Ring Of Violence (255K+) Smacktalk Thread

skull

Really looking forward to this event. Got 3 fighters fighting, this is either gonna go very badly or very well for me. I am confident Arnie will keep the title though!

Really looking forward to this event. Got 3 fighters fighting, this is either gonna go very badly or very well for me. I am confident Arnie will keep the title though!

Good luck man. Those are the kind of events that make ya love the game for days or leave you bitterly twitching watching the screen of defeat for hours.

• Upvote 1

As the Agent of Tony Ramos, we are declining all media intersection prior to the fight. Tony his solely focused on the task at hand, and is going to be fully prepared to regain his title.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14121649329211.jpg

"The Silent Assassin" Damien Redman (258829)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/2015032204355020141111010848Belt.png

All i heard was "bok! bok! bok! bok!"

Was gonna reply, but i don't speak chicken.

• Upvote 3

WOW! What an event guys! Redman's comeback victory was insane, and a fight between two KO artist super heavyweights goes to a 50 min decision :wheelchair: Holy shit those two are tough, nobody was ever even rocked. Dick Army put up a hell of a fight, but on this day it was Arnie Armstrong who was the better fighter, so congratulations to him. His next title defense will be against "The Black Beast" Bobby Turner on 7-25-2015, dont miss it!

Mr Tony Ramos, you asked for the fight. You got the fight. Then you realized you bit off a bit more than you can chew and you were too scared to promote the fight.

But don't worry. You dare to think you can take my belt? Well when you look in the mirror now you will be reminded on what happened last time you tried to take MY belt from me.

Well, we sure lived up to the Ring of Violence name as it took me 48 minutes, and although you thought you had the fight won i was able to chip away and pick my shots while you were tired to carve you up. How does it feel to ALMOST have my belt, only for me to take it away from you at the last minute?

Well, when you heal up and want more marks on your face, i will be more than happy to oblige.

-=-=-=-

(Out of character): Nice fight. You had me scared there for a bit :) )

ROV 35: Bad Blood Review

Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting

Napoleon Hill

Two title fights, a fifty minute marathon match, and a come from behind victory to go along with seven finishes?!?! Now that is an event ladies and gentlemen. ROV 35: Bad Blood offered up a lot and it delivered some quality stuff. I am extremely grateful to have been a part of it. I was on the edge of my seat many times, and I imagine so were the 7284 that were in attendance. You can read this review, but after you do so go ahead and check out the fights, all were some really entertaining stuff. Pay special attention to our award winners also: Psycho Vaughan for KO of the night, George Steele for submission of the night, and Damien Redman vs Tony Ramos for fight of the night.

265+ Title: Arnie Armstrong def Dick Army via Decision (Unanimous)

Whoa buddy, I know I didn’t expect this one to go the distance, but these guys made it happen and battled it out for 50 minutes. A FIFTY MINUTE FIGHT!!!! I can barely last the walk from my front door to the newspaper at the end of my driveway (I have a lazy paper boy with a noodle arm) without breathing heavy, and these guys fought for fifty minutes guns blazing the whole time? Damn. Save for about a minute of clinching in the third round, this fight was fought pretty much with a distance between the guys just throwing strikes at each other. I’m going to go ahead and just give you the stats now so I don’t have to go in crazy detail about each round. Look, that may seem lazy, but who the hell wants to read a page long review about a fight (okay you got me, the next review is about a page long but whatever)? Besides, each round was relatively the same since the fight was almost all fought standing at a distance. That’s hard to make an interesting review out of besides just copying and pasting the fight to you guys. If you wanna check out this bad boy, then go read the fight, I suggest you do as it was excellent. Alright, so champion Arnie Armstrong threw 201 head punches and landed 76. He threw 55 body punches and landed 22. He was three of 17 for punch combos. For the kicks, Armstrong was four of 16 to the head, 42 of 108 to the legs, and 10 of 29 to the body. He tried nine times to clinch up but was successful only once. In the clinch he landed two of seven strikes. His opponent, Dick Army, threw 46 of 100 head punches, 31 of 51 body punches, and was five of 12 for punch combos. Army was two of 20 for head kicks, 54 of 99 for leg kicks, and 19 of 61 for body kicks. He was six of 10 for strikes in the clinch. Let’s do some math shall we? That’s 433 strikes altogether that Armstrong threw, landing 159. Dick Army threw 343 and landed 163. Should we combine them, why not? Together these cardio machines threw 322 of 776 strikes! Good gracious. Every round was pretty close except the last, which was dominated by Armstrong. The judges seemed to have a hard time scoring this one: Judge 1 scored it 49-46 Armstrong, Judge 2 score it 49-48 Armstrong, and Judge 3 scored it 50-46 to Armstrong. The second judge gave a tie to rounds one and four while the third judge scored round three a tie. The rating was a 78 percent. It didn’t win fight of the night, but I thought it should have. Seriously, I couldn’t give this fight justice with a real review where I go through each round. It was a bloody bloody war where each round served as a battle. Go check it out for yourselves and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

For anyone that wants to hear what the fighters had to say about this one, here’s some Q and A with Dick Army. Arnie Armstrong has not been able to be reached for comment.

Stremphf: What went wrong in this fight?

Army: I think I was a little too cautious out there, Armstrong's KO power was a concern going into this fight so I didn’t want to get over aggressive and leave myself open to a big counter. And perhaps I overestimated his clinch a little and shouldn't have avoided fighting there. But you know it wasn’t a devastating KO loss or a beat down, it was a back and forth fight. Everyone else has been left flat on their back by Armstrong and I wasn’t rocked at all so that shows I got an iron chin.

