Ring Of Violence (255K+) Smacktalk Thread

skull

Hoarse you are back!!!!

Yeah I am, thank god man. Without getting into the graphic details, I've been down sick for the last three weeks, and my health as been gradually decaying during that time. My new primary doctor (since I'm recently transplanted to the area and hadn't established this sooner) told me he couldn't see me until May 20th. So, I went to the urgent care and was misdiagnosed with Bronchitis, given antibiotics that wrecked my stomach, and didn't help my lung congestion at all.

After a week of this hellish antibiotic, I saw a family friend/doctor that got my ship righted a bit, and I'm finally back on my feet.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned on my preview (posted above), I usually have the preliminary fights and rough idea of what I'm going to write finished by Tuesday/Wednesday, and I gradually chip away at the main two fights, posting it all on Friday. This week I started everything late on Tuesday night, with three writing projects to juggle at once. So, I'm doing a LOT of catching up today; next week will be more efficient to say the least.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14157414369399.png

Ryker "Ride or Die" Quincy

After taking over 185 max and then being dethroned I had to take time off to find myself and improve my game.

Then I found a little few chumps rattling there gums about how good they are well I am here so who is first to take the ride from hell.

Owner get it sorted and give me any of these wannabes.

Ride or Die!!!!!

• Upvote 1

ROV 27 is in the books and it was another action packed event. We now know who will be fighting for the 205 lb title and the right to be called "The Most Violent Fighter". Vit Tu and George Steele Will do battle to decide who is the rightful champion.

In Peter Sutcliff's first title defense he was stopped by Qasim Barakat with a brutal head kick making Barakat the 4th 265+ champion of ROV.

Rising young star, Arnie Armstrong took out the former 265lb+ champion Guido Gloom inside 2 minutes of their scheduled 5 round fight putting Gloom on a 2 fight losing streak. With this win Armstrong earned a shot at newly crowned champion, Qasim Barakat.

For the full results of ROV 27 CLICK HERE

very happy with the easy win over gloom and really enjoying this org! Would love to see more divisions open..

Now let's hope frankie underwood can finish Danny Seagram for a title shot as well.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14121649329211.jpg

Damien "The Silent Assassin" Redman (258829)

I bounced back from my unexpected loss to the champ and soon i will make a claim to get back in there and reclaim what is rightfully mine. Danny Duim just happens to be the poor sap who will get carved up in my way to getting my belt. Sorry bud, nothing personal.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14292580173712.jpg

Micheal "Doom" Alvarez (5-3)

The amount of work I put in the gym is insane. I am without a doubt one of the most evolving fighters on ROV roster right now while working with Iron Fight Team. I'm confident in that I'm going to win my next fight against Vuyisile Colossa, and the only thing that can stop me is myself. Time for a new contender to rise.

• Upvote 1

It is not long till ROV get to see there newest fighter take over starting with Bobby Turner.

I have the ability to match him everywhere and it is going to be a exhibition of his talent which will put everyone on edge.

I want the champ or the next best thing cause im here to take over. Only one way to go Ride or Die.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14139678846489.jpg

Bobby Turner (5-2-0)

Ryker "Ride or Die" Quincy, you better be ready chump! I'm getting my hands on that belt next and it's a fact!

Dont be silly Turner maybe before I got here you were next in line for the title but that was then and this Quincy time.

Move out the way and watch me blitz you grab the title and end my career still holding this title around my waist.

• Upvote 1

ROV 28 Preview

145lbs

Damien Redman vs Danny Duim

This will be a fight between two ROV veterans as Damien Redman takes on Danny Duim. Redman is coming off another classic win via cuts, something he has become known for. Redman has only been defeated by the best in the division and a big win here will earn him a shot at current champion and the last man to beat him, Troll ShitbBrickHouse. Redman will definity be looking to get this fight into the clinch where he can release his patented Hellbows.

Danny Duim is coming out the fight, that’s one thing that you can always count on from him, he is a good wrestler with some slick boxing to go with it. Duim has shown that he has good clinchwork in his past fights but it probably isnt the best idea against Redman. I think this fight comes down to whether Duim can keep Redman off him and keep him at striking distance. But that’s a lot easier said than done so we’ll see what happens

265+ lbs

Ryker Quincy vs Bobby Turner

This fight started out just like any other but it’s now turned into a bit of a grudge match. Ryker Quincy, after being matched up with Bobby Turner immediately said he was gonna run the division and Turner was only his first victom of many. Turner shot back saying he was the one who was coming out victorious and that it was his time to shine. So look for this to be a brutal knockdown brawl with both men trying to reach the same goal of fighting for the championship. Someone is going home disappointed.

Quincy is a newcomer to ROV but he is very experienced. He comes in with a 5-3 record and despite losing his last 2 fights by tko he is very confident in this fight. All of Quincy’s victories have came by way of submission so chances are he will be looking to take this fight to the ground and try to lock in a submission.

