NFL 2015 Discussion

Deuce7

I see the offense taking a dip as the NFL figuring it out. Also seems like the NFL has told the refs to allow the substitutions for the defense if the offense were making them.

Yeah I'm trying to be patient and see if the offense turns it around. We had a lot of roster turnover and they didn't play much together in the pre-season so it doesn't seem like we have much chemistry. We lead the league in dropped passes, I've seen our pro-bowl offensive lineman blow a ridiculous amount of assignments this year where guys come in completely un-touched. So a lot of the drops have caused 3 and outs when we should've had first downs and kept the drive going. Also they've had flashes where they look great but haven't been able to be consistent. They dropped 21 in the 2nd half and like almost 300 yds of offense on the Falcons in the 1 game. They dropped 24 and a bunch of yards on the Jets (who have a good defense) in the 1st half but then were god awful the 2nd half. And then this week against the Saints they scored 39 w/ 2 INT's in the end-zone and had 519 yds of offense. Granted the Saints suck but the offense has flashed at times and then just been atrocious at other times.

If the line starts to gel and the damn WR's catch the ball I still think this offense can look pretty dangerous but it just hasn't come together for them so far this year

Either way they're not going anywhere this year. Only way they even make the play-offs is if 8-8 or 9-7 wins our division.

The sad part is even as god awful as we've been we could very easily be 4-1 this year. We had a late 41yd FG missed that would've given us the lead against Atlanta and then got the ball back with another chance to win, they started marching right down the field like they did the whole 2nd half in that game and then Bradford throws a ball that hits Matthews right in the chest, he dropped it...bounced in the air and got picked off to end the game. Should've been easy catch and 1st down near the 50 yd line.

Against the Redskins we had a 33 yard FG miss and an extra point miss that would've won us that game 24-23. There was another thing that happened in that game too that I forget which was just retarded & helped cost us that game. So even as god awful as they have looked offensively they should probably be 4-1 right now

If the line starts to gel and the damn WR's catch the ball I still think this offense can look pretty dangerous but it just hasn't come together for them so far this year

The real question is if Chip has control over the locker room. He stuck his neck out pretty far this year and got rid of players who didn't necessarily see eye to eye with him. I think Shady's racism comments specifically raised questions. I'm not sold on the fact that Kiko Alonso is a better player than Shady... but Chip has shown complete favoritism towards his college guys (Alonso played at Oregon also). Point being, I could see the locker room being divided... especially if they continue to lose.

As a Bears fan who experienced the Trestman disaster the last 2 years, if a coach doesn't own his locker room, the team typically won't win no matter how much talent is on their roster.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The real question is if Chip has control over the locker room. He stuck his neck out pretty far this year and got rid of players who didn't necessarily see eye to eye with him. I think Shady's racism comments specifically raised questions. I'm not sold on the fact that Kiko Alonso is a better player than Shady... but Chip has shown complete favoritism towards his college guys (Alonso played at Oregon also). Point being, I could see the locker room being divided... especially if they continue to lose.

As a Bears fan who experienced the Trestman disaster the last 2 years, if a coach doesn't own his locker room, the team typically won't win no matter how much talent is on their roster.

I'm not sure how things are in the locker-room honestly. I haven't heard of much dissension so far and usually the Philly media has a pretty good pulse on the team. The only person who I have heard complaints from is Murray because he wants the ball more.

But I don't think you can look at that Shady for Alonso trade as a straight up thing. Our defense was terrible and we needed to improve there and we weren't in the greatest salary cap situation. Shady was due to make 11.5 mil this year for the Eagles. So his hope was that he could get Frank Gore (who agreed and then backed out) and Ryan Matthews who could together replace Shady's production and save him about 3 mil in the salary cap to go add defense (like the big deal they gave Maxwell). Even Murray's deal + Matthews deal is only about a million more than Shady was going to make alone this year. I can't say that his moves haven't helped the defense because our defense is actually pretty good. Not elite yet but leaps and bounds better than last season

I just read that Big Ben is throwing passes at Steelers' practice. Sounds like him and Antonio Brown are lobbying hard for him over Mike Vick. Also sounds like the Steelers will need to be creative with their pass protection because Ben (who's played hurt many times) will be quite vulnerable back there.

• Upvote 1

I just read that Big Ben is throwing passes at Steelers' practice. Sounds like him and Antonio Brown are lobbying hard for him over Mike Vick. Also sounds like the Steelers will need to be creative with their pass protection because Ben (who's played hurt many times) will be quite vulnerable back there.

One could only imagine that Brown has a receiving yards bonus in his contact. Ben should really sit out this week and come back the week after, an extra week could do the world of good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm so disgusted with my Eagles right now. Thank god for our defense this season

I only watched the first half, the defense was pretty impressive.

Jordan Mathews is a fucking cbomb. This was the 2nd week he cost me a fantasy football win. I needed 43 yards from him. He got 59 but then coughed up a fumble and fucked me.

The packers have been playing well on both sides of the ball so far. The Broncos however have being playing well defensively but Peyton hasn't been on form and has no run support. If you look at who the Bronco's have beaten so far it has been mostly close games against teams who are doing awful so far this season. Green bay haven't been in too much trouble winning their games. I think the Packers take it comfortably by a td or more, Peyton to throw two picks and Rodgers to at least put up 21 against them.

I only watched the first half, the defense was pretty impressive.

Jordan Mathews is a fucking cbomb. This was the 2nd week he cost me a fantasy football win. I needed 43 yards from him. He got 59 but then coughed up a fumble and fucked me.

Yeah outside of a bad half against Atlanta and a bad half against the Saints the defense has looked very solid this season. Not to say they've looked amazing at all times, I mean we hurt Romo and let Weeden come in and go 7 of 7 against us for a game winning drive. But also in that situation our offense was going 3 and out and a rapid rate in that game and our defense spent a lot of time on the field by the time that drive happened. Overall I've been pretty happy considering how awful they were last year. The Giants were supposed to be a pretty good offense and aside from that first drive couldn't do shit against us. Demeco Ryans got injured in the 2nd quarter and didn't return to the game so we also were doing that w/ 4th and 5th string MLB's

The packers have been playing well on both sides of the ball so far. The Broncos however have being playing well defensively but Peyton hasn't been on form and has no run support. If you look at who the Bronco's have beaten so far it has been mostly close games against teams who are doing awful so far this season. Green bay haven't been in too much trouble winning their games. I think the Packers take it comfortably by a td or more, Peyton to throw two picks and Rodgers to at least put up 21 against them.

I couldn't agree with you more here. Such ashame too because that Broncos defense is a championship caliber defense

I hope my Falcons get back to form this week. Just keep handing the ball of to Devonta Freeman, if Julio is in single coverage throw it to him and for God's sake stop forcing throws. It's gotta be more on Matt Ryan than Kyle Shanahan that the ball has been forced to Julio no matter what the coverage is and whether he's open or not but I swear sometimes it seems like the play call was to go to Julio no matter what.

I play Madden on X-Box One but not online. I don't need another 14 year old telling me I suck like when I played WWE online.