Stremphf: How will you bounce back from this?

Army: You can best believe I'll be fighting for that belt again, my next opponent is gonna be in for a world of hurt.

145 Ibs Title: Damien Redman def Tony Ramos via TKO (cut) at 8:35 of Round 5

He had just less than a half minute to go. That’s it, after that time was over he would be crowned the new featherweight champion. He would defeat a fighter who some say he had bad blood with. He was going to wear that belt. And then it happened, the doctor was called in. The fight was called and his victory slipped from his grasp, a grasp that some say was air tight. Well they were wrong. Damien Redman wins another victory because of a doctor stoppage via cut. He has won his previous six victories this way. What do some say about that? That he is lucky? Well, I call BS. I think this has more to do with Redman’s intelligence of going after cuts than just getting lucky. I think he agrees, when asking Redman how he felt after “stealing” the victory from his opponent, he answered with, “You say I stole the fight? I say I was patient and used the 50 minute fight to my advantage to pick my shots. He slowed down towards the end and I stepped it up.” I agree, when Redman sees blood he goes after it, like an unfed shark in the open waters of the ocean. He sees red and he goes crazy. I think you can attribute these victories via cut because Redman is an intelligent hungry fighter who never quits. Every round would have most likely gone to the challenger. At least the commentator thought so, he praised Ramos’ dominance after the bell of each round. After dominating the first round, Ramos received the cut that would hinder his dreams just past the second minute in the clinch, when Redman landed a nasty elbow. Redman continued to go after the bloody thing. He clinched up at the beginning of the third round and continued to throw strikes at it. That went on until Ramos broke clinch just past the sixth minute and took his opponent down. He was able to control and strike well on the ground, including rocking Redman at the end. Round four featured a lot more in and out clinching. Again, Redman went after the cut of Ramos. It really started to bleed half way past the seventh minute. Ramos was able to land a takedown at the end of the round. Along with the good control he showed earlier in the round, he was able to keep the points on his side of things, much the same as the previous rounds. The last round rolled around and all Ramos had to do was survive. Redman had other plans as he tried desperately to keep things close up so he could elbow the hell out of that cut. This is exactly as he did. The cut looked like it could end the fight at about 5:45, when it really became opened up. It continued to just get horrible halfway past the seventh minute. The ref could do no more at 8:35. He called in the doctor, who had to do his job and protect Ramos from hurting his cut even more. Redman successfully defended his belt. Stats wise, Redman was 13 of 16 standing up. He tried 161 times to clinch, being successful 13 of those tries. In the clinch he was 11 of 20 punching and 33 of 79 with elbows. Ramos was 17 of 86 standing up. He was five of 18 for takedowns. In the clinch he was 18 of 45 punching and one out of 13 for takedowns. On the ground he was 19 of 46 striking. The fight rating was a 41 percent, but got an excitement boost when Redman ended up making the comeback victory, although a lot would probably say that a doctor stoppage sucks. His manager had this to say when asked about his fighter’s intelligence and heart: “Well early in his career in his first Title Fight, he dominated for 4 rounds before getting caught in a sub. He knew it wasn't over until it is over and was slowly chipping away and in the end came away with the belt.” He’s saying his fighter learned from that fight and uses that knowledge in every match he goes into. I think that is evident. Ramos didn’t quite agree with his opponent. When asked if he deserved an immediate rematch, Ramos answered with, “Clearly the better fighter lost this fight. After dominating the whole fight, the ref decided to stop it via cut. Obviously I don’t agree with the ref’s decision at all and I would like an immediate rematch. I would just like to ask Redman a question, do you really feel like you won that fight? After been dominated for almost 5 rounds and then winning via a lucky cut, do you truly feel like the better fighter?” If I was Ramos I would be pissed too. As far as an immediate rematch goes? Sign me up, I would love to see these two fighters go at it again. Until then though, Damien Redman remains the champ.

205 Ibs: George Steele def Juan Tamad via Submission (Triangle) at 2:22 of Round 1

The shortest fight of the main card came in the third match of the night’s main card between these two veteran light heavyweights. Tamad connected nice with a jab at the beginning of the round which gave Steele a nice cut. Steele didn’t want to contend with the standup of Tamad so he took him down soon after. He then bombarded his opponent with submission attempts in-between controlling his opponent and not letting him move/breath. Four submission attempts passed with Tamad defending them well. Then the fifth one came just past the second minute. It was a nice triangle that Steele was able to sink in which forced Tamad to tap and end this puppy in the first round. The fight received a rating of 41 percent. Tamad landed one out of two strikes standing and two of four from his back. Steele was one of two for takedowns. On the ground he threw no strikes and was one of five with submissions. The submission victory gave Steele sub of the night honors. Both warriors have fights under offer.

