Ring Of Violence (255K+) Smacktalk Thread

skull

ROV 31 Review

"There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on"

-Robert Byrne

Four finishes baby, that’s what I like to see. The story of ROV 31 was leaving it out of the judges’ hands. The night started with the prelims where not one judge was actually needed as all of the fights ended in (T)KOs or submissions. The main card then gave five solid fights, with four of those puppies ending in finishes, ‘twas a beautiful sight. Some statistics: The event rating was a 174.53. The arena didn’t sell out, instead having an attendance shy of 3K at 2607. Altogether, the fighters were paid $168,000. Arnie Armstrong won KO of the night, Stephan Walter submitted his opponent into sub of the night, while Tony Ramos vs Eddy Edwards won fight of the night. Now, let’s get to a review of the main event.

265+ Title: Arnie Armstrong def Qasim Barakat via TKO (Punches) at 2:36 of Round 2

It was the clinch game that made the difference in this fight. It was the clinch game that helped Arnie Armstrong defeat Qasim Barakat and take the Super Heavyweight title for himself. The fight started up with action right away, as the fighters started trading shots from a distance. After about a minute of things, Armstrong brought the fight into the clinch where he was able to dominate things. Armstrong was the one that kept busier throwing headshot after headshot, although he didn’t land quite as many as he probably wanted to. Barakat mixed up throwing shots with trying to escape the clinch. He was more successful at landing strikes than distancing himself, as Armstrong was able to keep him in the clinch, minus one hiccup just before the third minute, and that hiccup turned out to be nothing as Armstrong was able to clinch it back up about 30 seconds after it was broken. The rest of the round stayed up close. Armstrong continued to out strike Barakat, eventually rocking him at the 6th minute with a nice hook to side of his head. Round two was much the same, with the fighters staying on the outside for a minute, this time however Barakat was the one that moved it into the clinch. This time in the clinch, each fighter was able to defend pretty well. Both Armstrong and Barakat had some issues landing shots. Halfway past the second minute however, things changed. Armstrong was able to push Barakt back a bit and landed a huge uppercut. Barakat tried to close the distance back up, but Armstrong was too much for him. He landed some more strikes and the ref was forced tos top he fight, crowning Armstrong the new champion. The fight rating was a 50 percent, some BS to me as I thought this was a pretty good fight where each fighter tried to stay as busy as possible. In the clinch, Armstrong landed 25 of 94 head punches and 10 of 18 body punches while Barakat landed 22 of 61 shots. Armstrong will next defend his title against Dick Army on 6/27 while Barakat still has his fight under offer. I tried to reach each fighter for a comment. Arnie Armstrong answered me. I’m still waiting on Qasim Barakat.

Stremphf: How does it feel to be champion?

Armstrong: It feels great man and I don't plan on giving it away anytime soon. I've dominated every fight in devastating fashion and earned the org trophy 'KO machine'. Remember the name Arnie "Double A" Armstrong because one day I will be the world no.1!

Stremphf: What was the difference in this fight that led you to victory?

Armstrong: Not much was different for my game plan in this fight, I went out there to strike and clinch up. He did better than I thought in the clinch department and at one point even managed to cut me. Blood doesn’t scare me though so I kept grinding it out and eventually everyone falls to the power of these biceps (kisses his guns).

Stremphf: What’s next for Arnie Armstrong?

Armstrong: What’s next for me? Well apparently some tool called Dick Army.

He seems very confident in himself. After this fight, he has no reason not to be.

265+ Ibs: Dick Army def Peter Sutcliffe via TKO (Strikes) at 0:21 of Round 2

The co-main event was dominated by Dick Army, who earned himself a title shot after this victory. The first minute and a half saw each fighter trading shots. Army moved things into the clinch where he was able to start controlling the fight, much like his future opponent in the main event of tonight’s card. The first clinch up actually didn’t go that well for Army, as he was only able to land one elbow before Sutcliffe broke it. However, Army was able to clinch up shortly thereafter where he softened Sutcliffe up with a nice mix up of strikes. Just before the end of the round a hook to the head rocked Sutcliffe and it was pretty much all but over from there. Twenty-one seconds into the second round Army threw a huge right hand that knocked Sutcliffe down. After 10 seconds of Sutcliffe trying to survive, Army threw a crazy uppercut that led to a barrage of strikes that ended this one. The fight had a rating of 57 percent. Sutcliffe was only able to land six strikes in the standup and two in the clinch. The victor landed 20 strikes in the standup, a good mix of them too, and 14 in the clinch. As I mentioned earlier, Dick Army will go headstrong into a fight against newly crowned 265+ champion Arnie Armstrong. Peter Stucliffe will take on Buliwyf Chrsitianson on 6/20.

145 Ibs: Carl Sheppards def George North via TKO (Strikes) at 0:18 of Round 2

Another fight that barely made it past the second round, Carl Sheppards was able to get the better of George North in this one. This was actually a pretty close fight at first. Sheppards was able to out strike North, but just by a little bit. North focused a bit more on his legs by landing majority kicks for his strikes while Sheppards was all about the head punches. Sheppards tried to close the distance throughout the first round. He was successful one time out of eight, but that one time was only for about a second, as North was able to easily get out of it. The first round ended not knowing who the clear winner of it was. If things continued that way, the judges were going to have a difficult time determining who’d be victorious. Thankfully, the judges were not needed. The second round came and went in 18 seconds. After some traded shots, Sheppards rocked north with a nice shot. He then cracked his jaw with a good right and threw North back against the ropes. Sheppards continued the barrage of strikes that eventually dropped North and forced the ref to intervene. This fight received another middling rating at 52 percent, which I again disagree with. As I said before, Carl Sheppards was all about the head punches, connecting on 14 of 28. He also had four body shots to go along with those. George North landed five punches and 17 kicks. They were not enough for him though, as Sheppards got the best of him and will move up the featherweight ladder.

145 Ibs: Tony Ramos def Eddy Edwards via Decisioin (Unanimous)

Both fighters wanted it: a chance at the featherweight title. It was within their grasp, just one victory away. It was Tony Ramos that dominated his way into the shot. He controlled the fight and had his way with Edwards. He was never in danger except with one submission attempt Edwards threw at Ramos from his back in the first round, but Ramos defended it very easily. Whether it was through takedowns or the clinch, Ramos was able to control the fight and keep it where he wanted it, save some referee standups. In the first round, it took about a minute for Ramos to trip Edwards into a takedown. He didn’t do too much on the ground except try to gain position. Edwards obviously battled back and it led to them just switching up positions every now and then. There was a submission attempt by Edwards, as previously said. They remained on the ground until the referee stood them up. The round ended with some standing strikes traded. The second round was all about the clinch. Ramos initiated it just after the first minute and stayed there the rest of the round. The third round was much the same, Ramos clinched up at the beginning and kept it there, dominating and striking his opponent at each opportunity. The fourth and fifth round featured less clinch and more outside striking. Ramos was able to land a takedown and clinch up for a little bit during the last rounds. Ramos easily won every round except the last, where he kind of took it easy. However, one judge still gave that one to him. Overall, Ramos won it 49-46, 49-46, and 50-45. He landed 26 of 57 strikes standing up. He was able to land two of seven takedown attempts and four of 10 clinch attempts. In the clinch Ramos destroyed his opponent. He landed 44 of 76 strikes and was able to trip his opponent one time into a takedown out of three. On the ground he landed two of seven strikes. Eddy Edwards completed 19 of 54 strikes standing up and was unsuccessful in 10 tries for takedowns. In the clinch he was not able to land any strikes that he threw at Ramos. He did not land any strikes or complete any submissions on the ground. With these stats, it is clear that Ramos completely earned this one. This fight won fight of the night honors for these two. Tony Ramos will eventually face the winner of Troll ShitBrickHouse vs Damien Redman for the 145 title. Eddy Edwards fought out his ROV contract. It is unknown whether he’ll be back or not.

