Cleveland will suck.

ch3rubim

Melo being Melo. 26 FG attempts, 46pts, 1 assit and...Knicks lost. Again. To Utah Jazz. To U-T-A-H J-A-Z-Z. Uuuuuuuuuutaaaaaaaahhhhhh Jaaaaaazzzz.

Knicks sucks, but even I thought they can beat Utah. But I guess having Melo on the team hurts them more than I thought. At that pace they won't even reach .400 record at the end of the season, as I thought they will. Still sure that Knicks will make playoffs? xD They won't make top 10 in the east, not to mention Top 4 you predicted them to be xD

Yeah,they look like pure trash, remember our best player didnt even play

I think Vucevic is Orlando's best player by a pretty big margin. Fournier has been great so far too, if he keeps it up and is for real, the Magic got a great return on Affallo.

I like Oladipo, but I have doubts that he turns into the player the Magic are hoping for.

I think Vucevic is Orlando's best player by a pretty big margin. Fournier has been great so far too, if he keeps it up and is for real, the Magic got a great return on Affallo.

I like Oladipo, but I have doubts that he turns into the player the Magic are hoping for.

But still, it doesn't hurt to have Oladipo flying around the court too, for sure...

The Cavs are looking Okay... Kyrie still needs to pass lol

And no defense. a team like Boston scored 121 no overtime. Kyrie is a combo guard now like Westbrook but better offensively.

Gordon Hayward for most improved player.

Magic look great. Even better when Oladipo's back, he's still a good defensive player.

Yeah they expect Oladipo to become DWade and i dont expect that but i see a Tony Allen/Deshawn Stephenson style defender with more upside offensively since he actually shocked me and Improved in hitting the three. I pray we can resign Vuc and fournier has been a shock to both of us (JLP) but he may settle like tobias has.

Edit: shit yeah Gordon Hayward has been amazing

But still, it doesn't hurt to have Oladipo flying around the court too, for sure...

Of course. I like what the Magic are doing with the rebuild. They are drafting great athletes with high upside (Gordon, Oladipo, Payton) who play NBA caliber defense already. If one of those three becomes an perennial allstar and one is a solid starter you have a nice team to attract a max FA in the next two years. Vucevic is a top ten center already and only 23. Fournier looks like a solid role player.

Yeah they expect Oladipo to become DWade and i dont expect that but i see a Tony Allen/Deshawn Stephenson style defender with more upside offensively since he actually shocked me and Improved in hitting the three. I pray we can resign Vuc and fournier has been a shock to both of us (JLP) but he may settle like tobias has.

Edit: shit yeah Gordon Hayward has been amazing

Vuc has already re-signed. Harris is as good as gone, he wont be worth the money he'll get as a FA next year.

Of course. I like what the Magic are doing with the rebuild. They are drafting great athletes with high upside (Gordon, Oladipo, Payton) who play NBA caliber defense already. If one of those three becomes an perennial allstar and one is a solid starter you have a nice team to attract a max FA in the next two years. Vucevic is a top ten center already and only 23. Fournier looks like a solid role player.

You need to snatch FA this upcoming summer, or your chances are going down. Remember that after next season we will have new, crazy cap limit so basically each NBA team will be able to offer huge deals to FAs that summer. If you won't get good guy after this season, I doubt teams like Utah, T-Wolves, Hawks or Orlando will have enough potential without that, to compete with superpowers like Clevland, Spurs or Chicado when new cap rooms starts. That's why LeBron signed only 2 years deal. Even if he didn't know how big new cap room will be (which I believe he knew), then at least he knew that new TV deal will raise it anyway. That's whats called being smart. Orlando needs to grab someone this year, same goes for other teams - or league will be even less competitive.

Besides, T-Wolves fucked themselves hard with new Rubio's deal, didn't they? If I recall correctly he has something like 25% of cap room on his deal, right? Imagine how rich he would be...most overpaid player today?

EDIT: Nope...I think Im wrong on that. Sorry, my memory failed me this time xD I was sure that someone just recently signed that kind of deal though... :/

The UFA class next year is kind of weak. The good ones either wont leave their current teams or will just want one year deals anyway because of the upcoming cap jump. The RFA class has some good young players, but you always overpay for them.