170 Ibs: Frank Underwood def Hannibal Barca via Decision (Unanimous)

A close decision victory was earned by Frank Underwood. The winner flirted between clinching and distance. When Barca was able to get around his opponent’s height advantage he was able to take the 10 points for those rounds. However, he was not able to do that enough and earn a victory. The first round featured no clinching, Underwood was able to use his height advantage to keep his opponent back with a barrage of punches and kicks. The second round featured only about just over a minute of clinching. Barca tried to control in the clinch, but he ended up actually landing enough quality strikes to keep Underwood on his toes. Distance wise, this is one of those rounds where Barca was able to get around Underwood enough and land strikes. It was a close round, but most gave it to Barca. The third round was much like the second, with some in and out clinching while Barca was able to move quickly and pick his shots, which landed well. Again close, but most gave it to Barca. Hannibal Barca just couldn’t keep it going the last two rounds. His movement was poor and Underwood was able to use his height advantage to keep his opponent back and loose with more punches and kicks. He dominated the last two rounds to earn himself the victory. The judges scored it 49:47, 48:47, and 48:47. Underwood was 43 of 76 punching in the stand up. He was 60 of 123 kicking. In the clinch he was seven of 16 striking. Hannibal Barca was 48 of 104 punching and 13 of 43 kicking. In the clinch he was four of eight striking. The fight rating was a solid 85 percent. Neither fighter has a fight set up yet, with Hannibal Barca currently unsigned at the moment. It is unknown whether he’ll be back or not.

265+ Ibs: Oleg Ljashko def Robert Sullivan via (TKO) Strikes at 1:40 of Round 3

The first fight of the main event started out close, but had a change of pace with a nice knee in the second round that turned the favor toward Oleg Ljashko. The majority of the first round was spent in the clinch. Ljashko initiated it just after the starting bell rang. He received a nice cut after Sullivan landed a good knee to the head. The fight continued moving in and out of the clinch toward the end of the round. Each fighter traded nice shots and neither could really gain the upper hand control wise. It was close, with the commentator giving the first round to Ljashko. The second round featured a lot more in and out of clinching, with Ljashko getting the upper hand. Halfway through the second he kneed Sullivan and rocked him with it, also giving him a cut. Sullivan wasn’t really able to recover from this. Ljashko out struck him the rest of the round, showing his dominance control wise also. Again, the third round pretty much started in the clinch. Some decent shots were traded before Ljashko cracked Sullivan with a nice uppercut. Sullivan fell back against the ropes with Ljashko just unloading on him. Sullivan wasn’t able to recover and the ref had to jump in and stop this fight. The rating was a nice 66 percent. Ljashko was seven of eight standing up and successful with all 14 clinch attempts. In the clinch he was 46 of 72. Robert Sullivan was zero of two standing up. He was 12 of 58 clinching. Ljashko has a fight under offer while Sullivan will face Saure Zbeissa on 7/25.

• Upvote 2

"Tony Ramos dominated the inferior fighter for 5 rounds until the ref decided to dictate his fate. After rocking and dominating Redman for 5 rounds, the fight was stopped via a premature cut. We hope the ordination responds with an immediate rematch." - Tony Ramos' Agent

“Clearly the better fighter lost this fight. After dominating the whole fight, the ref decided to stop it via cut. Obviously I don’t agree with the ref’s decision at all and I would like an immediate rematch. I would just like to ask Redman a question, do you really feel like you won that fight? After been dominated for almost 5 rounds and then winning via a lucky cut, do you truly feel like the better fighter?” - Ramos

You asked for the fight... You got it!!

Then you clammed up and were too scared to say anything leading up to the fight. You say I am the inferior fighter? Well which fighter had his hands raised at the end of the fight? Which fighter took home the belt? Which fighter looked like he went through a meat grinder? Now you tell me who the inferior fighter is.

The fight was scheduled for 50 minutes. The fact that you were winning for 48 minutes doesn't matter. Hell, if you were winning at 49 minutes and 59 seconds it wouldn't matter. What matters is you couldn't finish me and i sliced you up so badly that the ref had to save you from more scars.

Now don't be down, homie. On my first Title shot the same thing happened to me. I dominated the champ for over 40 minutes just like you did. And just like you, i thought i was on the home stretch and thought i was taking the belt home. Then i got caught in a sub and the belt that was within my grasp was taken away from me. You know what? I was not given an immediate rematch. I will never get a chance to avenge that loss because Rene Turgeon has since retired so he wouldn't have to face me again.

But despite the fact i feel you should earn your way back to the top, i have signed the dotted line to grant you your rematch so i can add more scars to your face.

Now it's your turn.... Unless you're scared.

Are you scared???

• Upvote 1

ROV 35 Preview

Here’s a little change of pace for you guys. Instead of a quote here is a motivational video, or maybe a parody of one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPAJtvy1uL0

Go big or go home as they always say! Storman Norman knows that, as he decided to have a bomb ass event take place at a higher tier arena: The Ice Box in St. Petersburg. This baby fits 12,300 and if I know my events, then 12,300 people are going to want to show up to see this card. We have two title fights and eight other great matches to treat you devoted fans with. Check out this preview before you head out to The Ice Box on the 4th of July!

205 Ibs Title: Vit Tu (36-21-0) v Kimo Ovaska (20-11-0)

The main event of ROV 36 is a 205 Ibs title fight between defending champion Vit Tu and challenger Kimo Ovaska. Vit Tu defended his belt against Red Belt at ROV 33 via KO (strikes). Getting one defense in the books is an achievement, but being able to consistently keep that belt around your waist is another. The insanely flexible world-class boxer loves to end things with vicious KOs. Let’s see if he can do that against his opponent and number one contender Kimo Ovaska. The good wrestler beat George Steele at ROV 33 to project himself into the number one contender position. He is 3-1 in his last four fights, including two wins in the Ring of Violence organization. These guys are going to go at it in a five round 10 minute per round fight. With the knockout power of these two, I don’t see it going the distance. However, that’s what I said about Dick Army and Arnie Armstrong and I was totally wrong on that one. We’ll see though. Both of these guys are great boxers who can put people to sleep. They both have equal skills, except for Muay Thai, where Ovaska trumps Tu. I would say this fight will stay standing, with maybe Ovaska trying to bring things close and Tu staying on the outside. No matter what though, it’s going to be an exciting fight!