205 Ibs: Stephan Walter def Waclav Szbrjcik via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 3:49 of Round 1

The veterans duked it out for close to a round in this one as Walter came away with a nice submission victory. It took just a matter of seconds for Walter to takedown Szbrjcik. After a couple missed strikes by Walter, Szbrjcik was able to reverse things and get on top. He tried a few submissions with none being successful. There were some strikes thrown from Szbrjcik while Walter stayed patient looking for an opportunity to sink in a submission. That moment came at around 3:40 when Szbrjcik relaxed a bit and a window opened up for a triangle choke. After loosely getting one set up, Walter was able to sink it in, forcing Szbrjcik to tap. It was his one and only submission attempt, as one is all that he needed. The fight rating was a 30 percent. Szbrjcik threw two body kicks and landed five of nine strikes from the ground. Walter did not throw a strike in this fight. He landed one takedown and, as I just said, one submission attempt. That submission attempt gave Walter submission of the night honors. Neither fighter has another fight set up. It is unclear what these fighters will decide on whether they come back or call it a career.

I hope you guys enjoyed my review. As always, comment to me on the forums or through a message if you have any questions or concerns or whatever. Until the next article from me, PEACE OUT MOTHERF****RS.

--Donny Stremphf

• Upvote 1

Redemption can be found in hell itself if that's where you happen to be

-- Lin Jensen

ROV 32 is one of the best Ring of Violence cards I’ve ever previewed. Okay fine, I’ve only done two other previews but whatever, this is still a great card! Not only does it feature two title fights, but also all the fighters are exciting guys who match up well. I think we’ll truly see five great fights in this one. This event will take place at Kazan Sambo Center in St. Petersburg. This is a bigger area than we’re used to, but I think a sell out of 7708 strong isn’t out of the question. If you guys are as excited as I am then you’re probably dying to read this preview. But before you do that, go check out the great gear at our merch partner //buriedALIVE// Fight Gear!

145 Ibs Title: Troll ShitBrickHouse (11-0-0) v Damien Redman (10-3-0)

Any message to your opponent?

“Good luck” – Troll ShitBrickHouse

Oh buddy! We got ourselves a dandy for the main event: a Featherweight Title fight between current undefeated champion Troll ShitBrickHouse and former number one contender Damien Redman who has again found himself in the contender seat. Here we go. Troll ShitBrickHouse won his title at ROV 22 against next in line contender Tony Ramos. He then defended his title against Carl Sheppards at ROV 25. Neither of his title fights have gone past the first round, something very important to ShitBrickHouse. In fact, he commented that a victory would only be good for his legacy if he finished his opponent in the first round. ShitBrickHouse is a powerful fighter with excellent Muay Thai skills. Damien Redman is currently on a two-fight win streak. Redman had a shot at the 145 title at ROV 12 but was submitted in the fifth round. Thankfully, he again earned a well-deserved shot at being a champion. The cardio machine defeated Mikhael Tomas and Danny Duim to again fight for the title. His last lost? It happened to be against Troll ShitBrickHouse at ROV 19 via unanimous decision. ShitBrickHouse was able to dominate that fight by controlling Redman and wearing him down by stopping his constant takedown attempts. ShitBrickHouse’s strategy is much the same as his first one. When asked what his strategy is going into this fight he answered with, “Dominate him where he is best. His only chance is a lucky cut but the fight will end before that can happen.” ShitBrickHouse is better on paper, beating Redman in the boxing and wrestling department. Although Damien Redman has not responded to my questions, I do not think that intimidates him. In fact, I’m thinking he’s motivated by being an underdog, especially since ShitBrickHouse dominated him in their last fight. The stakes are way bigger in this one though, and I’m looking forward to seeing it.

170 Ibs Title: Dutch Schultz (6-3-0) v Frank Underwood (4-0-0)

The co-main event treats us with another title fight: This one for the welterweight belt. Dutch Schultz defends his championship against undefeated Frank Underwood. Dutch “Granite Chin” Schultz won his title against Phol Murhaa at ROV 28. This is his first title defense, so we’ll get to see how he fights knowing his belts on the line. To many, a victory would add a lot to the legacy of Dutch Schultz. To Dutch Schultz it would just mean that he “beat another guy”. No matter what anyone thinks though, everyone can agree that Schultz wants a victory. I mean who doesn’t? Schultz wasn’t too specific with his strategy when answering my questions, but look for him to keep a good mix of things going. Undefeated Frank Underwood has spent his whole career in ROV. Mr. Underwood would love to keep himself perfect in this fine organization. The 21 year old has lethal high kicks. Like his opponent, he also has a granite chin. With that, it will probably be hard to find a finish in this fight, although with 10-minute rounds, anything can happen. Underwood is confident in his abilities. He says he wants to keep the fight standing and that he knows he has “the stand up skills to earn (the) belt”. Dutch Schultz probably disagrees. I know paper does: Schultz is better in the boxing department and ties Underwood’s Muay Thai skills. He also has a significant advantage with his purple belt compared to Underwood’s white. Looking at this, Underwood has an uphill battle. It’s a battle that I know he looks forward to fighting. I think everyone else looks forward to seeing it too.

170 Ibs: Daniel Barbosa (5-3-0) v Phol Murhaa (7-1-0)

The welterweights lead into the co-main event in ROV 32. Daniel Barbosa is a **Choke** veteran who recently came over to ROV after the closure of his former org. The excellent boxer dropped his ROV debut against Hannibal Barca at ROV 28. He’ll be looking to regain his form and earn himself a victory in this one. He has a tough challenge ahead of him in former champ Phol Murhaa. After starting out his career undefeated and earning the Ring of Violence welterweight belt at ROV 24, Murhaa wasn’t able to defend that belt against current champion Dutch Schultz, losing at ROV 28. Murhaa will be looking to drop Barbosa to 0-2 in ROV and try and regain his championship belt. When stacking these warriors against each other, the fighters are pretty much even. Murhaa has the slight advantage in the stand up against Barbosa. Barbosa defeats Murhaa on the ground with wrestling and BJJ. Both these guys are considered excellent boxers. Even though Murhaa has a bit of an advantage on paper, these guys are even enough to where Barbosa doesn’t really have to look elsewhere to win this fight. Look for these guys to go out and battle each other standing up. It wouldn’t be a shocker if Barbosa maybe tried another way to win this fight just to shake things up. I can’t wait to see!

265+ Ibs: Bobby Turner (6-2-0) v David Suroki (5-1-0)

The giants come out in this fight as we have a super heavyweight bout here between ROV Bobby Turner and Ring of Violence newcomer David Suroki. Excellent boxer Bobby Turner is currently on a two fight win streak after losing to former champion Peter Sutcliffe at ROV 20. The Black Beast will come out swinging in this one as all his victories have come by (T)KO. He’ll be looking to ruin the ROV debut of David Suroki. The Soul Supremacy Fight Club veteran is currently on a five fight win streak after dropping his pro debut and being dropped by his former manager. A new manager has given new life to a fighter left in the dust. He was not able to capture the elusive title at his former organization. A win here will push him closer in the direction of earning the chance to wear his first title belt. These guys are even with their wonderful boxing skills. Suroki is the better Muay Thai and BJJ fighter, while Turner defeats him in the wrestling category. Suroki will probably try and keep this fight standing. In all six of his fights, he has not spent much time on the ground voluntarily. Turner is one who can mix it up. Look for him to use his superior wrestling skills to take Suroki down and finish him from the top.