This will be Bobby Turners 6th time inside the ROV ring. He has only lost once inside the ring and that was against the current champion. Turner is an excellent wrestler who has a quickly evolving striking game, which was on display against in his standing beatdown of Matt Black in his last fight. This should be an interesting fight, it may come down to if Turner can keep the fight standing because I’m not sure if he wants to take his chances against a brown belt while only being a blue belt but he does have a significant wrestling advantage so who know what will happen. Tune in tomorrow to find out!

170lbs

Danny Seagram vs Frank Underwood

This will be the first time we’ve seen Danny Seagram inside the ring since he dropped the Title to Phol Murhaa in an epic 50 min war. Unfortunately this will also be the last time we see Seagram inside an ROV ring. His management has decided that he isn’t tough enough for ROV’s 5 round system and that he will fight elsewhere so the best of luck to him wherever he ends up. Prior to losing the title, Seagram was on a 5 fight win streak inside ROV and 6 fight streak overall. He was also the first and only man so far to win the “KO machine” award of $50000 and a custom trophy. Seagram is primarly a boxer with a strong wrestling base and a good defensive ground game.

Frank Underwood started his career in ROV and has quickly made a name for himself by going 3-0 and winning each by KO. Underwood has a brutal clinch game that none of his opponents have been able to survive. A win over the former champion definitely will put Underwood next in line for a shot at the title.

170 lb Title fight

Phol Murhaa vs Dutch Schultz

This is set to be Murhaa’s first title defense since defeating Danny Seagram in a brutal 50 minute war for the ROV 170 lb title. Murhaa is undefeated in his MMA career, holding a 7-0 record,6 of which have been inside the ROV ring. Murhaa is a well-rounded stand up fighter that has good clinchwork. He can also take on hell of a punch.

Dutch Schultz has been on a roll since joining ROV, winning his first two fights by violent (t)KO which earned him a title shot. Schultz is a top notch striker as well and is also very good in the clinch so unless someone pulls a cat out the bag in the form of a takedown, then we are in for stand up war that will most likely end in one man lying on the canvas, bloody and beaten and the other holding championship gold!

145 lbs

Carl Sheppards vs Rapen Murder

In the main event of the evening we have tough “Island fighter” Carl Sheppards taking on Rapen Murder. Sheppard is coming of a loss by cuts in his title shot against Troll ShitBrickHouse. Sheppards is a good boxer with good KO power and also has a decent ground game, having won 5 fights by submission.

Rapen Murder is looking to get back to his winning ways in this one. He recently lost a razor close decision that many people felt like he should have gotten. Murder has a similar style to Sheppard in that they both are dangerous standing or on the ground. These two are pretty evenly matched up so this should be a good fight.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14206495292270.jpg

Silas "Albino" Monk

I'm facing Sven Hensen today. I know what he'll try and he knows what I'll try. I wish him good luck, but I don't think he is ready to face me. If he can't land a lucky takedown and a lucky submission, he'll get murdered. I'm looking to earn an event award and perhaps even two. Ko of the night is my favorite, but FOTN isn't bad either, but that would mean that Hensen would have to give me a good challenge standing as well and that I doubt.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14269345398736.jpg

Frank Underwood

Not long until I face ex-champ Danny Seagram, let's see if I can make him retire like my boy Arnie Armstrong made Guido Gloom hang up them gloves. The retirement home down the road sent a thank you letter to the Daly Camp for the business we are bringing in for them. They already have a bedroom reserved with the name 'Danny Seagram' engraved on the door. See you tonight Danny boy...

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14269345398736.jpg

Frank Unerwood

And what'ya know... Franky Underwood sticks to his word and beat Seagram in a glorious 50-45 Unanimous decision. I am afraid ROV handed out that custom trophy 'knockout machine' to Mr Seagram a little too early, don't ya think?

• Upvote 1

ROV 28 Preview

145lbs

Damien Redman vs Danny Duim

This will be a fight between two ROV veterans as Damien Redman takes on Danny Duim. Redman is coming off another classic win via cuts, something he has become known for. Redman has only been defeated by the best in the division and a big win here will earn him a shot at current champion and the last man to beat him, Troll ShitbBrickHouse. Redman will definity be looking to get this fight into the clinch where he can release his patented Hellbows.

Danny Duim is coming out the fight, that’s one thing that you can always count on from him, he is a good wrestler with some slick boxing to go with it. Duim has shown that he has good clinchwork in his past fights but it probably isnt the best idea against Redman. I think this fight comes down to whether Duim can keep Redman off him and keep him at striking distance. But that’s a lot easier said than done so we’ll see what happens

"Hellbow"

I like it ;)

Speaking of my hellbows, i am still cleaning Dium's blood off them.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14139678846489.jpg

Bobby "The Black Beast" Turner (6-2-0)

What a surprise.... That Pussy Quincy couldn't event last one round with 'The Black Beast' before being put to sleep! He was on his back after the first strikes I hit him up with!!

Suroki your next and believe me when I say that I am taking zero prisoners in my rise to the top!