145 Ibs: Carl Sheppards (14-6-0) v Micheal Alvarez (7-3-0)

Ring of Violence veterans Carl Sheppards and Micheal Alvarez go head to head in the co-main event. This is a much hyped featherweight bout that pits two highly skilled guys in the ring. Carl Sheppards is on a three fight win streak. He is 4-1 in his last five, with that loss coming because of a cut suffered in a title fight between him and Troll ShitBrickHouse. Sheppards KOed Miles Davis at ROV 34 for his last fight, something he hopes to replicate at this event. Micheal Alvarez is also on a three fight win streak, including a KO head hick victory in his last fight against Roberto Silva at ROV 33. The cardio machine wants another win, a win that could potentially throw him into a title fight against the 145 Ibs champ. In fact, I’d imagine Carl Sheppards is close if not one win away from his own title shot. This makes things a lot more interesting. When matching these guys up, Sheppards has the advantage in boxing and BJJ while Alvarez has the advantage in Muay Thai and wrestling. I’d imagine this fight, like the main event, stays standing, with one fighter trying to close the distance while the other keeps it. Hang on for the ride baby.

170 Ibs Title: Dutch Schultz (7-3-0) v Omar Little (5-2-0)

Not many people get to see the middle of the main card feature a title fight, but alas, here we are with the welterweight belt on the line in the third fight of this one. Dutch Schultz recently came off a TKO victory to defend his belt against Frank Underwood at ROV 32. Since starting his career 1-3, Schultz has not lost a fight, currently on a six fight win streak and counting. Schultz is one that likes to put his opponent to sleep with a knee. Look for that in this fight against number one contender Omar Little. Ring of Violence fighter Omar Little is on a win streak of his own, although his three wins don’t trump Schultz’s six. Little beat Liam Kelley in the fight of the night at ROV 29 to secure his spot for a 170 Ibs title fight. He’ll now be looking into the eyes of Dutch Schultz as he tries to knock his opponent out of title town. These guys are basically the same on paper, except for Schultz purple belt beating Little’s blue belt, although I don’t think that will make much the difference in this one. As are the other ones, look for this puppy to stay standing and to stay vicious.

145 Ibs: Bostar Tyraanicao (6-3-0) v Renan Melo (10-3-0)

The battle of styles comes to play in the second fight of the main card featuring featherweights Bostar Tyraanicao and Renan Melo. Tyraanicao is another ROV fighter on a good win streak, coming in unbeaten in his past five fights, with four of those being KO victories. The young fella will have his hands full against Renan Melo, a submission specialist bringing his ground game into this fight. He is currently on a four fight win streak and looking to keep things going. This is his Ring of Violence debut. He no doubt wants to make it a good one for his first ROV fight. As I said before, this is a battle of styles. Tyraanicao brings in the superior standup skills while Melo is a total ground guy. If Tyraanicao has well enough takedown defense, then as long as he stays cautious, I can see him winning this. However, I have a standup bias so don’t at all doubt Melo as he tries to break his opponent or put him to sleep with a choke.

265­+ Ibs: David Suroki (5-2-0) v Cyrus Kendall (5-4-0)

The big boys start things off in the debut of the main event as David Suroki and Cyrus Kendall go at it in this match. David Suroki is unique compared to the other fighters on the main card, which is he is the only one coming off a loss in his last fight. That’s right, he’s not bringing a winning streak into this one. He dropped his ROV debut against Bobby Turner at ROV 32. He’ll be looking to start a winning streak and bring his Ring of Violence record up to 1-1 in this fight against Cyrus Kendall. Unlike his opponent and like the other main card fighters, Kendall brings a fight streak into this one, although it’s only two, which is less compared to the other guys. His last two victories have against opponents whose cuts got so bad the doctor had to call things. I’d imagine he’d rather win by TKO because of strikes this time. These guys are not even in one category. Kendall has the just slightly better boxing and Muay Thai. He has a significant advantage in the BJJ department. Suroki wins in the wrestling category. With that, I don’t know where this fight will be, but if I had to guess, it’ll be standing.

• Upvote 1

Michael "Doom" Alvarez - F*ck no, no, no, no! It was my title shot. My championship. My road to MY belt. Guess I'll have to take the long road then.

Looks like someone needs more scars on his face to remind him what happened last time we fought. Happy to add to the collection

• Upvote 1

Looks like someone needs more scars on his face to remind him what happened last time we fought. Happy to add to the collection

Micheal "Doom" Alvarez: Do I have to remind you that you have dome scars left from that fight as well? :)

• Upvote 1

Micheal "Doom" Alvarez: Do I have to remind you that you have dome scars left from that fight as well? :)

Are you talking about the bruises and cuts on my forearms and elbows?

• Upvote 1

200px-Frankie_Edgar.jpg

(#1) Michael "Doom" Alvarez (8-3)

As I've always said - I will not chase the title shot. It will eventually come to me. And it did, as I have defeated Carl Sheppards by TKO in the 2nd round to extend my winning streak to four. Sheppards has my respect for stepping in against me instead of Troll ShitBrickHouse, who, for some reason, was stalling on the fight offer and wasted his shot. Since my career rejuvenation, the time when I moved to Iron Fight Team I have never lost a fight, and we will most definetly prepare for our title fight as well. Whether it's Redman or Ramos, I see ways in which I can defeat one or another, so I don't really care which one I'm gonna fight, I'm just rooting for them to have a good fight.