170 Ibs: Hannibal Barca (5-1-0) v Costea Dinescu (6-2-0)

The welterweights get things started for the main card in a match of two solid fighters. Hannibal Barca is a cardio machine with excellent Muay Thai skills. He’s on a five-fight win streak. In fact, he’s had more managers than losses, currently on his third manager. That hasn’t fazed him on bit though, as he seems to win no matter what. Barca is 2-0 in ROV and will be looking to keep the winning ways going. Excellent boxer Costea Dinescu has a three fight win streak going on. His last loss came against fellow card member Phol Murhaa at ROV 15. A win for either one of these fighters would push them in the right direction to an elusive title shot. These guys will have to duke it out first though to see who takes a step forward and back. Barca is one that likes to bring the fight close up and battle in the clinch. His Muay Thai skills dominate Dinescu in that aspect. However, it may be difficult for him to gain ocontrol in the clinch if he decides to bring it that way as Dinescu beats him in wrestling. Dinescu is the better boxer also while Barca has a better BJJ belt. I think Dinescu has the advantage here, as even though Barca has better BJJ skills, he doesn’t spend much time on the ground and isn’t used to fighting there. Look for Dinescu to keep his distance and dominate from the standup. He’ll still have to watch out for the Muay Thai skills of Barca. Look for Dinescu to either try to bring things close up or to end this fight with a monster head kick.

Again, don’t be hesitant to comment and give predictions! I’d love nothing more than to stir up some conversation before fight time. Also, if you think my writing or evaluating skills suck, let me know! I’m always looking for feedback. Until next time boys and girls, take it easy!

-- Donny Stremphf

• Upvote 1

http://www.draculinobjjtraining.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Draculino-and-Frankie-Edgar.png

Micheal "Doom" Alvarez (6-3)

I've heard Roberto Silva has a strong guard game, so here I am trying to work on passing it and inflicting damage :) The training is going extremely well, and with this training rate, I think I will soon be able to fight for the ROV Featherweight Championship.

• Upvote 1

jolon, underwood vs schultz was a hell of a fight, congrats on winning... that was a tense pbp, every time that went into the clinch i shat myself...

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14121649329211.jpg

"The Silent Assassin" Damien Redman (258829)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/2015032204355020141111010848Belt.png

It was a long way to the top but i finally have what has alluded me for so long. First chance i had, i dominated for 4 rounds before i got sloppy and got caught. Second time, i had all but sealed a title shot but took a short notice fight against the person that would become the champ and lost.

Since then, i have sliced up everyone who stood in my way to get to the top and found myself against Troll, who beat me before.

No rest though, as now i face Tony Ramos. Ramos, you have been making a lot of noise about wanting to fight me. You best be careful what you wish for, because my elbows have a date with your face. And you will just be another victim.

• Upvote 2

ROV 32 Review

If the word quit is part of your vocabulary, then the word finish is likely not.

- B.G. Jett

Two title fights baby. What promised to be a great card delivered. A sold out arena of 7708 got to watch this dandy. Along with the two title matches there was a slew of other great fights that turned out to be very entertaining. The event had a rating of 202.77. KO of the night went to Bobby Turner, submission of the night went to Jonas Diaz, and Fight of the night went to Dutch Schultz vs Frank Underwood. Jonas Diaz was on the preliminary card; since I don’t review those ones, make sure to check out his fight to see how he sank that submission in. Four of the main card fights turned out to be pretty long so if you don’t feel like going through all of those (which would be a travesty since they were all so good) then utilize these Stremphfy reviews that I have written here!

145 Ibs Title: Damien Redman def Troll ShitBrickHouse via TKO (Cut) at 7:24 of Round 4

His only chance is a lucky cut, but the fight will end before that can happen

- Troll ShitBrickHouse

Ouch, those are some bad words to eat. He called it though. ShitBrickHouse was confident that he was going to win this one and retain his belt, but knew he was prone to cutting, which could potentially end the fight, which it did. The cut came at about 20 seconds of the first round. Redman clinched up, elbowed ShitBrickHouse, and gave him a nasty cut that would eventually lead to Redman becoming champion. The first round was by far the closest. The fight stayed in and out of the clinch until about 6:30 of the round when ShitBrickHouse tripped Redman to the mat. In the clinch Redman continued going for ShitBrickHouse’s cut among other strikes. ShitBrickHouse did a good job not getting dominated; he was able to show some control in the clinch. On the ground, ShitBrickHouse was keen to control. He threw some shots but missed a lot and ended up just trying to hold Redman down. The referee stood them up just before the eighth minute. ShitBrickHouse wasted no time taking Redman down again. Again there was some stalling until the referee stood them up. The round ended with some shots traded but nothing really significant happening. The commentator gave the round to Redman. If I had to choose I’d give it to Redman too. The second round featured a lot of in and out of the clinch. ShitBrickHouse wasn’t able to stop them all, but he did defend a lot of Redman trying to clinch up. Out of the clinch ShitBrickHouse dominated, mixing up defending clinch attempts and landing strikes. But even in the clinch it seemed like Redman was just trying to throw everything but wasn’t able to land much while ShitBrickHouse did a good job of controlling, defending, and landing well chosen strikes. ShitBrickHouse then landed a takedown toward the end of the round where he did a little more laying and controlling. He clearly won the round. The third round again featured more clinching. Redman was able to better show his clinching skills. Not only was he more successful at getting into the clinch, but also he did a good job of staying in the clinch and actually landing successful strikes, including ones that opened up ShitBrickHouse’s cut even more. He dominated that round. In the fourth round, which turned out to be the final, Redman again did well in the clinch. It was a right hand to the head at the sixth minute that really messed ShitBrickHouse’s cut up even more. The ref called the doctor in at 7:24 of the round. The doctor said that ShitBrickHouse couldn’t continue. It was all over from there. Redman became the new champion. In the end ShitBrickHouse landed eight of 41 strikes standing up. He was one of four for takedown attempts. In the clinch he landed two of two head punches, 18 of 33 body punches, 13 of 44 elbows and landed two of 11 takedowns. On the ground he landed zero strikes. Redman landed 10 of 10 head punches standing up and successfully clinched up 17 out of 76 attempts. In the clinch he landed 10 of 30 head punches, three of 16 body punches, and 29 of 109 elbows. He didn’t do anything really on the ground. The rating had a 38 percent, which I thought was low but I don’t make up the criteria. I spoke with Redman after the fight and asked him some questions. ShitBrickHouse hasn’t responed to me yet, but if he does I’ll post them in the review. Here’s Redman:

Stremphf: Does this feel any less thrilling since you won because of ShitBrickHouse's cut?

Redman: It doesn't feel less thrilling because cutting my opponent up is my specialty.

Stremphf: In the end, you did win the belt, and that takes a true champion no matter what. How confident are you going forward that you'll have this belt for a long time?

Redman: Ramos has been calling me out for a long time so he should be careful what he wishes for because now it's time to scratch up his pretty little face. (This fight takes place on 6/27)

It looks like he’s taking it one fighter at a time, a smart move for someone that wants to be champion for a long time.

170 Ibs Title: Dutch Schultz def Frank Underwood via TKO (Knee) at 3:53 of Round 4

Dutch Schultz was able to successfully defend his title in our co-main event of the night. The first round, like the main event, was pretty close. Also like the main event, this round, along with the rest of the fight, featured a lot of clinching. Things started out with some strikes being traded before Schultz closed the distance just past the first minute. Schultz got the better of the exchange at first, but Underwood was able to get his head on his shoulders and land his own shots. There was a lot of back and forth in and out of the clinch. But no matter what, things remained pretty even. Underwood probably got the better of the exchanges in the first round. He gave Schultz a nice cut just past the fifth minute. Thankfully, this cut didn’t require the attention of a fight-ending doctor. The round was close. The commentator gave it Underwood. Round two was much the same as round one, but Schultz was able to out perform his opponent. He scored the most points when he rocked Underwood while in the clinch just past the sixth minute. This came after Schultz landed a nice right hand. The third round featured less clinching which gave the way for Underwood to out strike his opponent, including plenty of painful leg kicks. Underwood easily took this round. The fourth round was where Schultz ended things, keeping this one out of the judges’ hand. While in the clinch during the third minute, Schultz landed a devastating knee after jerking Underwood’s head down. Underwood fell to the ground and remained motionless and out of it. Schultz was able to retain his welterweight bout with a devastating knockout. The fight rating was a well-deserved 89 percent, which earned these guys fight of the night bonuses. Schultz landed 40 of 105 shots standing up. He was 13 of 37 for clinches. In the clinch he landed 78 of 114 head punches and 30 of 63 body punches. He landed one knee, which is all he needed. Underwood landed 35 of 106 punches and 31 of 50 kicks. He clinched up four times out of five. In the clinch he landed 43 of 135 strikes. This fight featured nothing on the ground. I was able to interview both fighters after the fight. Here’s what they had to say:

Interview with Underwood

Stremphf: What went wrong in this fight?