• Upvote 2

ROV 30 Preview

Donny Stremphf here with my first ever review for the ultra competitive Ring of Violence fight organization. ROV 30 takes place on May 23 at Hard Knocks arena in St. Petersburg. The place is gonna be hoppin! The ROV fans get a special treat as the Light Heavyweight Tournament concludes at this event to determine who will be the first ever Light Heavyweight Champion! It’s gonna be a good event here folks, but just in case you don’t think so go ahead and read this preview of the main event and have your mind changed baby!!!

205 Ibs Title: Vit Tu (34-21-0) v George Steele (23-21-0)

The main event of the night is the tournament finals between light heavyweights Vit Tu and George Steele. Both have worn the sweet sweet gold of a championship belt from previous organizations and now look to add another title to the record books from the ROV organization. Vit Tu is a boxer wrestler who has spent a lot of previous victories dominating on the ground. In the first round of the Light Heavyweight Tournament, Tu knocked out Waclav Szbrijcik in the first round. He then submitted Abed Nadir via rear naked choke, again ending the fight in the first round. Those have been the only two fights that Tu has fought in the Ring of Violence organization. He’ll look to keep that record undefeated and go home wearing a title belt at the end of this. Tu will have to get through George Steele, another veteran fighter who is looking to regain the glory of being a champion. Steele specializes on ground. He’s an elite wrestler and BJJ red belt who’s 14 of 21 wins have come by submission. In the Light Heavyweight Tournament, Steele first submitted Hale Erwin by way of triangle and then Dalinar Kholin by way of armbar. Both victories ended in the first round. Like his opponent, Steele is 2-0 in ROV and is looking to capture that magic number three in order to be the first Light Heavyweight champion of the Ring of Violence organization. This fight is a five round title fight with 10-minute rounds. With the way these fighters have been fighting in this organization, don’t expect the fight to last longer than one round. Both fighters are good on the ground. Steele, however, has the edge there. If Tu wants to win, he’ll have to use his boxing skills to do it. If Tu lets Steele determine where the fights going to be, then Steele will be the first ROV Light Heavyweight champion.

205 Ibs: Red Belt (21-20-0) v Petr Vondrachek (39-20-1)

The co-main event of the night is a light heavyweight bout between two more veteran 205-pound fighters. Red Belt comes in with a winless record in ROV, including a loss in the first round of the Light Heavyweight Tournament. Belt is a grappler who has won all of his fights by dominating on the ground. He has 15 submission victories, with the rest of his victories coming by way of decision. He’ll be looking to notch his first point in the win category of his ROV record in this bout. Petr Vondrachek is his opponent who is making his ROV debut. He last fought for the Soul Supremacy Fight Club, winning the Light Heavyweight championship over there. Vondrachek is on a five-fight win streak and will be looking to make it six in this bout. He is a great all around fighter with the KO power of Chuck Liddell (in his prime of course), winning 18 of his 39 victories by way of (T)KO. The fighters in this one are pretty even, except with the fact Red Belt’s black belt beats Vondrachek’s brown belt. Vondrachek has the slight edge in the wrestling department. Belt will have to get Vondrachek to the ground and submit him in order to get this victory. Look for Vondrachek to either keep the fight standing or try and control it on the ground while dodging submission attempts from Belt.

205 Ibs: Method Man (17-7-0) v Kimo Ovaska (19-10-0)

The middle of the main card is the second of four light heavyweight fights. Method Man is an insanely flexible world-class boxer who will look to keep this fight standing and the distance close up in the clinch. The 31-year-old veteran is fighting his first match in Ring of Violence. He hasn’t won in his last two fights, losing one by decision and then being unable to fight his most recent matchup because his opponent could not make weight. Man will be looking to put those bouts behind him and get himself a victory in his ROV debut. “Roid Rage” Kimo Ovaska won his ROV debut at ROV 27 via TKO (Strikes). Ovaska, similar to his opponent, is a world-class boxer who also has some wrestling skills to demonstrate. When it comes to managers, so far it’s been “third times the charm” for Ovaska. Since being taken on by a third manager, Ovaska has won two fights in a row and will look to make it three. These fighters are somewhat evenly matched, with Method Man having the slight advantage in everything but BJJ, where they both have earned a brown belt. Look for Ovaska to try and keep this fight on the outside while Man tries to close the gap. It’s hard to pick against Method Man for this fight with him having the slight edge in most of the skill categories. But who knows what can happen. It looks to be a great fight, like all the fights on this card.

145 Ibs: Roberto Silva (8-2-0) v Koichi Kamei (1-0-0)

The second bout of the main card is the only one that doesn’t feature light heavyweights. This featherweight bout features two fighters with relatively less fighting experience compared to the other fighters on the main card. No reason to be dismal about this fight though, what these guys lack in experience they’ll make up for with vigorous energy. Roberto Silva has spent the bulk of his career in this very organization. His ROV career record is 6-2. Currently, he’s on a two-fight win streak and will look to keep that going. Silva has great takedown skills and will counter you faster than you can say “oops”. His opponent, Koichi Kamei, is fighting in only his second professional fight, which is also his first in the ROV organization. Kamei has solid boxing and a big right hand that can do some damage. So much damage that his last fight only lasted 15 seconds. There is no secret where each fighter wants this fight to be. Silva will look to take things to the ground. He has minimal skills standing up and has won all but one of his fights via submission. Kamei, although matches up with Silva decently on the ground, will want to keep this fight standing. In the skill categories, he dominates Silva in the standup, and will want that to translate that from paper onto the mat. It’ll be interesting to see which brand of fighting wins in this one, the ground game or standup. I don’t know about you, but I’m eager to find out!