The soon to be World Champion, Micheal Alvarez!

• Upvote 1

Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning

Gloria Steinem

Whoa buddy, what an event! ROV 36 delivered for us fans and fanatics of Ring of Violence baby! The event pulled in a rating of 265.35. It was just shy of selling out, gathering in a crowd of 12,256 of the possible 12,300 seats. Hey, for a big arena, that’s pretty good in my opinion. KO of the night went to Bostar Tyraanicao, who had a nasty spinning backfist to end things in his fight. Sub of the night went to Red Belt, who was on the undercard so make sure to check out his fight. Fight of the night was the 170 title fight between Omar Little and Dutch Schultz.

205 Ibs Title: Vit Tu def Kimo Ovaska via TKO (strikes) at 9:55 of Round 1

With just five seconds left in the first round, Vit Tu was able to retain his light heavyweight belt with some nice ground and pound that would send Kimo Ovaska packing. Although Kimo Ovaska out struck his opponent, Vit Tu was the one that kept him foggy throughout the fight. At about 20 seconds into this one, Tu dropped Ovaska with a beautiful combination that rocked the hell out of him and also gave him a nasty cut. Ovaska was actually able to recover well and eventually recompose himself. These guys traded shots for the next 8 minutes, with Ovaska actually landing the better of the exchanges. However, Vit Tu is a tough fighter. He kept his chin up and out of trouble as he picked his shots on Ovaska. Just past the eighth minute, Tu was able to take Ovaska down right into side control and would eventually work his way into mount. Ovaska tried to wiggle out of the control of Tu, but it was no use. At first the ground and pound was sloppy, but Tu was eventually able to land some quality stuff. He threw a big shot to the head that knocked Ovaska out cold. Tu gave him some additional strikes for good measure. The fight rating was a 49 percent. Tu landed 14 of 38 shots standing up and two strikes from the ground. Ovaska was 36 of 73 standing. He out struck his opponent pretty well, but wasn’t able to get the job done. Vit Tu does not have another fight set up yet while the defeated Kimo Ovaska will face Sola Romaneiro on 7/25.

145 Ibs: Micheal Alvarez def Carl Sheppards via TKO (Cut) at 1:14 of Round 2

Well, the man who was next in line to get a title shot ended up having to fight another fight, and that he did, defeating Carl Sheppards via doctor stoppage in the second round. Some people have their opinions on winning via cut, but don’t be fooled here, Micheal Alvarez dominated his opponent and deserved this victory. There was some good exchange to start things out, with Micheal Alvarez suffering his own cut halfway through the first round. Eventually Alvarez was able to clinch. Except for a few momentary seconds, this is pretty much where the fight stayed and where Alvarez was able to put his punishment on Sheppards. For the rest of the fight, Alvarez punched and elbowed his opponent to dismay. The Sheppards’ cut came just before the second minute. Alvarez would continue to go at this thing until the doctor was forced to come in at the beginning of the second round and call this one. The fight rating was a 31 percent. Alvarez landed one body kick in the standup. In the clinch he was nine of nine with head punches, nine of 16 body punches, and 12 of 18 for elbows. Sheppards was five of 12 standing and two of four in the clinch. Alvarez will most likely get the winner of Redman v Ramos while Sheppards will fight Eddy Edwards on 7/25.

170 Ibs Title: Omar Little def Dutch Schultz via TKO (Cut) at 5:54 of Round 3

Another fight ends because of the doctor as Omar Little beat the hell out of Dutch Schultz to take away his welterweight belt. Schultz cut came just a few punches into this one as he tried closing the distance and instead took a nice shot to the face. It was just a matter of time after that as Omar Little was able to pick and choose his strikes extremely well. Schultz literally tried to throw everything he had. The lesson here though is that quality is better than quantity. Throughout the fight Schultz threw 226 strikes (combined standup and clinch). Little threw 195, however, he landed 152 for a spectacular 78 percent landing rate. Schultz only landed 52 for a completion rating of a horrid 23 percent. With that, it’s clearly shown that Little was the better striker. Schultz was rocked at around 4:30 of the first round and then saw his cut get worse and worse. By the third round, and remember, these puppies were 10 minutes each, Little had bloodied and beaten the hell out Schultz and his cut. The doctor came in and shut this one down. This fight received fight of the night and had a 63 percent rating. New champion Omar Little will take on Frank Underwood on 8/7 while Schultz does not have a fight set up.

145 Ibs: Bostar Tyraanicao def Renan Melo via KO (Spinning Backfist) at 4:56 of Round 1

Okay, a blind man could’ve seen that Tyraanicao had KO of the night in the books when he knocked out his opponent via spinning backfist. This is actually the first time I’ve ever seen someone KO a fighter via spinning backfist on MMA Tycoon. Needless to say it was pretty sweet. This fight wasn’t completely dominated by Tyraanicao, but it wasn’t that close either. Really, there was a feeling out process that slowed the fight down. These guys started out that way, trading shots but not landing as much as either would have liked. Eventually Melo clinched things up, but it didn’t do him much good, as he was only able to land one of two strikes while things were up close. Tyraanicao only landed one more however, as things were slow in the clinch. Thing stayed up close from about 2:30 to 3:30. After this, Tyraanicao really started throwing and landing shots. Eventually he rocked Melo with a nice single shot and then was able to deliver the Jesus of knockouts with his amazing spinning backfist. Overall, Tyraanicao was 17 of 23 while Melo was six of 22. The rating was a 43 percent. The winner does not have a fight set up. Renan Melo will fight Mario bates on 7/18.