Underwood: Well, despite it being a good war, I was a little disappointed in myself. My punching in and out of the clinch wasn't accurate enough. I was headhunting too much against a guy a lot taller than me; I came in with a flawed game plan. In hindsight I should have thrown more leg kicks and punches to the body and wear him down before I go for the head. Looking back at the tape I entered the clinch too often as well, where he was more clinical, in the heat of the moment I didn't think these things through. Live n’ learn.

Stremphf: Not only did you come up short obtaining the title, but you also suffered your first career loss. How are feeling right now?

Underwood: Yep, first career loss is a bitter pill to swallow especially when it’s for the title but don't worry folks Franky Underwood will be back better than ever.

Underwood will next face Hannibal Barca on 6/27.

Interview with Schultz:

Stremphf: Winning the belt was one thing, but defending it is another. How are you feeling right now?

Schultz: Like I beat another guy? Underwood put up a good fight, in all fairness, but he wasn't prepared cardio wise for the lengthy fights that come in the title picture.

Stremphf: How confident are you that you'll continue to successfully defend your belt?

Schultz: Well, considering I've now officially knocked out three of the division's best, undefeated fighters? I'll leave your imagination to answer that one.

To him it’s just beating people up and knocking them out, a basic strategy that has made him a champion. Schultz’s next fight is under offer.

170 Ibs: Phol Murhaa def Daniel Barbosa via Decision (Unanimous)

Phol Murhaa put a whoopin’ down on Daniel Barbosa. He dominated every round but the last, where he was playing it safe for a decision victory, to let ROV know that he wants his welterweight title belt back. He was able to out strike his opponent and keep things standing up, defending 8 takedown attempts successfully. Barbosa was only able to land takedowns in Murhaa’s phoned in last round. I feel that Murhaa would have been able to KO Barbosa if Barbosa wasn’t such a tough M effer. On paper, Murhaa landed 33 of 49 head punches, 24 of 45 body punches, four of 16 punch combos, one head kick, 22 of 28 leg kicks, and 12 of 24 body kicks. Barbosa landed 13 of 81 head punches, three of 37 body punches, one of 16 punch combos, and one kick out of 13. As I said before, he was successful on two takedowns out of 10, the two only coming in the last round. On the ground he tried to end things with nine of 14 ground strikes, but obviously wasn’t successful. The fight rating was a respectable 72 percent. Both fighters have fights under offer.

265+ Ibs: Bobby Turner def David Suroki via TKO (Strikes) at 4:40 of Round 2

The only fight on the main card to feature the big boys ended with a nice TKO victory by Bobby Turner. He really utilized the counter game to defeat Suroki. There were multiple times in the first round where Turner countered Suroki with a nice strike that really put Suroki on his heels. Turner would have dominated the round had Suroki not landed a beautiful head kick just before the fourth minute. The kick knocked Turner down and had him rocked. Suroki threw a number of shots to try and finish Turner off, but Turner was able to recover toward the end of the round and even finished things off with a nice counter right hand that landed on the jaw of Suroki. The second round featured much of the same of the first round sans Turner getting knocked down and rocked. He showed that he was the better boxer and really outdid his opponent. He countered Suroki after a missed uppercut at 1:45 in the round that knocked him down to the mat. He was rocked pretty well as Turner jumped on top of him to finish him off. Turner was unable to land much and the referee eventually stood them up when they got tangled up in the ropes. Suroki never fully recovered. In the fourth minute Turner dropped Suroki with a big left hand. This time when Turner jumped in he was ale to finish things off. The ref called it at 4:40. In the end, Turner was 27 of 30 with his head punches along with six of 14 for the body punches. Suroki was 11 o f 32 with head punches and eight of 23 with body punches. He landed 2 of 11 kicks. The fight rating was a respectable 67 percent, although I thought it should have been higher. This TKO victory gave Turner KO of the night honors. Turner doesn’t have a fight set up yet. Suroki has one under offer.

170 Ibs: Hannibal Barca def Costea Dinescu via Decision (Unanimous)

Hannibal Barca was able to hold off Costea Dinescu for a decision victory in the start to the main card. Dinescu was able to land a takedown at the beginning of the round that scored him some major points. Dinescu kept busy on the ground, although he missed a majority of his strikes. He had one submission attempt just before the second minute that Barca was able to defend with no problems. After some controlling by Dinescu, the ref stood the fighters up, as he didn’t think enough was going on. Once the fighters were stood up, Barca was able to strike well. He got the better of the shots including a nice crack to the jaw of Dinescu. The judges gave this round to Dinescu, but Barca really showed an emergence toward the end of the round that didn’t go away until the last. Barca was able to dominate the second and third rounds by defending the takedown attempts of Dinescu. With this, he was able to keep the fight standing and really wear Dinescu down with leg kicks. Dinescu was able to land a takedown in the middle of the third round, but Barca reversed and got on top. He defended Dinescu’s submission attemps well. Although it was considered a close round, the third was given to Barca, as was the second. The fourth was much like the second, where Barca defended the takedown and kept the fight where he wanted it to be. The last round was controlled well by Dinescu. He clinched things up and then eventually took Barca down. He tried with a submission attempt to finish things off but he wasn’t able to. The fight ended and the judges gave it Hannibal Barca, all scoring it 48:47. Barca was 28 of 44 punches and 42 of 75 kicks. Dinescu was 27 of 69 punches and 11 of 22 kicks. He was three of 18 takedowns and two of five clinches. He failed on all four of his submission attempts. As was previously mentioned, Barca will face Frank Underwood on 6/27. Dinescu has a fight under offer.

As usual, don’t be afraid to comment or ask questions. An opinion on my writing is welcomed and encouraged. See you all next time!

• Upvote 2

ROV 33 Preview

Experience is the teacher of all things

- Julius Caesar

The Kazan Smabo Center is going to be a party on June 13th as ROV 33 comes to town! The main event features a slew of veteran fighters, all but one are 28 or older. With that, we’ll be getting a lot of fights that won’t feature annoying rookie mistakes. That makes me happy! The Light Heavyweight belt is on the line in our main event here in St. Petersburg. We also have a light heavyweight title eliminator for our co-main event. Should be a good card, so get on down here and see it!

205 Ibs Title: Vit Tu (35-21-0) v Red Belt (22-20-0)

The fight for the 205 Ibs title is on the line in our main event with these two highly experienced veterans. Thirty-six year old current champion Vit Tu won the 205 Ibs title through the ROV Light Heavyweight Title, defeating George Steele at ROV 30. The world-class boxer is on a four-fight win streak and is undefeated in the Ring of Violence organization. Thirty-one year old Red Belt is coming off a submission of the night victory against Petr Vondrachek at ROV 30. This win snapped a two fight-losing streak Belt had. The black belt is 1-2 in ROV and will be looking to not only even his record up, but also become the next Light Heavyweight champion! When stacking these fighters up, Belt looks like the better one. Tu has slightly better boxing, but Belt beats him in everything else. I would say look for Belt to take Tu down and try and sink in a nice submission victory, whether it’s from on top or his back. Vit Tu will probably want to keep this fight standing and score one of his signature (T)KO victories to retain his title belt. Note: I contacted both fighters for an interview but neither has gotten back to me. If they do I will include their responses in this preview.