205 Ibs: White Goodman (29-14-1) v Abed Nadir (18-17-1)

The veterans start things off in the main card with a light heavyweight fight. White Goodman makes his ROV debut in this matchup. He is currently on a two-fight skid and would like to end that right now. Goodman was an Olympic wrestler who developed world-class boxing skills when he made the jump to MMA. With his broad skills, Goodman has the ability to fight both standing up and on the ground. Needless to say, wherever the fight is, he likes to knock people out, winning 20 fights by way of (T)KO. Abed Nadir is 1-1 in his previous two fights, both taking place in the ROV Light Heavyweight Tournament. With that, his only ROV loss came to Vit Tu, who is going to be fighting for the Light Heavyweight Championship in this event. Like his opponent, Nadir also wrestled in the Olympics. He developed world-class Muay Thai skills with his move to MMA after his Olympic career. Also like his opponent, Nadir can win the fight anywhere and loves to knock people out. He has 13 (T)KO victories. These guys match up well, with Goodman having a slight edge in boxing and Nadir having the same in Muay Thai. With even ground skills, look for these fighters to fight to their strengths standing up. Nadir will try and keep it close, while Goodman tries to stay as far back as his reach.

• Upvote 2

Career Breakdown - Michael Alvarez

Michael "Doom" Alvarez is a 20 year old Featherweight fighter, currently fighting for Ring of Violence organisation. Born to an American family in Albania, Himara, Alvarez is now a full-time MMA fighter that seeks to have thunderous perfomances in every one of his fights. His professional record consists of 6 wins and 3 losses, with 3 of those victories coming by way of KO or TKO.

As fans of MMA in general, we are witnessing the incredible comebacks of UFC fighters like Anthony Johnson or Robbie Lawler. We can also say that Alvarez is pretty much making the same amount of noise with his success at the current point of his career. He had 9 fights in RoV, and we can easily call him the veteran of this successful organisation, and the fans of RoV events also remember Alvarez for his strong chin and ability to stay standing even in the worst situations - Micheal has went through some WARS, and has never walked away from a battle. Alvarez started his career with 3 dominant wins, until he faced Mikhael Tomas, a decorated BJJ fighter that had a 4-1 record. He then lost by Submission (Kimura) in less than 2 minutes of Round 1 and this loss has shut down Alvarez's win streak. "Doom" was very unhappy with the loss - at that time, he was seen as the newly rising contender, which has the ability to become one of the most dominant champions RoV has seen. He took his next fight against Carlos Alonso very seriously and won it, but soon after that, in his next fight, his ego took over.

This was announced as the Fight of the Night, which was an absolute war. Michael faced a dangerous clinch fighter in Daniel Redman. At that time, Redman had a record of 7-2, and was viciously winning his fights by throwing the nastiest elbows RoV octagon has ever seen. I think at that point, Daniel Redman was considered to be by far the best clinch fighter in the division, if not in the organisation. Alvarez took this statement seriously and went to war against Redman... with Redman's own weapon against him - elbows. Can you imagine the excitement of the crowd when the two fighters just got a hold of each other and started dropping massive elbows at each other? And, as the rounds went by, the amazement of fans was growing - Alvarez doesn't just stay in clinch and throw, he's keeping up in the clinch with Daniel Redman himself, the man that was considered to have the most brutal clinch game back then. Poor luck made it so that Alvarez lost by TKO (Cut) late at Round 5. If the fight went to the judges, who knows what could have happened. "Doom" was extremely upset with this loss, but at least the fans got to see a great fight and the clinch abilities of Alvarez - he can hang there with the best. With this fight, Alvarez has gained a quite impressive amount of fans globally. They were also driven by the idea of that Alvarez could have won that fight if he wouldn't have fought in the clinch, and fought on the outside where he seems to feel even more comfortable.

In his next fight, Alvarez lost again. It was a unanimous decision loss against Bear Trapp, but even with this loss Micheal managed to show everybody how tough he is - Trapp was throwing massive bombs at him that night, and many people even questioned - how is he still standing? After all, Alvarez showed a lot of heart and great chin, took his beating like a man and accepted his loss against Trapp. He got completely outworked.