265+ Ibs: Cyrus Kendall def David Suroki via TKO (Strikes) at 3:49 of Round 1

Sorry David Suroki, but you were completely dominated by Cyrus Kendall in this one. Suroki was cut in the beginning by a nice kick to the head. Although he was able to shrug it off, it set the tone for the fight. Kendall was easily able to pick and choose his shots while Suroki could not get anything going, being unable to figure his opponent out. Just past the third minute, Kendall landed a left and a right that sent Suroki dazed and crashing to the mat. Although Suroki was rocked, Kendall decided to let him stand up. He then again knocked Suroki down with a big right that again messed him up. Suroki was again able to stand up but he was pretty wobbly. Eventually Kendall cracked him with a big right that put him up against the ropes. He fell to his knees as Kendall started unloading on him. The ref jumped in and stopped this bloodbath to give Kendall the victory. The rating was a good 77 percent. Kendall was 29 of 43 while Suroki was four of 30. Ouch. Neither fight has anything set up yet, although Suroki has a fight under offer.

• Upvote 1

If you can't do the little things right, you will never do the big things right

-William H. McRaven

We’re back to he Kazan Sambo Center for ROV 37, sure to be an exhilarating event featuring a slew of veteran and not so veteran fighters. Even though there isn’t any title fights in this one, fans won’t be disappointed with this event, part in brought to you by //buriedALIVE// Fight Gear.

265+ Ibs: Jax Briggs (5-2-0) v Buliwyf Christianson (4-1-0)

The main event of the night features the big fellas going to town as Jax Briggs and Buliwyf Christianson get in the ring together. Briggs is new to ROV, having just had his Ring of Violence debut at ROV 34, defeating Guido Gloom via TKO (strikes). Briggs has been struggling as of lately, going 2-2 in his last four fights after starting his career 3-0. He’ll be looking to start a winning streak and get the good times back against his opponent. That opponent happens to be Buliwyf Christianson. Cardio machine Christianson is 1-1 in ROV, winning his last fight against Peter Sutcliffe at ROV 34. He also started his career out 3-0 before dropping his first professional loss to Cyrus Kendall at ROV 31. He’ll also be looking to get a two fight win streak going and get back into the mix of a title shot. When stacking these fighters up, Briggs has the edge, being better in the boxing and wrestling categories. Christianson is better in Muay Thai and both are even in BJJ. Look for Christianson to keep this fight close up while Briggs tries to hold his distance.

145 Ibs: Rapen Murder (9-4-0) v Rodrigo Cabral (6-2-0)

The co-main event consists of two featherweights looking to battle it out in the ring together. Rapen Murder is on a two fight win streak, both the previous wins coming by submission. He’s an ROV veteran who has been with this organization since ROV 10. His Ring of Violence record is an even 4-4 right now. He’ll be looking to notch up that win column in this one. Rodrigo Cabral isn’t quite the ROV veteran that his opponent is, having only fought once for this grand organization. He won his debut, defeating Pat Stay at ROV 34. He’s 1-1 in his last two fights, before that being on a four fight win streak. He’s hoping to knockout his opponent and get back to the long winning streak ways he just previously left behind. Rapen Murder has the advantage in this fight. He is the better boxer and has a higher BJJ belt. The wrestling is even while Cabral has the significant advantage in Muay Thai. Cabral is going to have to clinch up and stay standing if he wants to win this one. Rapen Murder will surely try and get this puppy to the ground so he can sink in a nice submission victory.

205 Ibs: Abed Nadir (20-17-1) v Tommy Victorio (19-16-1)

Well we have two very experienced fighters taking each other on in the middle of the main card. Abed Nadir may not be in the terrorist game as much anymore, but he’ll still be looking to terrorize his opponent in this match up (I know, I know give me a break, I’m tired). He’s had 38 professional fights, but is relatively new to ROV, having only fought his last four fights here. He’s 3-1 though, including being on a two fight win streak right now. Tommy Victorio is even newer to this organization than his opponent, only just making his debut at ROV 35: Bad Blood, defeating Sioux Sie by TKO (strikes). His win streak is at four right now, enjoying some success after a terrible 1-10 slide in his previous 11 fights before the winning streak. These guys are somewhat even, with Victorio just having a very slight advantage in boxing while Nadir has a very slight advantage in wrestling. They are even in Muay Thai, with Nadir having a decent advantage in BJJ. With that, we’ll probably see Victorio try and keep this standing, with Nadir weighing his options. I figure he’ll try and take this to the ground and try to win this by submission.

205 Ibs: Matt Youngblood (28-19-0) v Kyriakos Seikkeris (16-9-1)

Some more experienced fighters help get the main card going as we have a light heavyweight fight between Matt Youngblood and Kyriakos Seikkeris. Youngblood is on a two fight losing streak currently after winning his ROV debut at ROV 26. Currently lacking in morale, the 34 year old is seeing the end of his career. Hopefully he can end things on a positive note (or on a winning streak if he decides to continue after this). Opponent Kyriakos Seikkeris dropped his only ROV fight at ROV 34 to Method Man. He has not won since 9/21 and will be hoping to turn that around in this event. Side by side, the fighters are even in boxing and BJJ. Seikkeris has the Muay Thai and wrestling advantage. Look for him to clinch up while Youngblood tries to keep his distance.