205 Ibs: George Steele (23-22-0) v Kimo Ovaska (19-11-0)

Who’s going to get the next Light Heavyweight title shot? We’re going to find out in the co-main event of ROV 33! George Steele had his shot in the finals of the ROV Light Heavyweight tourney, however, he came up short against current champion and maybe future opponent Vit Tu. That loss dropped him to 2-1 in ROV, losing both his undefeated record in Ring of Violence and the sweetness of wearing a title belt. The thirty-eight year old excellent boxer would love another shot at obtaining a title belt. He tasted the glory before entering Ring of Violence. Kimo Ovaska is 1-1 in ROV, recently coming off a unanimous decision loss to Method Man at ROV 30. The 26 year old has also been a champion before and would no doubt love to be able to wear a gold belt around his waist again. On paper, these guys are pretty even, with Ovaska having the slight advantage in the standup with Steele having the slight advantage in wrestling. Steele is a bit better in the BJJ department, trumping Ovaska’s brown belt with his red belt. It is probably obvious where each fighter wants the fight to be, Steele looking for a ground fight while Ovaska wants to stand and trade strikes. I say it will either be Steele sinking in one of his signature submissions or Ovaska scoring a (T)KO victory. Either way it’s going to be exciting!

205 Ibs: Juan Tamad (23-19-1) v Abed Nadir (19-17-1)

The middle of the main event is taken up by two veteran light heavyweight fighters in this matchup. GAMMA veteran Juan Tamad lost seven fights in a row before finally earning a victory and snapping his losing streak in his Ring of Violence debut at ROV 29. The world class Muay Thaist (is that a word?) is looking to keep his winning streak going Hell, who knows? If he continues to win maybe he’ll get his first ever title shot that has been eluding him his whole career. Abed Nadir lost in the second round the ROV Light Heavyweight tournament at ROV 27 to current champion Vit Tu. He bounced back with a win at ROV 30 to bring his Ring of Violence record to 2-1. The 33 year old loves to put people on their back and beat them up, look for something similar in this fight. These guys are extremely even. Tamad has just a tad advantage boxing wise, but other than that these guys line up really well. It should be a great fight.

145 Ibs: Michael Alvarez (6-3-0) v Roberto Silva (8-3-0)

The main event features the light guys once on this card; it comes here with a featherweight matchup between Michael Alvarez and Roberto Silva. Alvarez has fought his whole career in Ring of Violence. His last fight was a TKO victory at ROV 29 against Vuyisile Colossa. Alvarez is a cardio machine who can keep up with anyone in any fight. He’s on a two-fight win streak currently and would love to keep that going. Silva has also spent a good amount of time in Ring of Violence. The counter fighter was on a two-fight win streak before he had it snapped at ROV 30 with a unanimous decision loss. Some might say Roberto Silva is outmatched in this one. Michael Alvarez has a significant advantage standing up and a slight advantage wresting. Silva has all the advantage in BJJ. Silva is going to have to get this one to the ground, whether it’s on top or from his back, to score a submission victory. Look for Alvarez to keep his distance so as not to get put in a situation that would hinder his ability to win.

205 Ibs: Matt Youngblood (28-18-0) v Sioux Sie (16-15-0)

The main event gets started with a light heavyweight bout between Matt Youngblood and Sioux Sie. Youngblood is a 34-year-old former champion from other orgs who is 1-1 in ROV. His last fight was a TKO loss at ROV 29. The insanely flexible Youngblood still has gas in the tank and will be looking to earn himself a victory and get back on the winning ways. Sioux Sie is a 33-year-old veteran who is on a two fight win streak. The excellent boxer is fighting for the first time in ROV at this event. He’ll be looking to start his Ring of Violence career on a good note with a victory in this one. Standing up, these guys are even. On the ground, Sie has a slight advantage with wresting and a decent advantage in BJJ. Look for Sie to use those skills to his advantage and score himself a nice submission victory. Youngblood will most likely want to keep his distance in this one and score a nice (T)KO victory.

As usual don’t be afraid to comment, ask questions, and critique.

• Upvote 1

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4685618.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Frankie-Edgar_2-Credit-Josh-Hedges_Zuffa.jpg

Micheal Alvarez (7-3)

Building myself up in decisive fashion! Head kick KO with 2 seconds left in the round! I want to thank my family, my coaches and my fans for the support - there is more coming up guys, I promise!

• Upvote 1

ROV 33 Review

Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things

- Peter F. Drucker

I love it when I view all the fights and see that there were a lot of finishes, especially if they were finished in the first round. Do you know why I love first round finishes? No not because I think they are more exciting or because the might make for better fight ratings. No, it’s because of one thing: I am lazy as hell and love to write reviews for shorter fights, they are a lot easier. HAHA what’s up fans and fanatics of Ring of Violence. The Stremphf coming at you with another review, this one of ROV 33. This event was seen by a sold out crowd of 7708 in Kazan Sambo Center in St. Petersburg. The event rating was a 217.93. Vit Tu won KO of the night, Sioux Sie won sub of the night, and Bostar Tyraanicao vs Koichi Kamei won fight of the night. Make sure to check that one out, as it was not on the main card, so it doesn’t get reviewed. Let’s get too it!!!

205 Ibs Title: Vit Tu def Red Belt via KO (Strikes) at 7:30 of Round 1

Vit Tu was able to make his first of what he probably hopes is many title defenses in the main event of ROV 33. This fight literally spent its entirety on the ground as both fighters were looking to submit their way to a victory. Tu was the first one to strike points as he countered Belt into a successful takedown basically after the ref said, “FIGHT”! Just after being taken down, Belt tried for a triangle but was unsuccessful. After some moving around a bit, Belt tried for another submission but had no luck. Tu then tried his first submission attempt of the night but failed in that. The first minute ended with Tu on top missing a huge punch. Belt then tried another submission attempt to no avail just after the passing of the first minute. Things continued on this way with Tu on top trying to gain position with each fighter trying submission attempts, Belt more than Tu. Belt was eventually able to land a sweep just past the fourth minute allowing him to try and control from the top. Things pretty much stayed the same with traded submission attempts and some shots landed between the fighters. Just before the sixth minute Tu was able to reverse and get on top to Belt’s guard. Tu was able to eventually get into mount and land some nice shots. He connected with a massive one from the dominant position and rocked Belt. Tu continued unloading bombs until just past the seventh minute, when he landed one that Belt could not come back from, ending the fight in a vicious knockout from the ground. Tu was eight of 16 from the ground with strikes and totaled five submission attempts. Belt was six of 11 with ground strikes and tried 12 submissions. The fight received a 23 percent, although I felt there was enough action to raise that rating. Vit Tu received KO of the night honors for his knockout of his opponent. He will face Kimo Ovaska for the belt on the 4th of July while Red Belt still has a fight under offer.

205 Ibs: Kimo Ovaska def George Steele via TKO (Strikes) at 0:26 of Round 1

George steel was unable to secure the rematch with current champion Vit Tu that we all know he wanted so badly in the 205 Ibs title eliminator. In fact, he didn’t really come close. It took Kimo Ovaska only three punches to end this one. Steele tried a takedown attempt form the start, but Ovaska countered with a punch that ended up cutting Steele. After stopping another takedown, Ovaska hit with a single shot that hit Steele pretty well. Another failed takedown attempt led to Steele getting clipped and Ovaska mounting him and dropping bombs, forcing the ref to end this one after just 26 seconds. Steele didn’t land any strikes while, as mentioned, Ovaska landed three. This fight received a well-deserved 100 percent rating. Ovaska will next take on the champion Vit Tu for the Light Heavyweight championship. George Steele will be looking to break a two fight-losing streak against Juan Tamad on June 27.

