ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

If you guys are good with it, I am. I think it is good of you all to offer. It was not in the rules so you are giving whoever the second place team is another shot at the cash when by the rules they wouldn't have it. This is my first time as a team captain, Bernie was in it last time, but he was only fighting and I didn't even follow it, because the captain we had last time just picked the fights, I was a filler to complete the team, so just accepted my fights and went with it. But one thing is for sure, I will plan on having a team from here on out! Since it is under new management this time is kind of a learning experience for Grant as much as the rest of us. So I don't see a problem in bending the rules as we go along and making them work for us, as long as the other teams agree. The next ITFL should have some of these things figured out ahead of time after doing it now.

Maybe at the end of this ITFL we should vote now for what weight the next one will be at, the ID limit, if we are going to have 2 weight classes again, and if we want to change any rules for the next one. That way guys can kind of make a plan as to what they are going to do with project builds and that kind of thing. I like the 2 weight classes myself but not sure what everyone else thinks of them.

Maybe at the end of this ITFL we should vote now for what weight the next one will be at, the ID limit, if we are going to have 2 weight classes again, and if we want to change any rules for the next one. That way guys can kind of make a plan as to what they are going to do with project builds and that kind of thing. I like the 2 weight classes myself but not sure what everyone else thinks of them.

I like the two weight classes as well. It makes it more fun and strategic as to what fights to pick in my opinion. + That way I can fight twice per round now :D

I honestly don't care either way tbh. 1 of the reasons we had a finale before was because there were 2 groups of 4 teams. You used to fight the 3 teams in your own group twice & then the 4 teams in the opposite group once. The top teams from each group advanced to a team playoff.

The reason I suggested to GBK not to have a playoff this season was because with 6 teams u already fight every other team twice so fighting a 3rd time just seemed pointless imo.

I'm fine either way but maybe a good compromise would be if Conquer finishes in 1st we only do a finale if the 2nd place team isn't 0-2 head to head against us

Well that's The Corporation ruled out :D Guess we'll just have to focus on getting some of our guys into the Individual Finale.

• Upvote 1

Well that's The Corporation ruled out :D Guess we'll just have to focus on getting some of our guys into the Individual Finale.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

If my predictions come true for the next few rounds, then we will have guys in the individual tournament PLUS we will take the team trophy!

Yeah boy!!!!

PS: Come to Sully's Bar & Grill

...and remember to stay classy :drunk:

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

If my predictions come true for the next few rounds, then we will have guys in the individual tournament PLUS we will take the team trophy!

Yeah boy!!!!

PS: Come to Sully's Bar & Grill

...and remember to stay classy :drunk:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14431842983677.gif

Arthur "The Shamrock" Curry

The good thing about your booze is the fact that it is so strong that you might even believe some of your own predictions sometimes Sully!

Since it was not in the rules, the main thing is the leaders would have to agree to it. If they dont want to do it, I dont think we should. Yes I know a few things have went on, like fighters changing managers and stuff but still, this is to win all the cash and is a different story. If they dont want to do it, then we shouldnt. If it is a vote, then of course they will get outvoted because everyone else wants a shot at the cash. I feel if they are against it, we shouldnt even vote. If we vote, The Stray Dogs will vote the same as the leaders. Even if we manage to slide into second. Well unless it is each manager voting, some may go with a final, guess I should say, I will vote with the leaders.

We just need to get rules figured out for next time and stick to them, while all this is going on so it is fresh in everyones mind. By the time the next ITFL starts we may forget some of the problems of this on.

I don't think all of my teammates are thrilled with the idea

The main problem is when you set precedent like you did last season. When I asked Grant the rules way back he said it would be like the last season and he is using the same rules as last seasons ITFL (which ended up having a finale). If what I am led to believe is true the people decided for season 3 at least from what you are saying, and by the looks of Marky's reaction he wasn't best pleased either. The reasoning behind not having a finale this year is also not great; considering last year there were only 7 teams with 5 fighters each. This year there are 6 teams with 7 fighters each, more fighters to pick from to make match ups etc, makes it interesting. The only thing that seems to be different is the fact your team are in the lead this year and look like they cannot be caught, but in the finale we all know anything can happen and in previous years the league leaders end up getting beaten by teams who were improving through-out the tournament. The finale is the only thing I find moderately interesting about this and the only time I'll let my feelings known about certain match ups. This isn't to be a dick or call you out etc, this is just what my view on it is and what I was told at the start.

To be truthful if anything should go it should be the individual aspect of the tournament, it shouldn't have been there in the first place. International Team Fighting League: to use the old cliché quote there is not I in team. That is what makes this thing drag on, not the team finale which is an extra two weeks opposed to an extra two months. If there is no team finale then it means all my fighters are doing is wasting time, risking their hype fighting guys who normally would not get matched up against them with no hope of a reward until the individual finale.