170 Ibs: Gaspard Wasp (8-6-0) v Thiago Macari (10-4-0)

The welterweights kick things off as fighters Gaspard Was and Thiago Macari go at in this Ring of Violence matchup. Both these guys are true ROV veterans, as they’ve been here since the beginning, that’s right: ROV 1: The Violence Begins. These guys have been able to watch as this organization has grown to the beast it has become today. Wasp last fought at ROV 35: Bad Blood, suffering a TKO loss to Psycho Vaughan. Previously, he was on a three fight win streak, hoping that he’ll get back to those ways after this fight with his opponent. Thiago Macari is 1-1 in his previous two, last fight at ROV 30 and defeating Pablo Bogdynski. Before that he was also on a three fight win streak. He’ll be looking to do the same as his opponent. When matching these two up, it looks like Wasp has the significant advantage. He is a way better boxer with better Muay Thai skills. Macari has the good advantage in BJJ though, with even wrestling skills. It becomes a battle of styles in this one, with Wasp standing and Macari wanting this puppy to go to the ground.

• Upvote 2

Alvarez... In order to beat me i see you have become me. Seeing you slice your opponent up almost makes me kinda respect you in a way. But first i gotta once again go against my toughest challenge in Ramos. After that, i look forward to another bloody encounter!

• Upvote 1

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win

-Mahatma Gandhi

ROV 37 Review

Well hello hello ladies and gents. Lazy ass Donny Stremphf here finally getting this review completed. Some of you may have seen that ROV owner Storman Norman is looking for a new writer. I just wanted to put it out there that I gave my two weeks notice last week. I recently started my graduate program at the beginning of July. I am so damn busy with it that I just cannot devote enough of myself to writing these previews and reviews. Unless Norman finds another writer sooner, this will be my last week here, which means you guys get one more preview and review from me after this. I’ll write a little more about it on my last article for you guys, but I just want to say I’ve really enjoyed writing for you guys. Now, let’s get to the good stuff here: a review of ROV 37!!

265+ Title: Jax Briggs def Buliwyf Christianson via TKO (Cut) at 4:22 of Round 3

A decently close fight ended prematurely because of a cut that Buliwyf Christianson suffered at the beginning of the second round. Christianson won the first round in probably everyone’s opinion. After some attempted shots were traded at the beginning of the fight, Christianson took his opponent down. He threw one elbow that missed and then tried to advance position but was reversed by Briggs. After a minute of some work between the two, Christianson reversed back to the top and dominant position. The rest of the round remained with Christianson on top and Briggs defending from the bottom. Christianson threw some nice punches and gave Briggs a cut halfway through the fourth minute. At the very very beginning of the second round Briggs landed an uppercut that would doom Christianson eventually, giving him a nice cut. Briggs then took the fight into the clinch where he was able to get the better of his opponent for a while. Just before the second minute though Christianson took his opponent down only to be reversed about thirty seconds later by Briggs. The ref stood them up eventually after some lackluster action, only for Christianson to take Briggs down just soon after. The rounded ended with Christianson attempting some shots and moving into half guard. The third round began with Briggs moving into the clinch, which was his area of expertise for this fight. He landed some good shots, opening the cut up of his opponent. He eventually landed a takedown halfway between the second and third minute and continued to go after Christianson’s cut. Eventually the ref called the doctor end. He had no choice but to put an end to things as Christianson’s cut was pretty bad. The fight ended with a rating of 31 percent. Standing up, Briggs was eight of 14 for strikes while Christianson was four of nine and three of three for takedown attempts. In the clinch, Briggs was 18 of 29 for strikes while his opponent was three of 13. On the ground, Briggs was 12 of 18 striking. Christianson was seven of 43. Briggs has a fight under offer while Christianson is hanging tight waiting for something to come in.

145 Ibs: Rodrigo Cabral def Rapen Murder via TKO (Strikes) at 1:45 of Round 2

Except for some control from the ground by Rapen Murder at the beginning of the fight, Rodrigo Cabral dominated this matchup. Murder shot in for a takedown after some shots were exchanged. He tried two submission attempts but came up empty handed as the ref stood things up just past the second minute. It was from here that Cabral threw some nice stuff that Murder could not get past. The second round was much the same as the first, except Murder was not able to land any takedowns to bring this fight to where he wanted it. Cabral outshot his opponent. Halfway through the first Cabral landed a nice straight right hand that rocked Murder. It took one more punch to really end things as Cabral lowered his shoulder and cracked Murder on the jaw. The ref eventually had to move in as Cabral finished his opponent off to call this one a TKO victory. The fight had a rating of 47 percent. Cabral was 36 of 54 striking. Murder was two of 11 in the same category. Rodrigo Cabral will face Blake Wightman on 7/25 while Rapen Murder has nothing set up at the moment.