205 Ibs: Abed Nadir def Juan Tamad via Decision (Unanimous)

It was all about the win for each fighter. They didn’t care about fighting a pretty fight and putting on a show for the fans, they just wanted to grind out a win. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with fighting to get your hand raised at the end. I mean, that is the point of fighting MMA. In the end, it was Abed Nadir whose hand was triumphantly raised for all to see. The first round was won by Juan Tamad. He was able to break a clinch that Nadir put him in and score a takedown halfway through the second minute. He kept himself decently busy on the ground in order to take the points. Nadir scored a takedown to begin the second round. He tried but wasn’t able to do much and was eventually stood up by the referee. Tamad shortly after landed his own takedown, only to be reversed just before the second minute with Nadir getting on top. He tried a submission attempt before the fourth minute but wasn’t able to lock it in. The round ended with him controlling on top and taking the round on all the scorecards. Nadir landed a quick takedown in the third round and tried another submission after loosening up his opponent with strikes. Tamad eventually reversed the position but was unable to take advantage of the situation. The referee stood them up and the round ended with some dancing and moving around. Nadir took the points in that round. The fourth round began with some shots traded. Nadir moved things into the clinch and then cut Tamad. Before the second minute, he took Tamad down and tired to control. Tamad was eventually able to reverse the position only to have Nadir reverse it back after some controlling of the position. Nadir ended the round with him on top and taking the round. The last round featured some clinching and controlling from Nadir and then eventually landing a takedown toward the end. He didn’t do too much and the referee stood them up. Tamad tried to get in some last second shots for a KO, but was unsuccessful. The judges gave the fight to Nadir 49-46. Tamad landed 12 of 26 strikes standing up and was two out of four for takedowns. Nadir was 17 of 33 for standup shots and three of 11 for takedowns. On the ground Tamad was three of 15 for strikes while Nadir was 13 of 47. The fight received a rating of 45 percent. Tamad will face George Steele next while Nadir does not have anything set up or under offer.

145 Ibs: Micheal Alvarez def Roberto Silva via KO (Head Kick) at 4:58 of Round 1

It was a battle of styles in this one as Micheal Alvarez’s stand up/takedown defense defeated Roberto Silva’s attempt at a ground game. From the first and only bell, Silva did not try anything but takedown attempts. Alvarez’s defense was top notch however. He countered his opponent a decent amount of times, including just after the first minute that knocked down and rocked Silva. It was a beautiful head kick that erased the doubt of every fan in attendance of who was going to win this fight. Silva continued to try takedowns but he had no luck. Alvarez again knocked him down just past the third minute and cut just there after. Eventually, Alvarez landed a nice quick head kick that KOed his opponent, forcing the ref to call this one just before the end of the round. The winner was four of seven for head punches and five of six for head kicks. He was five of seven for other types of kicks. The defeated did not do anything but try and bring this fight to the ground. He was zero of 11 on takedown attempts. This fight received a rating of 38 percent. Micheal Alvarez is in the process of getting his next fight set up. Roberto Silva signed with another organization proceeding this fight.

205 Ibs: Sioux Sie def Matt Youngblood via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 1:57 of Round 1

Submission of the night winner Sioux Sie did three things in this fight: He cracked Youngblood with a nice right hand, broke the clinch that Youngblood forced him into, and then he submitted Youngblood with a nice triangle from his back. That’s it; those are the three moves he made, three moves that made him a victor in this one. All of this done in under two minutes, pretty impressive my man, pretty impressive. There isn’t too much else to say about this one. Youngblood was zero for one in all stand up strikes, one for two in clinches and one for two in takedowns. He didn’t do anything in the clinch and missed on one ground strike in this fight. All in all a quick and impressive win for Sioux Sie. The fight received a rating of 81 percent. Sioux Sie has a fight under offer while Matt Youngblood is still waiting for his next fight to be set up.

• Upvote 1

ROV 34 Preview

The minute you begin to have doubts, the floor under your feet starts to shake

- Kobo Abe

No title fights you say? No worries, as we still have a great exciting card for you fans and fanatics of Ring of Violence. This nine-fight card will take place in usual St. Petersburg at the 3000 capacity arena of Hard Knocks. This event is in part brought to you by our merch partner //buriedALIVE// Fight Gear. Make sure to check hem out and buy some product before reading this preview!

145 Ibs: Miles Davis (4-4-0) v Carl Sheppards (13-6-0)

The main event of ROV 34 will be a battle between featherweights Miles Davis and Carl Sheppards. Davis is sitting at a .500 record looking to score a win for the better column and avoid dropping to a losing record. If history tells right, then Davis will lose this fight as he has never won two fights in a row and is coming off a submission victory at ROV 30. Davis has fought his whole career in the Ring of Violence organization, starting here at ROV 7. The ROV veteran will be looking to win and be on a winning streak for the first time in his career in this one. Carl Sheppards will be looking to drop Davis’ record below .500. The solid boxer is on a winning streak himself, defeating George North at ROV 31 via TKO. A win here would propel him into the right direction for another shot at the 145 Ibs title. Sheppards is 3-1 in the Ring of Violence organization. When stacking these fighters up, both are even in the boxing department, while their Muay Thai is not much the factor, although Davis has the advantage. Sheppards has the upper hand in wrestling while Davis is better in BJJ. These guys are going to fight to their strengths in this one (ya no duh Donny). Sheppards may look to bring this one to the ground, as long as he’s on top, to out wrestle his opponent, while Davis may also want to bring this one to the mat, either on the top position or from his back, in order to score a submission victory.

205 Ibs: Method Man (18-7-0) v Kyriakos Seikkeris (16-8-1)

The light heavyweights enter the ring for the co-main event in hopes for an exciting match. Method Man had his Ring of Violence debut at ROV 30. He won via unanimous decision. The world-class boxer will be looking to keep his record unblemished as he takes on Kyriakos Seikkeris. With the skill set of Method Man, a victory here would be extremely beneficial moving toward a shot at the 205 Ibs belt. The same can be said for Kyriakos Seikkeris, who is making his Ring of Violence debut in this fight. The great wrestler does not want to drop a debut in a new organization, something he has never done before. These guys are really even on paper, with a small boxing advantage coming for Man and a slight wrestling advantage for Seikkeris. With that, I think this will be a really exciting fight, especially with the skill set of these two. Look for these guys to try and score a (T)KO, as each of these guys has won a majority of their fights with that method.

265+ Ibs: Jax Briggs (4-2-0) v Guido Gloom (10-2-0)

This super heavyweight battle features two young 21 year olds who have a bright future ahead of them. One of them will be realizing that quicker with a win in this fight. Jax Briggs started his career out 3-0 but has stumbled to a 4-2 record suffering a loss in his last fight. He is making his debut in the Ring of Violence organization in this fight, looking to get back to the winning ways. Guido Gloom also started his career out undefeated, but has dropped two straight, including losing his title to Peter Sutcliffe at ROV 24. Before that he successfully defended his title three times. The cardio machine now has a new manager and will be looking to start things fresh and get back to winning so he can gain another shot at his former title. The advantage on paper goes to the more experienced Guido Gloom in this one. Gloom trumps Briggs in Muay Thai and BJJ. They are even in wrestling while Briggs has a slight advantage in boxing. Look for Briggs to keep this one standing up and with a distance while Gloom tries to land a signature submission for a victory in this fight.

265+ Ibs: Buliwyf Christianson (3-1-0) v Peter Sutcliffe (5-2-0)

The first super heavyweight bout of the main card features young fighter Buliwyf Christianson and former ROV champion Peter Sutcliffe. Christianson started his career out 3-0 and then suffered a loss in his ROV debut via cut to Cyrus Kendall. With zero wins in his ROV win column, Christianson will be hoping to even that up and put his opponent on a three fight losing streak. Sutcliffe, after winning the 265+ Ibs belt, has lost two in a row. The former champ is down right now, but he’ll be hoping to drop Christianson to 0-2 in ROV and get back on the horse and ride to the top. Putting these fighters next to each other, Sutcliffe has an okay boxing advantage while Christianson has a decent Muay Thai advantage, with them being pretty even on the ground. Look for Sutcliffe to keep his distance while Christianson tries to bring this one nose to nose in the clinch.