FA and superteams is why the NBA is so fucked up and boring now. The level of play in the NBA has never been better, but there was far more competitive balance in the 80s and 90s so the league seemed more fun to me. Going into the season there are only 5-6 teams that look like legit title contenders.

The UFA class next year is kind of weak. The good ones either wont leave their current teams or will just want one year deals anyway because of the upcoming cap jump. The RFA class has some good young players, but you always overpay for them.

FA and superteams is why the NBA is so fucked up and boring now. The level of play in the NBA has never been better, but there was far more competitive balance in the 80s and 90s so the league seemed more fun to me. Going into the season there are only 5-6 teams that look like legit title contenders.

Duuuuh...how many guys teams overpaid this year, just to make sure they won't have to give them bigger deals when cap jumps? This year overpaying under current cap will payoff when new cap comes into play.

Duuuuh...how many guys teams overpaid this year, just to make sure they won't have to give them bigger deals when cap jumps? This year overpaying under current cap will payoff when new cap comes into play.

only the average players are going to sign long term deals next offseason. the elite players are going to sign one year deals and wait a year to cash in. even with the new cap, overpaying average starters isnt going to be a way to build a good team.

also, something you dont seem to understand is that the cap is going up but the max salary is still determined by percentage of the total cap. teams wont be capable of adding two or three max players at once.

only the average players are going to sign long term deals next offseason. the elite players are going to sign one year deals and wait a year to cash in. even with the new cap, overpaying average starters isnt going to be a way to build a good team.

also, something you dont seem to understand is that the cap is going up but the max salary is still determined by percentage of the total cap. teams wont be capable of adding two or three max players at once.

But I guess with new cap, all teams would be able to - for example - offer max deal to LeBron, when his deal expires, right? Same goes for KD - because if Im correct, he will be FA at that summer too, right?

Vuc has already re-signed. Harris is as good as gone, he wont be worth the money he'll get as a FA next year.

What did Vuc resign for? Im not hurt by Tobias leaving, i like our defensive young talents, i wish Harkless was more of a threat offensively... the whole Paul George - Harkless comparison was well far off, i still think he has good potential though

But I guess with new cap, all teams would be able to - for example - offer max deal to LeBron, when his deal expires, right? Same goes for KD - because if Im correct, he will be FA at that summer too, right?

Potentially. It's not as if the new cap is going to create two or three superstar filled teams though. The Magic and the sixers and other rebuilding teams are hoping to have a developing young core and plenty of cap space to lure in an elite player in the '15-'16 offseasons.

What did Vuc resign for? Im not hurt by Tobias leaving, i like our defensive young talents, i wish Harkless was more of a threat offensively... the whole Paul George - Harkless comparison was well far off, i still think he has good potential though

4 years at 48 million with 5 mil in incentives. nice deal for the magic.

If Harris is your 6th man I think you are pretty happy, but he's not going to be making 6th man money wherever he goes next year. He's one of those marginal players who is going to get big money this offseason, way more money than a volume scorer/tweener with iffy defense abilities should get.

If harkless starts hitting that three point shot consistently hes Bruce Bowen+. Vaughn doesnt seem to like him though so he doesnt get the playing time he should so it probably wont happen.

My spurs are next first tough opponent for the Cavs

Unless Pop will rest half of the team...we all know he likes to do that and he doesn't give a shit about league's feelings about that.

The spurs are weaker this season though. It all depends on how Corey Joseph plays since Ginobili is old. And I think Leonard's still not their yet offensively. I do hope he resigns to max deal with spurs at the end of the season.

He's not the only old player on the Spurs. Leonard will resign, they won't let him go and he wants to stay too. I see no reason for him to leave. And like I said - if Pop decides to rest Manu, Timmy or other guys this game - Cavs will take it. And he may do that. He knows that's gonna be tough game - so why risk injures and worn out your guys, since the season just started? I see plenty of reasons for Pop to rest some guys against Cavs...