McGregor vs Siver

Ramirez

Is it just me or is this a bit of a set up for McGregor to get an easy victory and string 5 in a row?

i would be quite disappointed if he get's a title shot before the winner of Edgar vs Swanson if he just has to beat Siver to get next in line.

Siver is nowhere near the level of the top 5 or 6 featherweights and surely McGregor should fight one of those first.

what do you guys reckon?

• Upvote 1

Is it just me or is this a bit of a set up for McGregor to get an easy victory and string 5 in a row?

i would be quite disappointed if he get's a title shot before the winner of Edgar vs Swanson if he just has to beat Siver to get next in line.

Siver is nowhere near the level of the top 5 or 6 featherweights and surely McGregor should fight one of those first.

what do you guys reckon?

I've said it before. McGregor will be the one that steps in once the winner of Edgar/Swanson pulls out due to a mysterious injury.

i hate that the UFC seems to have certain fighters they 'give' a way to the title or top contender spots. I understand it from a financial point of view, but it sucks for the other fighters and for most fans.

Yep it's funny how they blow him up as a god in the media then hand him..... Siver?? What the fuck does this fight prove except that the UFC continues to spoon feed moneymakers easy wins? If McGregor is half as good as the UFC pretended then they would have to admit that this is a joke of a fight.

I hope Siver surprises McGregor with a spinning heel kick that pops his liver and all this bullshit hype at the same time.

Siver is a good fighter, even though he is a step below the elite of the UFC's FW division, but he'll have a really hard time with the range and agression of McGregor and probably get finished in the first round. That being said I really hope Siver destroys him just to put an end to the hype train.

Yeah i feel the same way but it wont happen, they chose Siver for a reason

if conor was gonna take a step back he might as well as fought nik lentz, and get some credibility to his takedown defense

Waaaaay too dangerous for the UFC to book him against any wrestlers at this point unless it's for the title with how much hype they're investing in him.

Siver can wrestler but he's clearly more of an old standup guy put in there to take some damage and get knocked out after hopefully lasting a round or 2.

Kind of a tough spot for Dana here. It seems like he's promised the next title shot to both the winner of Edgar/Swanson and Conor if he wins. Then you have Lamas and Bermudez fighting. Conor wanted a fight quickly to keep the hype train rolling and get more UFC experience IMO. I don't think he is ducking anybody. There was NOBODY else in the top 7 of the divison to fight

• Upvote 1

Kind of a tough spot for Dana here. It seems like he's promised the next title shot to both the winner of Edgar/Swanson and Conor if he wins. Then you have Lamas and Bermudez fighting. Conor wanted a fight quickly to keep the hype train rolling and get more UFC experience IMO. I don't think he is ducking anybody. There was NOBODY else in the top 7 of the divison to fight

Nice to meet you TPowell, we arent saying (or at least im not) that Conor is ducking anyone, we are saying that the UFC is protecting him in a sense until he gets his title fight because of the amount of people who watch and money they spend when Conor fights. Its more or less like when any other major sports team is playing in the playoffs, they get the calls because more people will spend money when they win

Nice to meet you TPowell, we arent saying (or at least im not) that Conor is ducking anyone, we are saying that the UFC is protecting him in a sense until he gets his title fight because of the amount of people who watch and money they spend when Conor fights. Its more or less like when any other major sports team is playing in the playoffs, they get the calls because more people will spend money when they win

I agree with that but you can't blame the UFC for it or this Siver fight. It was all that was open at the time