This was the breaking point of Alvarez's career in which he has decided to do something different in his career. He moved to St. Peterburg to train with Iron Fight Team, a widely recognised gym there in Russia which has bred a lot of talent and champions. Since then Michael's fight game has changed incredibly - he is now in the right path looking for success. After he joined Iron Fight Team, his next fight was against Sofpho King, which he managed to batter up so much that King submitted due to strikes in Round 2. Also, in his last fight, "Doom" has came up with a stoppage win again - at May 16th he managed to quickly finish a very dangerous and skilled fighter in Vuyusile Colossa while not allowing his opponent to do absolutely anything to him.

Alvarez has gone a lot better since changing gyms, there's an increase in his finishing rate and overall effectiveness in the octagon. As a proof there's some amazing stats about Alvarez right here: Leg Kicks Landed (271), Body Kicks landed (138), Striking Defense (162/610) - (26.55%), Takedown Defense (1/9) - (11.11%).

These stats prove that Alvarez is a monster in the octagon and he's definetly coming for a title shot. Good luck!!!

• Upvote 1

Michael "Doom" Alvarez is a 20 year old Featherweight fighter, currently fighting for Ring of Violence organisation. Born to an American family in Albania, Himara, Alvarez is now a full-time MMA fighter that seeks to have thunderous perfomances in every one of his fights. His professional record consists of 6 wins and 3 losses, with 3 of those victories coming by way of KO or TKO.

As fans of MMA in general, we are witnessing the incredible comebacks of UFC fighters like Anthony Johnson or Robbie Lawler. We can also say that Alvarez is pretty much making the same amount of noise with his success at the current point of his career. He had 9 fights in RoV, and we can easily call him the veteran of this successful organisation, and the fans of RoV events also remember Alvarez for his strong chin and ability to stay standing even in the worst situations - Micheal has went through some WARS, and has never walked away from a battle. Alvarez started his career with 3 dominant wins, until he faced Mikhael Tomas, a decorated BJJ fighter that had a 4-1 record. He then lost by Submission (Kimura) in less than 2 minutes of Round 1 and this loss has shut down Alvarez's win streak. "Doom" was very unhappy with the loss - at that time, he was seen as the newly rising contender, which has the ability to become one of the most dominant champions RoV has seen. He took his next fight against Carlos Alonso very seriously and won it, but soon after that, in his next fight, his ego took over.

This was announced as the Fight of the Night, which was an absolute war. Michael faced a dangerous clinch fighter in Daniel Redman. At that time, Redman had a record of 7-2, and was viciously winning his fights by throwing the nastiest elbows RoV octagon has ever seen. I think at that point, Daniel Redman was considered to be by far the best clinch fighter in the division, if not in the organisation. Alvarez took this statement seriously and went to war against Redman... with Redman's own weapon against him - elbows. Can you imagine the excitement of the crowd when the two fighters just got a hold of each other and started dropping massive elbows at each other? And, as the rounds went by, the amazement of fans was growing - Alvarez doesn't just stay in clinch and throw, he's keeping up in the clinch with Daniel Redman himself, the man that was considered to have the most brutal clinch game back then. Poor luck made it so that Alvarez lost by TKO (Cut) late at Round 5. If the fight went to the judges, who knows what could have happened. "Doom" was extremely upset with this loss, but at least the fans got to see a great fight and the clinch abilities of Alvarez - he can hang there with the best. With this fight, Alvarez has gained a quite impressive amount of fans globally. They were also driven by the idea of that Alvarez could have won that fight if he wouldn't have fought in the clinch, and fought on the outside where he seems to feel even more comfortable.

In his next fight, Alvarez lost again. It was a unanimous decision loss against Bear Trapp, but even with this loss Micheal managed to show everybody how tough he is - Trapp was throwing massive bombs at him that night, and many people even questioned - how is he still standing? After all, Alvarez showed a lot of heart and great chin, took his beating like a man and accepted his loss against Trapp. He got completely outworked.

This was the breaking point of Alvarez's career in which he has decided to do something different in his career. He moved to St. Peterburg to train with Iron Fight Team, a widely recognised gym there in Russia which has bred a lot of talent and champions. Since then Michael's fight game has changed incredibly - he is now in the right path looking for success. After he joined Iron Fight Team, his next fight was against Sofpho King, which he managed to batter up so much that King submitted due to strikes in Round 2. Also, in his last fight, "Doom" has came up with a stoppage win again - at May 16th he managed to quickly finish a very dangerous and skilled fighter in Vuyusile Colossa while not allowing his opponent to do absolutely anything to him.

Alvarez has gone a lot better since changing gyms, there's an increase in his finishing rate and overall effectiveness in the octagon. As a proof there's some amazing stats about Alvarez right here: Leg Kicks Landed (271), Body Kicks landed (138), Striking Defense (162/610) - (26.55%), Takedown Defense (1/9) - (11.11%).

These stats prove that Alvarez is a monster in the octagon and he's definetly coming for a title shot. Good luck!!!

dont ya mean "monster in the ring" lol. Awesome write up though ;-)

Either you were too stupid to play into my game, or you couldn't get out of me forcing you to play my game.

Either way, if you haven't got enough scars on your face i will be happy to add some more when you get back to my level.

