Jon Jones ALLEGEDLY out of UFC 187

GBK16

Really disappointed that the fight with Johnson won't happen. He will likely get jail time (should get jail time) so maybe this experience will help him change for the better. I hope this doesn't lead down a path that will derail his career though because he's clearly the most talented fighter in MMA right now (maybe all time) and was well on his way to becoming the greatest. UFC 187 is really deep but this was the big fight I was most excited about; I'll still watch but DC v.s Johnson just doesn't do it for me.

This was basically the only option for the UFC really.

If they fire Jones, he will end up signing for Bellator

If they do nothing, there is a huge shitstorm about it

Strip him of the title and suspend him until the verdict in the case comes out was the logical decision. Johnson vs DC is nowhere near the same level of excitement, but a strong card means there won't be any major damage.

Although Jones deserves what he got, I am gutted. I was really really looking forward to that fight and I think Johnson could have taken that belt off him. And to be honest DC just doesn't really excite me... but I guess he is the logical choice for a replacement.

Same it's kind of unfair for anthony johnson,he trained to fight a tall striker for his most important fight in his career and he get to fight a small wrestler that not much people like to see fight...

The event is still a month away. Sure it's not a full training camp but shouldn't that be enough to adjust to a new opponant for such an experienced guy like anthony?. It's not like he hasn't had a camp, they just need to change a few things and expect a lot more takedowns. UFC 187 is 24th of may

This is bullshit. Letting Bones get knocked out by Johnson would of been far worse punishment than this. and they give a title shot to Cormier?

JJ was going to get knocked out by Rumble. and I was going to bank a ridiculous amount of cash when it happened. I've called it since AJ signed with the UFC, that he'd be the guy to dethrone Jones at 205. This annoys me enough to rant on a forum. Rampage got in a high speed chase and I don't remember him getting suspended. Personally, I want to see Jones lose every time he fights, but I don't think they should of pulled him off the card. That's just retarded. JJ ducking Johnson. Should of let him go out there and take his ass whooping like a man.

AJ would of knocked Jones out cold. You see JJ's last few fights? AJ's a horrible match up for him.

I think its more the millions that Jones would make win or lose, that will hurt him more than a loss to AJ would ever do. He has lost his endorsements and if the UFC kept him fighting no doubt they would lose sponsorship money also with the bad press. The UFC made the right decision in this case imo.

For my take on this, Jon Jones got it coming. With all the scandals off the ring, his luck just came to an end. No one can doubt his ability inside the ring excluding all the eye poking issues but he just got really cocky and all. I do hope he learns his lesson now and comes back with a renewed mindset.

My question is, will he do time in bars? A hit and run plus weed in his car does not bode well for him.

For my take on this, Jon Jones got it coming. With all the scandals off the ring, his luck just came to an end. No one can doubt his ability inside the ring excluding all the eye poking issues but he just got really cocky and all. I do hope he learns his lesson now and comes back with a renewed mindset.

My question is, will he do time in bars? A hit and run plus weed in his car does not bode well for him.

A normal person in this situation does some time but considering he has money and he's a famous athlete he gets different rules than the rest of us so I'm guessing he gets probation and/or community service, and maybe he goes back to rehab (for another day). It's gonna be a slap on the wrist then back to fighting. I think time behind bars would be better for him because anything else and he just gets away with another crime and likely won't change his ways.

A normal person in this situation does some time but considering he has money and he's a famous athlete he gets different rules than the rest of us so I'm guessing he gets probation and/or community service, and maybe he goes back to rehab (for another day). It's gonna be a slap on the wrist then back to fighting. I think time behind bars would be better for him because anything else and he just gets away with another crime and likely won't change his ways.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I was just hoping he'd do time to at least make him get back on the ground. I really felt the UFC was trying to cover his ass but the crime now is just too severe to be ignored or cleaned up hence, the stripping of the belt which I thought they should've done after the cocaine incident. I'm chuckling about Dana White on the drug issue again with him saying that they don't tolerate drug abusers but when their top fighter gets tested positive he goes full compassionate mode. Well... Hopefully, the legal system does not give him another reprieve. Again, hopefully. Hahaha!