205 Ibs: Abed Nadir def Tommy Victorio via Decision (Split)

The closest fight of the main card turned out to be fight of the night as Abed Nadir defeated Tommy Victorio in this light heavyweight matchup. The first round was easily won by Nadir, as he knocked his opponent down with a left and a right at about 1:30. He then got into Victorio’s guard and started striking. Just past the second minute Victorio was able to reverse things and starting landing some ground and pound. Just before the fourth minute, Nadir reversed back into Victorio’s guard only to get re-reversed with Victorio getting back on top. Just past the fourth minute Nadir again reversed and got on top where he remained for the rest of the round. The second round was a bit closer as Nadir scored a takedown just before the first minute as these guys were trading shots. Victorio, in typical fashion for this fight, reversed things just past the first minute. Nadir then completed his own reversal just before the second minute. The ref stood things up just past the third minute and the fight stayed standing for a while with these guys trading good shots. Nadir most likely won himself the round on most scorecards with a takedown just before the end of the round. The third round was dominated by Nadir as won the exchanging of the shots before taking down his opponent just past the first minute. Surprise surprise after trying for a sub attempt, Victorio reversed position around the second minute and tried a few more sub attempts before the ref stood things up halfway through the fourth minute. Just after that Nadir landed a takedown and scored some good points before the end of the round. The fourth round featured much of the same as Victorio took it on the the judge’s scorecards. Although Nadir landed two takedowns, Victorio was able to score more points with control and quality strikes. The fifth was much the same as the fourth except Victorio landed his own takedown. He rocked his opponent after a referee stand up at around 2:20 of the round. He wasn’t able to finish off his opponent unfortunately for him. The fight ended, with the commentator announcing that Abed Nadir took it by split decision. The fight had a rating of 60 percent. Nadir was 36 of 62 striking while standing up. He was also six of 16 for takedowns and one of seven clinching. In the clinch he missed one knee and on the ground he was eight of 31 striking. Victorio was 42 of 73 striking while standing up. He was also one of five takedowns. Victorio was one of one punching in the clinch and five of 38 striking on the ground. Abed Nadir earned himself a title shot with this victory. He’ll take on Vit Tu for the belt on 8/7. Victorio has a fight under offer at the moment.

205 Ibs: Kyriakos Seikkeris def Matt Youngblood via Decision (Unanimous)

Seikkeris earns himself a unanimous decision victory in this one. Basically, if Seikkeris was in the clinch, he was dominating the fight. If Youngblood was able to take this fight to the ground, and trust me he tried a lot, then that’s where he scored the majority of his points. The first round featured a little bit of both as Seikkeris got into the clinch from the beginning. The fight stayed there until just before the second minute when Youngblood broke things off and took the fight to the ground. After a couple reversals the round ended with Youngblood on top but Seikkeris scoring the 10 points. The second round was much closer as Youngblood got a takedown literally from the ring of the bell. However, he did not do much to score points and thus the ref stood them up just past the second minute where Seikkeris then got into the clinch and eventually cut his opponent with a nice elbow. Youngblood eventually got the fight to the ground just past the fourth minute but Seikkeris reversed position and ended the round on top. All the judges gave him the second round. They also gave him the third round as he was mostly able to keep it in the clinch and dominate with his array of elbow strikes. Seikkeris took a break from winning the rounds in the fourth as Youngblood was eventually able to take it to the ground a couple times. There was some flopping around and a decent amount of reversals with a standup thrown in there, but all the refs gave it to Youngblood. Seikkeris went back to his winning ways in the fifth round as he kept things mostly in the clinch, although he did suffer two takedowns. The fight ended with all the judges scoring it for him 49:46. The fight received a rating of 43 percent. Seikkeris was three of 10 striking from the standup and nine of 20 for clinch attempts. He was 38 of 80 striking in the clinch, including landing 25 elbows. On the ground he was eight of 21 striking. Youngblood was one of three striking in the standup. He was two of 12 for takedowns. In the clinch he was one of one punching and six of 27 for takedowns. On the ground he was four of 16 for ground strikes. Seikkeris has a fight under offer while Youngblood fought out his contract with that fight.

170 Ibs: Gaspard Wasp def Thiago Macari via TKO (Punches) at 3:39 of Round 1

Gaspard Wasp made short work of Thiago Macari in this welterweight opener to the main event. Things started in favor of Macari as he was able to clinch up, pull guard and then reverse to the top positon. However, he did not do enough to the refs liking as the fighters were stood up. The rest of the fight went in the favor of Wasp. Macari was able to clinch, but Wasp got the better of the striking, giving Macari a nice cut halfway through the second minute. Wasp landed a nice big right that knocked Macari right down to the mat. This left him rocked, however, Wasp decided to clinch back up instead of pouncing on his opponent. No issue though, because after some nice striking, Wasp landed a big uppercut that sent Macari back to the ropes. Wasp this time jumped onto him and the ref stepped in and stopped it. The fight had a rating of 51 percent. Wasp was seven of eight standing up and two of two for clinches. In the clinch, he was 14 of 14 for strikes. Macari didn’t throw any strikes standing or in the clinch. He also didn’t land a strike on the ground. You have to land strikes to win my friend. Gaspard Wasp doesn’t have a fight set up while Thiago Macari left the organization after he fought his contract out with this fight.

• Upvote 1

Damien "The Damned" Redman (258829)

Tony Ramos, not many people get a second chance in life. When I fought Turgeon for my first title shot i dominated for most of the fight until i got caught in a sub. Was i granted an immediate rematch? No i wasn't. What ever happened to him? He retired so he wouldn't have to face the much improved Redman.

When i fought my way back to the top, i risked a title shot in a short turnaround fight to face the stupidly named Troll ShitBrickHouse i was beaten soundly. What happened when i faced him in the rematch? I took my belt.

Which brings us to our fight. It doesn't matter who was winning the fight. The end result was you were winning the fight but i was causing damage. I slowly chipped away and accumulated so much damage that the ref to step in to prevent further damage to you. Anyone who has faced me twice has seen a more improved Redman. You think you can take my belt? I'm gonna re-open those scars i left on your face and i will add some more carvings just to let you know that you are not on my level.

I can't wait to get my hands on you!