• Upvote 1

ROV 30 Review

Donny Stremphf here, providing you all with a review of a wonderful ROV 30! This event gave us the first ever Ring of Violence Light Heavyweight champion along with a slew of other fights, most of them entertaining. Needless to say, it was a great event. The Hard Knocks arean was sold out with 3000 energetic fans that kept the place nice and rowdy! The event rating was a 207.93. Vit Tu won KO of the night, Red Belt won submission of the night (go figure haha), and fight of the night honors went to Method Man vs Kimo Ovaska. Each were awarded 1k each. Now, let’s get to a review of the main card, shall we?

205 Ibs Title: Vit Tu def George Steele via KO (Punch) at 0:11 of Round 2

The champ is here!!! After battling through two rounds of the ROV Light Heavyweight tournament, Vit Tu defeated George Steele in the championship to claim the Light Heavyweight belt! Things started off with a couple of failed takedowns by both fighters until Tu was finally able to get his opponent on his back, a surprising move as I thought with Tu’s better standup skills he’d try to keep it there. Right away both fighters tried to end things as Steele went for a submission after failing to transition from half guard to full guard. Tu had none of it and then tried for an arm triangle himself, which also failed. Steele then tried a couple more submissions but was again unsuccessful. This is pretty much how the round went for the first eight minutes. Steele kept trying submission attempts over and over again, with Tu slipping in his own attempts every now and then. At four minutes into the round Steele was able to successfully reverse his position to get on top. He continued his barrage of submission attempts to no avail. Halfway past the seventh minute, Tu reversed back into the dominant position. Things pretty much continued the same way, with sub attempt after sub attempt. Halfway past the eighth minute the action really picked up, as Tu threw down some great ground and pound that rocked Steele to the brink. Steele was able to recover, even after Tu moved into full mount. After some more back and forth submission attempts, the round ended. Everyone gave that one to Tu. Now, I was not in Tu’s corner in between rounds, but I imagine the conversation went something like this: Cornerman: “You’re dominating the fight, stick to the game plan and we’ll win this one easy.” Tu: “ F—k that, I’m ending this.” The second round starts and after three failed takedown attempts by Steele, Tu countered with a powerful cross that knocked Steele out cold. The fight was done and over, with Tu becoming the champion! I was unable to speak with Tu after the fight, but I did catch up with Steele. When asked what went wrong in this fight, Steele answered with: “Not enough control, need to put better game plan together.” I then asked him how he’ll come back from this loss and what’s next for George Steele. He answered: “Nothing changes, just keep moving forward.” He was short with me when answering questions, but he held his head high and seemed confident that he’ll be back. Overall, the fight had a poor rating of 26 percent. Tu threw three punches and landed two in the standup. He landed seven of nine while on the ground. Steele totaled 32 submission attempts with zero punches thrown. With that knockout, Tu won knockout of the night honors, a saving grace to what some thought was a bland fight. Vit Tu’s next opponent is under offer, while George Steele will next fight Kimo Ovaska June 13th.

205 Ibs: Red Belt def Petr Vondrachek via Submission (Kimura) at 0:31 of Round 1

A short fight here as Red Belt made quick work of his adversary. Belt drove in for a nice takedown as soon as the bell rang. He landed it and right away threw some quick but heavy strikes on Vondrachek. Belt loosened him up a bit and then was able to sink in a kimura to end the fight. Vondrachek tapped at 31 seconds of the first round and it was all over. It was an impressive quick victory for Red Belt. All in all, Belt threw two punches from the ground and landed one. It only took him one submission attempt to end it. The fight rating received a 100 percent. The victory earned Belt a submission of the night bonus. Red Belt’s next fight is unknown as it is still under offer. Petr Vondrachek fought out his ROV contract with this fight and is unknown whether he’ll be back in this organization or not.

205 Ibs: Method Man def Kimo Ovaska Decision (Unanimous)

The fight of the night was a decision victory for light heavyweight Method Man. The first three rounds were pretty tight. Eventually Method Man was able to pull away and show his dominance in the last two rounds, but the fight was still a solid bout. The first round was by far the closest. Man clinched up right away, it was no secret that’s where he wanted the fight to be. Within the clinch, Man was able to land a number of shots. Ovaska was able to break the clinch eventually, and things went back and forth like that for the first couple of minutes. After that, the fight stayed out of the clinch for the rest of the round. There were some good shots traded between the fighters. Ovaska landed a nice uppercut around the second minute while Man hit a couple nice body shots. The round ended with the commentator giving it Ovaska. One of the judges gave Ovaska this round, while the other two scored it for Man. Round two was similar to round one, except there was less clinching. Man was able to clinch up just before the second minute, but Ovaska broke just after. More shots were traded back and forth for another even round. The commentator gave it to Method Man, while one judge scored this one a draw. The others gave it to Man. Round three was much like the last. There was a period of clinching in the middle of the round complimented with standup game outside of it. The commentator gave it to Ovaska, while one judge scored it a draw and the other two gave it to Man. Method Man showed his dominance in the last two rounds. The fourth round featured no clinching. Each fighter kept it busy, but Man was simply able to land more than Ovaska. The judges and commentator gave it to Man. The fifth round was somewhat the same, except Man clinched up a couple times with Ovaska and was able to control things from in there. All the judges gave it to Method Man for that round. He took the fight via unanimous decision with scores of 50:45, 50:45 and 49:48. From the standup, Method Man landed 45 of 88 punches and 38 of 69 kicks. In the clinch, Man landed 15 of 34 punches and one knee. Kimo Ovaska landed 47 of 124 punches along with 8 of 12 kicks from the standup. He landed four punches from the clinch. Overall, this fight had a fight rating of 78 percent and earned fight of the night honors for each of its warriors. Method Man’s next opponent is unknown, while Kimo Ovaska will take on George Steele June 13th.