145 Ibs: Rapen Murder (8-4-0) v Mikhael Tomas (6-5-0)

The main card gets started with two struggling featherweights who are trying to kick start their careers back into contention. Rapen Murder had a fight five winning streak to start his career, but has since gone 3-4, the last seven fights being in the Ring of Violence organization. He’ll be looking to get a win streak going by beating his opponent in the main event opener. Mikhael Tomas had a similar start to his career as Murder. He started out 4-0 before going 2-5 in his next seven fights. He is currently on a three fight-losing streak and could be in danger of being cut from ROV if he continues going in this direction. Murder will try and keep this one standing at all costs, as he has a major advantage in boxing. Tomas has the advantage in Muay Thai and wrestling while they even out in BJJ. Tomas will want to bring this one to the mat, as his useless boxing isn’t going to compete with Rapen Murder.

• Upvote 1

Tony Ramos... Where are you...?

Nerves got your tongue? Made a lot of noise about wanting to fight me, but now too scared?

Too busy looking in the mirror and valuing your pretty face while you still have a "pretty" face?

• Upvote 1

Tony Ramos... Where are you...?

Nerves got your tongue? Made a lot of noise about wanting to fight me, but now too scared?

Too busy looking in the mirror and valuing your pretty face while you still have a "pretty" face?

I'm looking forward to this fight :-), that whole event should be a good one.

ROV 34 Review

A little man often cast a long shadow

-- G.M. Trevelyan

Boom boom kaboom mother***ers!!!! Nine fights only? No problems! That just means that these guys had to fight with even more energy and aggressiveness. I can say that I was wholly satisfied! The event rating was a 156.13. The attendance was 2433 of 3000. KO of the night went to Silas Monk. Rapen Murder had the submission of the night while Buliwyf Christianson and Peter Sutcliffe put on the fight of the night. Before reading this review, make sure to check out our merchandise partner: //buriedALIVE// Fight Gear!

145 Ibs: Carl Sheppards def Miles Davis via KO (Punch) at 1:09 of Round 1

Carl Sheppards made quick work of Miles Davis in the main event. It took him just over a minute as he cut and (just barely) out struck his opponent to a knockout victory. Sheppards connected with two jabs right from the start, the second one cutting his opponent. Shots were traded throughout the first minute as Davis gave Carl Sheppards a cut of his own. Davis then missed a double jab which allowed Sheppards to counter punch Davis right on the chin which rocked the hell out of him. Sheppards then landed a cross, which threw Davis backwards to the ropes. Sheppards ran in and landed a leaping land hook to put Davis out. Sheppards landed five of seven shots while Davis landed four of 11. The fight rating drew a solid 83 percent. Carl Sheppards does not have anything set up for his next fight. Miles Davis fought out his ROV contract after this one.

205 Ibs: Method Man def Kyriakos Seikkeris via TKO (Strikes) at 2:06 of Round 3

The fans were treated to a one way beating for this fight. The co-main event saw Method Man completely dominate Kyriakos Seikkeris. The defeated spent a lot of time trying to clinch Method Man in this one and he was successful every now and then, but it was Man who kept things distant and was able to completely out strike his opponent. Man landed shots right from the beginning, giving Seikkeris a cut before the 20-second mark. For the rest of the round, things went back and forth in and out of the clinch. No matter where the fight was though, Man was able to land more strikes and dominate the round. Man kept his distance within the first minute and a half in the second round. He scored with some nice shots to control the round. For a minute and a half or so, things again went between being in and out of the clinch. Man was able to break it off and keep his distance for the rest of the round. He knocked Seikkeris down toward the end of the second that really threw Seikkeris off his game. Method Man again dominated the third round. He continued to keep his defense up and not let Seikkeris get in the clinch or really control things at all. At the second minute Method Man dropped Seikkeris with a huge uppercut. He then got on top of his opponent and started laying bombs, forcing the ref to cut in and end things. The fight rating was an okay 59 percent. Man completely out struck his opponent. Standing up he was 42 of 66. In the clinch he was 7 of 10 striking. Seikkeris was six of 16 standing up. He was seven of 42 clinching. In the clinch he was six of 23. Method Man has a fight under offer while Kyriakos Seikkeris does not have anything being worked out yet.

265+: Jax Briggs def Guido Gloom via TKO (strikes) at 4:29 of Round 1

Another fight featured a dominating one-way showcase for the winner. Jax Briggs defeated Guido Gloom, really showing his skills in this one. Brigs and Gloom traded some shots to start things out, with Briggs actually receiving a cut after Gloom landed a head kick. Things stayed even, with both fighters showing some decent defense until Briggs dropped Gloom just after the first minute. Briggs jumped on top of Gloom to try and finish things off, but Gloom was able to defend off his back, even trying a submission attempt. Gloom then reversed and got on top of Briggs. Not much happened as the ref stood things up at the third minute. Briggs then showed is dominance as he landed some shots and knocked a winded Gloom down, rocking him in the process. Briggs continued to land shots as he eventually landed a huge left hand. Gloom just covered up, as he was not able to do anything. Briggs landed more shots and the ref had to step in and stop this one. The fight rating was a 50 percent. Briggs landed 11 of 14 standing up and four of five ground strikes. Gloom was four of four and missed two takedowns. Jax Briggs will face Buliwyf Christianson on 7/11 while Gloom is still waiting on his next offer.

265+ Ibs: Buliwyf Christianson def Peter Sutcliffe via KO (strikes) at 3:58 of Round 2

The big boys provided us with the fight of the night in the Super Heavyweight bout of the main card. The fight started with Christianson missing with a leg kick and then suffering a counter punch that ended up giving him a nice cut. The fighters were streaky with attempting strikes; each would throw three or so in a row before being on the defense for a number of strikes. Christianson’s cut continued to get worse as Sutcliffe was connecting with his shots. After the second minute Christianson took the fight into the clinch, right where he wanted it to be. Shots were traded, some hit some missed, but things really got interesting when Christianson rocked his opponent with a short right. With Sutcliffe not in his right mind, Christianson was able to land a nice takedown. He landed some strikes but Sutcliffe was able to stand up within 30 seconds. The round ended with these guys fighting from a distance. Sutcliffe was able to get the better of the exchanges when things were at a distance. Since that’s where most of the round was he maybe was able to influence the judges to give him the round. It was close though, and with the good work Christianson put in, the argument could be made that he won it. Thankfully it didn’t matter who won the first. In the second round things were kept at a distance for about 40 seconds before Christianson clinched up. He controlled and hit Sutcliffe with some nice shots. Sutcliffe also got him with a nice uppercut that really got Christianson’s cut going. Christianson then took things to the ground. He defended a nice sub attempt before really beginning to land strikes. He threw a massive shot that knocked Sutcliffe right out to end the fight in the second. The fight rating was a 55 percent. Christianson was seven of 18 standing up and two of four for clinching. In the clinch he was 12 of 27 striking. On the ground he was three of five. Sutcliffe was 17 of 26 standing and four of seven in the clinch. Christianson has Jax Briggs to face on 7/11. Sutcliffe finished his contract out with this fight.

145 Ibs: Rapen Murder def Mikhael Tomas via Submission (Triangle) at 1:58 of Round 2

The main card started with these two featherweight fighters. Mikhael Tomas was able to get a takedown in the beginning of the round. Murder tried a submission from his back followed by a submission attempt from Tomas. The rest of the time on the ground was spent with each fighter trying to control. Halfway through the round the ref stood things up and Murder was able to score with some standup. Tomas eventually took things down again just before the third minute. It was much the same with each fighter trying to control, which put a dull in the action. The round ended with each fighter trying to submit the other. In the second, Tomas took things to the ground, only to be submitted by a triangle from Murder off his back. The fight rating had a 30 percent. Murder was seven of 10 standing up while Tomas did not throw any strikes in this one. Rapen Murder won submission of the night honors with his performance. He will fight Rodrigo Cabral on 7/11 while Tomas fought out his contract in this one.