• Upvote 5

I should pay closer attention to the rules. If anything, we all should have looked at the rules and pointed out that there was nothing there about a team finale, which I wrongly assumed would have been there. It's not Grants fault for leaving it out, it's everyone fault who is in this tournament for not noticing.

The main problem is when you set precedent like you did last season. When I asked Grant the rules way back he said it would be like the last season and he is using the same rules as last seasons ITFL (which ended up having a finale). If what I am led to believe is true the people decided for season 3 at least from what you are saying, and by the looks of Marky's reaction he wasn't best pleased either. The reasoning behind not having a finale this year is also not great; considering last year there were only 7 teams with 5 fighters each. This year there are 6 teams with 7 fighters each, more fighters to pick from to make match ups etc, makes it interesting. The only thing that seems to be different is the fact your team are in the lead this year and look like they cannot be caught, but in the finale we all know anything can happen and in previous years the league leaders end up getting beaten by teams who were improving through-out the tournament. The finale is the only thing I find moderately interesting about this and the only time I'll let my feelings known about certain match ups. This isn't to be a dick or call you out etc, this is just what my view on it is and what I was told at the start.

To be truthful if anything should go it should be the individual aspect of the tournament, it shouldn't have been there in the first place. International Team Fighting League: to use the old cliché quote there is not I in team. That is what makes this thing drag on, not the team finale which is an extra two weeks opposed to an extra two months. If there is no team finale then it means all my fighters are doing is wasting time, risking their hype fighting guys who normally would not get matched up against them with no hope of a reward until the individual finale.

I didn't have a fighter in ITFL last season so that has no impact on whether or not I think we should or shouldn't have a team finale. I've already said I'm fine no matter what the decision is. We're gonna be the first place team and have the Home field advantage and I will replace 1 of the 2 scrubby fighters we have before we get that far so I'm not bothered either way because we're not gonna lose no matter what the decision is.

And your fighters are wasting their time anyway because Vendino isn't going to make the team finale either way. I never asked my team if they wanted or didn't want a team finale, I just spoke my opinion that I don't really mind either way but I'd like to know what the decision is so I can decide if I need to replace a fighter or not to prepare for a winner take all match-up. That was the only reason this was even brought up in the first place

I didn't have a fighter in ITFL last season so that has no impact on whether or not I think we should or shouldn't have a team finale. I've already said I'm fine no matter what the decision is. We're gonna be the first place team and have the Home field advantage and I will replace 1 of the 2 scrubby fighters we have before we get that far so I'm not bothered either way because we're not gonna lose no matter what the decision is.

And your fighters are wasting their time anyway because Vendino isn't going to make the team finale either way. I never asked my team if they wanted or didn't want a team finale, I just spoke my opinion that I don't really mind either way but I'd like to know what the decision is so I can decide if I need to replace a fighter or not to prepare for a winner take all match-up. That was the only reason this was even brought up in the first place

These might become historical words ... :shades:

If you don't have as much confidence in your team as I do then you guys are probably wasting your time too

I'm confident that if the stray dogs can make it to the final ( if there is one), that we can give you guys a very tough challenge ;) We beat you guys already once before this ITFL season. 5-2 if I remember correctly .

Vendino didn't have a great start, not winning in the first 3 weeks and now they've won every week since. If Team Conquer slips up, Vendino might be close behind them.

Would be awkward if Team Conquer finished in 3rd place and missed out on any chance of there being a team finale.

I'm confident that if the stray dogs can make it to the final ( if there is one), that we can give you guys a very tough challenge ;) We beat you guys already once before this ITFL season. 5-2 if I remember correctly .

I think there are quite a few teams who could give us a run for our money but I still feel confident we would win, especially if we finish in 1st and have home field and can control the match-ups. We have a strong team, Kai is undefeated, Wayne only has 1 loss, Perkele is 4-2 but 1 of his losses is due to injury. Whitaker is 4-2 but had pretty shitty luck against Adelhard

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/takedown.gif

Whitaker Jr drives through with a really nice takedown into side control.

The crowd are loving this. Great action here.

Adelhard is sneaking out the side here. He's bucked Whitaker Jr off and has taken his back!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/sub2.gif

Adelhard is remaining active here, looking for the choke. The more discerning members of the crowd will appreciate his efforts.

Well, with Adelhard on his back, surely it's only a matter of time before Whitaker Jr is tapping out... Can he escape the position?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/sub2.gif

Adelhard looking for the rear naked choke. And he's got it! Whitaker Jr taps!

He was 13 seconds away from winning 30-27 and is the 1 who landed the TD and had his back taken the next move. So we're a flukey RNG fight and an injury fight away from having 4 guys on our team w/ 1 loss or less. I feel fairly confident in the rest of the guys. I have 0 confidence in my own fighter Killjoy which is why he'd probably get replaced before the finale