145 Ibs: Koichi Kamei def Roberto Silva via Decision (Unanimous)

Koichi Kamei keeps his record perfect in this unanimous decision victory against Roberto Silva. Each fighter had their own styles in this one, with Kamei focusing more on the standup and Silva wanting the fight to go to the ground. It was easy to tell that the standup dominated this fight. Each round went pretty much the same. Whenever the fight was standing, Kamei absolutely dominated, landing 53 of 82 punches. Silva continued to try and keep things on the ground but was not able to really do much down there. He attempted 29 takedowns and landed seven. He did not throw any ground strikes, in fact, he didn’t land any strikes at all. He attempted 27 submission attempts and came somewhat close on some but obviously didn’t successfully complete any. The biggest highlight came in the final round when Kamei landed with a nice hook that rocked Silva. However, Kamei was unable to take advantage of the moment and had to settle with a decision victory. The fight received a rating of 45 percent. All the judges scored the fight 49:46, with Silva being able to win the final round as Kamei played it safe and went on the defensive. Koichi Kamei’s next fight is still under offer. Roberto Silva will next face Michael Alvarez on June 13th.

205 Ibs: Abed Nadir def White Goodman via Decision (Unanimous)

These two light heavyweights kicked off the main card here with a fight fought mostly on the mat here. Nadir was somewhat dominant as he was able to take Goodman down at will, completing all five of his takedown attempts. Goodman wasn’t nearly as good. He was able to take Nadir down twice on 13 attempts. Each fighter tried to work their position while on the ground. What unfortunately came about was a fight that had a lot of laying with minimal moving and not too many ground strikes. For a fight that was spent about 85 percent on the ground, there should have probably been more than 39 attempted strikes between each fighter. However, you cannot be too critical of fighters, as the main goal is to win, which each fighter obviously tried to do. There was never a blowout in any round, but Nadir was the clear winner in each other than the third round, which was the closest by far. In the end, Goodman landed four ground strikes out of 25 while Nadir landed three of 14. The fans did not appreciate this one as much as the other fights and neither did the fight rating, as it ended with a 31 percent. Neither fighter has another fight set up yet, although Abed Nadir has his under offer.

• Upvote 1

ROV 31 Preview

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

– Winston Churchill

What’s up ROV fans and fanatics!!! Donny Stremphf here coming at you with a preview for ROV 31. I know you’re excited for this one, as we have a Super Heavyweight title on the line along with a Featherweight title eliminator fight. ROV 31 will take place at Hard Knocks Arena in St. Petersburg. Three thousand strong are expected to attend this event, I know I’m not gonna miss it! This event is in part brought to you by //buriedALIVE// Fight Gear: Don’t defeat your opponent, bury them. All right people, let’s get to it! A preview of the main card coming up right now baby! HERE WE GO!!!!

265+ Title: Qasim Barakat (4-1-0) v Arnie Armstrong (4-0-0)

Why will you win this fight?

“I train hard, I eat well, I sleep plenty and take ice baths, this is what a fighter needs to win fights, and this is why I will win.” – Qasim Barakat

Any message to your opponent?

“Arnie, you’re just a fat kid on roids. You don’t stand a chance.” – QB

Oooh buddy! It’s the big boys coming out for our main event. We have a super heavyweight title fight to end what’s to be a wonderful event. The champion, Qasim Barakat, is a cardio machine with some dangerous knees! He’s on a four fight win streak after dropping his professional debut, including winning the title in his last fight with a deadly head kick against Peter Sutcliffe. Barakat is a fan favorite who loves to end his fights via knockout; every single one of his victories have ended in (T)KOs. He is undefeated in the Ring of Violence organization and will be looking to keep it that way. When asked what being a champion means for him, Barakat answered with: “I’m champion cause I’m the best and it feels good.” It sure will feel good if he continues his super heavyweight dominance. Arnie Armstrong is his challenger, a Muay Thai specialist who is also a KO machine. Not only has he ended all of his fights by TKO, but not one of them has gone past the first round. Talk about a scary dude! The undefeated Armstrong has had all of his fights in ROV. If he continues this way, I’m pretty sure Ring of Violence would love to keep him as long as they can! Barakat comes into this fight with the better skills. His boxing and BJJ are better (for this fight, the BJJ doesn’t matter that much but it’s worth noting). They’re all tied up with wrestling and Muay Thai. I imagine that this fight will be all standing. I don’t see this five round fight going past the first round. I think we’ll see a KO at the end of it. No matter what though, it will be an exciting fight for the fans!