• Upvote 2

I'm looking forward to this fight :-), that whole event should be a good one.

The only "Bad Blood" that will be happening is the amount of BLOOD that will be spilled onto the mat before the main event.

Apologies to Armstrong and Army, hope you guys don't slip on Ramos's blood after i'm done carving him up.

ROV 35: Bad Blood Preview

Rivalry isn’t hate, it is a partnership in disguise. If you want to give it your all and be your best, you need a rival. Without one you wouldn’t be your best, you wouldn’t give it your all

-- Anonymous

Well hello hello fans and fanatics of Ring of Violence. I hope you enjoy it, because ROV 35: Bad Blood is going to be a bloody one for all you guys. I, as usual, am extremely excited for this one. But what makes me more excited than I’ve been in the past is that the two title fights really do feature fighters who have bad blood with each other, hence the name of the event. There is nothing better than seeing two people talk trash (for the most part, not all of them are speaking) and then get in the ring and go to war. The Kazan Sambo Center will most likely be sold out at 7,708 in this one. If you’re as excited as me, check out this preview, but not before you go check out the amazing merchandise at //buriedALIVE// Fight Gear.

265+ Ibs Title: Arnie Armstrong (5-0-0) v Dick Army (11-1-0)

“Dick Army if you came at me with everything you got, you still aint good enough. You're built like a sack of potatoes and that’s exactly how you will fall when I knock you the f#%k out. ROV fans prepare for destruction” – Arnie Armstrong

With a combined record of 16-1, this Super Heavyweight title bout is sure to be an exciting one between two obviously skilled fighters. Arnie Armstrong is the undefeated champion. He won his belt in his last fight at ROV 31, knocking out Qasim Barakat in the second round. The good wrestler is extremely confident that he’ll win this fight and defend the belt for as long as he wants: “Well, A true champion holds onto his belt for a long time and recently in ROV the belt has been passed around more than Dick Army's mother so I am looking to make that change and keep that belt round my waist. Nothing will tarnish the legacy of Arnie Armstrong, in a few years’ time I will be the biggest name in the MMA world.” Some may call that a cheap jab at Dick Army’s mother, me however would say that’s the funniest answer to a question anyone in ROV has ever given me. Take it how you will. Arnie Armstrong has won all of his fights by (T)KO. I doubt he’ll want to change that in this fight. The winner of his last seven fights, Dick Army actually just recently began his MMA career. He has fought three times in MMA and has won every single one of them, all taking place in the Ring of Violence organization. The excellent boxer last won against Peter Sutcliffe at ROV 31, winning by TKO. If you count only his MMA fights, Dick Army has something in common with his opponent: He’s won all of them by (T)KO. That makes this writer pretty f****n excited! Winning the belt would mean a whole lot for Dick Army. He has been really training for his and now gets to see his dream come true: fighting for the ROV title. When stacking these two monsters up, the matchup is a tiny bit more favorable to Army, although most would call it even. He is the slightly better boxer and has a higher BJJ belt than Army. Armstrong has just a little better Muay Thai and Wrestling. Look for Army to keep his distance in order to out box Armstrong. Look for Armstrong to do the exact opposite and try and bring this puppy nose to nose so he can beat the living hell out of his opponent with dirty boxing, elbows, and knees. No matter what, I think this one is going to be a bloody battle that won’t go past the first round.

145 Ibs Title: Damien Redman (11-3-0) v Tony Ramos (11-1-0)

“Ramos, you talked about wanting this fight and now you gone all quiet. I'll make you wish you never went for my belt as I carve your face up.” – Damien Redman

The co-main event is another title fight between these two featherweight warriors. Champion Damien Redman is on a three fight win streak right now, last defeating Troll ShitBrickHouse via a doctor stoppage due to a cut in the fourth round. Winner of his last three, Damien Redman now gets his first shot at defending a title. Win asked what it would mean to his legacy, Redman answered with: “Winning the belt is the easy part. Now that I have that bull’s-eye on my back, I welcome anyone to try and take it off me.” It looks like Redman knows it’s going to be a challenge, a challenge that he seems ready for. Opponent Tony Ramos is the former champion who lost his belt to Troll ShitBrickHouse at ROV 22. He seems hungry for his belt back, so hungry that his agent informed me he wasn’t taking questions or releasing statements so that he could solely focus on training. The cardio machine has won all of his fights since relinquishing his title. He’ll look to keep that win streak going and regain what he considers his. These two definitely have different styles. Redman is the standup fighter while Ramos prefers the ground. There isn’t much to give with that, look for the fighters to fight toward their strengths. I can’t wait to see which style wins.

205 Ibs: Juan Tamad (23-20-1) v George Steele (23-23-0)

The middle of our card features two very experienced fighters with questionable records. Although some might say titles are not completely out of view, I think these guys are really just fighting for pride. Well screw it, pride fights tend to be the bloodiest and baddest fights, as the fighters know they have nothing to lose. Juan Tamad is 1-1 in his last two matches, which happened to be his first two fights in ROV. Before that, he was on a 7 fight losing streak. The great wrestler will be looking to put his ROV record above .500 in this bout. George Steele is the loser of his last two fights, the first one being a championship fight from the ROV Light Heavyweight tournament. The insanely flexible fighter is now 2-2 in ROV after dropping his last two. He’ll be looking to mess Juan Tamad up and keep his overall record a winner. On paper, these guys are even with wrestling. Tamad has a very slight advantage boxing. He also has the Muay Thai advantage while Steele has the BJJ advantage, red belt to black. Tamad is a fighter who will really mix things up in his fights. He’s had matches where he’s thrown a lot of strikes both standing and on the ground. With how he matches up with Tamad, look for him to surprise us all and keep us guessing on where he’ll be. Steele loves his submissions. Tamad may be hard to submit because his BJJ skills are top notch, but look for him to fight toward his strength on the ground.

170 Ibs: Frank Underwood (4-1-0) v Hannibal Barca (6-1-0)

The welterweights come out to play in the second main card fight of the event. Underwood had a shot at the title in his last fight and blew it against Dutch Schultz, getting caught by a nasty knee in the fourth round. The man with the lethal high kicks better put them to good use if he ever wants a shot at the title again. His opponent Hannibal Barca is undefeated in ROV, sitting at 3-0. I’ve probably said this in my last preview featuring this fighter, but to the two managers that let this guy go, wtf? This guy is talented and ready to brawl every time he gets into the ring. The cardio machine is looking for his first ever title shot. A win here will surely get him closer if it doesn’t get him there altogether. These guys are not even at one thing. Underwood has the Muay Thai advantage along with his better wrestling. Barca has the boxing and a strong BJJ advantage. Although it may not be Barca’s game, look for him to use his BJJ skills to win this one. Underwood has a white belt, a problem for anyone wanting to be champion. Look for Underwood to get things close and throw some knees or to end things with a deadly head kick.

265+ Ibs: Oleg Ljashko (3-1-0) v Robert Sullivan (8-4-0)

This card ends with the big boys and also starts with it, as Oleg Ljashko and Robert Sullivan are given a chance to go at it. In only his fifth professional fight, Oleg Ljashko has a chance to go on a four fight win streak and cement his reputation as a serious fighter. He has fought all of his fights in ROV. After dropping his pro debut via questionable split decision to Peter Burg, Ljashko was given an opportunity to avenge himself, defeating the same opponent via KO at ROV 25. He hasn’t lost since. Robert Sullivan is the more experienced fighter. The twenty-eight year old is on a two fight win streak. Sullivan struggled after losing his title bid at ROV 15, but he seems to be back on track. Ljashko has the boxing advantage in this one while Sullivan has a decent Muay Thai and wrestling advantage. They are even in BJJ. Look for Sullivan to bring things close while Ljashko tries to keep things far as possible.

• Upvote 3