just doesnt make any sense to put that much weight in to low hype fights. Imagine you manage a RL UFC champ. As long as he wins his fights, would anyone think you as a lesser manager just because 5 or 10 of the other guys in your roster lose their fights in hillbilly bar fights?

I think the hypesystem should focus on the highlevel fights and just have such low focus on low hype fights, that reaching the top would be impossible unless you get your fighters in to the top orgs, and fight high hyped fighters. Winning or losing low hyped fights should mostly have an effect on the fighter involved.

I used to complain about how much hype you lost for losing high hype fights. Mike has seemingly corrected that. I don't know why low hyped fights were changed to make them have a big negative impact if you lost them though. No one asked for that but it's what we have now.

It will be interesting to see how this change effects the island. Had I thought about this in regards to that, I probably wouldn't have bothered to participate in it this season.

It's way better than it was before, but still has some flaws. My suggestions:

-Eliminate QFC from influencing manager rankings

-lessen hype loss from low level fighter losses

-increase hype loss due to manager inactivity (dinooo hasnt fought in a month and he is still #2)

Was wondering when someone would notice that... It was a show that not actually taking fights seems to be the way to get a high ranking. I don't plan on fighting again as most of you guys know and since its now became a valid point they are only one thing left to do.

Mike feel free to nerf my manager hype.

If you argue that the top 10 look better than before, damn something is wrong.

Barn deserves #1 no doubt he has had some great streaks.

If you try to say that me, Stuart, Anthony (who btw has taken less fights than me in the past 2 months surprised you didn't mention him), Scoobie is basically doing what Power and Johnny Sorrow did, its not his fault its just winning shitty low ranking fights should give fuck all hype gain at the top levels.

After that Jorma, Bowser etc deserve to be 2 and 3 instead of the guys above including myself. The manager ranking changes hasn't fixed what was wrong with the manager rankings i think that is quite clear 3/4 months in.

• Upvote 2

Couldn't the manager ranking system just have a little tweak so that if you don't fight in say 2 weeks you lose a bunch of spots then a few spots for ever day/week/month/hour whatever after that?

The Joel Nicola thing should come into effect which Mike done a few years ago. The problem is you lose so much more hype than you gain winning fights big or small, so basically not fighting for months you lose less hype than if you did fight.

- Joel Nicola act implemented. Manager hype will decrease due to fight inactivity, not just if people stop logging in.

As far as low ranking fights go, Mike could bottle neck the hype gained like he does with ticket sales so say the bottle neck starts around half hype for low hype fights (anything under 150/200 hype) doesn't affect your manager ranking if you win. Anything over that you gain manager hype normally.