Note: I have not been able to reach Arnie Armstrong for an interview. If he gets back to me, I will include it in this preview

265+: Dick Army (10-1-0) v Peter Sutcliffe (5-1-0)

The co-main event is another super heavyweight bout with a kickboxing veteran and a former ROV title holder. Dick Army is fighting for the third time under the ROV banner and is so far undefeated in this fine organization at 2-0-0. Mr. Granite Chin has won all of his MMA bouts by TKO and will look to be keeping it that way in this one. A win will surely get him closer to a title shot, something he must be drooling over, as he has never had the chance to wear the gold of a title belt. His opponent had that honor and lost it in. Peter Sutcliffe lost his last fight to current champion Qasim Barakat. He would love to get a shot at redeeming his only loss, but will most likely have to get through Army to do that. The excellent boxer has also won all of his fights via (T)KO. With that, I think it’s safe to say that this fight will end that way with these two monsters going at it. Sutcliffe is slightly the better boxer while Army significantly beats him in the Muay Thai. Sutcliffe is better on the ground, but I don’t imagine him taking the fight there, as he hasn’t spent much time there in his fighting career. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens. Dick Army doesn’t get soft too easily, he has a nice granite chin. If Army can land a nice punch, he may be able to end this one if he can stick out the barrage of strikes that will come from Sutcliffe.

145 Ibs: Carl Sheppards (12-6-0) v George North (2-1-0)

A battle between featherweights is our bridge to the co-main event for ROV 31. Carl Sheppards is 2-1-0 in Ring of Violence, including a failed title shot at ROV 25. With his strong boxing and desire to get back on top, Sheppards will look to turn this victory into a win streak after defeating his last opponent via unanimous decision. George North won his ROV debut via split decision at ROV 28. The world-class Muay Thai fighter will look to use a variety of strikes to keep him undefeated in Ring of Violence. Sheppards has a little bit of an advantage in the boxing department while North destroys Sheppards on paper with his Muay Thai. Look for North to use a combination of legs and arms to wear down Sheppards for either a late KO or a decision victory. Sheppards will have to spend a lot of time outside of North’s reach in order to score a victory for his win column.

145 Ibs: Tony Ramos (10-1-0) v Eddy Edwards (5-2-0)

The second fight of the main card is a featherweight title eliminator. The winner here gets to fight for their dream: The Ring of Violence Featherweight Title. Tony Ramos is no stranger to Ring of Violence. He’s been here since ROV 4 and is 7-1-0 in the organization, his only loss being to the current featherweight champion, the one that took Ramos’ title right from him in just a round. The cardio machine counter fighter would absolutely love to have his title back. When asked about getting another shot at the title, his manager had this to say: “For Ramos, it would mean everything, he needs to avenge his loss.” His manager informed me that his first defeat has lit a fire under Ramos; he’s literally been sleeping in the gym, with revenge always on his mind. Eddy Edwards is his opponent, a quick fighter with good wrestling skills. After dropping his ROV debut, Edwards has come back strong with two wins. He’s now one win away from a title shot. When asked about a title shot, Edwards answered with: “Getting a shot at the 145 Ibs ROV title would be an amazing achievement for me, especially at 19 years old. It’s been my number one goal since signing for ROV.” Ramos has the upper hand in this fight. On paper he’s the better fighter, winning in all categories except BJJ, which is a tie. I think he knows it too, when asked about what he’d say to his opponent, he spoke these words: “Keep your chin tucked, because I’m looking for the knockout.” Edwards took a different note with his message: “I have all but respect for you. You have a fighting style that I admire, and I look forward to step in that ring with you." No matter what though, this one’s gonna be good.

205 Ibs: Waclav Szbrjcik (17-18-0) v Stephan Walter (19-18-0)

The main card gets a start from two veteran light heavyweights fighting at the twilight of their careers. Thirty-five year old Waclav Szbrjcik is a world-class boxer who is looking to turn around a five fight losing streak, including dropping his first two ROV fights. His morale is a reflection of his career at the moment, an all time low unfortunately. I’d imagine his career is close to an end no matter what happens here. If it is his last fight, hopefully he goes out on a high note. Excellent boxer Stephan Walter is making his ROV debut in this one. After winning three in a row, he dropped his last fight and is now looking to get back on the winning ways. These fighters are pretty even, with Szbrjcik having the slight advantage by being better in two categories over Walter’s one, although it’s just slightly. With Szbrjcik’s morale so low, I’d imagine it will be hard for him to get this one. But the good thing about MMA baby is that anything can happen!

Don’t be afraid to leave a comment or send me a message bashing or praising my writing. Do you guys have any predictions or comments? Don’t be afraid to reply on the forums! Hope you all enjoyed reading this preview. See you for the next one!!!

• Upvote 3